Mass Effect: Shards Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I feel you," Takara squealed quietly. Athena wrapped her arms around the human woman, clinging tightly to her as she quivered. The pleasure was self-perpetuating, lasting for what seemed an eternity. Climaxes came and went, rendering both of them incoherent masses of sweating flesh.

Eventually, the sensations began to overwhelm Takara, becoming almost painful. "It's too much," Athena whispered. The sensations began to subside, and their hearts raced as they slowly came down from their mutual ecstasy. Takara collapsed on top of Athena, panting for breath. "Are you okay?"

"Umm-hmm," she nodded groggily. Takara sluggishly raised her head from Athena's chest, gazing into those green gems. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Making me feel loved," she whispered. Athena simply pulled Takara's head against her chest and closed her eyes.

******

Athena was jolted awake by a loud crash at the entrance to the room. She was on her back, with Takara face down on top of her, resting her head on the soft blue pillows. She lay silently, holding her breath, listening for any sign of an intruder. There was a loud scraping, and a narrow shaft of light poured in from the entrance. "Takara, Takara, wake up!" she whispered, shaking the warm body on top of her.

"Hmm... what?" Takara sighed softly, at last waking up.

"Get up, someone found us!"

"Huh?"

"Wharton's men, they found us!" Athena cried desperately. The mention of her captor's name caused a surge of adrenaline through Takara. She jumped to her feet and raced to put her clothes on while Athena did the same.

"Ma'am, I think I hear something in there!" yelled a voice from outside.

"Fuck," Takara muttered under her breath.

"Outta the way, Private," said a gravely female voice, before something blocked the light coming into the room. Athena grabbed the pistol and pulled Takara behind a row of seats, peeking over the top. A lone figure appeared, crawling out of the tunnel. As soon as it stood, Athena recognized the figure.

"Jack!"

"Boss?"

"I thought I told you two to meet me at Alliance Command. What the fu...," she paused, catching herself. "What happened, ya get lost?"

"Wharton's men chased us. We hid in here," Athena answered.

"Right," Jack sighed sarcastically, "I know what happened. Come on, let's get outta this crap hole." Athena and Takara followed Jack back through the tunnel. A small team of Alliance Marines were gathered outside next to a shuttle. "After you two 'hid' instead of going where you were supposed to, Hackett called out the dogs to find you," she said, climbing into the shuttle

"We were waiting for daybreak before moving on," Athena explained as they took their seats.

"What the hell were you waitin' for day for?" Jack cried. "Ya move at night when you're being chased. God, you really do have a lot to learn." She then leaned in closer to whisper in Athena's ear, "Like how to pretend that you aren't fucking my student."

"How did you-" Athena gasped, but Takara cut her off.

"Hey, boss, I really gotta get this damn collar off," she whined, pulling at the metal device.

"Don't worry, the techs in London will be able to get that off, easy."

******

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but we can't remove it safely."

"What?" screamed Takara, tears welling in her eyes. Hid her face on Athena's chest and sobbed.

"What do you mean you can't get it off? Grab a torch and cut," Jack snarled at the technician. They were in an examination room in the Alliance infirmary in London. The young engineer had been examining Takara's collar for more than two hours while she sat on the table, Athena holding her hand a Jack leaning against the wall impatiently.

"If it was that simple, I would have had it off two hours ago," he explained. "The device is designed to be tamper resistant. It has a built in explosive designed to kill there wearer if removed incorrectly."

"Oh, god," Takara cried into Athena's chest. The asari did her best to comfort her.

"So, what? It never comes off?"

"It comes off, I just can't do it. I have never seen tech like this before. It's totally unlike anything else I've ever seen."

"Reaper?"

"Maybe, but I don't think so. You need to have an expert look at this."

"You're supposed to be the fuckin' expert!" Jack screamed angrily at him before storming out of the room. Athena followed her, pulling Takara along. They found Jack leaning against the wall, staring at nothing. "We're gonna have to get that drink some other time. Come on, Takara, let's go."

Jack pulled Takara away from Athena and started towards the exit. "Wait, I'm coming with you!"

"I don't think so, kid. This is gonna get ugly, and you aren't like your mother. Father. Whatever, you aren't like Shepard." Takara's head shot up.

"Your Shepard's daughter?" she exclaimed, looking at Athena.

"Takara, go to the shuttle. I'll meet you there," Jack ordered.

"But, I-"

"Now!" she snapped. Takara nodded and walked off down the hall. When she was out of earshot, Jack turned to Athena. "Look, kid, there is no way some second-rate flesh peddler gets his hands on tech like that collar. Someone else wanted my kid, and I'm gonna find out who. You'd only slow me down, and I can't have that."

"I can help," Athena protested, but Jack turned to leave.

"Go home, kid. Read a book if ya want to know more about Shepard."

"I can help, Jennifer." Jack froze.

"What did you just say?" she asked quietly, not looking back.

"I said I can help."

"No, the name. What name did you call me?"

"Jennifer. Your first name."

"Only three people besides me know that name. One's dead. Liara is another. I assume she told you."

"Yes. She can find out anything. Let me come with you, and she will help." Jack stared at her for a minute.

"Come on," she said as she turned to leave.

"Where are we going?"

"To find the only other person that knows my name."

In the shadows of the hallway, a pair of eyes watched them depart. "Interesting."