Mandy

Story Info
Truth revealed, with odd help.
2.2k words
3.92
15.4k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mandy looked at Jack's profile. His jaw swept gently from his skull. The goatee seemed somewhat out of place, but not quite enough to be distracting. It fit... in its own way. Just like everything else. Even the smallish oval glasses seemed to fit... but only just.

"You're a very plain looking guy, Jack."

"Uh... thanks, Mandy. I guess."

"No. What I mean is.. You seem so at ease with... everything. Like nothing gets to you."

"Not true. I've got a drekload of skeletons and baggage. I just hide it better than most."

"Bull. You don't hide it at all. You deal. Somehow you always come out on top."

"Not always, Mandy. Sometimes I lose. Big."

Mandy lowered her head. "Sorry."

"Don't be. Everyone in school just assumes they know me. You're the first to actually ask me straight up, Mandy."

She chuckled softly. "That's me. Always open mouth, insert foot."

"Not a bad quality if you can learn to monitor your thoughts and speak only what you mean to say. Sorry... my dad's eccentric ways creep inside me every now and again."

"That's OK. I.... like it. It fits you."

She turned her eyes towards him. Jack's eyes were facing forward, but she knew they saw nothing. Or they saw something she could not see. Normally overly curious, the plump redhead decided to give him his apparent solitude.

"What about you, Mandy? It's well known that you're over here being tutored by someone two years younger."

"Well... I wasn't concerned about that. Mostly because you were black."

"Really?" he asked mirthfully. "Ah. Black men like black women and all that drek. Chip truth, Mandy: I tend not to date black women. Not that I've EVER had a date but..."

"What? You've never had a date?"

"Nope. Not because of my parents. Well... not my mom at any rate and... OK. Let's begin at the beginning. Have you ever heard of the Street Samurai?"

"NO..."

"It's a character class in a role playing game my father loves with a passion. When he was about thirty he went through some serious emotional drek. I still don't know the whole story, but it really shook him. He made it out by reading Hagakure. It's supposed to be a kinda guidebook for being a true samurai. But dad's black. NO Japanese blood in the family that he knows of. But he felt that Honor still existed. So he went looking for it. Net result: The Way of the Street Samurai."

"Hey... I've heard of that before. My idiot brother said something about it..."

"Indeed. Well... dad's philosophy kinda stuck with me. I've read the original copy. Not entirely dull, but too valuable as far as knowledge and wisdom go. He wants me to date, but hasn't pushed me to do it. Mom's pushing. Probably because she's afraid I'm gay or bi-curious."

"Uh...."

"None of the above, Mandy. The female form is too pleasing to my eyes. And other parts of me."

"I though you were... oh... your hands."

"And legs. Chest. Arms. Just how many times do you think some blonde ditzoid has brushed her body by me... like she was teasing me."

"And you took advantage of it."

"Like any other male. Shallow, but quite satisfying. Especially once you get to know how they think. Then it becomes easy... and a fun game to pass the time.

"And don't tell me you haven't done the same thing."

"I haven't; most guys stay away from the fat girls like me."

"Fat? Where?"

Mandy glared at Jack, only to find a very honest look on his face. Jack was confused.

"You're being nice."

"Maybe, but I don't see any fat on you."

"Take a good look at all of the rolls, Jack. I'm in desperate need of a diet that works."

She saw him close his eyes. Then his face... vibrated is the only fitting description... through the most complex series of emotions possibly. Eventually, the face was still. Not calm... just still. And she knew why, even though she didn't believe what her gut and heart were both echoing.

"What do you see, Jack? Honestly."

"Honestly?"

"Yes."

"You won't like it."

"Try me."

"I think you're cute. Not beautiful. Not ugly. Cute. Cute for no good reason cute. And that's secondary to your personality. I see so much when I look at you. A depth of character that I like and want to get to know better." He chuckled slightly before continuing. "It's like my dad says. A woman who is cute is ever the most dangerous person. And the very ones we... the men in our family... are attracted to."

"Dangerous? Me? How so?"

"Because when you give your heart, you give everything. As a guy, it's almost easy to, as the saying goes, break her off good. But good sex alone makes for a lousy relationship. Hell... it won't even be a solid foundation for hate. Give me a good, solid friendship over a lay any day of any month.

"Which means, in a nutshell, if I had the chance of sleeping with you I would... provided I don't loose what friendship, if any, we already have. It does not mean I won't stop thinking about you... or your body. It means I will NOT make the first move... unless it becomes blatantly apparent I'd better."

"You think I'm cute?" He nodded.

"And you have..."

"I've tossed off to your mental image quite a few times. Nothing unusual in that. Just how many nerds do you think have lost a load in a sock thinking about Angelica and her crew?"

Mandy laughed. The blonde head cheerleader and her group of flunkies were the most beautiful females in school. And it showed in every arrogant move they made.

"Point made, Jack," she chuckled. "And... Thanks for thinking about me. I guess." They laughed. Mandy felt more conformable talking to the enigmatic black youth. And, much to her own surprise, found the thought that someone found her attractive enough to fantasize about... erotic.

"Ready for more studying? No rest for the wicked, Mandy."

"I guess."

* * * *

"Ronin..."

"Hmmm? What did you say, Mandy?"

"Oh... nothing. Just..."

Kumiko glanced at the small print book her friend held. It was familiar... then she caught the memory. Hagakure.

"Odd book for you to be reading, Mandy. Spending too much time with Jack." When her friend didn't reply Kumiko sat back and stared at her friend. Something had happened. Mandy was... different. She seemed more alive, even in her motionless state of study.

"What is a ronin, Kumiko?"

"Huh? It's a samurai that does not have a master. Why do you ask?"

She watched as Mandy's head turned slowly. Then came a presence she'd only felt once... when she was presented to her grandfather in Japan. Strong. Caring. Powerful. Honor in flesh. She turned towards the direction this... sensation... seemed to come from... and found Jack standing in front of both of them. Complete with that annoying black duster.

"Hoi, Mandy! Figured I'd find you here. What's the data on that test?"

"No clue. Just got back, but I felt confident. Thanks for helping me out."

"Null sheen, chica. Anytime. Greetings, Kumiko."

"Hi, Jack," she said. Her eyes could not leave him. The sensation DID come from him. But... he was gaijin. She watched as he left, his black boots making just enough noise to let someone know he was there. But she hadn't heard him approach. Just... felt it.

"See ya later, Ronin," Mandy breathed.

"You... like him. Don't you." Mandy did not reply.

"Be careful, Mandy. Something's not right about him."

"I know." Kumiko could see the smile on her friend's face... even though she was looking at the top of her red hair.

Which was in a new style. A very attractive style.

* * * *

Friday night. Everyone else was out at Miami's. Probably getting drunk or stoned. The ravers would take over Saturday night. Mandy slid the last of her notebooks into her azure plastic backpack and headed downstairs.

"Mandy?"

"Yeah, Mom?"

"Your father and I are going away for the weekend. I know it's unexpected, but your father's job... well, I don't understand it. We'll be back on Tuesday. We've arranged it with Jack's parents if you want to stay there."

"Uh... Ok." Something didn't add up. She was old enough to stay by herself and had done so several times. Never a problem. Now they wanted her to stay with a single black guy? It didn't add up.

She arrived at Jack's house, her mind turning over the sudden events quickly. The obvious thought was quickly dismissed... until she saw Jack. His face was warm, but not open. He was keeping something back... but not from her. He allowed her to see that something was wrong. She knew it. Once in the solitude of his room he spoke... his voice deep and deadly.

"This doesn't feel right. Did your parents suddenly decide to pull a fade this weekend?"

"Yeah. And mom gave me a lame excuse. Something about dad's job. And she wasn't even clear on that."

"Makes sense," he muttered to himself. His eyes darted to the floor then began moving in rapid yet precise movements. He was putting pieces of a puzzle together... at a speed she could only imagine.

"OK. Here's how I read it. Somehow your parents got wind that you and I were becoming friends. Either something did come up and they're just seeing what happens, or it's a methodical plot involving both sets of parents. Which means something... When did you do your hair?"

"My hair?" The night after we had that talk, she thought. "But..."

"Remember... your mother spoke to you. She probably saw it first and made an assumption."

"But my dad's way too protective of me."

"Indeed. So why the change. I smell my father's hand in this." The words were angry, but they sounded... playful.

"Spill it, Jack. What's going on in that head on your shoulders."

"Let's go see, shall we?"

* * * *

"He's expecting you. Go to the Den of Thieves, son."

Jack froze. The Den was his father's personal sanctum. Separate power supply. Computers. Air filtration (what else is a kid supposed to do when there's a secret room he can't get inside of BUT explore the outside?). Jack had only seen his mother enter three times, and even then she looked like prey entering a pit of hungry predators.

He led Mandy into the basement and to the solid black door which marked his father's sanctum. The door slid open slowly... and a thick cloud of weed smoke slammed into them both.

"Come inside quickly. I'm hotboxin'." Jack and Mandy obeyed.

"Now before we begin, let me say this. Mandy? Your father knows I smoke weed. He's been in here a few times. And yes I had a hand in this. And it's not so you two can bang like rabbits. Son... I've always told you to be careful when making friends with girls. It's about time you understand why. That said... go upstairs and play nice."

* * * *

"Definitely weird, Jack."

"Yep. That's dad, the sly fox."

"Did I miss something?"

"We both did. Let's go to my room."

Once there, Mandy watched as Jack pulled his computer case off. He seemed to know exactly where to go... and what he would find.

"What's up?" He held up a small black case, smiling like someone who got the joke.

"This. In one of dad's stories he wrote about a guy who never went anywhere without his Survival Pack. Had everything he needed for a night out on the town." He reached inside and pulled out an array... twisted... of items.

"Condoms and lube. No brainer. Cab numbers. Same. A watch? Spare wallet with... real and bogus ID cards. Nice touch, Old Wolf. Stun gun. Pepper spray. All of the tools any well heeled scuzwad would use."

"But that's not you."

"Could be... if I break your heart. Cold reminder. Friendship is everything." He looked at her, his face open truly.

Mandy knew his father's little puzzle was truth. Here was a guy who only wanted her to do her best. Be herself. He would indeed be at her side no matter what. But... and this was the painful part... sex could ruin it. Might also make it stronger, but odds favored the bad. Jack would not hurt her. Could not hurt her. They were friends. More... but not quite lovers. She knew she did not love him... only cared deeply for him.

But what about sex? If she did lose her virginity to someone, wouldn't it be best to give it to someone who would appreciate it? Right now, that was Jack. Right now. What about later? Her mind swirled, and then one thought came into clear, calming focus. A samurai makes a decision within seven breaths.

"Breathe deep, Mandy," he whispered.

She did not question how he knew. He was her friend. More... but no word sprang to mind. IF it happened it would be at HER choosing. And she chose him, no matter when the moment came. She smiled at him.

"Let's hit the books, Ronin. Then... we'll talk."

fin