Love! NYC Style

Story Info
A Play where little acting was required on Opening Night
2.2k words
3.98
21.8k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JohnGalt8
JohnGalt8
11 Followers

Many of you will remember that tacky, yet bawdy TV show from the 70's: "Love! American Style!" It was a show about 'love', often with comedic twists, and lots of hot women and men (though, in 70's style they tended to sport mustaches and lots of chest hair). In the early 1990's there was an Off Broadway play called: LOVE! NYC Style! It was a similar idea - though, written for the stage. The play highlighted a series of couples, and the often hilarious ways that brought about the demise of the burgeoning romances - but it climaxed with one story of love which 'worked'. This final vignette featured 2 younger people who seemed implausibly wrong for each other - yet the audience found themselves rooting for this to be the 'ONE' relationship that succeeded - and it did. Curtains fell as the couple ended together in bed, and the crowd felt renewed at knowing that true 'love' still could be found.

I was the male actor in that short lived run.

I was the one in the final vignette.

I was the one who got the 'gorgeous' woman despite all the seeming obstacles.

What the audience didn't know was that the shows featured very little acting.

I was 27 at the time and Evie was 26. We were both married, and both trying to 'break into' the Broadway scene. Our spouses were both holding down 'regular' jobs which allowed us the freedom to pursue our acting dreams despite the low pay. Evie and I had never worked together before, though our bios crossed paths at many different playhouses over the years. We often wondered how we had ever missed sharing the stage together. Our work together was entirely professional but, since we were both 'on stage' all the time we were quite flirty, and comfortable with the 'usual' hugs and kisses upon seeing each other.

I had become a bit immune to the constant barrage of beauties that I encountered in the acting profession. My wife, also a beauty, was always skeptical of this, but would come to see the shows, and eventually befriended many of my co-stars. There was never any 'grilling' me about my interest in these women, as I honestly wasn't really 'looking', but I digress.

Our scene opened with Evie and I in line together at a coffee shop. Each of us getting a drink for our partner who was engrossed in their Iphones. We began chatting, and in my active effusive manner of speaking I accidentally knocked a passing customer, spilling their drink all over Evie. I, of course, give her my number insisting that I pay the dry cleaning expenses for her fetching sun dress.

Scene II:

Evie never did call me to have me pay, though, through the use of another actor on stage the audience hears her thoughts. While she is laying in bed with her Boyfriend reading the paper her actor is talking straight to the audience:

'Wondering about him, he was so nice! He paid attention to me like he was truly interested in me! I want to call him, but not to have him pay for the cleaning."

The actor on my side of the stage as I'm making breakfast for my girlfriend:

"She had so much energy! Her smile drove me crazy! And, those legs."

Yet each of us stayed in our 'boring' relationships.

For a while.

Fast forward 2 weeks. Same coffee shop, long line - and I hear a familiar voice behind me. It's her! I turn around to say 'Hi' so enthusiastically that I bump into yet another customer... sending coffee on Evie's clothing again! I was horrified. She laughed uncontrollably, and that was the moment that my character knew she was 'the one'.

"I'm not even going to attempt to pay for the cleaning, but you HAVE to let me take you to dinner."

(My narrator on stage turns to her narrator)

Evie - pauses for a moment, and gives me her number.

"Can you call me during the day?"

(Her narrator 'high fives' my narrator).

Evie looks exactly like you would imagine an actress in a love story to be. She's fit, VERY fit, and curvy in a fabulous way. She has a wholesome look about her, but she's an actress so you know she's had a lot of 'fun' along the way. As for me, well, I guess some would also consider me to be the 'stereotypical' male lead as well. Tall, fit, dark, and a big 'all American' smile. If you saw the two of us together you'd immediately be wondering what we were like together when we made love.

But, back to our 'love story'.

After many mishaps our characters finally end up in bed together in a fairly steamy love scene. Evie is topless in the scene, and the rest of our bodies are under the covers. Our narrators talk 'over' our scene so that the audience is both listening to them, and watching us in the background in a semi-darkened scene. The scene 'climaxes' when we do as well on stage, and the narrators give another 'high 5' to each other and the curtain drops.

I had done many sex scenes over the years with different actresses, as had Evie. Everything was always 'professional' - but, of course, one's body will always 'respond' despite the fact that it's a 'play' with an audience. Knowing that I would be on stage, kissing her while she lay on top of me (topless) I wore fairly tight underwear and a jock strap so that my 'excitement' wouldn't be distracting, and she wore fairly 'prudish' underwear as well.

It was Preview Night, our last performance before Opening Night and in this final scene Evie and I are in bed together, and the 'L' (Love) word is spoken. We're partially under covers, and she is 'riding' me on a partially darkened stage, while our on stage narrators hold hands and tell our thoughts to the audience.

Evie is hot. I mean really hot. Dark shoulder length hair, perfect curves, and a wry grin which makes you think naughty thoughts. To have a woman sitting on top of me, pretending to make love to me (despite the audience in the back ground) was quite erotic. As I mentioned, I was wearing a jock strap, but that was extremely uncomfortable - in fact, it was downright painful. My cock was trying to get hard, but it was bunched up in that tiny 'prison'. The scene ends with Evie and I climaxing fairly loudly - but on that Preview/Press night, I was in pain, and my fake orgasm sounded like a man being strangled. To make matters worse, the audience laughed.

LAUGHED!!

It wasn't sexy at all. I was mortified, and the reviews mentioned the anti-climax climax. Our director (Pam) pulled me aside after the show and tried to reassure me. She told me to simply pretend there was no audience there.

Yada, yada, yada, I'd heard it all before.

I sheepishly mentioned that the problem was that things were 'constricted' and I was in pain.

Pam chuckled:

"Look, just wear boxers. Evie's a woman. She knows she has that affect on you - we all assumed she would. Ditch the jock strap. Nobody is going to laugh at you for responding like a 'man' and if they do I'll boot them off the set."

Evie happened to walk by at this moment. She gave me a hug telling me: "You were really great tonight."

Pam and I broke into laughter - and Pam explained the situation. Evie said that of course she understood, and would have no problem with me wearing boxers.

"Anything in the name of art." Evie said, and she walked back to her dressing room in her short silk bathrobe. I was wearing my robe as well, and was suddenly worried that seeing Evie walking down the hallway, cute ass moving under her silk robe, would make for more embarrassment and cause me to get hard again, and I quickly left to get changed into my street clothes.

So, now it's truly Opening Night', preview week is over. Everyone is excited, worried, and a myriad of other emotions. All our spouses are in the audience as well. Nobody other than cast is allowed back stage to keep the commotion to a minimum and we're all wearing 'faces' of confidence. I walk into my dressing room and there are the usual assortment of flowers from 'well wishers' and candies from other cast members, but I find myself not eating anything because I keep thinking: "I just brushed my teeth, and I have a sex scene" and I want everything to smell 'clean'. When I realize I'm thinking this I chuckle at myself, and my mind wanders to Evie, wondering if she feels the same way.

The first 3 acts have gone smoothly. Evie and I have amazing rapport and we can feel how the audience WANTS us together. It's hard to realize it's 'make believe' and sometimes back stage we find ourselves flirting just like our characters on stage were. I wonder if our spouses feel any jealousy, or if they're also caught up in the moment. Neither of us has mentioned my wardrobe malfunction (as I see it) though we both know that I'll simply be wearing boxers tonight. I never mentioned what happened at the last performance, nor did I tell my wife that I had ditched the jock strap. (something that made her feel a bit more comfortable knowing that I was wearing it).

I was wondering what was going through Evie's mind right now.

It's the final scene, and she and I are under the covers. It's pitch black onstage as we're waiting for the lights to come up on the narrator. She and I are holding each other tightly, and I can feel her breasts against my chest.

Evie brings her lips to my ears and giggles

"Just have fun. Enjoy this, like I'm going to."

She smells so good, and feels even better - and already I'm hard. Really hard. I'm both excited, and a bit embarrassed, since the scene hasn't even started yet. I see the lights start to come up on the narrators (her's and mine) - and Evie takes her 'position' laying on top of me, kissing me. My cock, though covered by boxers, is hard between us, and I can feel her moving herself against me. Moving her hips against me... driving me crazy. We're still in our prone position and the audience doesn't know she's topless yet - but I do. I feel her heat everywhere. I feel it from her breasts, from her breath against my cheek as we kiss, and from her pussy covered in.......??

It was at that moment that I realize she wasn't wearing her panties. As she moved against me the head of my cock poked up above the waistband of my boxers, and I could feel her - skin to skin. She moved herself up so that her pussy was in direct contact with the head of my cock, and I moaned ever so slightly.

'Enjoy this!' she whispered in my ear.

My hands reached down and cupped her ass, increasing the pressure against my cock. She reached down, sliding the boxers lower, and in one motion, slipped me into her.

On stage. In front of a packed house, AND our spouses.

The narrators gave the cue about us 'making love at last, New York Style!', and she rose, riding me as per our script.

And she was.

The audience could only see her in half light. They could see she was topless, but the lower half of bodies were covered with the satin sheets.

Evie rode me... she moved in amazingly sexy ways, and I held her against me tight - afraid I was going to moan loudly (AND, too soon!). The script had called for me to kiss her breasts, but I did more than that. I held them to my lips, and Evie moaned. I thought the entire house could hear it, but in reality it was only me who could. Her moans fired my desire even more and I moved against her.

The narrators gave the cue where we were both supposed to 'express the climax of our physical love' - and we did. Loudly. We could almost hear the intake of breath from the audience as they seemed to be enjoying our sensations as much as we were.

There was no acting. We both came strongly. I held her ass tightly with my hands as I felt myself spurting over and over deep in her, and she was almost shaking with her own orgasm.

The Narrators gave each other their 'high 5' and slowly walked off stage as the lights dimmed, and with a giggle we each realized what we had done. We scrambled for my boxers in the dark, and she grabbed her robe and we made our way off stage following the glowing tape lines to guide us.

I grabbed her quickly in the dark and kissed her.

"We both should get an Obie Award for that performance!"

She smiled, and said that she hoped that this play would have a long run.

JohnGalt8
JohnGalt8
11 Followers