Mary Jane: Trial by Fire Ch. 02

Story Info
Mary Jane contiues her quest to regain her marriage.
1.3k words
3.9
12.6k
2
0

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 07/21/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

2

The next morning Morlun and MJ arrived in Dresden, Germany. The legend of Mephisto started here, thus here is where the trial would start. Morlun and MJ checked into a fancy hotel so the woman could rest up for her journey. The vampire sat in a maroon chair, watching MJ sleep, remembering what happened the first time they had met. How Spiderman had over powered him in a desperate attempt to save the love of his life. Never in his life had he been over powered. He was once out smarted but never over powered. Morlun had to know why. There were two possibilities to explain. One was that it was a fluke or two, Spiderman was fuelled by love. He had to have an answer before he faced his dinner again.

The afternoon came and MJ entered the shower while Morlun waited in the lobby, ready to take her to dinner. He wouldn't dare stray far from MJ knowing that Mephisto may attack early to keep MJ from entering the trial. The demon removed their love because he feared it would be his destruction. Morlun wondered if his own death gave the demon lord that thought. None the less Morlun wanted answers about how he was so easily defeated and would not allow anyone to stop him.

MJ came down in a sparkling red designer dress. "So do you know any places to eat here?" MJ asked nervously.

Morlun thought back to the German superhero he used as a snack. "I remember having a bite when I was last here." He answered with a cruel smile.

The two went to a fancy restaurant. Morlun ordered some wine and their meals before MJ started to converse with her compainion, "What did you order us?"

"I would tell but I fear you might not eat it if you knew." Morlun replied, receiving a giggle from MJ.

"You know, one would think this is a date. A fancy restaurant, expensive wine, us dressed in our best."

"I do wish the occasion called for it but I'm afraid this is all a gesture of mercy. I do believe you will succeed, however I want you to have an evening of peace before your night of hell." Morlun replied.

After that conversation the dinner became silent, leaving MJ to wonder what she had gotten herself into. Was she really ready for the trial? Would she succeed? Her memories drifted back to a night when a car almost hit her when she was in a cab. Her heart pounded with fear as she wondered how her husband went out every night to fight crime and not lose his mind. It was how she felt right now. Coming back to the present, MJ realized she had better learn Peter's secret before the trial. After dinner MJ got dressed in a black sleeveless turtleneck, blue jeans, and brown hiking boots, feeling the outfit would be more battle worthy. MJ met her guide down stairs before proceeding to the cemetery. Morlun led the way through cemetery at mid-night to a completely sealed tomb. The vampiric creature punched through stone house, leading to a lost passageway. He quickly stepped in as MJ remained hesitant about the challenge. She knew she was fighting for something important yet this was also a trial where she could die. MJ was never the heroic one in this life. She tried to break through Mephisto's wall further in an attempt to see if she was ever heroic in her marriage. Her mind flashed to a bridge where the Green Goblin was about to kill her husband. Pulling out a gun hidden in her purse she fired in an attempt to save her husband.

"Mrs. Parker, are you coming?" Morlun asked poking his head out.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." She replied quickly before entering the passage way. The inside was covered in unusual and horrifying designs that Mary Jane couldn't describe. However the look of them was rather satanic that increasing her nervousness. At the end of the underground hall were two large doors.

"This is your final chance to turn back. Once the trial begins there is no way out." Morlun said, staring at the door.

MJ closed her eyes as her mind floated back when Peter was on the run from the law and she was about to be arrested unless she gave S.H.I.E.L.D her husband's location. Her only reply to S.H.I.E.L.D was 'Arrest me.' Mary Jane opened her eyes, replying with full confidence."I don't want to turn back. I want my husband."

MJ started towards the door until Morlun called. "Wait. I have gift for you." MJ looked at Morlun curiously as he pulled out a sword, brightening the room. The metal was silver with violet edges. The hilt was royal purple connecting to six purple sapphires. "I had it specially made for you. I went with purple to be the symbol of love. To me, red is just too angry and pink is alright for a young love, but not a love that has endured so much and still survived." MJ took the sword, amazed how light the blade was. Wanting to get a feel for it she swung the blade around amazed as how it easily felt like it was connected to her. As she held the blade, she remembered when Spiderman was fighting hordes of vicious creatures. Desiring to help him she heard a sword compelling her to take it. Unable to remember anything else, MJ turned back to the door knocking on it ready for anything.

A figure cloaked in black appeared. "Who wishes to enter the Trials of Mephisto?"

"I do." MJ said fiercely, glaring at the figure.

"Many who enter do not return. They die, lose themselves, or go mad, or are transformed into servants of Mephisto. Fully knowing the risks, do you still wish enter?"

"I'm here for my husband. Open that door."

"Very well. You have been warned" The cloaked figure replied before disappearing. The large doors opened, signifying the trials were beginning.

Stepping through the doors, MJ could feel extreme heat coming from below. Morlun began to follow but was stopped by the cloaked creature. "Only one may enter trials."

Morlun glared at the creature replying, "I only intend to watch. It would be wise not to interfere."

The creature stared at Morlun, seeing the sincerity in his eyes as he let Morlun pass. The doors immediately closed as soon as Morlun walked through. MJ saw a rock bridge with an orange glow on both sides. Looking down the edge of the cliff, she could see a river of lava passing through. MJ became even more nervous as she saw how narrow the bridge actually was. She carefully stepped out on the bridge, walking across the lava river, not want the trial to end before it had even begun. Suddenly a serpent shot out of the lava, glaring at MJ hungrily. The snake struck, forcing MJ to move left. After another strike, MJ was forced to dodge left again, causing her to lose her sword as well as fall, hanging on the edge of the bridge. The actress looked at Morlun who held a grim look. The snake moved to the other side of the bridge and glared up at the woman hanging for her life. The serpent moved in just as MJ managed to lift herself up, rolling forward to get her sword. The snake swirled around the bridge, snapping its prey up in its mouth its head landing on the bridge. The snake remained motionless as a blade appeared out of the cheek of his mouth, creating an opening. MJ came out covered in slime, her blade red with blood.

"What happened?" Morlun asked, walking over.

"I shoved the blade upward as the snake closed it's mouth. Killed it easily." MJ replied, wiping the slime off of her, feeling disgusted and proud at the same time.

"I see. I almost thought you were lost when you fell nearly off the side."

"You weren't alone. Come on I have a feeling this trial is far from over."

"Agreed." Morlun answered, following the red haired woman. Up above MJ and Morlun stood Mephisto glaring down at the two angrily.