Love Rides a Chestnut Horse Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hi, baby," he smiled. "Sorry I woke you."

She shook her head, "it's ok. I should get up anyway and make us some dinner."

He shushed her, frowning. "I can make dinner. You stay in bed and I'll bring it up."

Her bright smile was worth the sudden fear he felt as he realized he had no idea what he was going to make. As she rolled back over and drifted off again, he headed downstairs to the kitchen, opening the icebox and looking around. He pulled out some ham and bread, making sandwiches, and heated up last night's potatoes. He put the plates on a tray and added two glasses of milk. Lifting his creation, he walked back up the steps and placed the tray gently on the bed, careful not to spill anything. He glanced at Isabella, still sound asleep on her side of the bed, and carefully reached out to touch her arm.

"Honey, it's time to wake up." He rubbed her arm gently. "C'mon, baby, dinner's ready." He shook her slightly.

Abruptly, she gasped and sat up straight, her eyes wide and unfocused. He put his hands on both her shoulders and tried to pull her attention to him.

"Shh, it's ok baby. I'm here, I'm right here. You're ok. I'm so sorry."

She turned to face him, blinking. Flushed and embarassd, she shook her head. "It's ok, it's nothing. Just a silly dream."

"What was it honey?"

She leaned in and kissed his cheek. "It was nothing, I promise."

He took her hands in his. "No, tell me, baby." He moved over on the bed until he was next to her, pulling the tray with him.

"It was a long time ago and it doesn't matter. I'm fine. Let's just eat ok?" She squeezed his hand, smiling sadly.

"Ok, but I want you to know you can tell me anything." He looked solemnly into her eyes, causing her to smile at his concern. She nodded, kissing his cheek again. He smiled, and then handed her a plate of mashed potatoes and ham on a biscuit.

Looking down, she nodded with approval. "Well, done." She bumped his shoulder with her own.

They sat and ate in silence, curled into one another. Occasionally, they would brush hands, or share kisses or food. When they finished they set their plates on the tray, and the tray on the floor. He smiled and opened his arms to her, and allowed her to curl up in them. She laid her head on his chest, yawning sleepily.

He squeezed her tight. "So, when do you want to get married baby?" He placed a soft kiss on the top of her head as he waited for her answer.

She smiled against his chest. "Soon, I think. Maybe tomorrow while you hunt, I'll go into town and make some arrangements."

"That sounds great, baby." He chuckled, "imagine the looks you'll get."

She shrugged and smiled. "I'm used to them. We've always been thought to be a little eccentric out here."

He held her close. "Just tell them I'm your long lost love."

"I think that's appropriate." She giggled, "I will." As she smiled contently, she once again fell asleep on his chest. Shortly after, he drifted off himself.

12