Luke Takes a Wife Ch. 02

Story Info
She struggles with feelings.
1.8k words
4.52
23.7k
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/21/2022
Created 01/07/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kimmi_kis
Kimmi_kis
56 Followers

Thanks for all your kind comments, please keep them coming. I'm not sure right now how long this is going to be but I have tons of ideas. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

*

Luke is stunned throughout her little speech. Suddenly this quiet little creature has turned into a fireball and he can't help but feel his body react to her. Getting to his feet quickly and turning to walk out of the room, knowing if he stays in the same room with her any longer he won't be able to hide his reaction.

Hannah sighs softly, glad that he's leaving but unsure of why she said what she did. Why did she say that when all she can think about is him kissing her.

Luke turns as he reaches the door, looking her over once more...making her feel the heat of his gaze as it touches each inch of her. Lifting his eyes back to hers.

"Hannah, your absolutely right on the first count...you're definitely not a little girl." He grins wickedly. "but as for the second thing....don't count on it."

Hannah sinks down on the bed, wondering once again what she's gotten herself into. Wanting Luke Williams from a small dark corner in a room was a far cry from being so close to him....feeling the heat of his body..

While Hannah is in her room, fretting over her newfound situation...Luke is humming happily as he heads back downstairs to make some phone calls. He hasn't felt this excited in a long time....excited and....relieved.

Luke stops at the back door and pushes open the screen door, looking out to see his boys happily heading out to the barn. He leans against the door jam, catching their voices on the wind. He had never thought, growing up, that he would ever settle down and have kids. Honestly, it had been the last thing he had ever figured he'd do. Then, Jenna had come into his life like a whirlwind and before he knew what was happening she was pregnant with Chance and Lucky. He'd married her then, just like his mama had raised him. After raising him alone, she had instilled in him a strong feeling of responsibility for his actions. Jenna had settled into married life reluctantly, making it clear from the start that she ached for life outside of this small town. She had managed to stick around until just before the twins' first birthday and then she was gone in the night, taking everything she owned with her

Luke turns and walks into his small office and sits down at his desk, looking at the picture of his four children sitting on his desk. Jenna had drifted in and out of his life after that, just long enough to give birth to Cash and then 3 years later to his precious little girl Rainy. He had told her, in no uncertain terms, after she had given birth to Rainy, that if she left again not to come back. He knew, finally, that his children deserved better than a mother that drifted in and out of their lives like a whirlwind.

His thoughts drift to his new nanny/housekeeper/cook...fiery, yet guarded...she was a puzzle. Luke reaches for his phone and dials the number for his old friend Jack, a P.I in Houston. Time to put the pieces of this puzzle together....

The two weeks had passed since signing on to take care of Luke's home and children and Hannah could honestly say this was the happiest and busiest she had ever been. The best part was that Luke had been so busy for the past two weeks that they had barely seen each other. She could almost believe he had forgotten all about her. Almost...only because of the little notes he had been leaving on her door each morning. Each note encouraging and kind in a way that she hadn't known since before her mother's death when she was 8 years old.

Hannah shakes her head as she sits on the bed, braiding her hair. A small smile lighting on her face as she glances down at the drawer in her nightstand where the notes are. The notes are always short...but always so sweet....thoughtful. Hannah sets her face in a stern look as she glances up at the mirror on her dresser...no, she will not think about that. She will not think about how sweet Luke has been to her in the past two weeks....she will not think about the looks he's given her when they've run into each other in the hall....she definitely will not think about the feel of his lips against hers.

Standing up, she looks into the mirror. Today's the day of the trail ride...a whole day spent with Luke. Hannah smoothes her hands over the worn denim of her jeans, making sure the pale pink t-shirt is tucked in. Smiling at her reflection as she tosses her braid over her shoulder and turns and walks out of the room. She stops by the nursery on her way down the hall, only to find Rainy gone from her crib. She takes the stairs two at a time and enters the kitchen, smiling as she sees the boys sitting at the bar arguing over who gets the last cookie.

"Nobody gets it..." Luke sits at the table and watches as Hannah snatches the cookie off the plate and grins at the boys. "....except me, of course." Hannah bites into the double chocolate chip cookie, sighing happily. The boys' groans are cut off immediately as she leans forward and whispers conspiringly, "I'll make more this afternoon, I promise."

"Sometimes you're worse than they are." Hannah jerks around to find Luke sitting at the table holding Rainy against his chest.

Hannah smiles brightly before moving around in the kitchen, gathering ingredients for pancakes, setting everything on the counter even as she feels Luke moving to stand behind her.

Luke sets Rainy down in her playpen and moves across the room quickly, stopping right behind her, his heart pounding so hard he's afraid it'll burst out of his chest. He picks up her braid and lifts it off her neck, lowing his lips and tasting the sweet flesh of her neck.

"You taste delicious." He whispers against her ear. Luke drops his hands down to her hips as he feels her body stiffen. "No." Luke pulls her back hard against him, pressing against the length of her body.

"Luke, don't." Hannah's heart pounding in her chest, the need to run and keep running until Luke Williams becomes nothing more than a memory filling her mind and body. "Please, don't make me...."

He slowly turns her around so that she's facing him and gently eases her back into the corner pantry away from his boys' prying eyes.

"Don't what, Hannah?" Not waiting for her answer, his lips dive down and quickly find hers. His hands still on her hips, pressing her back hard against the wall as his lips close over hers...kissing her deeply, his tongue moving against hers. He pulls back slightly and looks down into her wide eyes. "Don't kiss you, princess?" His head dips again, this time to her neck..his lips clamping down on the tender flesh right above her shoulder and sucking gently even as he feels her squirming in his grasp. "Don't touch you?" His eyes hold hers as his hand slides up her side, his palm brushing lightly over the side of her breast.

Hannah stands frozen against him, unable to believe what's happening. Luke is actually kissing her and....inhaling sharply....and touching her. Oh god, she should stop him. She should make herself stop responding to him. She should....as his lips find hers once more she forgets what she was supposed to stop. She slides her arms around his neck and holds onto him as she feels her nipples hardening against his chest. The feeling of his lower body stiffening as he presses his knee between her legs, causes her to sigh softly.

Damn, I can handle this, Luke thinks to himself but as he feels Hannah's small body responding to him he knows he was lost that day he opened his door to find her standing there looking so scared. He jerks back and lets his hands drop away as he steps back quickly.

Hannah's stunned as Luke moves away from him. For just a minute her fingers clench together, trying to hold onto him, but as she lifts her eyes to his she knows that's impossible. Her hands fall away and she's sliding out from between him and the wall without a word.

"Hannah." Luke presses his hands against the wall and drops his head as she moves away from him.

She quickly wipes the back of her hand across her cheeks as she stumbles away from him. What was her excuse this time? When she was 16, she could excuse her behavior as that of a lovesick kid but now...after almost 4 years of reeling from the first rejection....what was her excuse?

"Hannah." Luke lifts his head and raises his voice as he looks up at her retreating back. Damn...Damn....Damn...how the hell could he make things any worse? He walks back into the kitchen slowly, finding her listening attentively to his boys as they carry on excitedly about the trail ride. He stands and watches as she flips pancakes, glancing over her shoulder every once in the while at the boys.

Rainy starts to cry softly and Hannah quickly moves across the room and picks her up before returning to the stove and flipping the pancakes before they burn. Taking care of her older brothers and father since she was 8 had taught her many things, especially of how to do at least a half a dozen things at one time. Even though she can feel his eyes on her, she keeps her eyes focused on the pancakes in the skillet. Knowing that if she looks up at him, he'll see the tears still brimming in her eyes and there's no way he'll ever know what his rejection did to her. Holding Rainy against her hip, she quickly gives the lasts of the pancakes a final flip before putting them on the plates. She passes the plates onto the bar, in front of the boys.

"Eat up, fellas...you've got a big day today." Hannah grins at the boys before grabbing a jar of homemade babyfood from the shelf and carrying it and Rainy to the table. Putting the little doll into her highchair and sitting down to feed her, still not looking at Luke.

Luke feels his stomach tightening as she continues to ignore him. Finally, unable to stand it anymore, he walks over and grips her upper arm tightly, pulling her to her feet.

"We need to talk....NOW." Luke pulls her out the kitchen door and out onto the porch.

Kimmi_kis
Kimmi_kis
56 Followers