Lunar Dance Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sensanin
sensanin
535 Followers

"I- I have to go. I'm sorry. I'll call you when I get back." Kayla pushed past Matt and his family, taking off at break neck speed to Jozlyn's house.

Matt stared after her for a long moment, watching her race down the block and around the corner, his fists clenched and unclenched. Clarisse, put her hand on her son's shoulder, in a show if affection. "Matt we have to-" she began, but Matt ruthlessly cut her off, " I know."

Walking into him home, Matt held the door open. His sister rushed passed him and upstairs, everyone scattering, getting ready.

Kayla's scent was everywhere, she filled every corner of his house teasing him. Before he could think better of it, Matt turned and slammed his fist into the nearest wall, clear to the other side. The pain was excoriating, but he barely felt it, as the bones began to reshape and meld together, the skin knitting tightly over it.

Matt watched the healing process thinking: Two weeks ago had been simple, his life had been simple, his desire had been simple, but now that had all changed. Now nothing was simple, every single second mattered, every single moment was precious. He had thought his desire for Kayla had been insane, now it was uncontrollable. ______________

Demir steeled himself before he walked into the formal reception room. His mother must have been really upset, to call him to this room. She met dignitaries and royals, in this room, which meant at this moment she thought of him as an outsider. Never a good sign.

Pushing the doors open, Demir strolled into the room with much more ease than he felt. The queen, Veronica, sat on her throne, back straight staring daggers at him. Her face remained impassive but her eyes shone her extreme displeasure.

"Prince Jacob," she began. Internally Demir winced; she never called him by his first name unless he was in a shit load of trouble. "Might I introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Phillips, Jozlyn's parents." Veronica's voice was clipped and sharp, her eyes narrowed.

Demir's eye brow lifted in mock surprise, but inside he was churning. Jozlyn had passed out in the car, after their impromptu rut. Demir had used the time to calm himself, making sure he looked 100% human before he left the car. Thankfully his coat hadn't been ruined in their frenzied mating, so he had covered Jozlyn with it, pulled on his pants even though the zipper had been broken, and gotten out of the car. Surprisingly enough no staff had been present, as he made his way to his bedroom, it had seemed that everyone had disappeared.

Demir had made it to his suites without eyes ever touching Jozlyn or himself. Making his way to his bedroom, he had tucked Jozlyn into the bed, watching her for a moment as she lay dead to the world. Penning her a quick note, Demir had changed into something more appropriate, then left his suites to seek his mother out. It had been Marshalls, who had stopped him and told him to go to the formal reception room.

Anger, confusion, and worry warred for supremacy in the large rooms. Demir turned to Jozlyn's parents, sketching them a practiced bow, "A pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. and Mrs. Phillips. A shame we could not have met sooner and under less... strenuous circumstances." Demir said with an easy going smile. Movement behind the couple caught his attention, "Ah, Kayla was it? Nice to see you again." Demir tried hard to lessen the tension in the room, but it was near palpable.

"Jacob dear," Veronica began in her most authoritative voice. "Would you bring out Jozlyn? I'm sure her parents would like to see her." Demir turned back to him mother, slowly striding over to her. It gave him the time he needed to think of an appropriate response. What could he say? I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Phillips, but Jozlyn is laying in my bed passed out from our impromptu fucking in the back seat of my car? That would go over swell.

Reaching his mother, Demir bent down to kiss her cheek, smiling as he addressed her. Demir was about to begin when someone started before him. "I'm right here," Jozlyn said quietly. Everyone's head whipped around as Jozlyn stood framedin the doorway, wearing a light peach day dress.

I bought that for her, Demir thought possessively. He had seen it in a store shop window just a few days before and had immediately bought it for her, hoping it would fit. His imagination couldn't do it justice, Jozlyn looked like a wet dream in it. His wet dream.

Veronica stood, shoving past her son, as everyone but Demir, rushed to hug her, her parents checking her for any signed of trauma. Jozlyn glanced up at Demir, but he hadn't moved from his stance near his mother's throne. In fact he relaxed a bit, moving to sit in his own seat, content to watch her.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Jozlyn's mother asked checking her. Jozlyn had artfully arranged her hair to cover the bite marks on her neck. The dress was high enough to cover any other bruises he might have left on her.

"I'm fine mother. Really, I'm fine", Jozlyn said smiling at her family and best friend.

As Veronica reached Jozlyn she sniffed the air, once, twice. Whipping her head around she screamed into Demir's mind, you marked her! Veronica's eyes glowed a luminescent purple as her wolf got closer to the surface.

Instantly Demir had a headache, and his wolf was on edge. Veronica looked as though she might tear his throat out. I had no choice, Demir said it simply in her mind, letting her hear the sincerity in his voice. She is my mate.

Veronica didn't care who she was, he had crossed a line. She was about to regale him with all the horrible things she was going to do for his punishment, when he held out his hand. Veronica stared at the limb, wondering what he was going to do.

Jozlyn had been covertly watching Demir as she dealt with her family. When she had woken up and he wasn't there, a feeling of total desolation had settled over her, making it hard to think, hard to breathe.

Jozlyn had found the dress in Demir's closet. Not even bothering to wonder at where it had come from, or why it had been there. Soon after she had dressed, she had set out to find him. It was by chance she had ended up in this room, as though she had been drawn to it. Jozlyn hadn't been given any instruction on what to do, and as she had wandered the halls, she had noticed there was no one she could have asked. So she had done the next best thing and followed her instincts.

Now she was in this room, surrounded by people who she had lived with her whole life, people she loved more than anything, but all she wanted was to run to Demir's side and crawl into his soul. Strange, given that it was impossible, but she wanted to be with him, needed to be with him.

Jozlyn watched Demir extend his hand, and suddenly she was flying across the room, as though her feet had sprouted wings. It was a seamless transition, as Jozlyn sat down on the arm of Demir's chair, letting him wrap his arm around her waist. Everyone stood, with jaws open and eyes wide.

"Joz?" Kayla asked with shaking hands. One moment she had been standing with her family, and the next she was across the room with Demir. Kayla watched her friend, she seemed so untouchable, as though she was in her own world with Demir.

Richard locked his jaw jerking his head to the door, "Jozlyn. Come on, we're leaving."

Demir's wolf raised its head, hell would freeze over before anyone took his mate! Jozlyn placed a hand on his shoulder, calming him. Demir wasn't even sure if she knew she had done it. It was the wolf inside her, the one he had awoken with his bite, that was naturally tuning itself to him. To his mood, to the beat of his heart, to his every breath; Jozlyn and Demir were in sync.

The tension in the room rose another level. From the darkest corner of the room, in the deepest shadows, Tabiti watched the occupants of the room. Jozlyn's parents, Kayla, and the queen stood on the other side of the room nearest to the door all facing Demir and Jozlyn who sat at the head of the room facing their audience with mixed emotions.

Jozlyn couldn't describe what she was feeling, it was a kaleidoscope of every emotion just beneath the surface of her carefully placed smile. Yet even with the barrage of emotion she felt complete sitting at Demir's side, somehow he made her whole.

Demir was a mix of wariness and possessiveness, as his wolf slowly awakened inside of him. The emotions he felt for Jozlyn paled in comparison to the simple human emotion of love. Theirs wasn't the emotion of love, but of an entirety of their souls intertwined in a dance preceding mankind.

Across the room, Veronica was feeling betrayal and anger, at being defied by her son. Her wolf was so close to the surface, howling to be set free. Kayla was confused, she couldn't understand why any of this was happening. Blair, Jozlyn's mother, was much the same as Kayla, with the added concern for her daughter's safety. Richard, Jozlyn's father was feeling protective but cautious; he was trying to remain strong for his wife, but his daughter's strange mood and the strange situation they were being put in was taking its toll.

It was Jozlyn who made the first move, despite her warring emotions. Rising slowly from the arm of Demir's chair, Jozlyn spread her arms wide, giving her most calming smile. She let her gaze touch every occupant in the room. "Mom, Dad, I should have called and told you where I was. I apologize for that, it was irresponsible. Kayla, I'm sorry I've been a bit distant lately; I haven't been a good friend to you. I hope you can forgive me. Your highness, I apologize for the rude interruption, and the problems I've caused you, it was not my intention. I have acted childish, and I sincerely apologize for that."

It was said with an aura of authority, as though she was the queen, and not a simple young woman. It was said in the voice of a leader, an Alpha. Jozlyn's speech left her parents dumb founded, left Kayla smiling despite her tears, left the queen begrudgingly admiring her, and left Demir proud to be her mate.

Jozlyn laughed softly and smiled, for once she was not clouded by emotions, or self importance; she acknowledged everyone in the room with a mature eye.

Looking quickly at Demir, as if seeking his permission, Jozlyn rose from her perch and glided over to her family, as regal as the queen herself. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble your highness, why don't we all have tea?" Jozlyn asked, stopping in front of Veronica and smiling warmly.

The wolf ever looming close to the Veronica's surface, was strangely quiet, not the quiet before the storm, but more of the quiet that comes with true content. For once Veronica wasn't fighting the wolf within herself.

Veronica silently marveled at the young woman in front of her. Eyes the clearest shade of emerald, hair the deepest shade of red, heart of a lion, and words which ended a battle of fears and wills within moments.

Veronica lit up, mirroring Jozlyn's smile, "Tea sounds lovely dear," Veronica said squeezing her hands.

Turning away from Veronica, Jozlyn quickly grabbed Kayla in a fierce bear hug. "I'm sorry," Jozlyn whispered, clutching tightly at her best friend. Kayla hugged her friend back just as fiercely, understand everything. "I forgive you," Kayla whispered back.

Two weeks Kayla hadn't spoken to Matt. Two weeks that Demir hadn't spoken to Jozlyn. Two weeks that both girls felt angry, sad, low. But two weeks was over. Two weeks ago the girls hadn't been there for each other. But two weeks was over, forgive and forget.

Kayla pulled back from Jozlyn, smiling brightly, "Friends?" Kayla asked with a slight hitch in her voice. "Always," Jozlyn assured.

Jozlyn moved onto her parents, nodding slightly, "Let's all sit down," she said moving in between her parents and linking arms. ________________________________________ Veronica lead the group to a different room, slightly off to the side of the formal reception room. It was much smaller, but what it lacked in size it made up for with natural light. The wall facing the castle gardens was lined with floor to ceiling windows, letting in a dazzling light. In the center of the room four chairs, two settees and a low dark oak table resided. The room reflected its natural counterpart, boosting warm browns, oranges, greens, and reds. From the plush Peruvian carpets, to the think dark forest green curtains, the room invited occupants to sit and relax and feel at home.

Veronica took the settee closest to the door, Demir and Jozlyn in chairs sat opposite Blair and Richard, and Kayla took the settee closest to the windows.

Veronica immediately went for a side table on her right which had an intercom on it."Ms. Smith," Veronica asked into the intercom, to the kitchen intercom.

She waited but there was no response, from the kitchen cook. She tried again, "Ms.Smith?" Still nothing. Veronica decided to try the maid service. Still nothing. Quickly looking over to her son, she asked telepathically, "Have you seen anyone?"

"Only Marshalls, and only for a minute," Demir responded, beginning to exchange light pleasantries to Jozlyn's parents so they wouldn't figure out anything was wrong.

"I haven't seen anyone since I got into the reception room. I also haven't heard anyone. Not a footstep or a peep," Veronica said with an edge of worry to her mental tone. Her hearing was exceptional, she could hear a pin drop anywhere in the castle; she could here mice scurrying in the stables. Yet today, she hadn't heard one sound, not even the wind.

While Kayla and Blair began a heated discussion about the legends of Lunar castle, Demir bent down close to Jozlyn's ear, "Have you seen anyone since you woke up? Heard anything?" Jozlyn pondered the question for a moment, wondering why Demir was whispering. "No, I mean not anybody besides Kayla and your mom and my parents. I kind of thought the castle would be more active, you know?"

A disturbance in the air alerted Demir and Veronica. They immediately gathered their wolves to the fore front, but a bit too late.

The room froze, mouths hung open, gestures remained half made, yet strangely Demir and Veronica remained unfrozen

"What the hell's going-" but Demir never finished. Tabiti stepped out from the shadows dressed in a gauzy black floor length gown, moving effortlessly towards them.

"A war is coming Prince Demir, Queen Veronica. I have come to give you an army and lead you into victory," Tabiti stated, coming to a halt with a hand on the back of Richard's chair as he remained frozen with his mouth hanging slightly open on a word.

Veronica growled menacingly, taking a step towards the intruder. "Who-" but again Tabiti ruthlessly interjected.

"I am goddess of the forest, friend to all creatures, and companion to ravens and wolves. You may call me Tabiti." She began moving slowly closer to them, as not to spook them or panic them.

"Long ago I was lover to the God of the Hunt, but we parted ways and he kidnapped and killed my wolf. Of course the soul remained, and so I took the wolf's soul, split it into four parts, and divided them amongst four humans." She was only a few feet away when she saw Demir's hand morph into a paw, but she continued unperturbed.

"Humans bred, as humans do. And now there are many of you, half human soul, half wolf soul, sharing the same body. But back on topic. The God of the Hunt does not like to be outsmarted. By taking the wolf's soul, I outsmarted him, and now he wants all of the wolves dead. Coincidentally, I want him dead. For that purpose, I built an army to crush him."

Demir and Veronica had moved back slightly from the people on the couch, in case they needed room to shift. Surprisingly their wolves were calm, not sensing Tabiti as a threat but their human selves deemed her as a very big threat.

"What have you-" Veronica began, and was again interrupted.

"Your staff is frozen, in a place not too far from here. I wanted only you and Demir in the castle, of course plans change," Tabiti said, nodding to the small group of humans. "The staff are all perfectly fine, and will be returned to the castle anon. But you wonder, whether I really am a goddess?" Tabiti said smiling warmly at them.

"I am really a goddess. Demir, you wear a necklace but you can't remember who it's from, correct? It's from me. Veronica, the ring on your finger is from me. All my wolves have a token of my favor. It protects them, ensures their safety. Even those who are turned," Tabiti spared Jozlyn a glance, her lips curving slightly at the ends, "are given a token of my favor." She explained, circling them slowly, coming to stop with her back to the floor to ceiling windows.

Tabiti smiled gently, "So now we come, full circle." Tabiti smiled spreading her arms wide as if she was encompassing the room, her gown blending fully with the night, black on black.

"Your royal highnesses," Tabiti began dramatically, pausing for effect, "I give to you... an army." Tabiti bent low, letting her knees almost touch the floor, as her sleeves dragged across the cool wood.

Behind her, past the glass, into the night emerge row after row of wolves. All different shapes and sizes, slowly advancing towards the house. Tabiti flicked her wrist, and the patio doors opened letting the soothing night air caress over Veronica and Demir.

Demir watched as the wolves stepped into the room, surrounding the frozen tableau of humans, and stopping just a couple of feet from them. Veronica had already shifted, not caring if she was seen, her ears were flat and her tail twitched with agitation.

Too fast! Too fast! Demir's mind couldn't process everything, it was all too much! A goddess? Wolves? An army? What the fuck else could happen?

Tabiti rose from her bow, absently stroking the wolves that flanked her on either side. "Demir," she whispered across the few feet that separated them, "You must lead my wolves. You must become their alpha."

To Be Continued...

If you have any questions feel free to ask! Thanks for reading and remember to comment and vote!

*Also check out "The Beginning: A creation story" it's about how the gods became who they are.

sensanin
sensanin
535 Followers
12