Love Really Sucks

Story Info
Her boyfriend just dropped her.
1.9k words
3.47
18.4k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My name is Steven. I graduated high school early, so I just turned 18 recently and am already a college student. I live with my mother and brother in New York. In the morning and early afternoon I go to my classes, then after that I go to work in an after-school program at the elementary school where my mom works.

One day when I got out of my last class I was going home to drop off my stuff before going to work. On the way I bumped into a girl about the same age as I am. She was crying, so after I helped her up I asked her if she was ok.

"None of your fucking business," she replied.

"Damn, I was just asking." I started to walk away when she apologized. I stopped walking, turned back around, and asked her again if she was ok.

"Not really, my boyfriend just dumped me." She replied.

"Why?"

"Because I'm not ready to have sex yet and he's tired of waiting."

"So he dumped you? That's stupid. In that case I don't see why you're crying, he sounds like a jackass to me. He's stupid too for dumping such a beau-, uh, a girl like you."

"I don't know, maybe I should have just had sex with him then we would still be together."

"Did you want to?" I asked.

"No, but..."

"But nothing, you didn't want to have sex so you didn't and got dumped for it by an idiot. Big deal, I bet you can easily get ten guys to ask you out in about two minutes." I said, and saw her smile a little.

"At least you don't have my problem in that area of life." She looked at me with a confused expression and asked, "What problem?"

"Just that I'm eighteen, still a virgin, never had a girlfriend, and have to make sure no guys ever find out. Otherwise I'll have to kick someone's ass just so everyone will know what I'll do if they give me any hell about it."

She looked at me in amazement. "You're serious?"

"Yeah, why would anyone lie about something like that?"

"I guess no one would lie about that," she agreed.

I looked at my cell phone to check the time and realized that there would be no way for me to go home and still get to work on time. I decided to hurry and get to work before I was late.

"I gotta go or I'm gonna be late for work." I then started quickly walking away, but turned around and, walking backwards, yelled back at her. "Remember, ten guys in two minutes!" Then I turned back around and began running to work, just barely making it on time.

....................

After three hours it was time for the kids to be picked up. While waiting for all of them to leave so I could go as well I saw the little girl named Amy was still there when she is usually one of the first to get picked up. I went over and asked her what she was still doing there.

"I don't know. My sister is supposed to pick me up, but she's probably with her stupid boyfriend and forgot." Just then Amy's sister came to get her.

"You only forgot because were with your stupid boyfriend." Amy said as her sister walked towards her.

"We broke up, so I didn't forget because I was with him."

"Then why are you late?"

"None of....."

I didn't see who Amy's sister was at first because I was facing the other way talking to my boss. When I turned around I saw that Amy's sister was the girl I had bumped into earlier that day. She had stopped talking mid-sentence when she saw me. A smile spread across her face before she asked me what I was doing there.

"I work here. And since you were talking to Amy I'm guessing you're the sister with the stupid boyfriend that she was talking about."

"I guess so, except now it's ex-boyfriend as you already know." She smiled. "By the way, what's your name? You never told me before you left."

"I'm Steven, you?"

"I'm Jennifer. And thanks for cheering me up earlier."

"Don't worry about it, it's no big deal."

"Come on Jennifer, I wanna go home." Amy said.

"Bye Steven." they both said.

"Bye." Jennifer and her sister Amy turned to leave, but not before I noticed that Jennifer had a big smile on her face.

....................

For the next week and a half instead of Amy's mother picking her up like always her sister picked her up instead. I never thought anything about it until one day when Amy told me that she heard her sister telling her friend that she likes me. She'd been picking her up every day so she could see me, but hasn't said anything because she's a little nervous about what I might say. As soon as she finished telling me, Jennifer showed up to take her sister home.

"So you keep picking her up just to see me?" I said with a smirk.

"What?!"

"You should make sure Amy's not listening when you're talking about things you don't want her to hear."

"Amy, you nosy big mouth!"

"What?" cried Amy. "He likes you too! He told me!"

"Really?" she asked, turning to me and smiling.

"Yeah, I just never told you because I have no experience when it comes to girls."

"Ask her out!" Giggled Amy.

"Will it get you to stop being such a big mouth?" her sister asked.

"Maybe."

I looked at Jennifer. "I don't know how to do this so I'll just ask you. Wanna go out with me tomorrow?"

"Yeah, come by my house at two."

"Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow."

....................

The next day was Saturday, so I went to her house at two like she said. When I arrived she told me that her mother left her to watch her sister and we could go out another time if I would rather. But I said it was fine and we could just go to the park since she has to watch her sister. So we all went to the park where Amy played in the playground and Jennifer and I talked, joked around, and just got to know each other. We were together for five hours before they had to get home because her sister was getting tired and I walked her to her door.

When we got to her house I said, "I like you, but I don't know if things would work out if we became a couple."

"Why not?" she asked.

"Well first because I don't know a damn thing about being a couple. Plus with class, assignments and work we might not see each other except when you pick up Amy."

"I know all that, but I like you more than I've liked anyone and I'm willing to give it a try."

"If you're willing to give it a try then so am I." She agreed with me, gave me a kiss, and said goodnight.

....................

The next few months were great. I didn't have many assignments, and the ones I did get were quick to do so every day after work I would spend some time with Jennifer. On weekends we would spend the entire day together, and then talk on the phone even though we were just together.

When March came along I got more and more assignments, which meant that after work I had to go straight home and I couldn't see Jennifer like I used to. We could only spend some time together on the weekends until eventually I got so busy with school and work that we only saw each other when she came to pick up her sister. But we still managed to talk on the phone on a regular basis.

One day she told me that she was tired of not spending any time together. She said she didn't care how much time we spent with each other, she just wanted to be with me outside of work.

"I know, I'm doing everything I can to spend time with you but you just have to relax and wait till I have free time."

"That's hard to do because I've never loved any one as much as I love you."

After she said that she remembered that I thought love doesn't exist and it's just a bunch of crap, so she was worried about what I would say and how I would react. I pretended that I didn't hear what she said and asked her to repeat whatever it was. She just said that it's hard to do, then kissed me goodbye.

....................

The next week I called Jennifer after work and told her that I would be free that weekend. We could spend the entire weekend together going anywhere and doing anything she wanted. We could even start on Friday since I didn't have to work that day. She got really happy and started telling me things she wanted to do, and we spent the entire night just talking.

The next day after work I found out that I had to go on a two-day work retreat on leaving Friday and coming back on Sunday. When I called Jennifer and told her, she was pissed. She didn't even care that I said I would go to her house as soon as I got back and spend the entire day with her no matter how late. When I was trying to calm her down she just hung up on me so I decided to just leave her alone to calm down on her own and I would call her when I got back.

I went on the retreat and instead of having to stay for two days we got to leave after one, so I got back on Saturday afternoon. When I got back I went home to drop off my things then I went over to Jennifer's house. When she answered she was surprised to see me, and I told her that I got back early and I was there to take her out to make up for being too busy lately to spend time with her. She got really happy and apologized for getting so angry before.

"It's ok, don't worry about it." She said. The more I looked at her the more I thought she looked a little sick, so I asked her if she was ok.

"My friend Beth talked me into going to a party with her after you called me, so now I have a pretty bad hangover. I don't even remember anything that happened at the party."

"In that case we should just go out tomorrow when you don't have a hangover and you're feeling better."

"Yeah that's a good idea. I'll see you tomorrow then."

We kissed goodbye and I went home. When I got there I turned on my computer to check my email, and had one from an address I didn't recognize. I opened it up anyway, and when I did all it said was "Your girlfriend is mine." There was a video attached to it, so I opened it and started to watch. What I saw in that video made me so pissed that I wanted to kill somebody.