Louise Ch. 06

Story Info
The sisters talk, the revelations begin.
11.1k words
4.79
27.7k
23

Part 6 of the 16 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 05/06/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,662 Followers

Nathan didn't move except for to envelope her hand in his. It hadn't occurred to him that the breakthrough would happen while Louise was asleep but it was still a breakthrough and he would take it no matter how it came. He wondered how she would react in the morning when she woke up and found him in bed with her even though he was fully dressed. For a brief second he though about slipping away before she woke up but decided to stay where he was. It was time to stop coddling her so much and to begin treating her for what she was, a beautiful woman that he intended to spend an eternity with.

Slowly so he wouldn't wake her, Nathan moved closer to her on the bed stopping when she muttered something in her sleep, moving again when she quieted. Several minutes later, he was next to her, his leg touching hers, her hand still in his. As she slept, he began to plan how he was going to tell her about his family and then decided that he needed some guidance. Out of respect and love, he decided that he would talk to his father first and then Patrick. He knew that in the end it would be up to him to decide how he told her. First, the issue of that damned Barb had to be settled and then he would have her undivided attention.

It seemed as though he had just closed his eyes when he heard a startled gasp and then felt Louise fly off the bed.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Resting." Nathan replied not moving.

"How long have you been here?"

"Since we got back, it's early yet, come back to bed." Nathan urged.

"Ummm no thanks and I think that you should leave." Louise replied,

Nathan started to push a little but thought better of it. He wanted to talk to his father and uncle first. He got out of the bed, walked over to Louise, bent down, kissed her lightly on the lips, and left the room before she could react.

Louise stood speechless. Her heart pounded as she watched Nathan walk out of her room. Part of her had really wanted him to leave but part of her didn't. She thought about calling Kevyn, picked up the phone to do it but lay it back in its cradle. It was time for her to start accepting a few facts no matter how far fetched they seemed. The biggest fact was that Nathan Sinclaire cared about her. It didn't matter that she wasn't fashion model beautiful; he cared. The second fact was that she liked him too... actually, she more than liked him and that was why she had gotten so angry with Barb.

"So what now?" she asked herself as she sat down on the bed.

*******

Nathan went into the room that adjoined Louise's suite and lay on the bed. It would be another few hours before Patrick surfaced but he knew that his father was up. He took out his phone and hit speed dial.

"How's it going dad? Really? But mom is alright? Good...do you have a minute?"

By time the conversation was over, Nathan's cell phone battery was nearly dead but he had a new appreciation about how difficult it had to have been for his parents. However, it was the end of the conversation that concerned him. His parents were concerned about his younger brother Joseph. While never a big talker, he had become even more withdrawn since Patrick found Kevyn and now Louise was in the picture. When asked what was bothering him, he gave the same one word answer, "nothing." Nathan promised that he would talk with him to see if he could figure out what the problem was although he thought he already knew- the damned Sinclaire legacy. He would call him later but he had to deal with Louise first.

He found Patrick an hour later in the small movie theater in the basement. He was setting up the concession stand in anticipation of spending the evening watching the sports channel with Kevyn.

"You and Lou can join us if you like." Patrick said.

"I'll ask her... Uncle Patrick, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure... shoot."

"How did Kevyn react when you told her about us?" he asked.

Patrick sat down and indicated that Nathan should as well.

"It's something that I never want to go through again although I know that I'll have to if and when we have children. She was angry, hurt and I think for just a little while scared of me even though she wouldn't admit it. Her going back to Pennsylvania was an attempt to distance herself from me although in the end it was a good thing that she went. It took a lot of talking and I won't lie to you, we're still working our way through it. You're going to tell Lou about us aren't you?" Patrick asked.

"Yes but I wanted to talk to you and dad first." Nathan replied. "No offense, but I'm glad that I can at least tell her that I've never raped anyone."

"None taken but you may want to wait for a few days. Kev is planning to meet with Barb and Louise at her old apartment. They need to hash out whatever the root of the problem is between them. I doubt that it will change Barb but it may change their relationship.

"I was thinking about that." Nathan said, "Not about their meeting but about waiting until the issue with Barb being settled. Do you mind if I stay here? I want Louise to get used to having me around."

"I was wondering when you would think of it." Patrick replied, "But the answer is of course you can stay as long as you need and want to, you didn't have to ask."

"Thanks... when is this meeting with Barb going to happen?" Nathan asked anxious for it to be done and over with.

"Tomorrow I think but Kevyn hasn't talked to Lou about it yet." Patrick replied. "Be prepared, they could be gone for a couple of days."

"Actually, that's good." Nathan said, "It'll give me some time to think of how to tell Louise the ugly Sinclaire truth."

"I understand but Nathan, don't think about it too hard." Patrick advised. The important thing is that she knows that you love her and that you will do anything to ensure that she is happy and safe. And one more thing, don't try to justify what we are and what we've done. For one, there is no justification for it and two, it won't help."

"That's the same advice dad gave me." Nathan said. "And her being away will give me a chance more work done on the house that I'm building for her."

"Sounds good... the games start in about an hour if you want to come down."

"Thanks." Nathan said realizing that there was so much he didn't know about his mate.

*******

Barb fumed for the rest of the night into the early morning hours not answering her phone when it rang. Every time she thought about what she considered an intervention, she got angry. "Just who in the hell do they think they are?" she asked the air "Miss high and mighty and Miss mousy" she grumbled. She had no intentions of meeting with the; she had nothing to say. As soon as she got the paper, she would start looking for a job and a place to live and that would be that.

The phone rang again and this time she snatched it out of the cradle.

"What?" she snapped.

"I was calling to see if you needed assistance with anything." Hans replied ignoring the harsh tone,

"No." Barb said, hung up and remembered that she wanted the paper.

Someone else answered when she called back.

"Yes ma'am?"

"I want a paper with my breakfast and this time don't overcook the eggs!" Barb said and hung up not giving the person on the other end a chance to respond. Breakfast was delivered a short time later delivered by none other than the woman that she had yelled at the day before.

"Where would you like your break..."

"How many days have I been here?" Barb interrupted, "and you ask the same question! Over there by the window!" she said in a very impatient tone.

"Nadine, please excuse us." Hans said softly as he stepped into the room. When Nadine passed him, he touched her arm and murmured something to her. After she was gone, he turned his attention to Barb. For several minutes, they stared at each other neither one of them speaking.

The longer Hans looked at her, the less he liked her. He could feel her disdain for him and anyone else that she felt was beneath her. In her mind, he and others were meant to serve her. Barb's thinking reminded him of the vampires of old who felt that the only use for humans was for servitude and food. Barb, he thought, would have fit right in. He also decided that he wasn't going to claim her, at least not as she was now but that didn't mean that he couldn't and wouldn't hold her responsible for the way that she treated his staff.

"That didn't sound like an apology to me." he said quietly breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Apologize? What for?" Barb asked.

"Have you even been told how beautiful you are?" Hans asked changing the subject.

"Yes, so?"

"Have you also been told how incredibly ugly you are?" he asked.

Barb's mouth dropped open in shock.

"It's true," Hans said, "You are a very beautiful woman on the outside but the inside is so ugly that it ruins what is on the outside. I don't know what happened or didn't happen to you to make you this way but I'm going to warn you once more. If you so much as raise your voice or mistreat another one of my staff, you will be escorted out of the hotel. And before you bring up Patrick Sinclaire, he is well aware of the situation and I have his support."

"You're lying." Barb said.

"Am I?" Hans asked, "Mistreat another one of my people and we'll find out. Enjoy your meal."

He walked out without saying another word leaving Barb speechless. When she recovered, she called Kevyn and made a few demands.

"I want him fired!"

"Barb, calm down and tell me what happened." Kevyn said although she already had some idea. She listened as Barb ran down the list of offenses committed by the hotel staff against her and then began to address them.

"So let me get this straight," she said, "You didn't call the woman who was nice enough to leave her home early to do you a favor a stupid, incompetent bitch?"

"Yes but..."

"And you didn't tell Ollie who's been nice enough to take you wherever you wanted to go that his car was a piece of shit?"

"Yes but..."

"And you didn't try to get an extra spa treatment and use Patrick's name to threaten the staff when they told you no? You know what this sounds like to me? It sounds like you owe a few apologies." Kevyn said.

"They are supposed to meet my needs!" Barb snapped.

"Yes but within reason." Kevyn replied, "and they aren't there to be your whipping staff which leads me to why I'm glad that you called. Ollie will be at your door at four, be ready and you might want to pack a bag."

"Why? Where are we going?" Barb asked.

"He's bringing you to my apartment. You said that you wanted to spend time with your sisters so here's your opportunity and Barb? No isn't an option, I'll see you later."

The line was dead before Barb could reply. She had had enough of people getting in her face and it was time for it to end. She picked up the phone and dialed Hans' direct line.

"I don't know who in the hell you think you are talking to me like you just did! I am soon to be the sister in law to Patrick Sinclaire and it would do you well to remember that! I want an apology and I want it now!"

"Have you apologized to any of the staff yet?" Hans asked.

"No and I'm not going to!" Barb replied.

"Then there will be no apology made to you. In fact, there wouldn't have been an apology anyway. I don't apologize for speaking the truth as I see and know it."

This time, Barb hung up on Hans. The more she thought about Kevyn's order, the angrier she got and decided that she wasn't going. She wracked her brain trying to remember the name of Jonesy's restaurant and finally got online searching until she found it.

She called the number and listened to it ring several times before it was answered.

"Jonesy here!" a chipper voice said.

"Hello! This is Barb Simpson. I don't know if you remember me from the other night... I was with Patrick Sinclaire?"

"Yes, I remember." Jonesy said his tone considerably cooler, "what can I do for you?"

Barb ignored his cool tone and told him what she wanted.

"I thought that maybe we could go out for drinks tonight if you aren't busy."

"I'm not busy but here's the thing." Jonesy said, his voice even cooler, "I don't like being the back up plan and you've made it very obvious that you had no interest in me when my card was found ripped up in the trash. I saw the way that you were snuggled up to Nathan Sinclaire even though it was obvious where his interest lies. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what your game is... have a nice rest of your vacation."

Barb hung up hurt and angry at the way that she had been shut down. No man had ever been able to resist her even if they knew what her primary agenda was and hadn't cared and here was a rare animal that did. If she knew of another man to call or had a place to go, she would have made herself scarce. She could have taken a cab somewhere but didn't want to spend the money and asking one of the staff was out of the question.

She looked at the now cold breakfast and heated it in the microwave. When it was hot, she stared at it. The temptation to throw it away hit her but she didn't. She ate every bit of it and looked forward to the day that she wouldn't have to eat leftovers. After she finished, she left the cart where it was even though she could have pushed it out of the door. Angrily, she grabbed the smallest bag that she had and packed it. It seemed that she had no other choice then to spend time with her sisters.

*******

Hans sat in his office with his head in his hands. He didn't want the bitch who only thought of herself. He wondered if there was a way to convince the fates to change their minds and started by saying a simple prayer that included swearing not to ask for another mate if only they would take this one from him. Not knowing whether they heard him or nor, Hans repeated the prayer two more times and then set about his work for the evening.

********

Louise was ready to go by three. She was anxious to find out why Barb hated her so much and what she could do to fix it. She had already spoken to Nathan who had made it clear that they had issues of their own to discuss and no matter how hard she tried to get him to tell her, he would only say that she needed to deal with her family issues first.

"Keep your phone close." he told her, "I'll be calling to make sure that everything is alright."

Instead of feeling irked, Louise felt unsettled and cared for at the same time. She also admitted that she didn't want to leave but knew that he was right, she had to talk to Barb and then she could move forward. She jumped when she heard a tap on her door.

"Sweetheart, it's me."

Louise opened the door to Nathan and stepped outside the room. He hadn't been in her room since she woke up with him in her bed.

"Did you want something?" she asked.

"Do you want an honest answer to that question?" Nathan asked as he stepped even closer to her.

"I... we're getting ready to go." Louise replied dodging the question.

"I know," he said, "I just wanted to see you again before you left.... Louise know that you are cared for."

Louise heart hammered in her chest as Nathan took her face in his hands, bent down and kissed her. It wasn't the light touch of the lips that he had given her before; it was a real kiss that could be interpreted in only one way, as was his intention.

Louise, albeit shyly, returned the kiss much to Nathan's delight. He wished that she wasn't going; he was thoroughly enjoying the kiss and wondered how far she would let him go. His instincts told him that he wouldn't get far but it would have been fun to find out. He broke the kiss, hugged her and told her to hurry back.

Louise nodded and then realized that her arms were around Nathan's waist. She didn't remember putting them there but she must have. She felt lightheaded and held on tighter so that she wouldn't fall. She wanted to say something but she didn't know what.

"Lou! You ready?" Kevyn called up the stairs.

"Umm yeah, I'll be right there!" she called back suddenly not wanting to go.

"I'll be here when you get back." Nathan assured her. "Go and take care of business."

Louise went into her room and grabbed her overnight bag. Nathan took it from her and carried it down the stairs for her.

"Take care of her." Nathan said to Kevyn as he and Patrick walked them to the car.

"I promise." Kevyn replied and turned to Patrick. "No wild women and no parties while I'm gone." she teased.

"Damn!" Patrick teased and then turned serious. "Call me if you need anything and be careful."

A few minutes later, Louise and Kevyn were headed to Kevyn's old apartment that had been stocked with every kind of comfort food there was plus the ingredients for several meals. Kevyn looked over at Louise noticing that she was much quieter than usual.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Kev... how did you know that you were in love with Patrick?"

Kevyn thought about her answer and hoped that she wasn't crossing any boundaries.

"It took me awhile to admit it because I had pretty much decided that after Lonnie I didn't want to be with anyone else."

"What changed your mind?" Louise asked.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but the Sinclaire men are pretty persuasive when they want something. Lou, are you falling for Nathan?"

"I don't know what to call it." Louise replied.

"Ok... do you miss him?"

Louise hesitated, "Yeah but I haven't known him long enough to feel this way about him."

"The timing doesn't matter." Kevyn replied, "What matters is what you think. You are so good with the emotions of others because you've had to be and for the most part, you've put yourself on the back burner. Its time for you to start thinking about you. I can tell that Nathan cares about you and I think from what you're not saying that you care about him too. All I can say is what I've said before, trust your instincts as far as he's concerned."

"Kev? Why does Barb hate me? If I'm so good at other people's feelings, why didn't I sense it before?" Louise asked changing the subject.

"I don't know to both questions." Kevyn replied, "But maybe we'll find out tonight."

********

Barb stared out of the window as Ollie drove her to Kevyn's apartment. Hans' words kept resonating through her mind, "has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are...." and then the rest of it. "Fuck you." she thought as the car sped to wherever they were going. She had tried to get Ollie to take her somewhere else but he had flatly refused.

"My instructions are to take you to this address and nowhere else." Ollie replied.

No amount of cajoling and offers of money could change his mind and she didn't miss the relief in his voice when he told her that they were close. It seemed as though he sped up after making that announcement but Barb made no comment, she was as anxious to be out of the car as he was to have her out of it.

"There it is." Ollie said pointing at the building where Kevyn had lived before meeting Patrick.

"Here? She wants me to stay here?" Barb asked appalled.

"I don't know ma'am." Ollie replied not seeing what the problem was. It was obvious that it wasn't luxury living but the building and the surrounding areas were clean and well kept. He parked the car, got out and got Barb's bag out of the back seat before offering his hand to help her out. He blushed with embarrassment when Barb looked at his offered hand with disgust and got out on her own. Anger followed the embarrassment and before he realized what he was doing, he thrust her bag into her hands, got into the car and drove away. It was either that or hit her and he chose to leave.

As he drove away, he called Kevyn's number.

"She's in the parking lot." He said and hung up.

Barb paused, looked around and realized that she didn't know which apartment was Kevyn's. Ollie had taken of before he told her. The honking of a cart horn caught her attention. She turned to see Kevyn pulling into a parking spot driving a 2010 Hyundai. In a way, she was disappointed. She had fully expected her to show up in a BMW or a Porsche, a Hyundai was so ordinary.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,662 Followers