Love On the Run Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
madam_noe
madam_noe
1,844 Followers

"Yes, deep inside you. And you have no idea? In all those nights after your mother died you spent alone with that creep Juarez, he never told you?"

She tried not to think of that time in her life. Her stepfather had always been a creep. After leading her mother down a dark path of drug addiction that led to her death, he had started giving her very unfatherly looks, trying to "accidentally" walk in the bathroom.

"He didn't tell, he ordered."

"Didn't you ever wonder why he was so keen to have you?"

"All I know is he was a creep rapist, the lowest of the low," she gave the goon on the outside door a hard look as she said the last.

"No, there's a prize in whoever claims you."

"Claims me?" Rage filled her. "I am a human being, not some fucking prize."

He stood and the knife caressed her cheek, forcing her to keep still as the sharp blade slid along her skin. "Yes, you are. Diego wants you very badly."

"Diego has been trying to kill me. He sent three assassins after me and I sent them back in body bags."

"Did you really think Diego sent killers after you? Stupid girl," the linebacker said laughingly, and the goons laughed with her.

"Yes," Jessie ground out.

"Those men you killed didn't belong to Diego. They belonged to Salazar."

"Who?" She was honestly clueless, and again they laughed. For some reason that caustic laughter enraged her more than the physical threat of the knife and she jerked her head back. "Who the fuck is Salazar?!"

"Jesus Salazar, the biggest drug lord supplying the west coast."

"I've never met the man, why would he want me dead?"

The knife withdrew but the linebacker's eyes glittered. "Because your stupid stepfather was a rat. He worked for Salazar who put him into Diego's organization as a spy. So when you thought you killed Diego's man, you killed Salazar."

Her head was spinning. "Just tell me what the hell this about!"

"Stupid cunt," one of the goons muttered.

"If you're going to hurt me, hurt me. If it's story time, tell me what's going on. Just stop the games!"

The knife returned in a flash and Jessie realized her mistake. The linebacker loomed over her, eyes glittering coldly. "Story time then, but one more word out of your mother and I will cut these clothes off you and let Gianni shove whatever he likes into your stupid twat. Understand?"

Shuddering Jessie slowly nodded. The knife lingered a little longer and she felt a hot prick, then blood trailed slowly down her cheek as they all laughed. Finally the linebacker sat back down and the way he looked at the knife made her think he would lick the blood off, but he just set it down on the bumper of the car.

"Your mother was quite the slut, it seems. She used to belong to Salazar, but she left for love. How touching. She had you, but she knew the penalty for leaving Salazar was that you were his property. She tried to hide you, but then your daddy died, and Salazar found you. He's smart, and he sent Jimmy Juarez to keep you safe.

"See, turf wars keep cropping up. Gangs distribute here, but the two main suppliers have always been Salazar and Diego. Imagine what they could do if they combined forces? Salazar has no children, no woman he could trust. So he promised you to Diego. Do you follow?"

Jessie shook her head, lost. "Salazar, my dear, is your uncle. This means you're his heir, but everyone knows a stupid cunt can't run an organization. So whatever man you squat out a son for gets the entire west coast. If that man was Diego, two empires become one. Jimmy was supposed to be the only one who knew, but he liked to talk when he sampled product. Johnny Bones found out and that was why they argued the night you shot Jimmy. Johnny wanted you too.

"Then you had to go and kill Jimmy and take off. The problem is what was with that cash. It was the contract. Jimmy was to keep you safe until Diego collected you. Unlike your scum stepfather, Diego likes his women grown up. He wasn't planning to collect you until after college."

Her head swam, and some things she had always wondered about made sense. Her entire life on the run came from killing Jimmy after he attacked her. The argument had started when he found out she'd lost her virginity to Henry. No wonder. She almost laughed at the thought of Henry, good, honorable grown boy scout that he was, inheriting a multi-billion dollar drug empire.

"It's good to know you haven't had any kids yet. But take heart, I won't let Gianni rape you in any way that could get you pregnant."

Her heart shriveled in terror. "W-why?"

The linebacker stood. "Because whoever knocks you up gets the prize. All we have to do is find that contract guaranteeing it, and then that honor is mine."

She cried out and jerked so hard the chair fell back, landing on her bound hands. Jessie screamed in pain and suddenly one of the goons was smothering her, cutting off the noise.

Her mind raced, desperate to stall. "I know where the contract is!"

"Lift her up," she heard the linebacker say.

They did and the sharp pain in her left wrist told it was sprained, possibly broken. A tear slid out.

"Where?" He asked almost silkily as the knife danced across her throat.

"If I tell you, swear to me you won't let them touch me. J-just y-you."

He smiled as if he knew saying that made her skin crawl. "I do prefer to do my own cutting. They'll video tape it, of course. But I want nothing out of you other than a son. The moment you're pregnant and the sex is confirmed, you'll be their toy. And when you give birth, I'll let them kill you."

Nausea roiled through her and she fought not to vomit. Time, it's time. It's nine months or more to escape. And stalling now means Julian can find you.. "Johnny Bones has it."

"If you're lying, I will make sure you regret it." She felt the knife again and more blood.

"I- I swear it's true. He told me he had the money, he knew where Jimmy liked to hide things."

"You two, go and get the contract from Johnny. Gianni, stay here. Put her in the cage for now. I have some calls to make."

Oh, god, Julian, please come was her last thought before hands wrapped around her throat and began to squeeze hard.

***

Julian felt a rising sense of panic as he stood by the wrecked BMW. Officer Bill Davis, a friend of his on the Miami PD, stood next to him. "So you lost a witness."

"And a rat. The agent guarding her is working for the very man we're trying to take down."

"Witnesses say she ran, we'll find her. I shouldn't be doing this, but she left a phone. Dropped it six blocks from here, witnesses said it was Soto." Davis looked askance at the other uniforms and slipped the cell phone to his hand. "It's yours."

"Call me the minute Soto turns up."

Davis smiled. "Get out of here, see if the call list gets you anything. I'll call you right away."

Julian jogged back to his car. The phone was a cheap model, the kind he knew was prepaid and disposable. There was only one number incoming and outgoing, and he called it.

"Yo, bitch, I told you, we got her, the old man has her. We're goin' after Johnny Bones now. And I ain't givin' you a ride. Hurry yo' ass up." And with that, the stranger hung up.

Finally it was time to bring Klein in. Julian was lost, literally and figuratively. His agent picked up on the third ring and once Julian made sure he was alone he brought Klein up to speed.

"Well, I can get you Bones' address, but he's not there. See...we lost him."

Counting to ten Julian resisted screaming at him but he did curse him out.

"Nice, man, I speak Spanish too so I know what you said. Something interesting happened. That lawyer of Jessie's, Henry whatshisname kept calling every five minutes. Then, right before Johnny lot his tail he stopped calling and won't answer his phone."

"Got it."

"You want me to send some agents to his place?"

"Delay it for an hour. I'm going there now. If I find those thugs that took Jessie I want an hour with them alone."

Klein was silent for a long moment and then sighed. "Women are nothing but trouble. This could get you kicked out for good."

"I don't care, Klein. I just want her safe."

Another pause greeted those words, then Klein laughed. "You really mean it? This chick is more important than your career?"

Thinking for a moment, Julian realized that was right. 'We'll talk about it later. Give me one hour."

"I can't do more than that. And if you go down, you go down alone."

"Understood. Thanks, Klein. Later."

He hung up and called the switchboard to get the lawyer's address. No matter how much it pissed him off, he knew he wasn't the only man that loved Jessie, and he could only imagine what Henry was doing if he had Johnny bones all to himself.

He broke nearly every traffic law getting to the large house on the beach, trembling all the way. If Diego's men had Jessie, it was a miracle she wasn't dead. The only thing keeping her alive was whatever information Jimmy had stashed with the money that apparently Johnny Bones had.

Whatever Henry had done to Bones, he prayed the man was alive.

Screeching to a halt Julian jumped from his car and drew his weapon. Something about the house seemed ominous and when he hit the door it had already been forced open.

"Henry!?"

"In here," came the voice, nearly a whisper.

Julian followed the voice to a formal living room the size of an apartment. What he saw chilled his bones. Henry stood there, a gun naked in his hand. The floor was covered with violence.

Laying in a growing pool of blood were two bodies. One he recognized and a flash of sadness hit him before grim satisfaction as he looked at Soto's face. The other he didn't recognize at first but once he saw the tattoos he knew it was Johnny Bones.

"I saw him," Henry said in shock. "I knew something was wrong when nobody told me anything. I saw him and I grabbed him. He told me, told me everything, and then she broke in. I didn't understand at first. She was babbling about Johnny knowing something. Then he began shouting, they pulled guns...she shot him. She would have shot me but i- I got Johnny's gun. I killed her, Julian."

"Henry, put down the gun." Julian leveled his, just in case. In the chock of a first kill, there was never any way of knowing what a civilian might do in panic. "You didn't mean to. Put the gun down."

Henry's eyes swung to him finally. "That's the thing. Johnny told me everything. Jessie's uncle is some guy named Salazar."

Julian's blood chilled. "Jesus fucking Christ."

Nodding Henry shivered. "Jessie was supposed to marry Diego, like some fucking third world bride. This scum wanted her. And I found out Soto was working for Diego. Then Johnny started talking about a double cross, they argued, and killed her. I heard what Soto was planning, and I killed her, and I liked it."

"Damn it, Henry, just put the gun down and talk to me. Tell me the rest, but put the gun down."

At long last the lawyer shook his head and stared down at the gun as if realizing he still held it for the first time. He set it on a side table and when he stepped back Julian holstered his own piece.

"Julian, she was going to double cross Diego and give her to the man she was really working for, the asshole who set today up."

"Who?"

"I love her, but I want her to be happy. I was just so...enraged, I had to kill Soto. But him? You can kill him. I just want Jessie free, safe, and happy."

"Who, Goddamnit? Who has Jessie?"

"George Beaumont."

"But that's impossible!" Julian's head swam. George, the man who had sent him into the field to find Jessie, the man who had mentored him in the DEA. The last man he'd ever suspect of being a rat.

And his boss had Jessie.

Chapter Fifteen

Jessie woke to blackness. Reaching up, her face was not covered, but she felt the two small cuts and dried blood. Turning her head she realized she was in an actual cage, like something from an old movie. The bars were thick, melded to the floor which she lay crumpled on.

Beyond was a bedroom, small and bare. The windows were high and bricked over, the walls white. The overhead light was on and the carpet was filthy. She was in a basement of whatever house they had taken her to. Lightheaded she swallowed and her throat ached. Gianni the goon had choked her unconscious and they had moved her. Her hands and feet were unbound, but as she searched for any weakness in the cage there was none.

Everything was welded tight but the door and it was held by locks on three sides with thick padlocks. The hinges on the final side were huge and solid, no give. There was a small door-within-a-door like a doggy door, but just three inches high and twelve across. Probably meant to pass food, there were deep grooves in front of it as if someone had spent hundreds of hours trying to wear the metal down. The food door had been replaced, the old one probably thrown out when the last occupant had died.

Just who was the linebacker? If everything he said was true she knew she was in for hell. But her mother, sister to a drug lord? Jessie got her light eyes and blonde hair from her mother who had been just as pale. There was no way her maiden name was Salazar, hell it was supposed to be Peterson.

Laying back Jessie closed her eyes. By now Julian had to know she and Soto were missing. He was smart, he'd find her. God, she just wanted it to be over. Diego, Salazar...she didn't care. All she wanted was to go into protective custody with the Marshal service, dye her hair, change her name, and move somewhere where no one would ever find her.

Even then, she couldn't stop thinking of Julian. Damn it, she loved him, truly she did. There had to be some way she could talk him into joining her on the run. She didn't want to live with him but she couldn't live with the risk of anything like this happening again.

The door opened and Jessie scrambled to sit up, backing against the far corner of the cage as Gianni came in, whistling. The way he looked at her made her flesh crawl as his brown eyes fairly glowed with madness, lust, and violent intent.

Instinctually Jessie tried to make herself smaller, drawing her knees to her chest she hugged them and buried her head against the roughness of her denim clad legs.

"Boss stepped out for a moment, leavin' us alone, girlie."

Jessie made no comment. The linebacker had left, meaning as far as she knew there was just her and the rapist. If she could lure him closer, make him open the cage, perhaps she had a shot.

She thought on all the advice ever given to her in her life on how to avoid being raped, and pondered the opposite. Look afraid. Don't pay attention to the signs. Ignore the feeling in her gut. Don't say no. Make open-ended suggestive comments. Don't struggle or fight.

In short, fight every instinct I possessed.

"Aw, so shy?" he drawled.

She couldn't form a reply, wondering what the hell she should do, and when he smiled Jessie guessed doing nothing made her look like the perfect victim.

"That's okay. I'll make you scream." He peeled off his shoulder holster and threw it in the far corner, although the gun he tucked in the back of his pants.

"Y-your boss said n-nothing that c-could get m-me..." She couldn't even say it. Pregnant. That was why she was there. It was some kind of awful horror film, but she couldn't press stop, couldn't leave the room, and she didn't know all the plot.

"Oh, there's your sweet little ass. Wouldn't trust your mouth, you seem like a biter."

"I will kill you." Rage made her fear burn off some, and she forgot the victim act. The way he spoke told her he had done this before, many times, and that no other form of sex would ever even come close to filling the black hole he had in place of a soul.

"Oh, little girl, think you can take me? I been workin' for the old man for years, doin' his dirty work. I've killed men twice your size."

"It's easy to shoot someone in the back. Try fighting someone face to face who doesn't fear you."

Gianni smoothed his thin dark hair back and gave her a crooked evil grin. "You fear me, I can smell it."

"You can't smell shit." She stood up straighter. There'd been a flicker of something behind his eyes, doubt. Jessie could probably get him to open the cage to either rape her or strangle her again. It didn't matter as long as he did. Once the door was open she didn't care if it was a gun or a knife in her face, she would launch herself at him and kill Gianni.

He pulled keys from his pocket and twirled them around as he drew nearer. Suddenly he stopped and all expression melted from his face. "You're tryin' to piss me off so I'll open that cage and pull you out. Girl, I didn't get this far bein' that stupid."

"Then good luck trying to rape me."

He cocked his head and an evil grin split his plain face. "Just need you pliant, is all. Ever been Maced?"

Her blood turned to ice. Before she could protest, he left the room.

But in his excitement, Gianni had dropped the keys.

***

"It's done," Julian told Henry.

In the past ten minutes the lawyer's color had returned, his tanned skin no longer looked nearly corpse-pale.

"So they'll believe it?"

"Yeah, I told them Soto broke in after Johnny kidnapped you and they got each other. I said I'm escorting you in but I left the contract. Once Klein gets here he'll start to piece it together. If we want George alone we won't have much time."

"Julian, would it be safer for Jessie if we sent in a team of agents?"

"And have him turn it into a hostage situation? No. The two of us can go in clean. George doesn't think we know anything beyond Jessie is missing. We'll play dumb and take him down. Come on."

Julian lead him out towards his car as another screeched to a halt. With instincts honed from wartime service and years in the field Julian dove down and dragged Henry with him, though the other man was already moving.

Shots rang out and Julian guessed Soto's friends were there. "Stay down!"

Henry did as he ordered, and Julian returned fire.

***

"Shit." Jessie felt her panic grow. The keys were an inch past her furthest stretch. She tried to wiggle her shoulder between bars and the pain was excruciating, but it was not enough.

Outside the room there came the sounds of Gianni throwing things around. Something metal and hollow clanked on a hard surface and then came the sound of papers shifting and falling.

She pressed and her fingernails brushed against the keys, but pushed them slightly away. It took all she had not to scream or cry. Jessie just bit her lip and tried again, praying to every god ever worshipped.

"Come on, Jessie," she told herself. "One good on the house, keys right there. He can't find the damn Mace. It's now or never. One guy, you've taken them before. One on one you have a shot. But first you need the damn key."

Suddenly she heard the scariest possible sound from outside the room. Jessie heard silence.

***

"You realize that the neighbors will force me to sell my house."

"Why does a guy who lives alone need all that room?" Julian asked as he sped towards his boss' home.

"It was the home I grew up in. I guess I'd hoped to fill it with a family some day."

Julian had no response to that but anger. He knew it was irrational, but knowing how Henry felt about Jessie made him see red. Use it, use it for when you see George he told himself as he gripped the wheel tight.

He made the turns automatically. George had been one of the field guys when Julian had first started. They'd worked together for a while, mentor and mentee, and then George had taken a promotion after a bullet had rendered him useless in the field. His promotion to direct supervisor was fairly recent.

madam_noe
madam_noe
1,844 Followers