Marked Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I got in his car and sucked in a breath. "What's wrong Rose?" he asked. "Everything is changing again. Soon enough my Da will want to move the moment he finds out about the tracker and the Order and the other Marked being here," I said and then a slow smile crept across his face. "What?" I asked.

"Your Da?" he asked smiling. I hadn't even realized I had been calling him that. I shook my head and said, "Did you not hear anything I just said?" "I heard every word Rose, but you're going to be safe, we all are," he said. When his house came into view on the long two lane road I almost gasped.

It was beautiful and almost completely glass, with wood paneled siding on some walls. There was a three car garage and he pulled up in front of the one on the far right.

I sucked in a breath and asked, "Why didn't you tell them about what I really am?" I kept my eyes straight until after a few moments and he didn't answer. I looked over at him slowly. "I don't know, something told me not to," he said calmly. I nodded and got out. I had a feeling there was something more but I didn't push it.

I changed into my night clothes and walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Music flooded around me and I smiled when I heard some rock fill my ears. I began dancing not even thinking about it. I was making a sandwich and dancing when I heard laughing behind me. I whipped around.

Daniel was watching me and leaning against the wide door frame and laughing. I grinned and danced over to him, he began backing away shaking his head.

But I snagged his hand and yanked him in a circle. Soon we were dancing and laughing. Suddenly we both felt it, the magic pulsated in the air. But we somehow knew it wasn't bad. I think it happened because we were having fun and our magic was as well. He looked down at me grinning. We were having fun, and I let my shield down. His eyes widened when he felt my magic. I immediately re-shielded.

"Sorry about that, it's just I don't get to just let my magic happen at all. I'm sorry again," I said turning away. He grabbed my arm and whipped me around and said, "It's alright Rose. I'm just shocked is all. I mean I never thought anyone could be that powerful." He smiled down at me and got a wicked sparkle in his eye, "I've got an idea." "What?" I asked. "Okay so when you showed me your true powers you weren't revealing all your power, what if, just for fun, we go out back and just let our magic fly a little. I'm sure your shield can contain us," he said with a grin.

"Yes!" I exclaimed and yanked on some shoes and took off out the back door. We ran to a clearing by the cliff. Wind whipped around me and whirled around. Daniel grinned and I chuckled and flung some wind with water in it at him.

He scowled at me as he shook off. We were enjoying ourselves when suddenly water soaked me. I gasped and whirled to Daniel. "How did you do that?" I exclaimed. "I don't know, I just wanted to get you back for earlier, I don't know how it happened," he said walking over to me.

"I told you Daniel. I told you things were changing. You being around me is causing your powers to become out of of whack. I should go," I said turning away. "No," he said yanking me back. Suddenly his lips met mine. His right hand tangled in my hand and his left wrapped around my right hip and yanked me closer, groaning.

I kissed him back, fiercely. My right hand ran through his hair and my left wrapped around his neck and drew him closer. He pulled away after a few moments and pressed his forehead against mine. "Wow," he whispered.

"Wow," I repeated, my breath ragged and my voice husky. "This....really complicates things," he muttered. "Yea it does," I whispered. "I know it's odd, asking you this now with everything going on, but will you go to the Bonfire with me next Friday?" he asked. I smiled and said, "Of course." The next day I woke in Daniel's arms.

We hadn't slept together or anything but he had calmed me down easily and I had finally slept the first night in years without waking screaming. I rested my chin on his chest and reached up and ran my long fingers over his jawline.

I brushed a stray strand of hair out of his face and his eyes flitted open. A sleepy smile spread across his face and he grabbed my hand gently and kissed it. I blushed deeply and held his hand in mine. The sunlight hit our intertwined hands and I smiled.

The phone ringing startled me. "Hello?" Daniel asked still holding my hand and holding the phone in his other. "Fionn? What's happened?" he asked immediately sitting up. I had to know, I had to do it.

I focused my magic and went through the phone to Fionn's mind. Aine had been hurt, badly. He needed an inside healer. "I don't know any Fionn!" Daniel shouted jumping up.

"I do," I said quietly. "Who?" Daniel asked whipping around. "Me," I said. "Rose, it's too dangerous," he said. I yanked the phone from his hand and said to Fionn, "We'll be there in two hours Fionn. I'm going to heal Aine, alright. Don't worry I'll heal her completely." I hung up and turned to Daniel. He was glaring at me.

I ignored him and yanked off my shorts and pulled on my pants. I heard Daniel groan. I ignored it and buttoned my pants. I left my tank top on and pulled on a button up white shirt and my coat.

I yanked on my shoes and grabbed my things and ran downstairs. "Am I driving or you?" I asked looking over my shoulder at Daniel. He arched an eyebrow and said, "Me." I shook my head and grabbed some food and got in his car. We were almost to Dublin and he said, "You don't have to do this Rose. I can heal her."

"You know it won't work. You know the extent of her injuries, you know it requires an internal healer," I said. His hand turned my face to his, he leaned over and kissed me. "I don't want to loose you," he whispered against my lips. "You won't," I said getting out.

I headed inside the college and followed Daniel underground and into the crypts. Aine was screaming in pain and I saw it then, a piece of the amulet of the goddess.

It could rip a Marked one's power away from them, but it could also be used to multiply the power of the Marked by a hundred, only a Khati would be able to handle that, I doubted I ever would.

I was rooted to the spot, my eyes glued on the amulet then snaked to Fionn, "You didn't say that she was stabbed with a shard of the amulet of the Goddess, Fionn! You know what that could do to the both of us!" I screamed.

"Please," he begged. Daniel's hand held mine tightly and I noticed the four council members staring at our intertwined hands shocked. I looked up at him and said, "Wish me luck." "Please Fionn. Don't make her do this," Daniel's voice broke as I released his hand and walked to Aine.

I ignored them all and wrapped my hand around the shard, I yanked it out but held it with one hand, I placed my other on the wound and began my healing process. But suddenly I sensed it, in Aine's mind I saw she was angry with Fionn for making her trick me. They wanted to know if I was the Khati by testing me with the shard.

Anger boiled through my blood. My eyes opened after I had completely healed Aine and she jumped back, my eyes were glowing amber. I clenched the shard and turned to the Council members and Fionn, Rian and Aine and Daniel. "You lied to me," I snarled.

"What?" Daniel asked looking at Fionn. Fionn turned to Daniel and said, "I was suspicious of her being the Khati Daniel. I came up to Dublin to beg the Council for use of the shard. Aine agreed to let it be done to herself and she was stabbed.

I called, knowing Rose would heal her. Why didn't you tell us what she was? What is it because it's supposed to be her?" Fionn asked when Daniel didn't answer.

Daniel looked away and Fionn whipped around to face me, "It can't be. She was never a Marked in a former life," he said coming closer.

I flicked my right wrist and he flew forwards. He stopped barely a foot from me. "Let's see what's going on in that little head of yours then," I hissed. I touched his forehead. I saw former lives flash before my eyes, he was always Rian's, Aine's and Daniel's protector. Then I saw her, or rather saw me. I was in every last former life.

I was always with Daniel even though he tried to stay away in the end we always ended up together, then we both died. Suddenly I saw another memory then, one of Daniel and I fighting. His power had lashed out at me but I hadn't been hurt, he had apologized endlessly in the memory. I jerked away from Fionn, "You lied to me to find out if I was the Khati. Why didn't you just ask?" I hissed.

"I couldn't have been sure that way," he said. "I could have demonstrated! I did with Daniel! Dammit Fionn you don't have to betray your family to find the truth!" I said my anger subsiding.

Suddenly I felt Daniel's growing. "Daniel?" I asked cautiously looking behind Fionn, who whipped around. Daniel's eyes were glowing and were pure black.

"You could have killed her Fionn. She could have died! Even if she hadn't been the Khati she still may have died! You were willing to risk everything I had been searching for on a hunch! You betrayed me Fionn! You knew how I felt about her, Rian even told you who she was to me! You knew everything I felt about her yet you still risked her life!" He snarled. Water whipped around Fionn's feet. "Since when do you control water Daniel?" Fionn asked a little uneasy.

One of the Council members spoke up, the tall lanky one. "It's from being around Miss Rose. Her power and since they are destined lovers their power will clash even more, molding to one another. He won't become as strong as her but he will become thrice as strong as the others the longer he's around her."

"How could you?" Daniel hissed at Fionn. The wind whipped up and papers went flying, shelves flew everywhere. Aine screamed and Rian covered her protectively. The members shouted for him to stop, Fionn begged. I threw the shard to the ground and smashed it.

Then I stepped in front of Fionn, the moment I did the wind slowed a little. "Daniel!" I shouted over the wind, edging closer. He wasn't looking at me but I knew he saw me, but he couldn't regain control, though I knew how hard he was fighting.

He didn't want to hurt anyone. "Rose no! He's unstable!" Fionn shouted grabbing my arm. I turned a little and said, "I can calm him down. Trust me Fionn."

12