Love And War Bk. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IronDragon
IronDragon
1,613 Followers

Delaara was momentarily blinded by the phaser bolts hitting her shields, and banked hard to starboard as Jason's Valkyrie shot past her. She pulled around as fast as possible, but he wasn't where she thought he'd be.

"Demoness, he's above you!" came Gem's frantic yell over the comm, but by then it was too late.

The burst shredded the remainder of her shields and she went EV with Ape.

"Gotcha, honey," he said over her comm.

"Well, you haven't got me, yet," said Gem as she locked him and fired a quantum missile.

Jason diverted all shields to the rear, and slammed his warp burners to maximum. The quantum was still on his tail, but he was able to minimize the damage when it finally hit. He readjusted his shields all forward, pulled hard about, and warp burned towards Gem, proxing a photon missile and firing when she started firing her burst.

Gem saw it coming and banked hard just in time. The prox fuse detonated, but she was able to avoid engine damage. As she recovered, a burst of pulse phasers slammed into her fighter, tearing off her port side wing. Thinking quickly, she slammed her throttle back to stop, swung around, and fired her guns into his ship, depleting the remaining shields and puncturing the cockpit.

*****

"Gem, that was some of the best flying I've ever seen!", said Jason as they exited the simulator. Delaara and Ape were slapping her on the back as well.

"Well, when you shot my wing off, my options were pretty limited," she replied. "It was more desperation than actual thought."

"It was glorious!" Alex said, running up to her and hugging her tight.

"I agree with the Klingon," said Rash with a grin as he joined them. "We decided to watch and see what would happen."

"He shot me up pretty good, and I thought for sure that wouldn't work," Jenny said, blushing.

"Desperation is the mother of innovative tactics, Jenny," said Delaara with a smile.

"It reminded me of how I shot you down over NZ8, honey," said Jason to his wife with a wink.

Jenny and Alex had their arms around each other's waist, and she was beaming proudly.

Delaara smiled at them. "Jenny, look at everything in perspective. You got shot down yesterday, but since then, you've found a man who loves you. Then you managed to school the best fighter pilot in the galaxy with a desperate maneuver that worked beyond what anyone could imagine."

"She's right, Jenny," said Jason, laughing. "And since I got shot down, beers are on me."

They all headed to the turbolift to 11Forward.

*****

It didn't take long for Rachael to show up at the bar to congratulate Jenny on her accomplishment. She slid her arm around Rash's waist and said "Gem, Rash fowarded me a copy of your simulation today. That was some inspired flying, hon!"

"Thanks, Captain," she said with a smile. "It really was desperation more than anything else."

"But sometimes, desperation is-"

"The mother of innovative tactics," said the others, cutting her off.

"You've all learned so well!" Rachael was proud. "I'm glad at least some of my words of wisdom didn't get thrown out the airlock."

Rash kissed her. "That's my Captain."

*****

Alex and Jenny told everyone about their date on the holodeck, and Jason said "Ok, you two have fun, and don't do anything Delaara and I wouldn't do!" much to their blushing chagrin.

Even though he was the same age as they were, Jason realized how much he'd matured over the past year. He felt older and more responsible thanks to being in a command position as Squadron Leader.

Delaara had noticed as well. "They're our kids, honey. As much as we can have right now, anyway."

"I think you're right, sweetheart. I'm proud to lead this squadron, and even prouder that I have you to help me lead it." He kissed her again. "I never get tired of kissing you, Delaara."

"Good, because I never get tired of you kissing me, Jason", she said, kissing him deeply and passionately.

Rash looked at Rachael and said "When in Rome" as he kissed her just as passionately, pulling her into his arms.

The PA blared "Incoming hostiles detected. Captain to the Bridge!"

"Oh boy. When this is over, Rash, I'm going to ride you to bloody death, boy!" Rachael said as they headed out of the bar. The pilots went to the flight hangar while she went to the Bridge.

*****

Captain Thatcher burst onto the Bridge and dashed to her Command Chair. "What's the situation, Number One?"

Commander Reynolds said "Incoming Ferengi and Orion battleships on long range scans, Captain." Her voice sounded worried.

"Red alert. Notify Striker wing to be ready to scramble," Rachael ordered.

"Aye aye, ma'am," said her XO, and repeated the order over the PA. "Enterprise is moving into position to engage as well."

"Thanks, Marie. Hail Enterprise."

"Onscreen, Captain," she replied.

"Jean-Luc, we have a situation incoming," she said.

"We saw it, Rachael. We'll engage the 2 Orions while you handle the Ferengi. Give us a Squadron as backup, and we'll be fine," said Captain Picard.

"You'll have the Skulls, Jean-Luc," she replied with a smile.

*****

"Skull Squadron, we'll be under the command of Enterprise for this op," said Jason when he received the order from Rachael. "We follow Captain Picard's orders to the letter, understood?"

"YES, SIR!" came the resounding reply.

"Good. Set your comms to include Enterprise's frequency. Skulls, mount up!" He and Delaara moved to their Valkyries as the rest of the Skulls climbed their boarding ladders. As their canopies closed, Jason hit the Squadron comm. "Gloria ad mortem!"

"GLORIA AD MORTEM!" Came the reply as they prepared for possible death in the vacuum of space. The Skull Squadron motto translated as 'Glory to death' from the ancient Latin.

"Hostiles have dropped from warp and begun to advance at Impulse. All fighters Launch!" CAG ordered.

"Go, Skulls. Holding pattern off Enterprise's port side," said Jason as their ships shot out into space and they turned towards the Sovereign class battleship.

"Enterprise to Skull Leader. Engage Orion 2 while we take Orion 1. Sending you our telemetry now," said Captain Picard.

"Skull Lead here. Roger that, Captain. Telemetry received and starting our attack run. Good to be fighting alongside you, sir!" Jason then switched to Squadron channel. "Skulls, you heard the man. We start with weapons first. Bravo, take Phaser bank targets port. Charlie, take phaser banks starboard. Alpha is on the forward torpedo tubes."

"Roger, Lead," said Rash and Bounce.

"Skulls, full impulse. Arm Quantum Missiles 1 and 2. We'll take down the battle marshal's shields before starting our attack runs," Jason said, and heard acknowledgments from his Flight leaders. As soon as they entered missile range, Jason said "Fire!" and 24 quantum missiles slammed into the shields of the Orion battleship.

"Their shields are down to 5%, sir," said Rash. "Bravo flight beginning attack run."

"Go get 'em, Rash," said Jason. "Charlie, begin your run. Alpha, on me."

Jason aimed his flight at the forward torpedo tubes and armed photon missiles. "Photons armed, Alpha. Lock onto tubes and fire at will."

The Valkyries launched their photons as soon as their locks became solid, slamming into the tubes of the enemy warship. The Orion hit Ape with a glancing shot from its starboard phasers as they completed their pass.

"Ape, status report!" Jason shouted.

"Shields at 40%, sir," came the reply.

"Roger that, Four. Come about on me for another pass. We'll hit their aft tubes this time around." Jason ordered.

"Bravo to Lead, Port side phaser banks are down, switching to engines."

"Roger that, Rash. Stop him dead!" Jason was loving this.

Alpha came about and targeted aft tubes. "Photons 3 and 4, fire at will!"

Once again, the Flight's missiles slammed into the battleship's tubes, destroying a huge part of its offensive capabilities.

"Charlie to lead. Starboard phaser banks down. Switching to shield generator," said Bounce.

"Roger that, Bounce. Good job!"

"Gem to Lead, we have 4 bogies launching from shuttle bay on the battle marshal," she said.

"Roger that, Gem. Let's go introduce ourselves. Alpha, our targets are the 4 bandits that just launched. Take individual and light 'em up!"

Jason went for the middle right, while Demoness went mid-left. Ape went far right and Gem took far left as they closed distance.

Gem locked her trigger to the stick as she blasted the Orion fighter's shields away and punctured its canopy with deadly accuracy. It went spinning away into the night sky of space. "Gem to Lead. Target is cooked."

Ape locked a quantum and fired just as a burst from his target hit him in the port side wing, shearing it off completely. He banked to starboard and saw his target go up in a ball of fire as his quantum hit. "Ape to Lead, target's down, but I'm limpin' here."

"Roger, Ape. Head on back to Nimitz. We got your back," said Jason over the comm.

Demoness went in for the kill on hers, who had banked hard port when she'd opened up with phasers. She locked him from behind and sent a burst into its engines, fireballing the Orion. "Demoness to lead, target splashed, baby," she said.

"Roger that, Demoness." Jason said as his own target continued to juke and jink erratically. He fired a controlled burst and saw it kick off the shields as it banked hard starboard. "This guy's good," he smiled as he banked to follow. The Orion kicked in burners, and Jason grinned. The burners would make that thing a straight line sitting duck. He armed a Quantum and locked it. Just as he fired, he saw the incoming photon from the fighter that had cut burners, spun in place, and fired. Jason banked hard to port, and the photon just missed him as it passed. His quantum hit, destroying the fighter's shields, but not the fighter itself. Jason nodded his respect as he switched to guns, firing a burst from his pulse phasers at the fighter as it closed with him again. The burst tore through its starboard wing, hitting a fuel tank and fireballing it just as its own burst peppered his port wing.

"Target down," said Jason. "Damage minimal."

"What took you so long, baby?" Delaara asked, half concerned, half joking.

"Oh, you know. Had to make him feel he was doing well," said Jason nonchalantly. "Seriously, that guy had skill."

"I know, baby," she said back. "I saw his moves, and he was nearly as good as you are."

"But 'nearly' isn't enough against me, darling," Jason said with a grin.

"Bravo to lead, engines are toast," said Rash with an audible smile.

"Good job, Rash," Jason said.

"Charlie to Lead, shields are destroyed," said Bounce.

"Nice one, Bounce," Jason replied. "Skull Lead to Enterprise, Orion 2 is disabled. Awaiting kill order."

"Nicely done, Jason," said Captain Picard. "No kill order yet. We'll see if they wish to surrender per Admiral Nelson's orders."

"Roger that, sir", said Jason. "Will await kill order."

They formed up as a squadron as they got the word that Ape had crashed into the aft flight deck.

"Roger, Nimitz. Is he going to be ok?" Jason asked.

"Stand by, Skull Lead. We have fire control and Medical on it."

"Oh no!" Gem shouted into the comm.

"It's ok, Gem. He'll be fine," said Delaara.

As if to prove her right, the comm came from the Nimitz almost immediately.

"We have preliminary from Doc Tavolk. Ape is stable, but he's lost a leg and has 3rd degree burns over 10% of his body," said CAG.

"Don't worry, Gem. Doc is the best Medical Officer in Starfleet," said Jason to his junior pilot. "Ape will pull through."

"Enterprise to Skull Lead, we have received a surrender confirmation from Orion 2. Go ahead back to Nimitz," said Captain Picard. "And Jason," he went on, "Thank you, son."

"Skull Lead to Enterprise, it was our pleasure, sir," he replied. "We have a man down, and are returning to Nimitz now."

"Enterprise's prayers go with him, Jason," said his friend.

"Thanks, Jean-Luc. That means a lot to us, sir."

The Skulls landed safely and vaulted from their cockpits as soon as their engines had cut, sprinting for the turbolifts.

*****

When they got to Medical, Ape was in a medically induced coma while the medications took effect. Doc was looking haggard for a Vulcan, which is to say that he was breathing a sigh of relief.

"How's he doing, Doc?" Jason asked as his entire Squadron filled the waiting area.

"He will be recover eventually, Commander," said Doc. "Unfortunately, he won't be able to fly a Starfighter again."

"What happened? Won't a prosthetic leg help?" Gem asked, tears in her eyes.

"His leg isn't the issue, Jenny," said Doc with uncharacteristic tenderness. "He lost the sight in his right eye as a result of the fire."

She started to cry as Alex took her in his arms and hugged her. He didn't say a word, but just held her as she sobbed into his chest. Her arms went around his waist and held him to her tightly as she cried for her best friend.

"Can we at least see him, Doc?" Delaara asked.

"I've induced a coma to help his body heal," said Doc. "I'm sorry, Delaara. He needs it."

"We understand, Doc. Come on, Skulls. We need to let the Doc have his workspace back." Jason turned back to Dr. Tavolk. "Let me know as soon as he's able to talk, Doc."

"I will, Jason," he replied, nodding.

They made their way listlessly to 11Forward and drank a few dozen toasts to Ape, praying that Doc was wrong and that he'd be able to fly again. Rachael showed up and hugged Rash tight, then hugged Gem just as tight.

"I do have some good news, at least. Our rotation is done for now, and Eisenhower will be here tomorrow to relieve us," said Rachael.

A ragged cheer went up from the assembled Wing, who were all there to show their support for Ape.

Everyone let out a collective sigh of relief, and Jason said once again how proud he was to serve with every one of them. He had become de facto Wing Commander since they still hadn't received one in the 9 months they'd all been flying together. They now had a total of 8 vacancies to fill in the crew and pilot rosters, so they'd be returning to Starbase for repairs, refitting, and restaffing.

*****

"We need to end this war. It's taking its toll on our kids, honey," said Jason as he and Delaara laid in bed that night.

"I know, baby," she replied. "It's been hard on all of us, but moreso on them. The majority of them are brand new, and have never lost friends before."

"True. I just can't get that image out of my head, though. Ape laying there comatose. I'm just glad that Alex was there to block Jenny's view of him." Jason knew that Alex had taken her back to her quarters after 11Forward, and he wouldn't let her go over the edge.

"At least she has Alex now," said Delaara.

"Also true. I just hope she doesn't push him away because of what happened to Dom. He's one of my best friends, sweetheart. I've been flying with him, Bounce, and Rash since the Academy." He felt tears in his eyes.

"Shhhh baby. It's ok." Delaara kissed him softly, and he kissed her back passionately, holding her close and running his hands up and down her bare back. She moaned as he broke the kiss and licked her ear slowly, barely touching her with his tongue. She straddled him, sitting up and guiding him inside her. She engulfed him completely as he filled her, moving slowly together. Delaara leaned down and kissed him as the mindmeld took them both, letting all their feelings intermingle and taking the hurt away. He rolled her over and moved slowly, thrusting deep into her as he rolled his hips in circles. They knew what was needed tonight, and he kissed her tenderly as they made love. The intimacy. The caring. The feel of each other. Her first orgasm pounded through her like a freight train, and set off his own, filling her to overflowing as she came again and again in rapid succession. He kept moving inside her as they came together repeatedly, and as they felt themselves finally relaxing, held each other close, kissing and touching and holding until sleep finally took them.

*****

Alex sat with Jenny through the night, holding her until she had stopped crying. He didn't speak, just held her. She had finally stopped crying, looked into his light blue eyes, and kissed him passionately. He kissed her back just as passionately, and they were soon scrabbling to remove their flight suits. Once naked, she had pushed him onto his back and mounted him, snarling as she took him, riding him harder and harder, faster and faster, feeling her orgasms rip through her. She screamed in lust and primal need, throwing her head back as he came with her finally. She fell onto him, exhausted, and still he didn't say a word. Just held her as she slept on his chest, and closed his own eyes as sleep took him as well.

*****

The next morning, USS Eisenhower arrived, and Nimitz entered Warp for Deep Space 9.

Alex transferred to Alpha flight to replace Ape, and Rash, while sorry to see him go, knew that was what was needed. He and Gem flew well together, and the move brought them closer still.

When Ape woke up, Jason and the rest of the Squadron went to show their support, along with Captain Thatcher. "I guess I'll just be a desk jockey from now on," he laughed.

"Not bloody likely, boy!" Rachael said. "I'm transferring you to Command, and you're getting promoted to Lieutenant Commander. Elizabeth Shelby needs a new Second Officer onboard the Gryphon, and I recommended you for the job."

Ape was speechless. "Wow, Captain," he said. "Thanks!"

"It's the least I could do, Dom," she said. "You've been here since Day 1 when this ship was commissioned, and I know you'll have your own ship someday."

"Hell, Rachael. After you retire, I want command of the Nimitz!" Dom grinned, and everyone there could just see that happening. In spite of the loss of his leg, and the burns over the right side of his head and face, he looked in good spirits. The skin grafts had started to take effect, but being allergic to the ocular implants, he would be relegated to using a prosthesis over his right eye, which resembled an eyepatch.

"On the bright side, Dom," said Jenny with a smile. "You're going to look like a pirate with that eyepatch!"

"Yarr! I can see it now! Sailing the high seas taking any booty that comes along!" He reached out and grabbed Stratal's ass. She jumped, then smiled and leaned down to kiss him passionately.

She then said "Once you're out of this bunk, come see me, loverboy."

The whole Squadron cheered at that. Ensign Stratal was gorgeous, and Dom looked like he'd just won the jackpot.

Jason and Delaara shook his hand, and the rest of the Squadron gave him their congratulations on surviving with another kill to his record. He wasn't at fault for the crash, since his repulsors had been damaged by enemy fire and his throttle had stuck when he was trying to decelerate. He'd burned in at 1/10th impulse, and it was a miracle that he'd survived. His leg had been amputated just above the knee when the lower left side of the cockpit had collapsed, and the fire from the exploding panel above the right side of his head had blinded him in that eye and given him 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Those were fixed with synthskin and his leg was replaced by a cybernetic enhanced leg system.

But his right eye was still blind, and no synthetic prosthesis would make him flight capable in a starfighter again. Ensign Stratal visited him every day during his rehab at DS9, and when Gryphon arrived for repairs, refit, and restaffing, she asked to go with him. She had full Security qualifications, so Elizabeth accepted her transfer. Skull Squadron got two competent replacements, and both were thrown into Bravo flight to be trained by Rash to his exacting specifications.

*****

Kira and Garak sat in their chairs in Quark's with Jason, Delaara, Ryan, and Rachael. Stratal and Dom walked in and Dom asked "Are these seats taken?"

IronDragon
IronDragon
1,613 Followers
123456...9