Love of Politics Ch. 02

Story Info
Trying out the golf & convention center together.
11.5k words
4.33
35.4k
5

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 09/07/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jacquioh2
jacquioh2
106 Followers

Copyright June 2005. All rights reserved. May not be copied or published without express written permission from the author. This is a work of fiction. Any similarity to persons living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Chapter 02 -- 1991 A Political Junkie Finds Sexuality

Thinking it over – Home and Hearth

"You were great last night, you sexy devil!" His-fresh shaved face nuzzled my ear and I smiled without opening my eyes. "I gave them their cereal, so you can sleep in for half an hour."

David lingered and fondled my bare breasts while he nuzzled my neck.

"Thanks. I'm almost awake," I said. "You're a brute. Just look at the state you left me in."

He laughed with self-congratulating pleasure. "I gotta go, see you tonight!"

I sat up and then realized how accurate my description had been. David's cum slipped down my leg as I stood up and hurried to the bathroom, one hand trying to keep the flow from spotting the soft yellow carpet of our bedroom.

Cathy was at the door to catch her mommy darting across the room with wilted nightgown pressed between her legs and boobs bouncing gaily before her.

"Good morning honey, Mommy's coming. Just give me a minute."

I got welcome-home hugs and then they told me all the things that happened while I was gone.

A beautiful and welcome silence descended over the house as they ran for the school bus, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I took the pot of coffee and toast onto the terrace, settled into a cushioned chair by the glass table and stared into the rising sun of a beautiful fall day.

With elbows on the table and steaming hot cup clutched with both hands, I began reviewing what I had done.

Well how bad was it? I had leaned on his shoulder most of the drive home. I had enjoyed the male scent of him. I had flirted with him, but that was not out of the ordinary, we all flirt, right? But, ... and it's a big BUT, I had definitely touched him first. Drowsy or not, I touched his cock. What's more I squeezed it and teased him into a state!

I fought to keep the smile off my face. But, I had really, really, teased him into a state! Poor Mark!

The question was whether or not I dared be around him anymore. Assuming that he wants to be around me, that is.

"Wait, wait a minute!" I heard myself saying, what about the fooling around you did?"

"But, .. ... I didn't let him .. .. you know. We didn't actually do it."

When I closed my eyes with guilty pain, I could see Mark's straight, strong cock jutting through my fingers and the soft warm cream flowing down over my hand.

"Well, it would have been terribly unfair to leave him without, .. .. you know, to leave him hanging,, .. I mean .. it would have been .. ... cruel," I argued.

The coffee tasted good this morning, I thought idly.

"But you enjoyed it! And besides, you showed him your boobs! You let him FEEL your boobs."

I winced at the memory of how brazenly I had shown them to him.

"And you enjoyed it, girl, you enjoyed him looking at them!"

"Well, he is so charming. So handsome."

"That's no excuse!"

I hate having a conscience. Consciences are always nagging.

"God, but he enjoyed them!" I couldn't resist the smile remembering how excited he was, sitting there looking at my breasts and then the gentle way he fondled them.

My conscience rattled on.

"I wonder if he is sitting with a cup of coffee thinking about my breasts this morning?"

"You're incorrigible! Not only that, you let him put his hand in your panties!"

"Not in! Not exactly in." I complained. "Just a little .. .. just a little finger, actually."

My Rationale -

Throughout the day, the argument continued.

By afternoon, my decision was still not clear, but I had decided to let things run as they were. Mark and I saw each other rarely except for political meetings and they were not frequent, except in election years. We had few close friends in common, so we would not likely be thrown together more often than in the past. We both had agreed that we did not want sex to ruin a good friendship and that both of us were clearly devoted to our families.

"Why can we not enjoy the friendship and even some intimacy if it was not overdone?" I argued, out loud.

We both had plenty of energy. No one at home would be short-changed by anything we were likely to do. And besides, we would both always be involved in political activities, so much time was going to be spent away from family anyway. David had his own separate hobbies and pastimes that did not include me; this was my pastime! I truly loved being around politics and political people.

And so, if neither of us tried to push the friendship into something it could not be, we should be able to have a truly rewarding relationship. Why not? Let's see what develops. I just have to hope that he doesn't push for something more than that.

"You better hope you don't push for something more that that!" I muttered quietly as I watched the school bus stop at the corner. Mick jumped out, coat flying, book pack over one shoulder and ran toward home. Cathy sauntered along behind him, primly feminine, as if she marched to a different drummer entirely.

"Like father like son, and her mother's daughter." I thought with pleasure. "Aren't they beautiful?"

Just then the phone rang.

"Hi, Beth, it's Mark."

I wasn't sure if my heart sank or if it bounded.

"Oh, Hi! Got home all right, then?"

"Yep. Long ride, but awfully good company, I thought!" he said.

"True. I agree. Thanks for .. .. everything."

"Listen, I don't want to keep you. Just wanted to hear your voice tell me that you will manage my campaign again next year?"

"Yes, yes, I thought if over some more, and I think I'd like that, Mark. If you are sure?" We were both fencing. I guess.

"Great! I couldn't be happier. Time flies so we we'll probably need to get together .. .. soon, if that's OK.

"Yes, fine."

"Meanwhile, of course, if anything comes up, questions or anything, you can always give me a call. Anytime."

"Yes, always on the job! Right? I'm glad you called, Mark. And, .. thanks for being such a friend."

"You too, .. .. you too, Beth. Wonderful .. .. being .. with you. Bye, now."

What a relief. Enough of a call to be reassuring; enough to hear each other's voice. And yet just the right touch to reinforce the pleasure. On balance, I was glad that he called. I hoped that it wasn't just that I wanted to be romanced no matter what my resolve was.

Life is not simple, I concluded with another sigh.

First Slip - Alone By Accident, The Perfect Opportunity

In the new year, the fund-raisers became more frequent. Mark's second year in the legislature began and so he was in Lansing for sessions on Tuesday through Thursday. He liked to meet for updates at least every two weeks and so we would meet for coffee or occasionally lunch at various little restaurants.

Each time we were to meet or attend the same meetings, I found myself giving extra time to how i was dressed. At first I would shake my head to the mirror and scold myself for preparing as if it were a date. I eventually gave up and admitted that I couldn't help it.

Panties that had got a bit worn or tattered were not acceptable and I would toss them away and find a pair that were crisp and clean and pretty. I always wore skirts or dresses, because I knew that he liked them. But, for a few months, it was unnecessary because we were doing well at keeping our behavior perfectly businesslike.

It was only myself I was teasing. Feeling all sexy and looking starry-eyed at my handsome hero from across the room. I wore short skirts because he liked seeing my legs. At one fund-raiser I had even gone without a bra under a very fluffy, loose sweater. As I came down the steps of the stage I tripped and Mark caught me. His hand landed on my breast and so I figure he knows I am dressing for him too.

"I remember the feeling -- from my dreams," he whispered later. It sent a shiver down my spine and my panties were moist from his touch and the flirting.

I was looking for a place for a golf outing fund-raiser when spring arrived. A likely spot was a new course opening as a resort and conference center. They would open for the first time in the spring so it would be a new course and it would be good advertising for them. I had been invited to come for a meal to check the place out and bring someone along as a "date." At the last minute, David was called out of town and couldn't go with me, and so I called Mom to sit with them. I'm lucky that she's always willing to stay with her grandchildren.

My cell phone rang and Mark was there asking to set up a coffee meeting. I told him that I was on my way to look over the conference center.

"Really? Well, I'm ahead of schedule. I'd like to see that place. Why don't I meet you?"

So that's how it happened.

I met the manager who showed me around the conference facilities.

"I'm Lisa," she said. "Anything at all I can do, please let me know."

She opened doors on several conference rooms, each different.

"We can accommodate groups of any size, as you can see. Small cozy rooms with fireplaces for committees, medium size with refreshment bars in the back and all the AV equipment in the cabinets in the back."

She strode down the outdoors walkways from building to building. and finally came to a separate lodge at the end of a long walkway. "And this is an example of one of the guest suites. Yours for the night, by the way." I was confused. I had told them I wouldn't stay overnight, but it had seemingly gone unnoticed. I told Lisa that someone else would arrive shortly and want to look around, too.

'Oh, good. I have to leave shortly, though. I'm sorry. Do you think if I gave you keys you could do the tour? Of course any of the staff will be happy to help, but people usually are more comfortable on their own, to discuss the facilities."

"Yes, of course, that's no problem," I replied.

Back at the main lodge, she introduced me to Gene the bartender and Carl, the chef. She said her goodbyes and left me in the little bar off the dining room.

"There is a big gang coming in for dinner. Some company kicking off a training session, So things will liven up soon, I'm afraid," Gene said as he delivered his specialty - a tall, cool, Long Island Iced Tea. I sipped gratefully and relaxed in the soft high stool and thumbed through the material Lisa had left.

"Aha, there you are!." Mark said, putting his hand on my shoulder briefly and then taking a stool. Gene offered a drink and we moved to a table and huddled over the layout of the place. All very businesslike, we were.

"I have keys to everything, so we can see the conference facilities if you want to. Not much to see on the golf course in the dark."

Mark raised his eyebrows and grinned.

"And still too cold for that!" I laughed. The drinks went down like velvet.

"You look pretty, by the way," he said with a sincere smile.

"Thank you galant sir. You always make me feel so good!" I said, my hand on his arm.

We began our tour, me searching the key rings for the right ones and turning lights on as we explored.

The AudioVisual supplies are terrific. Look at this closet. It's like an extra room!

Being in the little room together was too much. We stood close together at last and I looked up at him. His lips nuzzled mine and we just stood still like that for a minute, then parted and he turned and walked out. My nipples were turned on by the kiss and I knew that my panties were already getting moist.

We continued the tour, meeting only a few staff members who offered help or made suggestions.

And finally we went back to the main lodge for dinner. I had not mentioned the suite. It had caught in my throat unspoken. Just thinking about it made my nerves tremble and my knees weaken slightly.

Dinner was in a high ceiling room with huge wood beams and stained glass windows. The big group had arrived and was milling around the dining room having drinks and getting ready for dinner. They had a small combo playing dinner music in one corner of the room and a bar set up in the far end.

"Are you pressed for time Mark, or can we have a leisurely dinner?" I asked.

"Yes, of course. Actually, I'm completely free. Phyllis is out of town for the weekend."

After I caught my breathe, I said, "Ah .. .. Oh, good, two bachelors ... out on the town? I mean, David is away too." I was suddenly a little uncomfortable. And, I knew it was going to be impossible to mention the suite now.

We sipped the wine and talked about the legislative session Mark had just come from. The fun of the political activities had me on a high again and our conversation was lively and fun. The big group gathering in the room went largely unnoticed, we were so engrossed in our own conversation. Mark was alternately amusing and serious. I hardly noticed when his ankle made contact with mine under the table. I answered with a slight pressure of my own and conversation stopped for just a moment as we looked into each other's eyes.

Mark excused himself for a few minutes and I looked around at the business group. It passed through my mind that my husband was in just such a group tonight, in some place just like this. There were more men than women, but quite a few women. I could see the little clusters of men and women flirting, laughing, having a good time. It was impossible not to accept the fact that David was somewhere doing this same flirting. But I had long ago accepted that fact about his life as a salesman and then sales manager.

Mark glanced around the room and sat down again. "Now, enough of this political stuff. How have you been? I think about you often when I don't see you."

They brought rack of lamb and we made eyes at each and let the succulent juices run down our cheeks like one of those Henry the Eighth dinners.

"This is the most relaxed I've been in months. Do you know why?"

"Half a bottle of wine and two of Gene's best drinks?"

"No, because of you. You are the one person I seem able to be completely comfortable talking with."

"Now that's not true, you are the most .. .... .. no, I won't say the obvious. I do happen to know what you mean. It is nice to have someone to talk to. I feel it too. So, I won't boost your ego by telling you how good you are talking to people." I laughed.

"Yeah, well you know what I mean. Some of that's like being onstage and reciting lines."

Dessert was something wild and pretty. Caramel dribbled all over a chocolate construction and berries alongside.

Our waiter arrived with a bottle of Champagne. "This is the best in the house, sir, would you like me to open it now?

"Shall I put it on a room charge? It's 201, isn't it, the Cottage?"

I looked into Mark's eyes and replied, "Yes, that's it."

"No, no, this is personal, it's a gift. Don't open it. Here, I'll give you my credit card."

Turning to me, he held the bottle out to me with a smile. "I hope it's all right. I want you to have a reminder on your bookshelf or someplace."

"A reminder?" I asked, taking the bottle and staring at it.

"You don't remember? You said our friendship would be like a bottle of champagne that you save to open for special occasions? On the way back from convention."

"Oh, sorry, Mark. Yes, I remember, it was beautiful! And thank you. I'll put it away. Such a nice way to remember; do you have a pen? I want to put the date on it."

"The date of the convention, then, Beth. I'll always remember it. September 9, 1990." Mark wrote on the label and handed it back. I leaned across and kissed his cheek.

"He said you had a room?" Mark finally said. It had clearly just dawned on him. Or was he embarrassed.

I stared across the candles and watched the candlelight flicker on his face for a long minute.

A shiver ran down my spine. "Yes. .. I .. told them I wouldn't need one, .. .. but they forgot .. .. but then, when they handed me the key, .. ... I didn't .. .. I kept it."

Our ankles pressed together more tightly. Mark leaned his elbows on the table and looked into my eyes.

"Does that mean that we need to make a decision?" He looked at me, a question on his face.

I nodded slowly and his eyes melted mine.

After a long time he asked. "And have you decided?"

"Yes?" I said, with a question in my voice.

His smile answered the question.

Maybe we could have one dance? he said. We could hold each other close on the dance floor without causing a scene. As we swayed with the music, neither of us said anything for a minute. Then I felt his lips kiss my ear through my hair.

"Wonderful," he said quietly.

'Do you think?" I replied and nodded against his shoulder.

He pressed my body tightly against his and I pressed my thigh between his. We rocked back and forth together feeling the heat between our bodies. I thought I could feel him getting hard already.

"Yes, wonderful. You're wonderful!" His lips nibbled at my hair.

We returned to the table and had trouble with small talk. Just touching under the table.

"Why don't we sign the check, then?"

I smiled at his eagerness, and nodded.

"Sorry," he grinned, "but it's true, I . . really ... can't wait. Sorry." He laughed and looked skyward.

"I'd let you feel my heart pounding, but I'm afraid it would cause a scene. I'm exited too.'

We thanked the waiter and signed the ticket.

"I should go out the front door and move my car. Shall I come back .. .."

"I'll go to the suite. You can walk over from the car park." I slipped one of the key cards into his hand and squeezed it. "'Ill be waiting."

We parted and I strolled across the boardwalks to the suite, alone, deep in thought.

The Suite - Preparing The Scene

My heart rate must have been about the level of a marathon runner. I was about to have my first extramarital affair. I don't know what others feel when they take this step, but I was scared and tense. I slowed my walk, almost stopping, and thought it over once again. But, I decided that I wanted this. What I didn't want was to have it turn out badly, to feel cheap and tawdry. I began to focus on what I could do to make it as perfect as possible. I wanted it to be a thrill and to be beautiful. I wanted the earth. That made me smile; it was too close to that old saying about having the earth MOVE! I giggled and felt a little naive.

I wished that I had take off a couple more pounds. And thought of the imperfections of my body, that a new person, a new man was about to see. My god, I'm going to be naked with someone other than David!

"Maybe he'll chicken out!" I heard myself say as I fumbled the key card in backwards and got a red light. I turned it and got the green light. I pushed the door in with relief. I hurried into the bathroom to make myself over. How did I want to appear? Undress and hope there was a robe. Leave my clothes on. Would David prefer to undress me, or have me spring on the scene nude? Besides, I wanted Mark to undress me himself. I wanted to see that excitement in his eyes again, the way he looked at my breasts on the drive home from the convention.

"Ah, well, there's no way I can get my nerve up to do that anyway."

I took off my pantyhose and piled them on the vanity, leaving them like a little cloud of femininity that men can't resist. Pantyhose may look tacky hanging around the bathroom to dry, but puffed up and warm from a woman's body was sexy and exciting to men. I'm not sure why exactly, but who am I to argue?

Then I began thinking that he had changed his mind. I paced. I examined the fruit basket the manager had sent and a second bottle of champagne also from the manager. I found some candles and lighted four of them, two in the sitting room two in the bedroom.

The room was decorated in muted fall colors with splashes of orange as accent. There was a tiny kitchen and two soft fluffy loose pillow sofas an easy chair and a TV. Soft music was coming from the TV, but no picture was on.

jacquioh2
jacquioh2
106 Followers