Macabre Delights Ch. 01

Story Info
Sensual Victorian ball leads to unspeakable horrors.
2.6k words
3.68
27k
6

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/13/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If someone had told Annabelle that she would be standing in the foyer of one of the most well known haunted mansions on the East Coast wearing a nineteenth century ball gown, she would have told them to put down whatever alcohol they had been drinking and switch to water. But here she was surrounded by other people wearing the same type of clothes she had only read about in those regency romances she loved. For one night only Annabelle would be the princess she had longed to be when she and her sisters would play dress up when they were little girls. Whereas her two older sisters pretended to dance with their invisible Prince Charmings, Annabelle wished for the queen or princess of some faraway make believe land to whisk her away.

Now as an adult, finding that right woman to spend her life with was too much work. Annabelle was the last sibling in her family to still be single with no partner or children by her side. Perhaps tonight that would all change where she would finally get that happily ever after she had always wanted but never thought would happen.

A loud boom of thunder jolted Annabelle into walking further down the hall where the main ballroom was located. It seemed so appropriate that there was a storm raging outside while this gathering took place inside. The humor was not lost on Annabelle of having a costume party the night before Halloween, on Mischief Night, and in a mansion over two hundred years old that was well known for having a reputation of being a place of unspeakable evil. Annabelle heard the local legends surrounding this estate so well. She was taught them in school and read about it in magazines and other publications. Annabelle had no clue who was holding the party or why she was sent an invitation that was mailed to her a month ago.

She looked down at the ivory square sheet she held in her hands. The script on the very expensive looking paper was the color of blood. The invite was much like the ones you would send to guests to attend a wedding. As she read the information for what seemed like the hundredth time, she thought back to the envelope it came in. There had been no return address. The information about the evening was very lacking. All it said was the place, date and time. There was no number to call to R.S.V.P. Also inside was a postcard of a vintage costume shop where it was recommended to rent out a party costume for the night. The theme was a London, England Victorian ball. Masks were also suggested but not required and some would be supplied upon entrance.

She argued with herself on the drive over here on whether or not she was making the right decision. She was just too curious to turn around and spend another night alone in her apartment watching old television reruns. She quickly parked her car among the many that were lining the street and as she made her way up the long driveway, a masked man dressed in Victorian garb was standing at the door allowing the guests to come in after they showed him their invitations. Annabelle followed and checked her coat and bag. The coat check girl was also dressed in a vintage ball gown and barely said a word to Annabelle when she handed over her things. It looked like everyone was wearing masks and for a moment Annabelle almost went to get her own to wear. She didn't want to be like everyone else here because she felt she hid behind a mask as it was. She already kept too many secrets from her family and friends. Perhaps the reason she decided to come to this strange affair was to pretend to be someone else for a few hours, a Cinderella of sorts where she would allow herself the fantasy of belonging during a time she had always felt comfortable reading about more so than the present she was stuck living in.

Shaking her head to clear her mind from her depressing musings, Annabelle continued to walk towards the ballroom where she heard the music of violins and the hum of loud voices. The sounds of the storm no longer frightened her as she was swept away into the crowd. People were talking and drinking what looked to be wine or champagne from waiters who were walking around with trays that had glasses placed on top of them. Everyone was in their beautiful party clothes and Annabelle was again surprised that so many wore masks. Perhaps she should go back and...

Someone pushed Annabelle and she stumbled. Swallowing a curse she looked over her shoulder to see who was rudely responsible. It was impossible to see because she was surrounded by too many bodies. Feeling a bit flushed, she began to fan herself with her invitation. A bead of sweat dripped down into her cleavage. The ball gown she had chosen was showing off a great deal of skin, but Annabelle loved the gown the moment she saw it. It was an off the shoulder dark purple satin dress that flared out perfectly when she spun in circles. It called to her. She just had to have it along with the matching color tiara and white arm length gloves that came with it.

Annabelle grabbed a glass of bubbling pink champagne from a passing waiter and took a sip. The bubbles tickled her nose and she laughed. She finished that glass and took another. The drink was sweet and delicious. Annabelle wasn't much of a drinker but tonight was for enjoying herself. She stood on her tippy toes in her black ballerina flats to watch the dancers twirling on the dance floor, when she was knocked into again. She turned around to give that person a piece of her mind when a woman in a black mask with very full red lips was staring back at her. Annabelle wondered what those lips would feel like against her own and quickly shook her head over that funny thought. The woman continued to smile and her dark brown eyes seemed to twinkle under the lights.

"Did you knock into me?" Annabelle asked. She again couldn't take her eyes away from the woman's mouth. Other people would stare at a face or another body part, but since the woman's face was practically covered by her mask, the only naked part Annabelle could see was her mouth. And it didn't help that the woman was standing very close to Annabelle where her chest rubbed against hers.

"I apologize. The room is filled and everyone seems to be bumping into one another."

Annabelle felt woozy and wasn't sure if it was from the heat of the bodies, the sweet drink she had or the voice of the black masked woman. The way this mysterious woman spoke made Annabelle feel like an electric shock went up and down her arms and over parts that hadn't tingled in such a long time.

"Um, that's okay." Annabelle took a deep sip and was surprised that she had almost finished the glass. A trickle of liquid escaped from her mouth and fell down her chin. As she wiped it away, the woman licked her lips. Annabelle couldn't help but blush.

"I'm Annabelle." She held out her hand. The woman looked down and one side of her mouth went up. "I am Trinity. It's a pleasure to meet you." Trinity slowly rubbed her thumb across Annabelle's knuckles.

Annabelle wasn't sure what was going on but the way she was feeling was not usual. "I think I better not drink anymore. It makes my head spin. I guess that's what happens when you don't drink the hard stuff."

Trinity let out a small laugh, which sounded even better than her voice. Annabelle closed her eyes for a moment to savor the sound. She suddenly felt the need to sit down and almost fell back. She was stopped from making a fool of herself because Trinity still held onto her hand.

"Excuse me." Annabelle opened her eyes and let out a small burp, which she covered with her free hand. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

"You look very red in the face. I think you may be overheated. Why don't we move away from here and up to the second landing? It's less crowded there and you can breathe easier."

Annabelle could tell that Trinity was concerned by the tenderness in her voice. Her eyes also looked at Annabelle in a way that made her feel safe and wanted.

"That would be great." Trinity never let go of Annabelle's hand as she led her away and off to the side and over to the winding staircase. They took the stairs and soon were above the ballroom. The air was much cooler and Annabelle didn't feel as lightheaded as she was before.

"This feels so much better!" Annabelle fanned her face with her invitation. She placed her empty glass down on the floor. Trinity was silent beside her. She was looking down at the action below. This gave Annabelle the perfect opportunity to appreciate the woman standing before her. Trinity was a bit too skinny for Annabelle's taste but the long black and red gown she wore was tight in the chest and really showed off that part of her body pretty well. There was a small bustle behind that held her dress up so it didn't drag on the floor. Her hair was pin straight and hung down to the middle of her back. Her dress wasn't as long as Annabelle's was and Annabelle could see the dagger like heels Trinity wore poking out from underneath. Annabelle wiped her face and grimaced. Her hands felt moist and sweaty inside the gloves she wore.

"Take them off." Trinity said. Annabelle noticed that Trinity wasn't wearing any. As soon as she pulled off her gloves and her naked hands met the cool air she sighed. A flash of light went off around them. Annabelle placed her gloves on the ledge and looked over at one of the stained glass windows.

"The weather is pretty wicked tonight. Who would have thought there would be a storm, tonight of all nights?"

Trinity looked away from the dancing and placed her back against the marble ledge. She tapped her long black fingernails against the side and cocked an eyebrow.

"I love storms. I find them to be very sexy." She continued to tap with one hand while she placed the other around her throat.

Annabelle watched as Trinity moved her hand from her collarbone and down towards her chest. Annabelle quickly looked away and around. She was surprised that there was no one else standing above where they were.

"Do you find it odd that no one else is up here? Why would everyone want to be down below where it is so hot-"

Trinity placed a finger tip against Annabelle's lips. She moved her face in closer and leaned over to whisper against Annabelle's ear. "Why are you so nervous? You act as if I'm going to eat you like the big bad wolf wanted to eat Little Red Riding Hood."

Annabelle frowned. She thought that was a very strange thing to say, but this night was going in that direction any way.

"I, ah... I'm not used to big crowds and dressing up like this. I don't even know why I'm here. I should go." Annabelle backed away. Trinity took a step towards her.

"Why do you think you should leave? There must be a reason you wanted to come."

Annabelle continued to walk back and Trinity followed her. When Annabelle's back met the wall she stopped. One of her blonde curls fell in front of her eyes. She tried to push her hair away but Trinity placed the curl between her fingers and began rubbing it.

Annabelle exhaled. "I was sent this invitation," She held it up. "And I don't know why. I really don't understand any of this."

Trinity looked at Annabelle in amusement and took the paper out of Annabelle's hand and dropped it to the floor. "Stop thinking so hard and why you were chosen to attend. Enjoy yourself. Here, you can be anyone you want to be and with anyone you long for and no one will judge."

"How do you know that?" Annabelle lifted her shaking hands and placed them on Trinity's waist.

"I know because I've come to parties here before. There is a reason why each person has been invited. Did you know that at the turn of the century this mansion held special parties that only the most elite of society attended?"

"Special parties?" Annabelle whispered and her eyes went wide as Trinity's mouth touched her shoulder and began to suck on her skin.

"Hmm..." Trinity moaned and moved her hands up against Annabelle's arms. They slowly traveled until she reached Annabelle's bodice and began to caress her breasts.

Annabelle let out a squeak. No woman had ever touched her there; only the harsh groping of her high school boyfriend whom she lost her virginity to.

"Bu-ut we can't." Annabelle whimpered. She dropped her hands from Trinity's waist even though she wanted to pull her in closer. She was good girl and shouldn't be doing this, especially with this dark seductive woman who had singled her out for no reason.

"Yes we can." Trinity let out a deep growl and pressed her mouth against Annabelle's. It was a rough kiss that did not allow any refusal. Annabelle opened her mouth and tried to tell Trinity to stop, but the moment Trinity's tongue met hers, Annabelle was lost.

Trinity kissed Annabelle in such a way as if she was trying to suck her soul of her mouth. But the moment Annabelle couldn't breath, Trinity moved away. She was panting and drool was dripping down her mouth. Annabelle should have been disgusted by it, but wanted to lap it up instead. Trinity wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Her lipstick came away and left a smudge on her cheek. Annabelle almost reached up to touch Trinity's cheek but stop herself.

"Let's give into our mutual pleasure for one another and find an empty room." Trinity grabbed Annabelle's hand.

Annabelle refused to move and when Trinity looked back at her, Annabelle felt a moment of fear. It looked like Trinity's eyes were glowing bright yellow. Annabelle blinked and Trinity's eyes were normal again. It had to be lust that was confusing her and making her see things that weren't there.

"But I don't know you. And I heard this place is haunted. What if..."

Trinity tugged on Annabelle's hand. "You really think those stories of ghosts are true? I can tell you that there are no ghosts here."

"How do you know?" Annabelle looked over and down where the band was setting up to play another set. Only the buzz of the conversation from down below reached her ears as well as the sound of her pounding heart.

Trinity rolled her eyes and Annabelle felt so silly.

"It's just, like I told you before, I don't do things like this. I've never gone off with someone I just met. And never with a woman..." Annabelle looked down embarrassed.

Trinity wrapped her arm around Annabelle's waist. "Dear, no need to be upset. What if we find a place where you won't feel so uncomfortable and see where it goes? No pressure."

Annabelle smiled in relief and allowed Trinity to guide her away. She enjoyed the way Trinity made her feel with her kisses and touches, but because she had never engaged in such intimate acts with a woman, she was still cautious. She hoped that she and Trinity could talk some more. Maybe in the next few hours they could get to know one another and then when it felt right, they could make out.