Love In War

Story Info
Loving The Enemy.
2k words
4.34
25.8k
27

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/08/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first submission and I value all feedback. Constructive criticism would be much appreciated! Some things:

1) This is a BW/WM story, so if that isn't your cup of tea, don't read.

2) I purposely left out physical descriptions until the next chapters. I did this so you, the reader, can get to know the some of the characters a little before you see them.

3) This work belongs to BeatFaceLove. Any reproduction without my consent is fucked up and I will find you.

***********

"Did you ever stop and think, 'Hey, maybe Iwon'tgo to hell?'"

"No, it's pretty much set in stone that I am."

"Well you haven't killed anyone... yet."

She smirked. "Yeah, not yet." She looked down at the diamond encrusted Cartier watch her dad gave her. "I have to go. I'll call you later though."

"Yeah, no problem. Tell the old man to feel free to buy me an expensive watch too." Alexia smiled.

"Tell him yourself," she sighed, standing and gathering her bag. "He keeps asking where his other daughter is at."

"Ha! Yeah, I'll definitely drop by the house now," Alexia said rolling her eyes.

She scoffed at Alexia. "Bye Lex." Turning to leave, she halted when she heard Alexia speak.

"Oh by the way, have you spoken to Leo lately?" Alexia eyed her intently. After 23 years together, she knew her best friend like the back of her hand.

The breath she inhaled caught in her throat at the mention of him. Her heart went into overtime and she began to sweat. However, on the outside, her face remained passive.

After a second, she turned back to answer her friend.

"No."

***********

As Charlie stepped outside of Renault's Ristorante Italiano, the valet pulled her Bentley GTC to a stop in front her and held her hand as she descended into her luxury sedan. Yet another gift from her father. As she drove off she thought back to her lunch with Alexia.

Born twelve minutes apart, their mothers had shared a room at the hospital where they were born and in the nursery they were placed side by side. Ever since, they'd been best friends. Their fathers, two big men with big dreams clicked instantly, as did their mothers while they chatted post labor.

But Alexia's last question struck a nerve.

"Have you spoken to Leo lately?"

Her drive downtown to her father's office was consumed with her replaying the question over in her head and wondering,why?

Charlie hadn't seen Leo in weeks. The tension between them was thick. Not since their last run in at a mutual "friends" gathering had she laid eyes on him. It hadn't ended too pretty. Charlie grimaced as she remembered the encounter.

**********

"Well well well, what brings you out tonight Ms. Charlotte?" Charlie forced herself not to roll her eyes in front her peers. She hated when he called her by her real name and not the pet name everyone used.

"Leo, always a pleasure to see you." The serene and calm smile on her faced was convincing. But Leo wasn't fooled. After the last stunt he pulled he could hardly believe she truly meant what she said. He smirked. She was a good actress.

"Excuse us, but I need to speak with Charlotte. In private." His eyes brooked no argument and she knew better than to make a scene. Not now. Not in front of their colleagues.

Charlie smiled. "Excuse me." She turned to follow Leo who hadn't even waited for her to excuse herself before leaving. Rude.

She followed him across the marble floors, winding through throngs of people. Power players. The immense ballroom of the stately house the gathering was being held in suggested money and to be allowed in,you had to have money as well. She continued to follow Leo, not too closely, but close enough that she wouldn't lose him.

When she rounded a corner leading down a deserted hallway, she noticed Leo wasn't in front of her. She could've sworn this was the way he had come. Had she been that consumed in her thoughts? Suddenly, a hand grabbed hers and jerked hers roughly, pulling her into an empty room.

"Geez. Take my fucking arm off will you?"

"Watch your mouth." The look on Leo's face stopped the smart assed remark that was about to slip past her lips. He looked serious.

"Like always." She thought. But behind that he looked.... Amused.

"What's funny?"

"You," Leo finally released her hand. She felt the chill as he took his warmth with him. He walked over to a table where a crystal decanter sat and poured him a drink. Charlie stood in the middle of the room waiting for him to explain. When he didn't, she rolled her eyes.

"And what exactly about me do you find so amusing?" Charlie was starting to get annoyed. He'd drug her away from mingling to play games.

"It's amusing to me," he paused to take a swig of his drink, "that you think you can show up here tonight with another man." He looked her in the eyes.

Charlie felt herself twitch. Here he goes. "You are such a hypocrite. Did you or did you not show up with TWO girls on both your arms?" Her voice rose towards the end. Leo was the only person who could incite a reaction from her so quickly.

When Leo only shrugged, she wanted to shove his glass down her throat.

"I'm Leonardo Rossetti. I'm supposed to have two dates," he stated simply. "Could've been three if you'd come around..."

"Get over yourself, Leo." Charlie turned to leave but before her could reach the door, Leo's firm grip encased her arm enabling her from going anywhere.

"You need to watch your tone with me," he breathed in her ear. There was no space between them now. Leo had Charlie pressed against him and she wasn't getting away.

Charlie sighed deeply. "We do this every time." Her head lolled back as Leo nipped at her neck.

"Yes, but you like it. You love it." His hands delved inside the open back of her dress and roamed the expanse of her stomach before coming to rest on her breast. His fingers tweaked her hardened nipples.

Charlie bit back a moan. "Why do you do this?" Her hands were now itching to touch him as well.

"I can't help it." The lust in his voice was apparent. She could feel it too. Pressed against lower back his steely hard on was making it hard for her to think.

"Leo I nee-"

"Hey Leo I- whoa, sorry to interrupt." The door had opened and the intruder was still there.

"You could've made sure the door was locked." Charlie pushed away Leo's hands.

"I'm sorry." He turned to the intruder. "Give us a minute."

"Yeah, sure. Hey Charlie, how's it going?"

"Get out Max." Charlie turned to face him. Max threw up his hands in surrender and closed the door behind him as he left.

Charlie closed her eyes, and blew out a breath. Leo knew the moment was over. He decided to ask her about his proposition.

"Have you talked to your father about settling the Lagutov debt?" Leo asked straightening his tie.

"Actually yes, I have. He is unwilling to work with you father. I actually agree with him." It was hard for Charlie to fix her hair without being able see it.

"Come on Charlie. Your father knows he won't get his money unless we work together. They owe our families money.... And territory."

"He knows it. He'll get his money back. Whether or not your father gets his is irrelevant to us." Charlie said nonchalantly.

"Don't be foolish. Even enemies have to work together from time to time. It's for the greater good."

Charlie was over this conversation. "I didn't come here to talk business with you, Leonardo." She had straightened up the best she could and was walking towards the door.

"Wait." Leo's command halted her and when he reached her, his hand gripped hers and turned her to face him.

Leo's lips descended upon Charlie's and for a second, the world had stopped. Then, it started spinning. Charlie grabbed Leo's shoulders for support and she moaned as his tongue glided across hers. As with almost every encounter with Leo, the voice in the back of her head was screaming at her to leave, get out and run. But his kiss held her prisoner. Her hands traveled to his hair and pulled. Leo's grip on her hips tightened.

Suddenly, he pulled away. Charlie took the hint. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and smoothed down her dress.

Leo reached around her to open the door and held it for her as she walked through.

*********

The drive to her father's office hadn't taken long and before she knew it, Charlie was in the elevator on the way up to his top floor suite.

As she reached the door, she heard her father on the phone. The walls and doors were definitely not thin; her father was just that loud. Charlie shook her head.

As she entered, he was facing the window, intensely conversing with whoever was on the phone. She took the time to admire his office. The imposing oak desk seemed to have shrunk from its large size in her childhood memories. The desk held a photo of her family from a vacation years ago. It was the last time they were all together.

The panoramic view that the many windows offered of the city is what made her father choose this office.

"I want to be able to see my empire."Charlie remembered he said. She didn't understand at the time. She'd always admired the view.

"Well enough,"she thought. "It'll be mine one day."

"Baby girl! Come give daddy a hug." Her father, finished with his phone call, beckoned her over. She smiled. Sometimes it was hard for her to believe her father did the things he did. The same man who pushed her on the swing set at the park. But she'd seen it with her own eyes.

"Hey daddy." She hugged her father tightly as she kissed his cheek. "How's business?" Charlie sat in one of the leather chairs across from her father.

Mark Grey smirked. It was the same smirk his youngest daughter possessed. One of the many traits she'd inherited from him. "Business is business as usual." Mark relaxed back into his chair.

Charlie looked at her father's hazel eyes and thought about the countless times she'd wished she had the vibrant color. However, her father always assured her that her dark gaze could do some damage.

"Who was that on the phone?" Charlie asked.

"Your sister."

No more needed to be said.

A moment passed before Mark spoke again.

"A letter came for you."

"A letter for me came here?" Charlie brows knitted together in confusion as her father passed it to her. There was no return address, not even her father's address. The envelope was simply marked "Charlotte."

Charlie turned it over in her hands. "I'm surprised you didn't open it," she joked.

"I stopped opening your mail when you moved out." Mark stared at his daughter as she stared at the letter. He then refocused his attention to some papers on his desk in order to give her some privacy.

When Charlie knew her father wasn't watching her anymore, she opened the letter. As she read, realization set in. It was short but it's impact was great.

Dear Charlotte,

Congratulations. It is not every day that a Capo names his successor, though I'm sure you saw it coming. Taking over the family business is a big deal and you should be honored. However, you are not there yet. Your training will continue until your father can no longer lead his organization himself. I am sure you already have big plans though.

I write to let you know that we are ready. I look forward to a future with many encounters with you for our battles are always entertaining and.... Satisfying. You are the best enemy one could ask for. And remember Charlotte, there's always love in war.

Leo