Making The Most of a Bad Situation

Story Info
Firefly: an accident traps Kaylee and Simon overnight.
3k words
4.47
16.8k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"River?" Simon walked along the short corridor leading from the mess hall to the engine room, looking for his sister, "Kaylee, you in there?"

"Yeah." The engineer called back, "What the matter?"

"River's gone missing, again." Simon slouched in the hatch; "I have no idea how she finds so many places to hide in such a small ship..."

"Oh, Serenity'll fool you. Mal chose this ship for a reason: these older model Firefly's have 1,001 hiding places."

"Just what you need when you have a mentally unbalanced teenager with a predisposition for mischief..." Simon sighed, resting his head against the wall, "I took an oath as a doctor that I would do no harm, and I can live with it. But the Alliance scientist who did what ever it was they did to River must have taken the same oath, and yet they did unspeakable things..."

Serenity lurched violently, sending Simon and Kaylee into a heap on the engine room floor. The sound of rushing wind filled the confined space, creeping nervously into the corridor, gaining confidence, experimenting briefly with rushing, and finally storming in with guns blazing. The room shook again as the hatch slammed shut and locked itself, the emergency light flashing an angry read.

"ALL HANDS, REPORT IN!" Mal's worried voice came over the intercom.

" Jayne; I'm in the cargo bay with the Shepard." A gruff voice answered, "No apparent damage here."

"Zoë: I'm in the mess hall with Wash." The first officer reported, "No damage, but the hatches have all slammed shut."

"The is Kaylee." The young engineer had managed to pull herself to her feet, "I'm in the engine room with Simon. We're a little shaken up, but otherwise ok."

"Inara here: I'm in my shuttle with River." The companion reported, "She seems completely unaware that anything happened."

"Oh thank god." Simon knelt on the deck, "What happened?"

"Yeah captain, what in the tyen shiao duh just happened?" Jayne asked over the open link.

"Let me check..." There was the sound of commands being typed into the ships computer, "Lao tyen, boo: looks like we got hit by something, meteorite maybe. Punched clean through; breaching the corridor from the mess to the engine room. Kaylee, Doc, I don't think we're going to be able to fix this in the black: nearest landfall is still Greendale, 18-hours away at best speed. Are you two going to be ok till then?"

"Just peachy, captain; I've got some water and protein-bars stashed back here for when I have to work through mealtimes." Kaylee sounded more cheerful than she felt, " Don't y'go worryin' 'bout us none, we'll be fine."

"Ok, just try and stay cool." Mal sounded agitated, "Wash, Zoë, get up here and let's see if we can shave a little off our ETA."

"So..." Kaylee sat down on the deck, "Look's like it's just you and me then."

"Yeah." Simon nodded, trying to hide his discomfort, with little success, "Don't suppose you've got a deck of cards?"

**********************************

"Um, Simon, do you mind turning round?" Kaylee asked two hours later, "I've got something I need to do..."

"What?" The doctor asked, then realization hit him like a fright train, "Oh! Yeah; no problem." He quickly turned his back as Kaylee moved to the far end of the room, undoing her jumpsuit.

"You know, we're kind of lucky." Kaylee laughed slightly, "The engineers who designed the Firefly class must have spent some time in space, because there's actually a small toilet built into the bulkhead here. There's a trick to using it, but it works and doesn't smell at all."

"Very considerate of them." Simon nodded, doing his best to think of anything other than what was going on behind him. But his subconscious refused to play ball, and hit him with a thousand erotic images cantering around the young woman he was trapped in such a confined space with. He gulped down some water, feeling suddenly very hot and bothered.

Kaylee chirped as she hit the flush button on the wall, "You can look now."

Simon slowly turned, and his heart almost stopped with what he saw: Kaylee had tied off her jumpsuit around her waist; leaving just the T-shirt she wore underneath. You didn't need a doctor's knowledge of anatomy to know that she had nothing on under that: her nipples stood out prominently, even in the relatively warm environment of the engine room.

"Simon?" Kaylee snapped her fingers to bring him back to reality, "You in there?"

"What?" Simon shook his head, "What did you say?"

"I asked if you were hungry. Don't go spacing out on me now: you're the only person in here with me for the next sixteen or so hours. The last thing I want is to go Fong luh from boredom."

"Sorry: I'm just worried about River, that's all..."

"You need to give that sister of yours a break: she's more capable of looking after herself than you think."

"I just get worried about her sometimes."

"Well there's nothing you can do until we hit atmosphere: no power in this 'verse would that door open while there's a vacuum on one side. So, you want something to eat?"

"Yeah, that would be nice."

"Afraid there isn't much to choose from." Kaylee reached into a storage locker and pulled out a bag of protein bars and a large bottle of water, "I had to go for stuff that'd keep rather than tasted good."

"No, its fine..." Simon sat on the cold deck and reached for what claimed to be an apple-flavoured bar, "So, do you spend a lot of time here?"

"Yeah; I like it here; Serenity and I get on real well."

"Why do you always refer to the ship like it was a person?"

"All ships have personalities, once you get to know them." Kaylee took a gulp of the water. Some of it spilled out from the sides of her mouth and landed on her t-shirt. The thin material clung to her like a second skin, turning almost translucent.

Simon froze; the protein bar halfway to his mouth, all rational thought suspended by the image before him.

"You like what you see?" Kaylee asked, noticing the way the doctor was looking at her. She smiled coyly, realising that for once there was no way that they could be interrupted, or Simon could back out of what they both wanted. Kaylee crawled forward on her hands and knees until the two of them were almost touching. She moved her head as far forward as she dared, and was relived when Simon moved in to kiss her deeply on the lips.

The forgotten protein bar fell from Simon's hand as he raised it to Kaylee's neck. Pulling her closer, he deepened the kiss. Unconsciously, his other hand moved round to her back, and started to slowly rub the soft skin under her shirt.

Kaylee pushed Simon back down onto the deck, lying on top of him as she started to undo his shirt. The small buttons proved too time consuming, and she ended up ripping it open, sending the buttons flying across the room. Simon responded by gripping the bottom of Kaylee's t-shirt and pulling it up over her head, letting her breasts hang free. This sight seemed to snap him back to reality with a jolt.

"Um, maybe we should slow down a little?" He asked hesitantly.

"Simon, the way our luck goes, the Captain will find a way to patch the hole and come knocking on that hatch in a few minuets." Kaylee looked down at him, "Do you want to talk, or do you want to have sex?"

"I think I'll go with the 'have sex' option." Simon said after a slight pause, and then pulled Kaylee's head down so he could kiss her again. His hands moved down her arms, feeling every inch of her soft skin. They then made they way down her back until they came to rest on her pert rear. He gripped the tight flesh through the bottom half of her overalls.

"You know something?" Kaylee broke away from the kiss and looked down at Simon, "We both have too much on for this to work..."

They rolled away from each other and started to hurriedly shed what clothes they still had on, each stealing glances at the other from time to time. Simon kicked off his shoes as he started to undo his belt and almost tripped, ending up knocking Kaylee, sending the two of them into the wall.

Kaylee responded by pulling his head down to her chest as she moved her hands down and freed herself of her overalls, leaving her standing there in just her plain white cotton panties and socks.

Simon readily moved his hands up to cup his newfound lovers breasts as he started to kiss the silky soft skin around her nipples while being careful to never actually touch her areolas. Kaylee moaned in protest, trying to move herself so Simon would take one of her aching nipples into his mouth, but he resisted.

Kaylee reached down and undid Simon's belt and trousers as he lifted her up so she was balanced on a pipe running along the bulkhead. Her hands dipped into his boxer shorts and fondled his erect manhood, making him gasp. Simon retaliated by finally closing his mouth on one of Kaylee's nipples, running his tough all over it.

The engineer sighed, resting her head back against the curved bulkhead. Her hands quickly pushed Simons boxers down as far as she could, and the doctor kicked the last of his clothes free. His own hands moved to Kaylee's waist and pulled down her panties, letting them fall down her legs and onto the floor. Simon positioned him self to enter his willing partner, then stopped.

"What about protection?" He asked hesitantly.

"Don't worry: I'm on the pill" Kaylee pulled him towards her, feeling his manhood rub against her crotch. She reached down and carefully guided him to her entrance. Simon pushed forward slowly, feeling Kaylee's hot core envelop him inch by inch. He moved as far forward as he could while she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Kaylee groaned in pleasure as their bodies met, Simon buried as far into her as was possible. She crossed her ankles behind his back, scared that, now they had finally acted on their feelings for each other, he would ran away again. She ran her hands up and down his back as he planted kisses on her neck and collarbone, even going as far as to give her a love bite.

Simon started to gently move his hips, sliding in and out of Kaylee as he slowly built up a steady rhythm. Kaylee grunted slightly every time their bodies met, Simons groin rubbing against her clit exciting her more and more. She gritted her teeth, wanting to hold out as long as she could, but the months of tension had taken their toll.

"SIMON!" Kaylee gasped as her orgasm broke over her like a wave, making her entire body shake. Her muscles went into spasm, gripping her lover's manhood tightly, holding him in her. It was all too much for Simon, and he moaned deeply as he emptied himself into the still shaking engineer.

They stood there for what felt like hours, basking in the glow of their shared experience.

Simon planted a soft kiss on Kaylee's forehead, as they finally broke apart, slowly sinking to the floor. Kaylee pulled out an old blanket she used the nights she bunked down in the engine room and spread it out on the floor. They silently arranged their clothing into a pillow before they lay down together, a second blanket covering them.

**********************************

"You think the two of them are finally...?" Wash asked over the dinner table.

"Number one; it's none of our business if they do." Mal sipped his coffee, "Number two; if they don't take this opportunity, then there's no hope for them at all."

"Men, you'll all the same." Inara shook her head.

"I hear that: one track mind, each and every one of them." Zoë smiled, then glanced at Book, "Present company excluded, of course."

"Thank you my dear." The old Shepard nodded, "But what happens between the two of them, is as the captain said, between them and them alone." He smiled coyly, "Anyway; I wasn't born a Shepard..."

**********************************

Simon woke from a contented sleep, happy to see Kaylee dozing with her head resting on his shoulder. He carefully reached round until he found his watch, and was happy to see that they still had four hours until they were due to make planet fall. Kaylee stirred, yawning as she woke.

"Morning." Simon smiled.

"Morning." Kaylee grinned, "What time is it?"

"A little after 6: we've got a while before we're due to land, and I'm sure the Captain would have told us if there was any change to the plans..."

Kaylee silenced Simon by pulling him down for a kiss. He leaned over, supporting himself with one arm while the other moved round to cup one of her breasts, his thumb and forefinger tweaking her nipple, making her gasp in surprise. She responded by reaching down and taking his manhood in her hand, stroking it softly.

Simon let his hand drift lower as he continued to kiss his responsive new lover, moving down over her flat stomach to her crotch. He brushed across her clit, sending shivers up and down Kaylee's spine. Simon placed the palm of his hand against Kaylee's clit while he slowly pushed his index finger into her damp core.

Kaylee gasped as Simon's finger entered her, but any sound was lost in the sweet embrace of their kiss. She responded by subconsciously moving her legs further apart, making things easier for Simon. The young doctor started to move his finger in and out, building up his pace until Kaylee broke away from their kiss, groaning as she reached orgasm.

"You are so beautiful..." Simon smiled as Kaylee struggled to get her breath back.

"Worth being stuck on a luh-suh ship with?" She asked coyly.

"More than worth it."

"Good." Kaylee grabbed hold of Simon by the shoulders and pulled him down so he was lying on top of her, "I need you, now."

Simon withdrew his finger and entered her with one long, slow thrust. Kaylee arched her back as she felt him fill her, her body still on edge from the powerful orgasm he had already given her. Simon rested his elbows on either side of Kaylee so her could reach down and kiss her.

Kaylee wrapped her arms around her lover's back, pulling him down so their bodies met, the soft hair of his flat chest brushing against her tender nipples. Simon started to move his hips, building up a rhythm without braking contact with Kaylee's lips. The engineer met him thrust for thrust as he started to plant kisses across every inch of her upper torso, from her lips, down her jaw and neck, across her collarbone and all over her breasts.

Simon returned his lips to Kaylee's as she crossed her legs behind his back, trying to pull him in even further. He thought for a moment of his past lovers: they had been few and far between. The only real romance of his life had been in his last year of medical school, but she'd been offered a job in a hospital on Cassiopeia, and had broken off the relationship. After that he had drifted in and out of brief liaisons with the other doctors and nurses he worked with, but they'd always left, claiming he was cold and distant.

Keylee's reputation with members of the opposite (and if Jayne was to be believed, at times the same) sex was common knowledge on Serenity. Simon had been a little worried at first about how close his sister had grown to the engineer, but it was soon apparent that they were close friends, nothing more. His own attraction to Kaylee had been instantaneous: there'd been an unmistakable spark between them the moment they first met; something the young doctor had never felt before.

Threatening to let her die if the Captain hadn't turned away from an alliance cruiser looking for River had been he hardest thing he'd ever done. He still agonised over the fact that he'd been willing to forgo his most closely held belief, even if it was to save his sister.

"Oh. My. God." Kaylee moaned as she climaxed for the second time since waking. He pulled Simon as close to her as she could, wanting to feel every square inch of his body pressed up against her own.

Simon felt her contract around him again, and emptied himself into her, all but collapsing onto her sweat-covered body. He pulled her body to his own as tightly as he could, never wanting to let her go.

"I've never felt anything like that before!" Kaylee gasped, "never, in all my years."

"Neither have I." Simon rolled over onto his side, pulling Kaylee's back up against his chest. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "I love you."

"You have no idea how long I've waited to hear you say that..." Kaylee took his hand and kissed it, "I love you too..."

"Ten minuets till we hit atmo'!" Mal's voice came over the com, "Managed to shave a few hours off our ETA, so we'll have the two of you out of there soon as."

"Think he'd do a few more orbits if we asked him to?" Simon laughed.

"No, the Captains too mean for that." Kaylee laughed, reaching for her cloths, "But come to my bunk tonight and we can pretend he did. Say, ten?"

"I'll be there." Simon kissed her as he started to get dressed.

**********************************

"Reckon they'll guess?" Zoë turned back to Mal as Wash brought Serenity in for a textbook landing.

"What? That we faked the explosion?" The Captain gave her a lopsided grin, "You really think they're going to give it that much thought?"

"Probably not." The First Mate wrapped an arm around her husband's shoulder, "But if they do, I want to be there when you tell them it was all little River's idea."

"That girl is nothing if not full of surprises." Mal nodded, an unmistakable glint of mischief in his eyes, "Now come on; there's crime to be done..."

The End