Lord Oakes' Daughter Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The one who read law in preference to kicking the pigs bladder around the quod?" the High Sheriff joked.

"Indeed." I spoke up, "Is there a pertinence to this line of questioning?"

"It is called a joke, see page thirty six," said my father as if I was a dullard, "No John, as we call him, has severe misgivimgs over Mr Justice Wiblethwaite's conduct of a case of indecency against his beloved."

"Then come through," the High Sheriff insisted, "I have heard much of this gentleman's eccentricity from diverse informants."

We sat and I laid out my complaints.

"So you aver that the law says 'Of noble birth' and not as Wibblethwaite took it "Of noble rank?" the High Sheriff asked.

"Indeed." I insisted.

"You are indeed a pedant of the most pedantic kind," The High Sheriff declared, "But there is no denying the matter, that is what the Law says."

"Let us take Luncheon, oh and Hodgkins," he said, "Summon Wibblethwaite forthwith, no pleasantries, to attend forthwith."

My father had not even explained the falsehood of the evidence and we had Wibblethwaite summoned.

He attended at four of the clock, my father was looking longingly at aged hags in the street at this juncture, and I myself would have gladly consorted with a comely housemaid but there was legal business to be conducted.

"I demand satisfaction!" Wibblethwaite insisted when on his arrival he had been summoned before the High Sheriff and I had repeated my charges.

"Satisfaction, he would blow your brains away before you knew which way to turn," the High Sheriff averred, "No admit it you buffoon you conducted a sloppy trial, condemned the wrong party and now you have either to put the matter right or your successor shall."

"Ha, you have not the power!" Wibblethwaite insisted.

"I think your charter part seventeen covers that my lord," I volunteered.

"Indeed," the High Sheriff agreed, "Shall you summon the parties again or shall I appoint a fresh Judge."

"What," Wibblethwaite demanded, "New Judge, Pah!" he almost choked, "And where would you find such?"

I felt all eyes looking at me, "Oh wait a moment!" I exclaimed, "I am set on a life of idleness."

"Reading law books," my father averred, "I'll wager, 'tis your duty my son."

"Then I shall re call the parties." the Judge answered in bad grace, "But Raiment will be near half way to the Antipodes by this juncture!"

"No matter," my father interjected, "Set the date and if he is late hold him in contempt and send him back again."

We stared at father, unsure if he had a moment of brilliance or if his brain had addled with the pressure of his unexpended seed.

Such remained undiscovered, as the high Sheriff's man brought word of a visitor, "A lady sir and her maid, they bring medication for his grace."

Father looked perplexed, "You came without your medication father," I explained as I guessed what was afoot, "Twice before breakfast, once at,"

"Medication!" father agreed, "Yes indeed, may I borrow a room?" but he was to be disappointed.

Mother indeed awaited him with Holly but if he thought to exercise his prong with a long gallop through her privateness then he was to be disappointed for, as he bemoaned later mother merely arranged for Holly to relieve the matter as a milkmaid milks a cow, as much to poor Holly's disappointment and indeed my father at first refused absolutely until mother offered him her own teat upon which to suck, but in any case the matter was dealt with in commendable promptness, and my fathers fears that thereby he should be rendered blind have thus far proved to lack veracity.

It was a relieved if bad humoured Earl that rejoined us and the matter was set for the Thursday of the week to follow.

"You really ought to sit an examination on the Law and become my deputy," the High Sheriff suggested, "I rather prefer the ceremonial to the tedium and you it seems thrive on tedia so a fruitful partnership ours could be."he added.

"And who should perform such an examination?" I asked.

"Why I should of course!" he said with a laugh and then we were gone.

We were home for Dinner and ate in good humour, until Mother mentioned that whilst she attended us at the the castle so she had left Clarissa in Gatesby with a maid to arrange for some more suitable clothing to be made.

"All trussed up like a Turkey," my father averred, "You will need a sharp dagger John, cut the lacings and bare the wench." Mother blushed red, "You remember mother?" my father asked fondly.

"Oh indeed, other men wooed me with sweet phrases and talk of love," Mother recalled, "This great ox simply took his dagger into father's maze and when we were lost he kissed me and when I was lost in passion simply ran it down my back scattering lacings and tearing cloth and he bared me and took my virtue saying 'Now you must wed me!"

"Shouldn't have been so damned pretty," he said by way of an excuse.

Gatesby came alive on the Thursday, Lord and Lady Oakes attended, and Catherine and Lilla and the High Sheriff, and everyone of consequence.

Poor Judge Wibblethwaite, he knew not the procedure, having been so lax and omnipotent for so long, but he muddled through in his muddlesome manner, prompted at every twist and turn by the High Sheriff.

"Ah," the Judge announced with unaccustomed humility, "A slight administrative matter has arisen, and I am indebted to Lord Farmingham for drawing it to my attention, but it seems the sentence upon Camilla Oakes, now Lady Farmingham, was not in accordance with letter of the regulation, so today we must hear the matter again"

He paused, "Who acts for the defence," he asked.

"I do!" I said forcefully.

"And the crown?" he asked.

"I do!" I saw Lord Oakes friend Mr Brabbinger rise, "Brabbinger sir, Brabbinger and Brabbinger commissioners for oaths."

"Then what say you Lady Farmingham, guilty or not guilty."

"Not guilty!" Camilla said stridently.

"Then proceed!" the Judge insisted.

The matter proceeded, "Miss Lilla Oakes, did you see the defendant in flagrante?" Mr Brabbinger asked.

"Ah, no, for the door prevented it but Mama said." Lilla admitted.

Then I questioned her, "Do you know the penalty for perjury, that is being untruthful upon oath is eternal damnation, and can also involve an earthly deportation to the Antipodes."

"No," she said, "No mother said none should know."

"Silence you fool!" Lady Oakes exclaimed.

"Mother told us what to say, and she paid Raiment ten shillings." Lilla continued compounding her guilt.

The matter proceeded, until in finality the Judge summed up, "In the matter of Miss Oakes, Lady Farmingham, there is no case to answer, you are dismissed, you leave with no stain upon your character, and some would say you have done rather well for yourself, ensnaring the son of an Earl thereby," he paused, "Which leads on to the matter of perjury, I am right in assuming that Lady Oakes does not wish to deny further her instigation of this sorry matter?"

"Ah no my lord!" Brabbinger agreed.

"But I do!" Lady Oakes insisted.

"Sit down you bloody fool before they have thee transported!" Lord Oakes said, "No hang it get transported, in a hold with a hundred lusty ne'er do wells."

"Then in a spirit of justice I order a period of incarceration in Gatesby Jail of one year," the Judge ordered, "With the option of a year serving my Lord Farmingham or indeed Earl Norchester in a menial capacity for a similar period." he said, "For the daughters, and for the mother Lady Oakes, I am afraid there is, in addition, the matter of one hundred lashes."

My father leapt to his feet with almost indecent haste, "If it pleases your lordship, In shall gladly welcome the ladies into my house and administer the chastisement."

"No, 'was done publicly to Lady Farmingham so it is fitting that it be done similarly," the Judge declaimed, "But I am a reasonable man, so if she shall suffer distress the residue shall be administered in privacy," and then he had a thought, "But for each stroke missed that number shall be administered weekly."

"No!" Lady Oakes cried,

"Silence!" the Judge railed, "You have brought your name and indeed mine into disrepute, I should have you deported but that you might revel in the depravity," he warned, "Now the warmth of your daughter's household or the cool of the jail cell, 'tis your choice."

"Ah!" Lady Oakes railed, "My daughter," she meant to say Camilla was no such person but the Judge took it as her decision and said.

"Then it is settled, Saturday before the Hanging." the Judge said, I hadn't the heart to say it but the poachers had not even been tried yet and he had already arranged a time for their hanging.

The usher went for the Oakes', both the Lady and the daughters, and then Lord Oakes sought Camilla, "My sweet will you ever forgive me?" he asked.

"No!" she said, "You believed that scheming harridan over me, it is unforgivable, but a kindness you may do."

"Anything!" he said.

"My Governess, Miss Daley," Cammilla insisted, "You should engage her as housekeeper," she added, "She toils as seamstress now and resides in poverty."

"And if I do?" he asked.

"Then we shall visit and receive you." Camilla agreed.

"But people will think we are living in sin!" Lord Oakes exclaimed.

"Indeed," my father agreed, "I should if it were I." on which note we whisked him away.

The poachers were indeed sentenced to hang, as poachers invariably are, and so after a brief period of incarceration in a sumptuously appointed cell at the castle, paid for, I later learned by my father, there came the hanging day and Lady Oakes was duly brought to the market square for her chastisement.

The stage for the gallows was again set up but the now the gallows themselves were there towering over the proceedings, the two nooses symbolic of the power of law. and as I sat with father and mother and my dear Camilla in the seats set aside for those of the first rank so was Lady Oakes removed from the prison cart, a cart with a cage in which prisoners were transported and was manhandled to the stage where Mister Gibbons the gargantuan weather beaten hangman Wibblethwaite always employed was waiting menacingly, a sly grin on his grizzled face as if he relished his task.

Gibbons grasped Lady Oakes with his muscled arms and he just ripped away her gown and and her under things before he cut the cords of her corset and let her ample belly expand the instant it were freed from constriction and wasting no time on fripperies he bared her brutally and entirely,so brutally that Camilla realised that he had shown her some regard in his treatment of her as he freed Lady Oakes breasts and twisted her teats brutally so they stiffened instantly.

The throng gasped at his boldness or her humilliation and in an instant was she bared entirely and shown as being as plump and unwholesome as any serving wench that might seek employ as sweeper out of ale house or brothel, and then clasping his great whip in his huge hand he brought it down across her back in a diagonal line from shoulder to buttock with such force that she fell to the floor instantly, "You make a fool of my master at your peril!" he quipped.

Gibbons waited for Lady Oakes to stand and when she did not he ordered his underlings that disreputable pair Firkin and Hallows, forward and they each took hold of one of Camilla's arms and dragged her up again. and Gibbons again arced the mighty whip that evil device somewhere between the cat o' nine tails and horse whip, down upon Lady Oakes' pasty bloated flesh.

"Some haste please Mr Gibbons," I heard Judge Wibblethwaite order, and as I looked across I saw him there, presiding at the edge of the stage, "Get on with it, man!" he insisted impatiently but his underlings were now turning Lady Oakes that all might see the dark fur cover of her private parts and view her loins and mounds and buttocks, as naked and pink and quivering with fear she shook now in utter humilliation.

So weakened by idleness was she that she collapsed at every stroke of the whip, Gibbons slackened his assault noticeably in deference to her frailty until Judge Wibblethwaite ordered, "Go to it man, blood man, draw blood I say." and then, "No discount that one that was but a tap," he insisted, "Thirty nine!"

For me, I own time near stood still as I remembered the way the wicked leathered straps of the whip had savaged poor Camilla but her flesh yielded instantly and swiftly regained its former shape with the faintest blued tinge of bruising so Lady Oakes euither showed a livid red groove which remained or else cut deeply with much letting of blood.

"Gibbons, sixty will suffice," The Judge shouted at length as a desire to have the poachers hung in good time for luncheon rather than compassion swayed his judgement, "Forty nine!" he added. Gibbons now glistened with sweat and besplattered with blood as were his assistants he rose to complete his task.

"For pities sake!" Lord Oakes cried but his cry was now lost among his wife's own screams and the hubbub of cheers and jeers from the throng who thus expressed their joy.

"For pities sake," he cried, but the entreaty was drowned among a host of chants, "Fifty!" someone chanted, I joined immediately as did Camilla and the hubbub grew, "Fifty One, Fifty Two, Fifty Three," They chanted and in a crescendo, "Fifty Eight, Fifty Nine, Sixty."

Gibbons took his whip and bowed to the throng, and then his assistants Firkin and Hallows held Lady Oakes and they bowed and holding her in her nakedness they made her curtsy to the throng in turn and then, was Lady Oakes laid aside and attention turned to the poor wretches ready to be hung.

"Mama, Mama!" the silly daughters simpered over the naked prone form of their mother until my father sent Dawson to fetch them and he tenderly carried Lady Oakes from the Gallows stage and placed her in fathers open carriage where still naked but now accompanied by her daughters she was taken to Gatesby Hall, but round the circuitous route through Barrowby where the monthly market would have been in full swing, to increase Lady Oakes discomfiture to the utmost.

By this stratagem were we able to watch Lady Oakes depart and indeed receive her at Gatesby Hall, in preparation for the next stage of her humilliation.

But what of Lord Oakes he was shaken to his core by events, and with his wife revealed to all as a liar and displayed to all in nakedness as she was whipped publicly and his step daughters also swept away to servitude he suffered the most sudden and grievous solitude and as my father suggested sought solace with Miss Daley my dear wife's former governess, such solace as produces babies, a son no less, in due course but while this is rushing ahead to an excessive degree in this chronology it will answer why Lord Oakes was essentially absent from his wife and step daughters tribulations.

But what of Lady Oakes, it was frightening in the extreme to see the hatred of the woman and her daughters that sweet Camilla displayed, indeed she shouted "You there, don't assist the hag kick her and whip her to speed her on her way!" as Dawson supported her as he brought her through the back door to the Hall.

"Oh Camilla what a wonderful house you have here!" the stupid step sisters tittered.

"So husband which is the prettier?" Camilla asked.

"Why you dearest!" I agreed.

"Of those two Mr Idiot!" she said.

"Oh neither, or both what care I?" I replied.

"So you care not which you prong the first?" she asked.

"But my sweetness!" I exclaimed.

"They put me through the agony of your insertions and such shall they endure!" she said, "And when they have endured and become enamoured of your attentions then they shall be denied them."

"But my love I desire none but your sweet softness," I told her.

"But you will my love, for me?" she asked, "And brutally with no consideration what ever." she insisted.

To be continued...

12