Looking for a Frugal Woman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just give me a chance, that's all I ask."

She looked straight at him, unafraid, and asked, "When?"

"When you are ready. Now moving on, let me tell you I've started the novel.

"Oh god," she said, planting a foot on the floor to drag her chair closer, so close they knees touched. She didn't appear to mind and Riley didn't and even though about running a hand up between her thighs and decided she would find that unacceptable behavior in a public place.

They discussed the novel and she asked had he ever met a frugal woman who was happy?

"Good point Jennifer, that's really something for me to consider. In fact it may mean me abandoning this novel."

"Oh no, there are degrees of frugality. I suggest you talk to Kitty about that. She is involved in voluntary social work two mornings a week and over the years had been involved deeply in community organizations since she gave up her occupation."

"Which was?"

"She was a family physician for fifteen years."

"Good god, she could be a wonderful resource for me."

Thirty minutes later Riley pushed Jennifer's skirt back from her knee, patted her knee and returned to where her skirt had rested originally.

"I have to go."

"That was an usual thing to do to me."

"I just felt the desire to do it. Thanks for not panicking."

"We can do this a couple of times a week if you wish. It's on my way home."

That caught Riley by surprised.

"There's no need to be surprised. The more I talk to you the more I seem to like you. You have far more depth than I expected."

"Are you frugal?"

She laughed and said no but then she lived easily within her income.

"Do you live with this guy?"

"Yes."

She waited and then asked, "No more questions about that?"

"No. Just get to have more time with me, that's all I ask."

"I suppose you are thinking of me spending a night with you."

"In my dreams. Bye Jennifer."

Breaking out of the kiss he touched her check at stared at her intently.

Although the lighting was dim he was close enough to see the blush spread and that delighted him. God for her to said she supposed he was thinking of spending a night with her, she must have been thinking about that possibility. As Kitty had suggested, he must keep up the pressure

Riley called Kitty next day to tell her he'd had a drink with Jennifer the previous evening during his dinner break. She was on her way home.

"Good boy, sexy little meetings like that will add up."

"Is that how she would view it?"

"I really don't know but it would be how I would regard it if I were married or living with a guy."

"That's very interesting and you said they would add up?"

"I did. The more you get to know someone the better placed you are to make positive decision about them."

"I would like to meet you to talk about my new novel that I have commenced. I need to know more about frugal women."

"Did Jennifer suggest you consult me?"

"Er yes."

"Well you two are really advancing conversationally. Yet you should come over here. What about Saturday?"

"Um only if Joe will be home."

"God Riley, I love you. Dear boy I'm sixty-one and young men no longer have affairs with me and Joe knows it. But never mind, he'll be home and I'll tell me you will be coming to discuss your novel at 11:00 and will be staying for lunch."

"Oh thanks. Um tell him I wish to know about frugal women, if they exist higher up in society and how they think."

"No I will not. It's none of Joe's business what we talk about but he's free to hover I guess?"

"Yes of course. Kitty I adore you."

"Yes, yes. First impressions are always great Riley but dear boy you know how to groom my ego. Jennifer will wonder what's got hold of her when you start banging her. Her man is even duller than Joe and the poor girl had finally admitted that. As you may have noticed Jennifer is not particularly worldly or sophisticated but I think she could be sensational in bed. She's very athletic. Riley are you still there?"

"Yes."

"Oh I've almost over-powered you. For that I apologize."

"Oh no it's fine. It just requires a mind adjustment on my part Kitty. You have far more horsepower for a woman... um..."

"Of my age?"

"Exactly. Um that's a compliment."

"And I realized that. I swim and practice yoga to keep my marbles in tune. I shall see you here at 11:00 on Saturday."

Riley immediately made extensive notes of that conversation. He'd decided his heroine would have a dominating mother and Kitty would be the model. That conversation had told him a great deal about Kitty and how she mixed openness and personality to interface so successfully with people.

The blonde Katja that Riley was teamed with so that one of them could take the other's specialist activities should one of them become sick or otherwise unavailable, invited him home for dinner that evening.

The invitation came as a surprise. Her put her bike in the box of the pickup and as they drove off he said, "Will you boyfriend join us for dinner?

"No he's out of town with my daughter. Are you embarrassed to be alone with me?"

"No definitely not."

"Well you have sex with me?"

"Yes if that's what you wish."

The 30-year old said she would like that.

"Let's go to the bedroom first," Kata said, taking Riley by the hand as he closed the front-door.

She was highly excited and that exited him.

"Undress me," she said. "I'm not in the habit of being promiscuous but you work closely to me and I feel close to you and this opportunity came up."

"Oh good. Um I'm developing a close friendship with a woman."

"That's fine. We'll probably do this just the once."

Katja was almost as tall and as heavy as Riley and she had sufficient horsepower to leave him almost gasping at times. Her pussy was pretty big but she knew how to squeeze him at the right time.

"My boyfriend is smaller than you and he fists me to really get my off," she confided and at that Riley pulled out, ripped off the condom and blasted over her chest and she screamed in delight and she hit her climax.

She was great at sex but indifferent as a cook but Riley was more than happy. She'd drained him sexually and he'd eaten worst home-cooked meals.

Two days later Riley made an appointment and went to Jennifer's office as a client.

"Normally I asked for details of your last attorney to get a copy of your file. In your case you have to decide whether you wish to be traced. But if we don't establish this link you may never know whether your wife proceeds and wins a divorce."

"Yeah well you won't have sex with me if you know that's adultery," Riley smiled.

"Oh I might choose to be that naughty."

He reached for his wallet and handed Jennifer the business card of Julie in Australia and requested Jennifer make full contact with Julie and ask if divorce proceedings had commenced.

Jennifer came around her desk to Riley as he rose to leave.

"Will you come to my cabin for sex?"

"That's a lovely offer. Please allow me to think about it."

"May I squeeze a breast, I mean now."

"If you feel you must, yes."

He squeezed a handful of the left breast and Jennifer made a small cry and slammed into him and kissed him.

Riley broke away.

"I'm a real menace for you, aren't I?"

"You are but I'm not complaining. Off you go."

The meeting with Kitty was very productive and Joe was the perfect host at lunch.

On Monday, the chief copy-editor Meg Peebles and Riley were listed to take the late dinner break at 7 pm. The newspaper's café was almost deserted and Riley took the opportunity to ask a personal question.

"I could be sticking my neck out here but are you and Beth in a relationship?"

"Yes does it show?"

"I only noticed when you two were together at that dinner at her parent's place when I first arrived here. May I talk to you about it as part of research for my novel? I have no idea of what it's like for girl on girl."

"Perhaps it's better than what you think. I can get Beth and myself off once we are running hot by just repeatedly pushing a swollen nipple up and down her leaking pussy with her watching fascinated and me watching her. She goes off with a scream and I follow."

"Jesus, I had no idea."

What continued was one of the most educating half hours in Riley's adult life.

* * *

At the office, Riley's flair was noted and soon he was given the 20-page Saturday lift-out magazine called 'Weekend at Leisure' to design and lay out but was not required to do all the subbing and was free to change headings on any articles submitted. He immediately increased the book reviews page from one to two and more advertising was booked in that section and within a month 'Weekend at Leisure' had increased in size by four pages to 24.

The three book reviewers were increased to five and Riley soon found himself drawn into the city's literary set and he began receiving invitations to social functions that usually included a partner. He saw that as opportunity to pressure Jennifer.

He told her about the invitations when they met for drinks at a bar.

"I guess what you haven't asked is would I consider going to some of these functions with you?"

"Yes."

She said they sounded interesting and if she were free at the time, yes she would accompany him.

"But I'm not riding in that truck thing you drive."

"Well I'll meet you at the locations."

"No I shall call for you."

"What if when you are dropping me back at the cabin I lure you in?"

"I'll take that risk," she giggled.

Hmmm.

The phone awoke him at 7:00 next morning.

"Hi it's Jennifer. Can we meet urgently for coffee?"

He suggested now and she said yes and when they met over coffee fifteen minutes later she dumped him, saying she could no longer have anything to do with him because late last night Byron proposed marriage and she accepted.

Shocked by the suddenness of it, the abrupt about-turn, all he could say was, "Well this is it?"

"Yes."

"Then please transfer my file to your mother if she's prepared to take me on."

"Very well."

And that was it, abruptly. She departed, leaving him to pay.

Well the world hadn't fallen in, he mused. He still has his job, a home, a draft novel under construction and Kitty more than liked him.

Riley called Kitty and told her.

"Damn."

He thought that was a great response.

But it was even better when she said, "Come over for breakfast and to talk after 8:30 when Joe will be heading to the office."

Riley arrived at 8:45 and almost cried when Kitty hugged him and patted his head and said she was so sorry but in this world many things happened unpredictably.

Riley felt a whole lot better and told her so and she looked ever so pleased.

"Would you like a woman to date?"

"Um yes."

"One who might be open to having sex with you?"

"God what will Joe say?"

She just grinned and said he was such tease.

God he loved her.

"Do you remember Cassandra Sampson?"

"The Realtor, yes I do. She's a lovely women and it doesn't surprise me she's a friend of yours."

Kitty smiled and said Cassandra's youngest daughter's marriage had hit the wall after five months because she's unwisely married a guy who was addicted to... to...?"

"Pussy?"

"Um yes. For some reason vagina didn't appear to be the appropriate word although both are nouns."

"One is an informal noun, a slang term, and is used informally. With the other common usage leans you to saying women's vaginas and that sounds, well, rather pompous in comparison."

"Wow I do tend to have interesting conversations to you. But back to Cassandra's daughter Kit as she calls herself although actually named Kitty after me. She is sitting at her family home feeling abandoned and despondent. Cassandra hasn't managed to get Kit to seek work but she might be persuaded to come and clean for you and mow your small lawn, knowing you are in the same boat, having been dumped by your wife."

"So two losers together eh? What a depressing thought."

"Kit's not a loser. She simply awaits re-ignition. But if you're not interested..."

"Okay, please see if you can get Cassandra to bring her to the cabin one morning. There is not a great deal of cleaning to do in a place that small but she could come at 9:00 and cook us breakfast and we can chat and I'll pay her fifteen bucks an hour for four hours."

"Ten bucks is the going rate in this city for private cleaning."

"Well ten bucks and free breakfast and all the coffee she can drink."

"Leave it to me. Now would you like my thoughts on the reasons why so many marriages fail as possibly useful information to work into your book?"

"God I wish you'd been my age and free when I met you Kitty. Fire away."

* * *

"This is my youngest daughter Kit that Kitty her godmother spoke to you about Riley?"

"Well thanks and hi Kit. I guess you know this place from years back?"

"Yes when granddad was still alive," said the unhappy and wan-looking female of about twenty-four. So you know all about me?"

"Only that you are the victim of a collapsed marriage and have been sitting at your family home undecided what to do and you might so some little jobs for me in return for a free breakfast and coffee and the chance to converse with a failed marriage recuperating male."

"Kitty probably thinks you can get me out of my parlous state."

"If she thinks that she didn't say that to me. But I know she finds me interesting and at times amusing."

"What would you require me to do?"

"Arrive here at 9:00 every morning and cook me a light breakfast. I'll probably be working on my draft novel but will be ready to eat and to talk to someone. You then clean the cabin and then help me with my novel but telling things to me about how you found marriage, how your friends cope with their marriages and cope when things go wrong, if you know about them like that. Then we have lunch and you finish at 1:00 and I'll write till 1:40 or so and then head off to work."

"So I'm not expected to sleep with you?"

"Good heavens no. I would think that would be the last thing you'd want to do just now. You probably think all men are swine."

Cassandra smiled and at hearing that.

"Well dad is okay and you sound not too bad. If you must know I called Kitty about you and she said you were lovely and had just been abandoned by another woman."

"Yeah Kit well sometimes the crap hits the fan I get splattered."

She presented her first smile, albeit a tiny one.

"When may I start?"

"Now, I haven't had breakfast yet. If you start early you go early four hours later. Kit will be happy during her time here Cassandra, I promise you. Kiss me and head off to work. Call Kit on her phone as much as you wish. And Kit do us both a favor, dump those granny clothes and come here tomorrow dressed in summer clothes, a top and either shorts or a short skirt and bring a hat and a jacket and sunglasses. Think of here as being a riverside resort. That's why I'm in shorts and a polo and wearing sunglasses and nothing on my feet. I wasn't aware you guys would be coming this morning."

"See Kit, he is nice and talks sense. Just relax with him, that's all I ask."

Cassandra kissed them both and left.

"Have you kissed my mother before?"

"No."

"What do you think of her?"

"Well what do you think? She qualified me as a prospective rental client of her firm and then trusted me with this place, probably the first time she'd ever rented it to a stranger. I accepted the offer, believed the rental was very fair and that left me thinking more than kindly of your mother and it doesn't surprise me that she and Kitty Lind are best of friends."

"Have you thought about the possibility that I might not return here after today?"

"No and that would be your decision Kit. However I already feel we'll get along fine."

Kit took a deep breath.

"You won't pressure me for sex will you?"

"No I assure you of that."

"What is it about me you don't like?"

"Nothing I'm aware of. But having sex with a stranger is the last thing you need right now."

"And you think that's being considerate?"

"Yes."

"And so do I. What shall I cook for breakfast?"

"Bacon and potato mash. I boiled extra potatoes when cooking my dinner last night."

Riley noticed the change in Kit acutely. It was like a fruit tree blossoming. She even left on that first day looking decidedly better than when she'd arrived. The following morning she was dressed in shorts and a tight top.

"You can see much more of my legs and the shape of my breasts."

"So?"

She appeared nonplussed.

"Why can't you answer?"

"It's because I appear unable to think of an answer."

"Then I suggest you say you can't think of an answer or be more upfront and say you over-stated the situation. You know I know you have legs and breasts so what's the big deal?"

"Riley I overstated the situation. Would you like me to show more of my legs and more of my breasts."

"No reserve that unveiling to the day you decide to seduce me."

"What?"

"Yes what a good choice of word. What was it about what I just said that you didn't understand?"

"I never expected you to be so upfront talking to be about sex."

Riley sighed and said she now knew differently.

"Indeed I do. But I have to say does it matter?"

"God you are exhibiting intelligence."

She smiled and when she left at 1:00 she held her lips out to be kissed.

"You are like a tonic for me," she smiled. "So do you call them breasts or tits?"

"What?"

She laughed and said, "Yes what was it about what I just said that you didn't understand?"

He laughed and said touché and Kit left looking fairly happy for her.

Cassandra called him.

"I can't believe how successful you are proving with Kit. She's come to my office smiling and says she's happy because you are such a nice guy and she can relax in your company in your environment. You know I had belief deep down you'd pull it off. It's all about her confidence, isn't it?"

"Yes confidence and being protected against nasty shocks."

"Well thanks for helping me to get my daughter back to her former sparky self. Um just a warning, if she feels so good about you she may fall for you."

"Yes and I've thought of that possibility. I'll call you if I think that's beginning to develop and you can lure her from here and steer here into another direction."

Cassandra snorted and said that shouldn't be her responsibility.

"Someone has to accept responsibility when she is like this and you are her mother."

"Well yes I am but..."

"The alternative is for me to leave here."

"No that would be totally unfair."

"Cassandra I promise I'll continue to tread carefully with her. I am engaged in pushing her thinking to reopen her perspectives on life but I'm probably doing all the wrong things."

"No please continue. The old belief applies here: time will cure her. You bounced back from your similar predicament according to Kitty. You have understanding."

Riley sighed and thought those women had dumped Kit on him for that reason rather than for her need to do some work in a safe environment with someone new to interact with. Then he figured perhaps they had considered all those things as a total package?

Editor Joe Lind made a surprise announcement at the Friday afternoon news conference. For the first time the independent selection committee had nominated The Bugle for two awards in then Annual Regional Newspapers Awards in its division of medium-sized (by paid circulation) newspapers.

The newspaper occasionally had one of its reporters in the Best Reporter in its division or competed for the Best Front Page but this year Linda Jones had been nominated as Best Photographer in The Bugle's division while the May 21 publication of its 'Weekend Leisure' was nominated for both the division award and the open all newspapers award.