Lunar Dance Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sensanin
sensanin
533 Followers

Yet her son didn't seem to suffer from the same crippling fear and uncertainty she suffered from. He had bitten Jozlyn after knowing her for a little less than a month, and within that month he had not had any contact with her for two weeks. They were virtually strangers, except the mating pull. That deep knowledge that lead a wolf to their mate, that allowed them to procreate, and have children. The royal family had been blessed with the ability to somehow always find their mates, whether as a child, as her great-great-great grandfather had or as a young adult as she herself had. They always found their mates, yet not once could she remember of, in the last 150 years, had anyone bitten their mate. That cycle was now broken.

Veronica walked slowly to a chair at the far corner of the room. Jozlyn's shaking had gotten considerably worse as the time passed, and her bones were starting to reshape, with fur sprouting in patches across her skin. Through it all, she watched her son whisper words of encouragement in her ear, and stroke her now matted hair.

Turning away from the bed, and the sounds of a wolf being born, Veronica stared out at the night. Beyond Demir's balcony doors lay the ink black sky. There was no moon tonight, and her wolf shifted inside her slightly restless and ill at ease. But Veronica knew she had to be here with her son and his mate. Veronica turned back to the bed, the canopy hiding the couple in shadows and playing tricks of the light.

Seconds faded into minutes, and minutes into hours, as shadows crawled across the walls. The first rays of dawn were breaking through, when the room became quiet, and still as death. Veronica straightened, preparing herself in case Jozlyn had died in the conversion.

The bed sheets rustled, and a red-brown wolf emerged slowly and on shaking legs from the bed, followed closely by a large jet black wolf. Veronica didn't even realize she shifted as she slowly made her way over to the wolves. Veronica sniffed the air around the two, before walking up slowly to the black wolf and nudging him with her head in a show of affection. Veronica turned to the red-brown wolf, and smiled in her human heart as she nudged Jozlyn, and accepted her wolf.

Veronica stepped back from the couple, shifting as she went. Her clothes hung in tatters around her and she reached towards the bed and grabbed a robe, conveniently left at the end. She tied the sash tightly before looking back at her son and his mate.

Veronica nodded and gave a tentative smile, before leaving the room, as the first sounds of people waking touched her ears. No words had been spoken throughout the long night. But then words could not express the joy she felt, both for herself and for her son.

Veronica walked quickly down the hallways to her own quarters, her wolf and human side both scenting a change in the castle, in themselves.

*Remember to comment and vote

sensanin
sensanin
533 Followers
12