Lost and Found

Story Info
A love long thought lost has been found.
13.3k words
4.39
26.2k
22
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 08/02/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright 2009 by madengineer3

This story is pure fiction. Any similarities in names and places are purely coincidental. The story starts in the late 1950s. To quote MrRobbur: "No words were harmed in the writing of this story."

For me, high school was a very bad experience. I wasn't rich, wasn't an athlete, was a bit on the heavy side, and wasn't the sharpest kid in the class. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't fat or stupid. I had started in this high school at the beginning of my sophomore year. The school was Trumanstown Central School. I just didn't seem to fit in.

There was one girl, Yvonne Noire, who really got my attention. It was my first day in this new school, and this event is burned into my memory. It happened in homeroom. Yvonne came back and sat down on my lap with her big boobs almost up against me and said "Hi there, I'm Yvonne, welcome to the school." My face must have been beet red. Yvonne, to use the old expression, was well stacked. She had almost the largest breasts in the school. The only larger pair were on her friend we all called "bullets" or "chesty" behind her back. Anyway, when she sat on my lap the entire room burst into derisive laughter. It was wonderful and awful at the same time.

Yvonne was popular, but not for the right reasons. She had a reputation for being "easy". But, like most things high school guys say about girls, there was no way of knowing if that was a fact or not. In any case, the other girls weren't friendly towards her. I guess that they didn't want to pick up a reputation as "easy" just by being in her company.

For the next several years I had wet dreams about Yvonne and her beautiful breasts. Then we graduated.

During my time at Trumantown Central I had been snubbed by almost every girl I ever got up the courage to ask out. Being a sort of loner to begin with I had been turned down by every girl I asked to go out on a date. I, however, never got up the nerve to ask Yvonne for a date. I turned to study, soft-core porn, and my good right hand, as my companionship.

I went to a good university to earn a degree in physics with a minor in mathematics. It was a hard path, but it was worth it. By the time I finally left school I had a Ph.D. in Physics and a teaching job in a small four year college in Trumanstown. I had also developed a couple of ideas and patented them. Those patents turned out to be worth money! I wasn't poor by any reasonable definition.

My first task, upon returning to Trumanstown was to move into my parents old farm house. My parents had died while I was finishing off my Ph.D.. With no siblings, or other living relatives, I heard about their death from our family's lawyer. I hate to admit it, but I was so intent on getting finished with my degree program that I had become somewhat of a hermit. Even calls to my parents were few and far between. (This is a bit of a cautionary tale. You can become so involved with the critical that you ignore the important!) I moved my possessions into the house, made some much needed improvements, and found a church to attend. My faith is a bit complicated. I don't truly fit into any specific denomination; so I joined the Trumantown Congregational Church. It was sort of non-denominational eclectic sort of group. It seemed like a reasonable place to belong.

I had taught at the college for about ten years. Our church had an outreach to the college and community. Our meeting place was a small house the church had purchased just outside town. We selected a place outside the city limits but at a reasonable walking distance from the school. The intent was to avoid the draconian liberal zoning ordinances the town had adopted. You all but needed a permit to have a neighbor in for coffee.

In our little meeting place there was usually free coffee, punch, and sometimes even cookies. Always present was a real believing Christian who could listen to problems and offer at least a shoulder to cry on. Sometimes we could also provide practical help as well.

Trumantown's main church, Calvin Fundamental Church, was a super critical literalist group of self righteous people. Regardless of their church's name I don't call them fundamentalists because they didn't truly believe in the fundamental teachings of the New Testament. They had found a "New Legalism" that ignored the command that we love one an other. Most of the town's officials, business people, and "upper crust" attended that church.

This story truly starts in mid December. It was the last day of school before Christmas break. Yes, I know it is no longer acceptable (in some circles) to call it Christmas break. In my view it should be Hanukkah/Christmas break, but that's just my opinion. Anyway, it was my turn to serve at the outreach center. At just about the closing time for the center one of my students came in with tears in her eyes.

"Professor Mohr, can I talk to you about a really critical personal problem? "

"Of course you can, Jane. That's why I'm here. "

"I'm worried about my mom."

"O.K. why are you worried about her?

" I accepted the invitation from my boyfriend to visit his parents over the Christmas vacation. I think he's going to ask me to marry him. That will leave my mother all alone. I'm the only family she has."

"So, you're worried that she'll be lonely without you there? "

"No, I attend the college on a full scholarship. I couldn't afford even a two year school without financial aid. My mother could normally handle being alone, but not this Christmas. "

"Why? "

"She's being evicted from her apartment and has nowhere to go. The landlord upped her rent and she can't pay it. On top of that she recently broke her right arm and her left wrist has been pretty badly banged up. The doctor put a funny wrist thing on that wrist and she is pretty helpless at the moment. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose the chance to get engaged to my boyfriend, but I can't leave my mother in this situation."

"I see your problem. Is there another place she could rent? "

"No, we've already looked into that. She doesn't have a car because it's too expensive to keep one. No other apartments are available for her. She's a single mother and most of the apartment places are owned by people that go to Calvin Fundamental. They, off the record of course, won't rent to what they call 'a loose woman'. I only learned of the eviction in the last half hour. On top of all this, I'm supposed to leave with my boyfriend in an hour and a half."

At this, she started sobbing again. I was in a quandary. How could I help this girl, and her mother? Then it dawned on me, I have a large house with more than one bedroom.

"Jane, I have a possible solution for this. It's only a temporary solution, but it would work, if...... " And I couldn't complete what I was going to say. I'm still very shy.

"If what? "

"Please don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting anything inappropriate. Please don't think of my suggestion as being lecherous. I have a large house with four bedrooms. I'm the only person who lives there. I would be willing to let your mom use one of my spare bedrooms and be my guest over the Christmas break. Do you think she would consider that? "

Jane got up, hugged me, and kissed me on the cheek. "Yes! Thank you, I'm going to go talk to her now. How will she move her stuff out there, if she is willing to go to your place? "

"I've got my pickup truck in the parking lot. I'll give you a lift to your mom's place. Then you can go in and ask her if she will consider my offer."

"When can we go? "

"Right now, it was closing time for this place ten minutes ago. Let me empty out the coffee and punch, turn off the lights, and I will be ready. "

I pored the coffee into one container, and the punch into another and put the containers in a bag to take home. Minutes later we were in my truck heading toward Jane's mother's place.

When we got there, I could see that the building was in a sad state of repair. I stayed in the truck while Jane went inside. It was about ten minutes later that she came out with a very strange look on her face.

"My mother said yes, at first. Then she asked me what your name is. When I told her your name was Professor Jeff Mohr she was visibly shaken. She asked me what you look like and I told her. She said that I should come out to tell you about her and see if you still want to have her as a guest. "

"What's your mom's name? "

"Yvonne Noire. "

It was my turn to almost turn white.

Jane noticed it right away. "What's wrong, professor? "

"I knew your mom in high school. I had an incredible crush on her but was always afraid to approach her and let her know. . . . I've never gotten over that crush. You can tell her that the invitation still stands. If she wants a place to stay over the Christmas vacation, she can come to my place. "

Jane ran back into the house and when she came back out she was carrying a large box.

"She said yes, I'm going to move her stuff out to the truck. She can't do much with that cast."

I got out of the truck and said that I'd help her. It took us less than ten minutes to move Yvonne's stuff to my truck. During this time, I had a chance to look Yvonne over for the first time since I graduated from high school. She still looked good to me. There were a few extra pounds but, she wasn't at all hard to look at.

We cozily fit into my truck. I handed Jane a piece of paper with my home phone number and email address just before dropping her at her dorm room. Her boy friend was already waiting for her. Within five minutes she had said good by to her mother, loaded her stuff in her boyfriend's car, and left.

"It's been a long time Yvonne. I've got a nice guest room for you. It has a good lock on the inside of the door so that you will feel safe. I hope you can put up with my cooking. "

"Jeff, you will never know how much this means to me. I was at my wits end and Jane said that one of her professors might be able to help. I had no idea it was you. "

Fifteen minutes later we reached my place. A bad ice storm had been predicted, and the freezing rain had just started. I pulled the truck into the attached garage and asked Yvonne which boxes she needed that night. She told me, and I brought them as I led her into the house.

Now, my house isn't a mansion but it is very nice. I led Yvonne to the guest room. Pointing to a door on the left I said, This room has its own bathroom through that door. I'm going to cook supper. Are you hungry? "

"Yes, I could eat a horse. "

I chuckled and said, "I can't offer you horse meat, will beef do? "

For the first time that evening I saw her smile.

"Do you prefer coffee, milk, tea, or water with your meal?"

She selected tea. I went into the kitchen put away the coffee and punch from the meeting house, and started to prepare a nice supper. I was listening to the sleet against the windows. We had arrived home just in time. I had all the makings for a Caesar salad and I cooked up a couple of nice T-bone stakes. I had fresh baguette bread in the oven. (Frozen bread is so nice when you need bread in a hurry!) I also brewed a fresh pot of Constant Comment tea.

As things were all coming together Yvonne walked into the kitchen.

"I followed the delicious smell! "

As I looked at her in better lighting I could see that she had some significant bruising around her face and on the one upper arm I could see. I tried not to stare at her.

I said, "Let me get your chair. " as I pulled out the chair from one end of the table. After helping her move the chair in toward the table I set about bringing the meat over to the plates and the bread from the oven wrapped in a towel and on a breadboard. I then sat down at the opposite end of the table.

I said "Let me return thanks. " I bowed my head and prayed my usual pre meal prayer. "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for the good things you have provided us. We thank you for food, shelter, friends, and your forgiveness. We ask for wisdom for our president, protection for our troops and all those in danger, and strength to do what is pleasing to you. In our Lord Jesus' Name, Amen. "

As I looked up I saw that Yvonne was looking at me in a quizzical way.

"Is there a problem? "

"I don't know Jeff. The only Christians I have met are all about judging the people they consider beneath them and making rules that nobody can follow. When you prayed, you sounded like you were talking to someone who cared, and with whom you were familiar. It just surprised me, that's all. "

"Yvonne, please don't judge Christians (with a capital C) as being the same as those who simply use the name christian but don't yet understand what it is all about. Real Christianity is about God having forgiven us for all the bad we have ever done, and will ever do. It is also about sharing the good news that we can be free from the things that keep us from being the people He wants us to be. And the best part is that we don't need to do anything for this forgiveness. He has provided it to us, already paid for by our Lord Himself."

"But, don't you have lots of rules to follow? "

"No! There are some very general principles that are important, but each of us works out our life in the light of those principles. My job is not to judge anyone. That's God's job. My job is to try to make life better for the people around me."

Yvonne just sat there, obviously thinking.

Yvonne asked me to cut her steak up into mouth sized pieces. With the broken arm and the bad wrist she could use her left arm to work a fork and tea cup, but couldn't cut the meat. We didn't talk much during dinner. As we finished eating, I put the dishes on the counter and started to wash them. I could hear the sleet still hitting the window. I turned on the outside yard light and saw that there had to be the better part of an eighth of an inch of ice on the window.

"Nobody is going out in this weather tonight. That ice looks bad. Don't worry though, if we lose power I have a backup generator so that we will have power."

"I've never seen a man washing the dishes before. When did you first start washing them yourself as opposed to using paper plates and plastic utensils? "

"When I was growing up my father always did the dishes after supper. Either he would wash and I would dry or I would wash and he would dry. He said that with all the things my mother had to do around the house that it was the least he could do. "

Yvonne continued to sit there with a strange look on her face.

As I finished the dishes I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie, listen to music, read a book, or whatever.

"Actually, I'd like to talk, if you don't mind. "

"Go for it! But, let's first go into the living room where it is more comfortable. "

I led her into my living room and showed her to a comfortable reclining chair. I took the other chair.

"If you don't mind my curiosity, how did you break your arm? From the looks of the cast, and that cutout where I can see some stitches it was some break. "

"I'd rather not go into that right now. It's a painful subject. "

"O.K. What topic do you want to talk about? "

"When Jane came in and told me that one of her professors had offered to help us with our problem I asked her your name. Her answer almost knocked me off my feet. I told her that you were in school with me and were very shy. I sent her out to let you know who I was and was wondering if you would retract the offer since it was me. When she came back in she told me something you had said. She said that you had fallen for me in high school. Is that true? "

"For what it is worth, I try to never lie. Yes that is very true. I've never gotten over that crush. However, I have always pushed it into the back of my mind. You don't have anything to fear, I was raised to be a gentleman and that is what I will try to be. You are, as a lady, safe in this house. "

Yvonne had an almost dazed look on her face. "Do you know anything about my reputation around town? "

"Should I? "

"Well, it isn't all that flattering. Most polite people would call me a woman but not a lady. "

"I don't listen to gossip. In the Scriptures gossip is listed next to murder as a sin. The only one who can truly judge must see inside the heart, not just with the external human view."

Suddenly, Yvonne's face became pale. She almost seemed to be in shock.

"Are you O.K.? "

"It just realized something. I'm in a dreadful predicament. "

"What's wrong? Is there something I can do to help? "

"I don't know how to even tell you the problem. "

"I don't bite and I try not to judge people. How can I help? "

She looked at me for a few moments. She had tears in her eyes and she was shaking. I could see her fighting to try to tell me the problem.

"Jeff, I don't even know how to tell you about the problem. I have some bad bruises on my back and upper legs. The doctor told me to take a hot bath at least once a day to help soothe the muscles. Jane has been helping me with that for a week now. She has also had to help me dress, undress, and use the toilet. I can't bend my wrist enough to even wipe myself. Oh, what am I going to do "

My face must have been red. I embarrass relatively easily. I sat there silently for several moments.

"Yvonne: logically, I can only see one solution to the problem, but the solution would be highly embarrassing to both of us. "

With a look of wonder on her face she asked "you mean that you would be willing to do that for me? I know how shy you were, and I assume you still are. Can you handle the job of washing me, helping me with my clothes, and helping me on the toilet? "

I was silent for what seemed to be minutes, but must have only been a few seconds. "If you are willing for me to do this, I will. If you want me to wear a blindfold at the same time, I'll do that if it will help you maintain your dignity. "

"Jeff, you are much more of a man than any I have met before. A lot of guys would jump at the chance to help themselves while trying to 'help me'. You won't need a blindfold. I lost a lot of my self consciousness many years ago."

"O.K. I'll do it. I must warn you that you may find me staring at you. I have always thought you were exceedingly sexy, and the thought of seeing you nude will put my willpower to the ultimate test. However, I promise I will treat you as a lady. I will only do what you direct me to do. I will not take advantage of you."

Yvonne had tears in her eyes.

"Did I say something wrong? "

"No, Jeff, you said many things right! I've always known that you were special. I just had no idea how special you really are. "

"Let's just play this by ear. I will pretend that it's sort of a 'Simon Says' game. You tell me what to do, and how to do it and I will try to comply with it to the letter. Is that fair? "

"That's fair! "

"What now? "

"Jeff, tell me about your life after high school. "

"You realize that it will be boring enough to put you to sleep, right? "

"Let me decide that. Just tell me what you have done and sort of who you have become."

I spent the next twenty minutes giving her a thumbnail sketch of my last eighteen years. She didn't fall asleep.

"I hate to say it, but I need to go to the bathroom and then I need a hot soak in a tub. Are you ready to help me? "

"Yes, but please don't let my erection embarrass you. I'll be embarrassed enough for both of us. "

She chuckled at that.

We moved into her room and I went to start to warm up the bathroom. I had infra-red heat lamps in the ceiling. Then I went out to help her as she saw fit.

Yvonne was sitting on the side of the bed.

"Please take off my shoes for me. "

I did.

"O.K. Now, please undo the buttons of my blouse ."

My hands were visibly trembling at this point. Yvonne looked at me with a quizzical look.