Love and Trust

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,277 Followers

"Where have you been? You didn't call and..." I cut her off.

"Rosemary, I'm working on a problem I can't seem to get my head around."

"Can I help? I know something I could get around your head." She laughed, I didn't.

"How was Friday night with your friends? What did you girls end up doing?" I was fishing and wanted to see what I was going to catch.

"We just stayed in with a few bottles of wine and shot the shit all night—you know—girl talk."

"So you didn't even go out?" I tried to give her one last shot at telling me the truth—she didn't take the bait.

"Nope, after a couple of hours none of us were in any condition to walk much less drive." I cut the conversation short, and when I hung up I really think Rosemary thought she'd put one over on me.

Over the next week her calls, text messages, and e-mails all went unanswered. "Where are you and why aren't you taking my calls?" she asked, a little frustrated I imagine. It came to its inevitable head when she was waiting for me outside of my accounting classroom.

"Steve, what's going on with you lately? I can't seem to get hold of you."

"Why would you want to?" was my flip reply.

"Steve, why are you talking to me like that? If I didn't know better, I'd think that you were mad at me about something."

"Rosemary, I want you to think real hard and tell me again what you did last Friday night." She could see something was definitely wrong. "You just hung out with a few girl friends and a couple of bottles of wine? Right?"

"Yeah, just like I told you before."

"So you're saying Gary lied to me when he said he saw you and three of your friends at the Alpha fraternity house on Friday night. And there was no way you were dancing and making lips with some guy there, is that what you're saying?" She was fidgeting. The look in her eyes said I was right.

"Steve..." she started to say before I stopped her.

"Because if he's right, we would be done, finished, because you know how I feel about lying. Thank God, you're not like that type of woman, and I can trust you implicitly no matter what." Tears were starting to well up in her eyes. She knew she'd been caught.

"I didn't say anything because I knew you'd be mad. They talked me into going."

"Did they tell you to stick your tongue down that guy's throat? How much further did you go that night? Did you give it up to him? Did you give him your panties as a souvenir of his conquest?" Her tears were now falling fast. I was over it and her, too. How come I kept meeting women like my fucking mother? "I've got to go, I've got a class." With that I walked out of her life.

I didn't answer any of her e-mails, especially the ones where she tried to explain it all to me. It was only one time and she was sorry. So was I, but it didn't make any difference, we were history.

"Sorry, man, Jeremy said sympathetically, as we tipped a few later that night. I thought you and Rosemary were a match made in heaven."

"So did I. I'm just glad I found out now instead of ten years down the road like my dad did. Let me ask you a question." I looked him right in the eyes. "Has Cindy ever lied to you?" He looked at me strangely. "You know, have you ever caught her in a lie?"

"Nope, not that I can think of. And besides, if she did, it would have to be a pretty big one for me to dump her like you did Rosemary."

"Well, then, would you mind giving her to me? I can't seem to find a good one and you did on your first try. With your record, you can always find another one."

"Even if I said yes, which I'm not going to, Cindy would never go for it. She thinks you're a hard ass and expect too much from people."

"Come again." I could not believe what I'd just heard.

"She just thinks you expect too much from people. Steve, everyone lies, even if is just little white lies so as not to hurt someone's feeling. And don't give me any shit, because I've heard even you lie."

"Those aren't the lies I'm talking about. The ones I take to heart are the ones that affect relationships. If Rosemary was your girlfriend, what would you have done? She flat out lied to me. She was seriously making out with another guy. I even gave her a get out of jail card not once but twice, and still she lied to my face."

"Steve, I think she was ashamed about what she had done and thought maybe if she could get out of it this time. she would never put herself in that position again. The problem with you, Steve, is you don't forgive and forget. With you everything is black and white."

"I had two great role models!"

"You can't blame your parents forever. People get divorced all the time. So your mom cheated on your dad, not every woman cheats." I knew he was right, I just hadn't met the right girl, and since he wasn't giving up Cindy, I'd have to find my own good one.

They say the first week after college graduation is one of the greatest weeks of your life. No more papers to turn in or tests to study for. You can kick back and enjoy your free time for a change, and that's just what I did. I had two job leads and an interview for another Thursday morning. My life was moving on, alone, but moving forward just the same. That's when it happened.

Wednesday evening rush hour traffic was moving slower than normal, and I was kicking myself for venturing out into it for no particular reason. The asshole in the car behind me was continuously trying to weave in and out of traffic, desperately trying to get an extra car length ahead. I looked in my rear view mirror at him, shook my head, and turned the radio volume up a little louder. As we inched forward, he must have seen an opening up ahead somewhere because he gunned his engine attempting to pull out while everyone was again stopping—everyone but him, that is. He smacked right into the left rear end of my car pushing it into the one in front of me.

"What a dickhead," I thought, turning off my engine and getting out to assess the damage, knowing I was going nowhere now.

He was ranting and raving about how he thought it wasn't his fault and what an idiot I was for stopping right in front of him. That's when I walked to the front of my car to see the damage my car had done to the car in front of me.

She was good looking, arrogant, and extremely loud. She got out of her car and started tearing into me using language worthy of a longshoreman. The driver of the car that hit me slithered back to into his car before she could see him. There was Jesus Christ this, motherfucker that, and a bunch of dumb shits thrown in, along with a couple dozen other foreign words spoken by what appeared to be a tall, hot-blooded Latina.

"Holy shit! I just make my last payment on my car and you hit the son of a bitch! Do you even have a fucking driver's license? And if you do, did you get it out of a box of Cracker Jacks?" she screamed. When I didn't respond or say a word, she wanted to know what the hell I was going to do about her car. I wasn't quite sure how to answer her at first. I was just thankful she wasn't hurt.

"Look, I'm sorry I hit you, but the guy in the Mustang behind me hit me and pushed me into you. I'm just glad everyone is all right."

"Well, everybody isn't all fucking right. Because he couldn't wait ten damn seconds for the light to change, I'm going to be late picking up my little girl at day care." She lit into us, standing there in a light blue sundress with her arms crossed in front of her. Her eyes were burning a thousand holes into the other guy, while he sunk lower into the front seat trying to hide from her.

"Look," I said, "even when the cops do come, which could be twenty minutes or an hour from now, all they're going to do is take a statement from everyone and make sure we all exchange insurance information. Why don't we exchange driver license numbers, phone numbers, insurance numbers, and we can all get out of here?" She looked at her watch, burned a couple more holes into that guy's head and said okay. I got out a pad of paper and started writing.

Dickhead didn't have his insurance card with him but we got the rest of his information. When he started talking to Regina, that was her name, telling her how sorry he was, he made the mistake of glancing down at her breasts, which weren't small, and they were all out there.

"Hey, asshole! My eyes are up here not down there," she spit out, getting in his face.

I could tell Regina was getting ready to blow. "Why don't we all relax and get this done so we can get out of here?" I turned to look at her. "And don't worry, he is a hundred percent at fault. His insurance company will pay our insurance companies back,"

"Who's going to pay my deductable to get my car fixed?"

"I guess you're going to have to, but you should get it back from either his insurance company or mine."

I gave her all my information saying I hope her insurance company takes care of her. No, I was praying they'd take care of her. This was one lady I wouldn't want mad at me.

"Don't worry, because if they don't, the rest will come out of that guy's ass," she said, burning one more hole into the center of his forehead just for good measure. I pitied that poor son of a bitch if his insurance company didn't come through. I wasn't sure mine would, the accident was not my fault. And I sure as hell didn't want to deal with that wild cat.

Within twenty-five minutes of the accident we each had everything we needed, much to the delight of all the cars that had been trying to get around us. In the meantime the cops had finally arrived, giving us each an accident report to fill out. When they found out the guy in the Mustang didn't have his insurance information with him, they cited him; served him right. After what seemed like hours, but was really about forty-five minutes, I was finally on my way.

Over the next week I went on two interviews and scheduled a third for the following Monday. The job I really wanted didn't pay as much as the other two but had the most chance for advancement. I would be a coordinator between engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing, responsible for making sure everything was scheduled, in on time, and if engineering changes needed to be done, I would hand walk them through the process so there wouldn't be any delays.

"It can be a bit stressful at times. I can guarantee you that you won't be bored," the interviewer both informed and cautioned me. It sounded exactly like what I was looking for. A few weeks later after a second and third interview I accepted the position and was ready to start work. Life was pretty good about now.

My insurance company informed me the reason that guy didn't have his insurance card with him, was that he had no insurance. My car's damage would be repaired under my policy. I knew I wasn't going to get my deductable back from anyone. I called the asshole. He said he'd been laid off weeks earlier and was broke, adding that as soon as he got another job he'd make things right. Yeah, when pigs fly, I thought.

I should have expected the call but I didn't. However, when I answered the phone I immediately knew who it was.

"That low life doesn't even have insurance much less a fucking job," were the first words out of her mouth. "He said he's going to pay me back. Yeah, what bullshit. I'm not holding my breath. Guess that means I'm going to have to get it from your insurance company."

"Good evening, Regina," I said, trying to start our conversation over on a positive note. "I have already submitted my accident report and everything else. If you'd like to call my agent, I'll be more than happy to give you his name and number."

"Give me the name and phone number just in case I hit a snag. I've got my car in the shop being worked on, so I need to put this to bed once and for all." I gave her everything she asked for.

"Hope everything turns out okay for you," I said on an upbeat note.

"Don't worry, it will." She hung up.

"I wonder if I'm going to have to find a new insurance agent after she calls him," I thought, pitying the next call my agent was going to receive.

Two weeks after Regina's phone call Jeremy, Cindy, and I went out to celebrate my new job. It was a big step for me. I was looking forward to getting my own place, and finally getting out from under my father's wing.

We had dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant. After our meal we went to one of the newer dance clubs. Truth be known, I wasn't much of a dancer. I move my feet, arms, and try not to look like a total doofus while out there on the floor. Personally, I like it when it's dark, crowded, and after about three beers.

We had just finished our first round of drinks when we got lucky enough to grab a table from a group that was leaving. As crowded as it was in there, tables were worth their weight in gold. It was a nice club, the music was great, and I was really having a good time when out of the corner of my eye I caught someone walking towards our table. "Shit," was all I got out before she was on me.

"Steve, your insurance company came through, thank God," Regina said, without even a how are you doing, or any other introduction. "I'd still like to take a big fucking hammer to that other guy and his damn car." Jeremy and Cindy sat there with their mouths open listening to Regina's rant.

"Regina, this is my best friend Jeremy and his girlfriend, Cindy." I tried to change the subject. "Would you like to join us for a drink?" She gave me a once over, looked over her shoulder at the group she'd just left, and nodded.

"I guess one drink won't hurt."

"What can I get you?"

"Surprise me, why don't you." she said, with a full mouth smile that went from ear to ear, which was easy for her because she didn't have a small mouth. I grabbed Jeremy and we headed towards the bar.

"Is that the girl you hit?" was the first question out of his mouth. "She's kind of cute but what a mouth. I thought Cindy was going to choke on her drink." We both laughed at that statement.

Regina was not a tiny girl by any means. She could look me right in the eye, which had to put her at least at five foot eight in her stocking feet. She possessed a huge rack and had a booty that would rival any black girl's. She wasn't fat, but was far from being thin either. I guessed she had to weigh somewhere in the range of one fifty to one sixty-five. She, my friend, was built for comfort not speed.

"She's got a nice set on her, and how they're staying in that dress is an architectural marvel." Jeremy was just about drooling. We walked back to the table drinks in hand and I offered Jeremy a word of advice. "If you don't want to die a horrible death do not stare at her boobs. I can tell you from experience she doesn't like it." We both looked at one another and laughed once more before arriving at our table.

"Here you go, ladies." We gave out the drinks. Regina glanced down at hers and then at me.

"What makes you think I drink red wine?" Now I was on the spot.

"Well, you don't look like a white wine type of girl, though I think on occasion you like something a lot stronger. But, for a casual night out and not wanting to get hammered, a smooth red wine is what you might like," I answered her, then took a sip of my Corona.

"Not bad, not bad at all." We touched glasses. "Where's your girl?" she said looking around.

"No girl, just the three of us celebrating my new job."

"You gay?"

Beer coming out of your nose burns like a son of a bitch, and the choking that followed wasn't much fun either.

"Gay? What the hell do you mean by that?" I was still recovering.

"Well, you're a nice looking guy, and if you don't have a girlfriend I just assumed you must be gay. You know it's the new thing now, don't you?"

"Well, I'm not gay if you're interested. I like women, it's just that I'm not going with anyone right now."

"Got dumped, huh?"

"No, I didn't get dumped. If you must know I dumped her." Cindy was now doing her best not to laugh at our exchanges.

"So, she wouldn't put out or did you just get tired of her?"

"Regina, why do you care?"

"Just making conversation. Seems like I hit kind of a sore spot, huh?"

"She lied to me. That's why we're no longer together. Satisfied?"

"I suppose, but it must have been something pretty big for you to almost take my head off, huh?" She just wasn't stopping. I looked over at Cindy and Jeremy for help. Forget it, they were using us for their evening entertainment.

"Lying and cheating are two things I don't put up with from anybody," I said, maybe a little too loudly because more than a few people looked my way.

"I've been there also, and it's not fun. But the way I see it, most men can't be trusted. They lie to you to get into your pants, and after they get it, they're long gone."

"Bullshit. Women are just as bad as men. They lie hoping they won't get caught, and if they do, they blink their eyes, wiggle their ass, maybe shed a few tears, then say they are sorry, thinking that will make it all go away. Not in my book, it won't." We were now knee deep in it.

"They do it because that's what has been done to them all their lives. There is a double standard out there and you know it. A woman goes to bed with a couple of guys and she's labeled a slut, but when a guy gets more than a couple of girls into bed he's a stud. Then when a guy decides to get married, he wants an untouched virgin, not some girl who has been around the block like him. It's a crock of shit."

"Like girls don't play games? If a guy's a hunk and has money you girls fall all over yourselves just to go out with him. But if he's a normal guy with say a ten year old car, most women won't give him the time of day much less go out with him. Girls like to date the bad boys and the ones that treat them like shit, but when it's time to settle down they go back to the solid, stable ones they wouldn't have even given a second glance at before: the accountants, the computer geeks, the regular nine to fivers, and the like. All of a sudden they're all lovey dovey, telling them how much they would like to go out with them. Bull shit! All they're looking for now is that fucking security blanket because their bad boys aren't the marrying kind, and aren't going to give them what that poor naive son of a bitch will. After they hook the trusting bastard and someone better comes along they'll think nothing of cheating on their husband because they know he'll probably forgive them." I was hot, my heart was beating a mile a minute, and I was going off on a girl I barely knew. Now everyone really was looking at me.

"Looks like someone had their ego bruised pretty good," Regina said, looking right back at me. "You may be right about some women, but not all. Like you, I've been screwed over a few times so maybe I do keep my guard up, but unlike you, I give people a chance before jumping down their throat." Regina stood up. "Well, it's been enlightening. I've got to get back to my friends. Call me if you ever want to have this conversation again." With that said, she walked back to her group. Cindy and Jeremy were just staring at me, and after she was out of earshot they broke out laughing.

"What?"

"Boy, does that girl have your number," Cindy said. "Smart, good looking, and comes with a ton of baggage. If I were you, I'd marry her and fast."

"Ha ha. Now I'm one big joke? Look, I didn't ask for any of this. People have walked over me and fucked me over my entire life outside of my grandmother and Jeremy. And, excuse me, if I have a few trust issues, you would have them too if you'd gone through what I've gone through."

"But, Steve, don't you see how it's holding you back from moving on and becoming the man I know you can be?" replied Cindy. "Steve, I love you to death, but one of these days you're going to have to open up, lower your guard, and trust someone even if they end up hurting you. Life is too short for you to wonder, what if, every time you meet someone. Take a chance for once and maybe one of these times you'll find what you're looking for."

Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,277 Followers