Maria's Misconceptions

Story Info
Would wealth complete Maria's life?
29.7k words
4.07
47.5k
35

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/01/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Like my first story, this comes from people that I've known throughout my life. This one hits a little more towards home tho, it's based on true events. I incorporated some of the people from my first story, because they all knew each other anyway. None of the names of the characters are real, nor are most of the places of business (a few that had no real significance are real). There's some sex, but not a large amount. The story is a little longer than I intended (8 pages), but, after I started writing, I found that it was going to take that many pages to tell the story.

*****

It was a late Friday evening, the channels on the television flipped back and forth between the cable news outlets. Fox, CNN, it didn't matter, the world was turning to shit.

"What the hell has happened to the world?" Gary spoke out loud, "Has everybody lost their fucking minds?"

He turned the channel to WBNS TV10, Columbus, Ohio to check on the local weather. Even tho he hardly, if ever went outside anymore. Just to sit on the front steps occasionally, he still liked to see if it was going to rain or not. The timing was almost perfect, the weather report would be on after a few commercials.

Sitting on the couch, a bottle of 'Jack' sat on the coffee table half empty in front of him. As he reached for it to pour another glass, a new commercial for JWB & Porter Carlson, Attorneys at Law, a lawyer's office based out of Columbus, Ohio came onto the screen. Their specialties were Accident and Personal Injury cases, and they also handled divorce and family law.

Gary felt a certain animosity towards Porter Carlson, and over the years, when he had heard a commercial for this law firm, he had always blurted out, at the end of each ad,

"Jace Ballard and Porter Carlson, getting rich by chasing ambulances and wrecking marriages."

He had always called JWB the 'pretty boy' of the pair of lawyers, since he was the younger of the two and quite good looking.

Ignoring the ad as he usually did, Gary's heart sank when he heard a voice that he hadn't heard in over twenty years, but a voice that he knew so well. His attention became glued to the television, as there on the screen, was the handsome and well dressed Jace Wellington Ballard (JWB), with his arm around an astonishingly beautiful dark haired woman as she spoke about the law firm. JWB finished up the segment with,

"You've been listening to me and Porter for all of these years, now listen to my beautiful wife."

Gary opened the bottle of Jack, and instead of pouring a glass, he put the bottle to his lips and guzzled almost all of what was left. He glanced back to the television just in time to briefly see the 'happy couple' kiss.

Gary didn't bother to watch the weather, he got up to walk outside and sit on the front steps. As he opened the front door, he almost fell out onto the concrete stoop, the effects of the alcohol were taking hold of him rather quickly.

Gary's mother stood in the kitchen watching her son. She felt like crying, but she was almost cried out. She didn't know how to help him, he'd been on a downward spiral for over twenty years now. Now drinking and barely eating, he had wasted away to about ninety five pounds. She retreated to her bedroom and went to bed.

*******

Gary Arthur's first day of high school in the fall of 1970 was a nerve wracking experience. He stood right at six foot tall and weighed all of one hundred and fifteen pounds. Tall and lanky, his black hair didn't hang, but it went half way down to his shoulders and had an 'I just stuck my finger into a light socket' look to it. He had a pencil thin black mustache to compliment his wild hair.

Even tho most of the other boys in the class had long hair like him, he still felt awkward and out of place. When the teacher started speaking, she told the class to pick a partner to work with, preferably someone of the opposite sex. Two boys or two girls together, seemed to do more goofing off, than school work.

He felt someone tap on his shoulder, he turned and looked into the most beautiful brown eyes he'd ever seen,

"Hi, I'm Maria, Maria Serevil. Would you like to be my partner?"

It took Gary a couple of moments to come to his senses, then, still looking right into her brown eyes,

"Oh. . . A. . . I'm a. . . Gar. . . Gary Arthur. . . Yeah, sure," he said nervously.

That was the beginning, and it didn't take long for them to become best friends, and soon they were a couple. They were inseparable, wherever one was, the other was close by. They were voted by their classmates the cutest couple in their junior yearbook. They were a fixture around this small southern Ohio town in Gary's red 1969 Chevelle SS.

With Gary and Maria's birthdays both falling late in the year, they were both nineteen by the time they graduated high school. When they were seniors, Gary was still an even six foot tall, but he had filled out and now weighed around one fifty. Maria was five foot, three and weighed in at one hundred and five. She had small, but perky 32 C breasts, and dark brown hair that fell to just above her shoulders. Of course Gary still had his wild black hair.

A lot of boys at school had 'crushed' on Maria, but they kept their distance, because it was so obvious how much she was in love with Gary and they saw no point in trying to break them apart.

Their families knew it was going to happen, and so did most of their friends and classmates. Within a year of graduating high school, they were wed. They were both still virgins when they married and had the joy of discovering sex for the first time with each other.

Gary got a haircut, but it seemed that anything short of getting it all shaved off, he still looked like he'd been doing science experiments with electricity. He took a job working for the local street dept. The pay wasn't anything to brag about, but it did pay somewhat better than minimum wage and had some good benefits too. Maria took a job as a receptionist in a local insurance company. With both of their incomes, they lived quite comfortably.

After two years, their first child was born. A boy, they named him Joshua, and Gary and Maria couldn't be happier. Within two more years, another son was born, this one they called Jacob.

They decided that they needed to find a bigger home to raise their children in. They had been renting, but found a nice home in a nice neighborhood. It was an older three bedroom with a full basement and the previous owner had started to build a study in the attic. It definitely had a lot of potential.

After buying the home, Maria decided to take some night classes offered at the local university for working mothers. She took a short course on business administration. After she completed the course, she decided to try and find a better paying job. Gary told her that they didn't need more, they were doing fine. Her reasoning on the matter was; this would give them more money to turn their house into their dream home. She was persistent, and finally convinced him to go along.

Gary and Maria had been married six years, when she visited the local unemployment office and put in resume's to several different companies. She interviewed at three different businesses and was hired as the secretary to the CEO for Cutlar Industries. Her salary would be a 70% raise over her job at the insurance agency. She put in her notice, and within two weeks had started her new job.

Steve Martin (no, not the wild and crazy guy) was her new boss. He was in his late forties, married, with two sons attending college. One was at Indiana University and the other had chosen Penn State. His wife of twenty five years had been a stay at home mom and was still content with staying at home and being a housewife.

Since Maria was just a few years older than their sons, the Martins sort of 'adopted' her as the daughter they never had. Maria and Gary spent at least a couple of evenings a month at the Martin's home for dinner. One evening, Steve asked Gary if he was happy at his job at the Street Dept. He said that he could put a word in for him with the personnel manager if Gary would like to come to work for Cutlar. Steve said that he didn't know what Gary's salary was, but he was sure that Cutlar paid more.

Gary told him that he would think about it, but he really enjoyed working for the City. On their way home, Gary told Maria,

"I think I'll keep the job I have, I'm really comfortable there and the pay isn't that bad. Besides, we're getting along OK, not struggling to pay bills or anything. Maybe later on, in a few years I'll think about it."

Maria was fine with that, she just wanted her husband to be happy.

When Christmas break for the Martin's boys rolled around, they were both home to visit mom and dad for the holidays. Once they laid eyes on Maria, the competition was on. They both flirted shamelessly with her. Maria was flattered, but made it clear to them that she was very happily married. Steve caught onto what his sons were doing and quickly straightened them out.

"Maria is like a daughter to your mother and I, I can see the way you two horn dogs are chasing after her. What you do at school, I have no control over. . . I know that you both know that she's married. I thought that we. . . Your mother and I, raised some decent boys and turned you into decent young men, not into home wreckers! I have no problems with who you screw while you're away, but leave the married women alone!"

That took care of the Martin boys, they respected their dad immensely and heeded his advice. They both became good friends with Maria, their romantic advances stopped. They treated her more like she was their sister and even became friends with Gary too.

Gary and Maria's marriage was good, they were an especially close and affectionate couple. They were happy and they had no complaints, there were only the normal small bumps in the road along the way. Their boys seemed to grow like wildfire, one now a teenager and the other not far behind.

In 1990, fifteen years into Gary and Maria's marriage, and nine years into Maria's career at Cutlar Industries, the plant expanded, adding another division. Of course, along with the expansion, came new employees. The main office for the new division was right next to the office where Maria worked and a new receptionist was hired along with the new manager for the division.

Maria and the new woman in the next office, became fast friends. Debbie Nolan was 35 years old, married to Mark Nolan, owner of Nolan's Super Markets with fifteen locations across three states. Mark was a busy man, sometimes working 15 hour days, so Debbie had taken this job more as a hobby, just to give something to do with all of the time she had on her hands.

The first time that Maria visited Debbie and Mark's home, she was awestruck. She thought with all of the remodeling and work that her and Gary had done on their house, that they lived a good life. It paled in comparison to Debbie's. Located two miles outside of town in one of the newer upscale subdivisions, the 2000 square foot home was only seven years old and was luxury like Maria had never seen before, at least up close like this.

Debbie and Mark both drove Porsche 911's. His was black and hers white. Maria drove a full-size 1984 Chevy Caprice Classic wagon, while Gary drove a 1977 Chevy Monte Carlo. This bothered Maria a little, small jealousies were floating around in the back of her mind. That bothered her too, she'd never been the type to be jealous of anything, unless that is, it was some wanton female making a play for Gary.

The first time Maria met Mark, she was taken aback some too. Debbie was five foot seven, about 130 pounds, and most of that weight was upstairs in her 38 C breasts. Her long blonde hair flowed down her back half way to her scrumptious round ass. Maria was kind of a little excited to meet Mark, expecting him to be a young, well built handsome man. Well, with a wife that looked like Debbie, wouldn't most people expect that?

While visiting Debbie one evening, Maria was shocked when a short, bald and round little man in a suit came in. At first, she thought maybe this munchkin was Debbie's father. He was about five foot three, mostly bald, with a little bit of grey hair on the sides and obviously much older than Debbie.

"Maria, this is my husband, Mark," said Debbie, "Mark, this is Maria, she works with me down at the plant.

"Hello, I'm glad to meet you, I'm happy to see that Debbie has found a friend, my work keeps me away from home for long hours sometimes," Mark replied.

He walked over to Debbie and gave her a kiss on the lips and then turned to shake Maria's hand.

"I'm going down to the club for a little while, would you like to come with me Deb? Maria can come too, if she would like." said Mark.

"No. . . No I just wanted to kind of sit around the house tonight, you won't be gone long will you?" Debbie asked.

"No, I should be in early. Bill and Frank are wanting to discuss building another store somewhere in Indiana, they think it would be a good move because the little town only has a few small markets. We're just going to have a few drinks and discuss our options. I should be back no later than about nine thirty or ten, see you then babe, nice meeting you, Maria."

Mark was out of the door pretty quickly, and soon the two women heard his Porsche zoom away.

"He seems like a nice man." Said Maria.

Debbie, rolled her eyes and smirked a little,

"Can you keep a secret?" Said Debbie.

"Sure, I guess," Maria answered.

"Look at me, does it look like that little fat fucker can keep me satisfied?"

Maria just stared at her in shock.

"I'm 35 years old and could have just about any man I wanted. Mark is 49, he's a full four inches shorter than me, and he weighs every bit of 275 pounds for Christ's sake. He has almost no hair and he's got the smallest dick I've ever seen in my life. . . Nice man, yeah he's a nice man, but nice doesn't cut it. See this house, see my car? That's why Mark is my husband."

Maria just looked at her for a moment, she'd never known anyone who thought like Debbie did. She'd seen a few movies, where something like this had happened, and she assumed that they were just that. . . Movies.

Then, Debbie started talking about something that Maria had never discussed with anyone other than her husband,

"Sure, I keep the midget happy, I have to if I want to keep living like this. I suck his little dick and swallow the few drops of cum that he squirts out of it, I let him stick that little cigar inside of me. Ha ha ha, I can barely feel it."

Maria didn't know quite what to say, she really surprised herself when she asked,

"Doesn't he do anything to take. . . Er, does he do anything to please you?"

"Are you kidding, he thinks that he takes care of me with that little pecker of his. I want to keep living like this, so I ain't rockin' the boat, if you know what I mean," said Debbie.

"Ho. . . How do you. . . What do you do to please yourself? Do you masturbate?" Maria asked as her face turned bright red.

"Sometimes, but I've got a couple of different young studs that take care of me, ha ha. And they really take care of me, if you know what I mean, ha ha."

Maria was at a loss for words, she was literally shocked by what Debbie had just told her.

"What about your husband, does he take care of you?" asked Debbie.

"I don't have any complaints in that department, he loves me and he pleases me." Maria replied.

"Is he the best fuck you've ever had? Did he have the biggest cock of all of your lovers? Is that why you married him?"

Maria almost felt embarrassed by the question, here she was with her friend, this beautiful, obviously very worldly woman. Maria felt like she had just come out of the backwoods or something.

"He is the ONLY man that I've ever slept with," she replied, ever so quietly.

"You can't be serious, you,re kidding, right?"

"No, he's the only one," Maria shyly replied.

"Wowww! I don't think I've never met anyone before, that was a virgin when they married. I have to ask tho, how do you know if he's any good or not if you don't have any other experiences to compare him with?" said Debbie, "Would you like me to set you up with someone so that you can find out?"

"NO," said Maria.

That was the last of the conversation on that subject for the evening. Maria left for home about an hour later. She didn't sleep well that night, although she tried pushing the small jealousies in her mind away, she couldn't do it. Maybe she could get Gary to take Steve up on his offer of a job at Cutlar from several years before. She knew that if he did, it would be about one and a half times what he made now, then maybe they could move up the food chain a little bit. The thought of what Debbie had said about being with a different man briefly crossed her mind, but it was really brief.

Maria brought up the subject with Gary about taking a job at Cutlar a few nights later, right after they had made love. He was not impressed,

"We're fine, aren't you happy? We make plenty enough for us and the boys, we both have a car, we live in a real nice neighborhood. We're comfortable, what more could we ask for? I know a lot of people that would like to be where we are," said Gary.

"I just thought maybe we could get some new cars, Debbie and Mark both drive Porsche's, I me. . ."

"What's wrong with the cars we have? They run good don't they?" Gary cut in.

Gary was from the school of; 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'

"Yeah, but I was just thinking that it would be nice to be. . . I mean I don't have to have a Porsche or anything like that, but I would like to have a new Jeep Cherokee with four wheel drive. We DO have some brutal winters around here, you know," she replied.

"I'll keep an eye out, I think we may be able to find a good used Jeep somewhere that we could afford. Besides, I like where I work. I don't really want to work for Cutlar."

Maria didn't push the subject for a week or two, but after a few more visits to Debbie's, she put on a full court press. In fact, it caused the biggest rift in their entire marriage to date.

Gary told her that they had been living pretty well for the last fifteen years, why change things. Then he told her that if he were to go looking for a different job, it would probably be at ZMA, where his little brother Jack worked. Jack's friend Brad worked there too, along with several other people he knew.

"ZMA pays double what I make now, but I still don't see the need to give up the job I like, when we are doing just fine."

They slept with their backs to each other for the first time that night. The following morning, just as Maria arrived at work, an ambulance pulled into the parking lot close to the office entrance. It took her a few moments to collect her purse and the supplies that she had bought for the coffee maker inside the office. Then, she hurried in to see what the Paramedics were there for. Did someone fall, did they get hurt inside the plant?

As she came into the office, she realized that the Medics were there tending to her boss, Steve Martin, he'd had a heart attack. The janitor found him when he came in to empty the trash. No one was sure how long he had been lying there, but he usually arrived about an hour before Maria.

Maria, through her tears, called his wife and told her what had happened. She asked Maria if she would call her and Steve's sons, she wanted to get to the hospital as quickly as she could. Maria called the two boys at their homes. Both boys were married now, one lived in Columbus and the other in Cincinnati. She reached their wives, both assured her that they would relay the message and would be there as soon as possible.

Seeing how distraught Maria was, the manager of the new division (Debbie's boss) told her to go ahead and get to the hospital. He knew that Steve and Maria were very close.

123456...8