Love's Harmony Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
simply_cyn
simply_cyn
223 Followers

"You're just so cute when you're pissed," he said, his eyes still sparkling. "It's one of the things I always liked about fighting with you. That and the making up part," he hinted. "Let's make up Jen... just like we used to."

"That's all in the past," she said, taking a step back from him. "You made sure of that."

"You're right," he agreed. "I screwed up. You know me... when I screw up, I screw up big."

"This is beyond screwing up," she argued, her delicate eyebrows raising at him.

Ty ran his hand back over his hair, sighing. "I know. I know. But I love you Jen and that's all that matters."

"It's not all that matters," she argued. "You have to know that it's over between us."

"No, don't say that," he said, reaching out for her. But she shrugged him off.

"Don't..." she said. "It's over. It's been over since the day you left me standing at the altar. Why did you do that?" she suddenly asked. "What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything..." he said, stepping over to her once more but she backed away from him. He stopped, frustrated at what had happened between them and he knew it was only his fault. "It was me... all me." When she just watched him, he said, "These past few months have been hell for me... "

"Good," she replied, giving him a level look.

"I just got cold feet, Jen. It happens to the best of us."

"Why couldn't it have happened before the wedding day, Ty?" she asked, her heart falling out onto the floor. Why was he here... now, doing this to her?

He shrugged, his eyes pleading with hers to forgive him. "I don't know darling. If I could change the hands of time, I would. If there was anything I could do to take that pain and humiliation from you, I would."

She shook her head, determined not to give into him after all this time. She loved Brian and she would be damned if she was going to let her past get in the way of that. "It really doesn't matter now, Ty. It's over and I'm glad." She looked up at him and added, "If it hadn't been for your cruel actions, I wouldn't have met Brian. So, I guess I should really be thanking you."

"You're not really serious about this Brian guy, are you?" he asked, grabbing hold of her arm.

She yanked back on her arm, but to no avail. He just held her tighter to him. "Let go of me!" she said and then looking up into his face, added, "Yes! I am very serious about Brian. Why wouldn't I be?"

"He's in a band, for god's sake!" Ty pointed out as Jennifer's eyebrows shot up at what he was insinuating. "He's just using you while he's on the road. Once y'all land back in Florida, it'll be over Jen. And you'll be hurt once again. I don't want to see that happen to you." His eyes softened as he looked down into her face once again. Damn, if she didn't still entice him! Especially when she was angry, just like she was now!

"You cold-hearted bastard," she hissed, yanking back from him once more. "It's amazing how you can blame Brian for something you did yourself!"

Ty shrugged his broad shoulders, turning his head towards her once more. "I'm just trying to prepare you for what's in store for you if you really believe this can be real for him."

"I don't have to listen to this," she muttered, turning her back on him as she started to walk away.

"Don't walk away from me," he said, grabbing her arm once more. As Jennifer turned by the sheer force of his grasp on her arm, she suddenly saw Brian's body flash in front of her as he tore Ty's grasp from her arm.

"Don't you dare touch her," he warned, placing himself between Ty and Jennifer.

"Brian," she said, reaching out to touch him on the shoulder. He turned to take her into his embrace. "What are you doing here?" she asked, her gaze boring into his. All of a sudden, Ty's accusations against Brian flew back into her mind and she couldn't help but wonder if what he had said was true. As if Brian could read her thoughts, he said, "I love you Jen. I couldn't just leave you out here with this... this," he turned back towards Ty, his angry gaze raking over him. "This jerk!" he finally spat out before turning back to Jennifer.

"Oh, Brian," she said, her arms encircling his neck as she held him close to her.

Suddenly Greg was there once again. "Okay buddy, time's up. Time to leave."

"Jen..." he called out once more, but she couldn't hear him... didn't want to hear him. All she could see and hear was Brian and the love she saw shining from his eyes and she knew at that moment that nothing could separate them... nothing could ever come between them again.

simply_cyn
simply_cyn
223 Followers
12