Loving Silver Eyes Ch. 02

Story Info
Love can never be simple.
3.4k words
4.56
22.5k
9

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/18/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello!!!

Here's the second chapter to the series. Thankyou all for the encouraging comments!! I hope you like this one as well... As usual, rates, votes and comments are a huge huge welcome. My editor is definitely a huge part in this so a biig thank you for him as well.

And before i forget, if you are planning to send comments via e-mail, please mention your e-mail addresses so i can thank you personally for the wonderful reaction!!

Marie

* * *

Ayden

I smelled her before I saw her. As soon as I got around the last corner leading to the tutoring room, I caught a whiff of a new smell. It wasn't like a normal human smell... then I saw her face. She had a faint glow on her skin. Unseen to the human eye and faint, but it was unmistakably there. It was a pearly glow, reminded me of a calm lake on a moonlit night. And then there was her scent, she smelled like the forest. It wasn't her body wash or her shampoo, I would have known. It was her natural smell; it was almost like nature was within her.

It took me a mere 2 seconds to register what was going on in her mind. She was anxious about the exams, she was scared of the equations and she was awestruck at my looks. Well, I'd come across all these emotions before but still, this girl had an immediate control over my thoughts.

In the next hour, I knew everything about her. I could see all her fears, all her worries and everything that made her happy. I knew about every embarrassing moment she had and how bravely she'd faced them. I could see her from the time she was a kid; that is as far as her memory would go. I could see every single blemish on her skin due to her allergy and every single thing made me want to know her better. Every imperfection she felt about herself and her life, I somehow felt this urge to make it perfect for her.

Everyday, her feelings got me more interested in her. She always had mixed feelings about everything from her clothes to her food. And then one day it hit me, the dream she had about me. I could see her dream as clearly as I see the world. Every single thing she felt in that dream, I wanted to make her feel in reality. And then something bugged me. There was this blank part in her memories... like her mind had blocked a part of it. What could it be?

I was restless for days. She haunted my every moment. Even my parents could see my agitation. They could see the reason in my head and I was surprised when they didn't try to stop me. Still, Annabell wasn't so happy about me getting involved with some random girl but she wasn't just any girl. In all these years, no one had ruled my thoughts, ever. I had to talk to her; it was like an irresistible force pulling me towards her. So I called her and set up a dinner together. I had to be with her.

Mayira

I took a deep breath as I unconsciously clutched my locket. There was nothing special about the locket. It was a blue-green sphere with hints of reds and browns. A swirl of delicate gold tendrils wrapped around it. The tendrils bunched into a thicker band at the point where it hung from the gold chain and on the band, there was a cursive 'M' which was for my name. After a moment I spoke.

"Enough about me. Tell me about yourself."

"Well, there are four members in my family. You know my sister Annabell. Then there's my mom and dad. Dad's a business man and his business in centered in Europe. We came back here because dad wanted to be close to his roots. There is one more person, Hidie. My parents sort of let her live with us. We're not siblings, but I regard her as a sister."

I sat there, listening to him talk about himself and I almost felt like I'd get lost in his eyes. They were so deep, so strange and yet so beautiful.

"Maybe we should do this more often." His voice brought me out of my reverie. I nodded my head in agreement. I enjoyed his company; actually I was getting addicted to him. Something tugged in my head about how impossible it was for someone like him to be real, but still I craved for his company.

* * *

I felt a tugging at my sleeve and my mind shot right into attention. Oh no, I was doing it again, day dreaming. I glanced at Amy and she was giving me an I-know-you're-hiding-something look. I turned to look at our teacher at the front of the room. Darn the nomenclatures I thought as I took notes. I puffed at the strand of hair that had fallen over my eyes in frustration.

C5H4N-3-CO2H = pyridine-3-carboxylic acid = niacin = vitamin B3

Why the hell couldn't it just be vitamin B? That would have made things much easier. Carbon counting, OK, I could handle that, but from where hell did 'pyridine-3-whatnot' come from? Concentrate concentrate concentrate... I chanted as I held my locket and started 'nomenclating' the other carbon structures.

And then, like I needed more distraction, I felt his gaze on me again. I turned my head to my right and I saw him looking at me like I was a comedy movie. I narrowed my eyes and moved my hand to show him I'd slit his neck off and his silent laughter just grew in intensity. I was comfortable enough with him to actually threaten him about something like that... not that I would ever try that. I'd have my lips there rather than a knife... I shook my head. I knew I was going insane.

There was no chance I was going to move my eyes from my teacher today. Concentrate.

* * *

"Comm'on, spit it out!!" Amy said, giving me a mischievous smile.

"Spit what out? I haven't even started eating yet." I replied trying to be funny and pointing at my untouched burger. I had been dreading this moment since our chemistry class but she hadn't had time to ask me.

"You know what I'm talking about. Ayden Castellan. Comm'on I need to know." She said impatiently, like it was the juiciest gossip topic of all times. God I hated gossiping. "You guys are going out, right?" she added

Yeah yeah we were going out. It had been more than a month since we first talked. Why should I deny when I was head over heels in love with him? I mean, I didn't even have the occasional feelings of doubt anymore. I just knew it was him.

"Yes we are. But it's not official yet. I mean, not officially dating. We usually study together but he hasn't asked me out for a date yet." I replied suddenly feeling uncertain. The 'what if' question started prodding my mind. What if he didn't like me? Or what if he said 'oh no May, I like you just as a friend.' What would I do then? Rejection was something I've always feared. I've never been rejected before... the main reason of me ignoring everything was so that I would not have to face rejection. That was my biggest secret and that was my biggest weakness.

"Are you off into space again?" Amy asked shaking my shoulder. "Don't worry; I'm sure he'll ask you out soon."

All I could do was nod. I hoped he'd do that soon...

Later that day, we made plans to watch a movie- 'Season of the Witch'. It was new and looked interesting so Amy and I decided spending our weekend at my place.

"Here you go." She said handing me the DVD. "I really hope its fun or else I'm gonna bore our asses off."

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Yah right."

"So, do you believe in these things?" she asked again. "I mean witches and warlocks and all."

"Well, it's just a movie so I don't think so. And even if they existed, don't you think we'd have known? I don't think things like these can be hidden."

She nodded at my answer. "But I really wish these things were true. I mean, wouldn't life be exciting if there was magic included?" She was all excited about the idea.

"Ya I guess it would. Now shut up and watch the movie." I said rolling my eyes. Was it really necessary for all of my friends to be so talkative? I wondered what would happen if Lizzy and Amy met each other. Oh God, even the thought made my head spin.

Hmmm... at least Ayden was quiet. He was just the kind of company I liked. Of course my friends were kick-ass entertainers but Ayden was the blissful sanctuary of my life. It was like he understood me even before I spoke my mind.

I wondered what he must be doing at that moment. Maybe he was studying. He was such a smart ass... no wonder he could tutor his class mates and I had to admit, his teaching skills were far better than that of the professors. Or maybe he was reading something. Like me, he loved books.

"Oh my God, did you see that? She pulled the guy up with just one hand... Oh I bet she is a witch. How else can one be so strong?" Amy's gasp caught my attention.

Awesome! The movie was half way over and I was dreaming- again!

* * *

I stretched trying to loosen my muscles and my joints. Sitting in the same position for hours was a pain in the arse- literally. Looking at my watch, I realized it had been 3 hours and I'd just finished revising 2 lessons in Biology. Granny was off to her friends' home for a game bridge and I was really getting bored. I was putting my books away when the phone rang.

"Hey honey! How are you?"

"Mum! I thought you wouldn't be calling until Saturday."

"What do you mean? Aren't I allowed to call my daughter any time I wish?"

I sighed. "No mum, I thought you'd be busy. I know how much you love your work and all."

"But I love my baby girl even more and you should know that. So how are you? How's school going? Have you made any friends? Are you having any difficulties with your studies?"

"Mum-mum I am fine! Yes, I've made friends and school is going fine. Its just been 3 days since we last talked!"

"I just want to make sure you're happy dear. I'm worried about you. I haven't seen you once in these four months and you know skype calls don't count for me."

"Mum, I'm very happy here, I promise. You don't need to worry so much. You just concentrate on your work and come back soon. I miss you too, mum."

"I know honey. So have you decided on a gift for Lizzy? Her birthday's next week, right?"

I slapped my hand on my head. How could I have forgotten about Lizzy's birthday?

"Umm... not yet mum. I'll decide on something soon."

"OK honey. I'll get some money transferred to your account as soon as possible. You know you don't need to worry about money when your mum's here for you. Give her something she'll be thrilled to receive, OK?"

"Yes mum, I'm sure I'll find something glitzy enough." I said with a smile.

"OK honey, I'll hang up now. Tell granny I love her!"

"OK bye mum, love ya!."

I sighed yet again. But as soon as I hung up, the phone rang again.

"Who now..." I muttered reaching for the receiver.

"What's up?" Lizzy's voice buzzed through the phone.

"Hey! How are you?"

"Everything's bad. Actually, this is the worst thing that can happen to me."

"What happened? Is everything OK with you and Mark?" I really hoped she was OK, because she sounded pretty sad.

"Oh Mark ain't the problem. I mean, comm'on, what good is a birthday party when my best friend is miles away from me?"

"Oh, so that's the problem." I tried not to smile.

"How can you still be smiling May? And have you even decided on a gift for me? I am sure you haven't had the time, right?" she was actually having a hard time trying to sound angry.

"Comm'on Lizzy, you know I can't come. I've got tests next week. I am truly sorry babe, but I can't help it. And I promise you, I will make sure that my gift will make you forget about me not being there."

"Zip zip zip. I don't need your gift."

"What do you mean? Are you actually mad at me for..."

"No sweetheart. This time, I'm giving myself a gift. And I am sure it's going to be a lot better than whatever you're planning. You're probably planning on gifting me a Sherlock Holmes book or something." She said cutting me off in mid-sentence.

"No, I wasn't planning on that..." I reasoned, tucking the stray fringe of hair which was too short for my clip to hold.

"Yes I know you and your books. So this year, I'm giving myself a treat- a huge treat, mind you. I am leaving my family and all of my friends and coming to celebrate with you."

"What? Are you serious?" I was shocked. She was a mamma's girl and no way had anyone thought she'd leave her mom to celebrate her birthday with me.

"As serious as I've ever been. We'll be there next Thursday and we meaning me and Mark. No missy, no need to thank me for coming after your test is over. So I want the whole weekend with you. I don't know how you plan it, but I hope its fun. If it's not, you are so dead!"

"Yes ma'am. How would I ever dare and displease you!" I was glad she wasn't mad. I'd never dealt with an angry Lizzy- ever.

I hung up but there was a thing I couldn't decide upon. Was I supposed to tell her about Ayden? a part of me was berating me for hiding things from my bestie but she was always so nagging and I wasn't even sure if Ayden and I were together.

But if she found out from someone else (like Amy), I was doomed. No way she would forgive me. Secrets were equal to some capital offense in her "Rulebook of Friendship". Yes, such a thing did exist.

Oh man, I'd have to talk to Amy about keeping her mouth shut... there goes my impression of being a good friend.

But I had bigger problems to deal with. Next Thursday we had a test on statistics. Today was Wednesday which meant I had only 5 days to revise the previous lessons and 3 days to practice the new lesson that was to be taught on Monday. I was so close to hyperventilating!

* * *

I knew I was dreaming. It was a sunny place and I wasn't hurting so this had to be a dream. It was a sunny island, the clear blue water sparkled under the sun. I could feel the magic of nature, and I could feel his arms around me as we gazed towards the horizon. He held my hand and slowly brought it up to his lips and placed a soft kiss on my palm. I turned to look at him as he placed another kiss on my hair.

"You know, I love your hair. Don't ever think about cutting them short." He whispered into my ears, sending a wave of goosebumps along my skin.

I turned back to look at the beautiful scenery in front of me as he combed his fingers down the length of my hair.

He suddenly turned me so I'd face him.

"I love your eyes too. I wish it would stay the same for eternity so that I could gaze into them every day and never get tired." He slowly bent down so that he could place soft kisses on my eyes.

I grasped his arms tighter as his kiss sent another jolt of current to my core.

One of his hands trailed along my cheek bone towards my lips while the other wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to his hard body.

"And your lips," he continued. "Are like the sweetest of honey. I pray that I have forever to relish their addictive taste."

With that, his lips were on mine, slowly sucking each lip as if he was really relishing the taste. Both of us moaned in unity as out tongues met; his, cold and refreshing against the heat of mine. I loved the contrast but my mind still couldn't register on how someone's tongue could be so cold... not that I cared. His kiss was doing wonders to my body and I wanted his hands to move from around my waist and touch me.

For some reason, my eyes shot open in the middle of the kiss. There was a beautiful woman standing behind him. She was pretty far away from us but I could see that she was really beautiful. She was lithe and pale and she had the same hair as me, only shorter. I tried breaking away from the kiss to ask him who she was but at the same moment, two men dressed in black started dragging her away.

I finally broke away and tried to follow her but my feet wouldn't move. She was terrified and was screaming, but some reason, I couldn't hear her screams. I shouted at the men to let her go.. and I realized I was crying. Maybe it was because she was reaching towards me, as if asking me for help. I turned around to ask him about what was going on but the look in his eyes made me stop. The look could only be described as pain, pain and remorse at the same time. I felt torn between the two; that woman and the man I loved. I tried reaching for the woman and then I felt the sensation of falling.

I sat up with a start and realized I'd fallen off the bed. My body was trembling for some reason. What the hell was the dream about? I was used to having dreams about Ayden but what was this new addition? I looked at the wall-clock and groaned. It was nearly 7 and I'd be late for school if I didn't get ready soon..

* * *

It was pretty late when I got out of the library on Monday. I needed to make some notes for my stats assignment and borrow some chemistry books. It was well after 6 and the parking lot was almost empty. My car was parked at the end of the lot and I wanted to get home to cook but the evening was so beautiful. The sky was clear and colorful. The sun had just set and I could see the last rays turning the sky red. I took a deep breath, inhaling the scents of flowers. I loved nature and right now, I felt like I was a part of it.

Suddenly I felt dizzy. It was like everything was spinning out of control. I heard voices in my head, or was it my ears? I glanced around frantically trying to find the source but the lot was still empty. They got louder, whispers, yells and people talking... I couldn't take it anymore.

I could feel a migraine creep into my head. I've had a fair share of migraines, especially due to the sun. But this was weird because there was no sun in the sky. I wanted to scream for the voices to stop, I covered my ears as the chaos of voices got louder still. My eyes welled up with the pain and fear. I dropped to the ground, curling up in a fetal position trying the best I could to block myself from whatever was happening but it just wouldn't go away.

Finally, my voice broke through and a scream escaped my lungs.