Max and Megan Ch. 02

Story Info
Max comes home and learns a secret.
3.8k words
4.3
21.6k
8

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/10/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**Special thanks to Azure for editing.**


Max Roberts climbed out of the back of the cab. He set his duffel bag on the ground in front of him. He glanced up at the two story home in front of him. Its exterior looked nearly the same as the last time he had been standing before it. The grass was cut short, the bushes trimmed nicely to line the path to the door.

It was not his home. He had given up his apartment because it didn't make any sense to keep it, what with him not being around to use it. Maybe coming here was a bad idea, but he had nowhere else to go. He hoped they'd let him stay, or else he would be hoofing it to the next homeless shelter.

Max scooped up his bag and walked up the sidewalk. He nervously rang the doorbell and stood back. He waited a minute or two and when there was no answer, he turned to walk away. The door slowly creaked open.

"Max! What a surprise, I didn't know you were home." Hal Peterson grinned. The portly man nearly knocked him over as he hugged him and gave him a stiff smack on the back. He didn't look like he'd changed a bit. He still had a beer belly and grey hair. "How long have you been back?" He practically dragged Max into the house.

"I got off the plane a few hours ago." Max told him as he followed Hal into the kitchen. The house looked the same. Pictures of Megan lined the wall as they always had. It was almost as if he had never left.

"Great!" Hal clapped his hands together and headed for the kitchen. "Come, sit down and have a beer." Max raised an eyebrow, Hal was being strange. The man usually was not as animated.

Max thanked him as he took a bottle and sat down at the oak table.

A childlike screech came from the living room, followed by running footsteps. Max turned to look in the direction it was coming from. In ran a blur of a child. The boy came to an abrupt halt when he saw Max.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"This is Christian. And he is Max." Hal introduced them.

"Hi!" The little boy giggled and ran out of the room just as swiftly as he had run in. Max wondered idly if he had been that obnoxious when he was that age. He wondered what that age was as well. Hal must have been babysitting someone's child.

Hal sat down at the table with Max. "I assume you are here to see Megan."

"Well Sir, I was wondering, if it's not too much trouble, if I could stay with you for a while." Max was scared Hal would say no. Then he'd have nowhere else to turn.

"Of course you can stay here!" Hal replied as if it were a preposterous idea that he'd turn him away. "Why, I'd be a fool to turn a War Hero away."

"I'm not a hero." Max paused, taking a gulp of beer. "How was she, after I left?"

Hal's face seemed to fall. "She was depressed and decided to drop out of college. I tried to make her keep going but you know how she is."

Max did know. The girl was stubborn as hell. You'd tell her to go left, she'd go right just to show you that she was.

"Is she here?"

"She went to work, but she should be home in a bit." Hal chuckled. "She'll be in for a shock."

***

"I'm sorry about the room." Hal apologized. "If I knew you were coming I wouldn't have gotten rid of the normal bed."

Max stood staring at the bed. It was a red plastic racecar. He didn't think there was any way it would hold his weight. He wasn't sure about sleeping on it. It seemed a bit absurd for a twenty seven year old to be sleeping in a twin sized car.

Hal grinned. "I can get you an air mattress if you don't feel like racing. The boy is crazy about cars."

"I can tell." Max looked around the room. Even the lamp sported a car with a racing flag themed shade. The walls were lined with a checkered flag border. The floor had a small track running the edges of the room.

Before he could ask why the kid had a whole room, a door opened. Even though it had been many years, he knew the sound was the creaky front door. "Megan is home." Hal nudged Max towards the door.

Max was not sure if he wanted to go out the door, what if she hated him? Of course, he would not blame her for it. She had every right to after he left her like he had so long ago.

He did not have much of a choice as Hal nearly shoved him out the bedroom door and down the hall to the stairs. Max was a bit concerned the man would throw him down the staircase. When they had safely reached the bottom, they turned to the left into the kitchen.

As Max rounded the corner, he caught a glimpse of Megan. Her hair was short. Gone was the beautiful strawberry hair, in its place was a shoulder length blonde hair. She seemed to have gained a bit of weight, which was good since she was underweight when he had last seen her. He could not see her face; she was bent over the counter writing something on a notepad. He took a quick look at her butt and smiled, it was still cute.

"We are out of fruit snacks." She said nonchalantly. "Or so I was told." She shrugged, not looking towards them.

"That is too bad, 'cause I was really craving some." Max said, sounding cheesy even to himself.

She froze. It seemed like forever before she slowly turned to face him. "Max," She crossed her arms in front of herself and leaned back against the counter. "What are you doing here?"

"Your father was kind enough to let me stay here." Max replied stupidly.

"Mommy!" came the shrieking whirlwind child. Mommy? Megan a mom, the concept was mind boggling. Christian nearly launched himself at her. "That's Max."

"I know Sweetie." She hugged the child to her.

"How?"

She took a moment to form an answer. "We were...friends, a very long time ago."

Hal seemed to sense the tension in the room. "Christian, let's go get ice cream and let your Mommy and Max have some alone time."

"Dad! It will ruin his supper." Megan frowned.

"Oh hush, can't a grandpa spoil his only grandson?" Christian jumped up and ran out the door, racing Hal to the car. Hal winked at them and left the kitchen.

Soon the door shut behind him, leaving Max and Megan standing in the kitchen staring at each other.

"You look great. The blonde is different."

"Don't think that you can just show up after three years and expect me to be friendly." Megan nearly spat at him.

Max frowned. "I didn't think you would. I needed a place to stay."

"Go sleep under the bridge. If you are really nice, I'm sure they will share their booze." She grabbed the empty bottle he had from earlier and tossed it in the recycle bin.

Max closed his eyes, mentally counting from ten to one. "Megan, I know you are pissed at me. I had to leave. I had orders."

"Did you have orders not to call? Not to write a letter or email?" She glared at him. Her green eyes were nothing but tiny slits and her nose was crinkled. He would have told her she was cute that way, but it wouldn't have helped any.

Max didn't know why, but something drove him to close the few feet to where she stood. She did not back away, and he wasn't so sure she wouldn't try to hit him upside the head. His hand reached out slowly, until it touched hers. She withdrew her hand.

"Don't touch me." With that, she turned and stomped out of the kitchen.

***

Dinner had been quiet. The only noise at the table was the clinking of silverware on glass plates and Christian who had not stopped talking since he got home. He talked about how many scoops of ice cream he ate compared to Hal. Max wished life was so simple that all he would have to worry about was out-eating his Dad at ice cream.

After the awkward supper was over, Max took a shower and went back in the bedroom. Hal had forgotten to give him the air mattress, so it looked like he had two choices. He could sleep on the floor, or in the car. He sighed and crawled into the racecar. He turned off the lamp.

The irony of the situation made him laugh in the dark. Here he was in a racecar bed, with a million thoughts racing in his head. Who was the little boy? Had Megan found another man? Did she hate him? She should, he thought to himself. She was right, he could've contacted her but didn't.

It wasn't that he didn't want to talk to her. He had written several emails but when it came to hitting the send button, he just couldn't do it. If he did, he'd think about being home with her. It hurt so much to want something he couldn't have until his tour was over. It had felt like an eternity. He knew she was such a great girl, that by the time he came home she would have found someone else and been happy with him. It wasn't right to make her wait.

His mind finally quieted and allowed him to drift off to sleep.

***

Max moved silently into a grove of pine trees that hid his body from the pale moonlight. He found a large aspen on the edge of the thicket and braced against it. His eyes scanned the field in front of him. He did not see anything out of place.

A loud THWACK sounded near him. He looked over to see a large knife stuck in the tree trunk. It was only inches from his face. He glanced in the direction it had come from. A man wearing all black was standing in the middle of the field. Something, or someone, lay crumpled at his feet.

"Ah, how nice of you to join us Roberts." The man sneered as a slow smile spread on his lips. He reached to the lump at his feet and yanked it up by the hair. The girl he held yelped in pain.

"Let her go." Max freed the knife from the tree and held it in front of him.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that." He grasped the girl harder, causing the female to elicit a cry of pain.

Max moved away from the trees and walked forward until he was a mere five feet away. His heart stopped when he saw the person the man held with a rough grip. It was Megan. "Let her go." He growled.

The man produced another knife seemingly from nowhere. He waved it in the air in front of himself, as if to show Max that he too had a blade. He raked it along Megan's neck. Her eyes were wide with fear and she whimpered.

"I could easily just apply more pressure and that would be the end of your little firecracker."

Max thought it was odd that he had called her that. But before he could figure it out, the man shoved Megan to the ground with a dull thud and launched himself at Max. The knife skimmed his arm drawing a crimson line on his skin.

Max ground his teeth and struck him with his fist. It was odd to him that the scene was over so quickly. The man hit the ground, the well placed blow knocking his lights out. Max grinned and let out a sigh of relief.

He returned his gaze to Megan. He briskly walked to her and scooped her up in his arms. She had bruises and scratches on her face. A new wave of anger washed over Max. How dare that man do this to her!

"Wake up."

His eyes flew open. Where was he? He scanned the room, finally realizing he was lying in the racecar bed at Megan's house. She stood hesitantly near the bed in a pink bathrobe.

"What?" He blinked in the bright light.

"You were making horrible noises in your sleep." She replied.

Max sat up, his shirt was soaked with sweat. He peeled it off and threw it on the floor and shrugged. "It was a nightmare. Happens."

Megan's face showed a hint of concern, which he thought was strange after her outburst earlier that evening. She frowned and reached down to trace the jagged scar on his chest. Her mouth opened as if she was going to ask him where that had come from, but thought better of it. Her hand was warm against him.

He couldn't say why he did it, but he pulled her to him and brushed his lips across hers. He continued planting light kisses along her lips. "I missed you so much." He whispered hoarsely against her mouth. The tip of his tongue touched her lips.

His hands smoothed her hair from her face as he continued kissing her. He drew her into the bed, mildly surprised it was so easy. He nipped at her neck and shoulder. Her back arched, pressing her closer. Her hands ran over his abs, tracing them.

Max began to untie the robe belt. Propping himself on one arm, his other dipped under the fabric. He ran his hand along her smooth skin up to her breast. He gently cupped it. Her back arched off the bed. He smiled to himself as he flicked her nipple with his thumb.

He pulled it aside, his breath exciting her skin. When his tongue flicked her nipple, she crashed violently up into him. He grinned at the contact, and clamped his lips around it. Her hands flew to his head and held him close.

He took the opposite nipple into his mouth, and ran his hand down her smooth tummy. He toyed with her waistband to her underwear. She tilted her hips up, silently asking for his touch. He slid his hand under them, over her smooth hairless mound. His palm slid all the way to the bottom of her slit, and slid back up, coating her with her own juices. His finger began probing her very hot pussy. She gasped when he touched her clit. She was so sensitive.

"Max, we need to go to my room." She said breathlessly.

As Max stood up, his finger slipped into her. He wiggled it side to side as he turned her so he could scoop her up. With some difficulty, he managed to get her in his arms without taking his hand from her. He nearly ran the short distance to her room.

He dropped her on the bed, and began pulling her robe and panties off. She slid his underwear off, his dick sprung out, standing straight out. She reached out and wrapped her small hands around his shaft. He paused, relishing the feeling of the coolness from her fingers. She began to squeeze and stroke him slowly. Max groaned and pushed forward into her ministrations.

After a few minutes, he could take it no more. He reached down and began to rub her pussy. She laid back into the pillows, Max joining her on his side. He sucked a hard nipple into his mouth. His tongue flicked the bud, Megan arched up.

"Please." She whispered breathlessly.

Max quickly rolled over her body and parted her legs. Leaning on one arm, he guided himself to her soft wet folds. He rubbed the head against her clit. She arched into him. Max pushed into her, sinking to the hilt. They both groaned loudly. Without waiting, Max went into a frenzied pace. It had been so long.

He thrust in and out of her, his balls slapping against her thighs audibly. She was writhing under him in pure ecstasy. His hand grabbed her breast, causing her to squeal.

Max quickly pulled out and Megan began to protest. He rolled her over onto her back and pulled her to her knees quickly. She looked at him questioningly until he moved back in behind her and inserted his penis back in her.

He found a fast paced rhythm, slamming in and out of her sweet center. Her breasts lurched forward with each thrust, his hands found them and squeezed.

His pace seemed to falter, he was dangerously close. He abandoned her breasts and reached a hand down to her clit and rubbed it fast. Megan nearly screamed, burying her head in the pillow to muffle it. That was all it took to send him over the edge. He grabbed her hips roughly and plunged as deep as he could. He shook as each spasm sent his cum deep inside her. He pulled out and collapsed on the bed. Megan fell breathlessly beside him.

Max snaked his arm out and drew her against him. "You are so sexy." He murmured against her ear.

***

"Mommy!" Max's eyes popped open. The room was still dark, and glancing at the clock it was only four in the morning. The boy was standing at the door. Max grabbed his boxers off the floor and slipped them on under the covers. He glanced over and saw Megan was sound asleep.

"What's the matter?" Max asked him quietly getting up putting his jeans on and going to the door.

"I want my Mommy, I had a bad dream." Christian told him with a sob. Max scooped the boy up.

"Mommy is sleeping, but you can tell me about it, I have bad dreams too." Max carried him downstairs and turned on the living room light.

"Really? Is that why you were in my Mom's room?"

Max chuckled. "Exactly. Now, tell me what it was." He sat on the couch still holding Christian.

"Well, there was a bad guy chasing me. I punched him, and he got mad." He told him all about his bad dream, bad guy and all. Max listened and compared in his mind his nightmares to the boy's.

"I like you, Max." Christian leaned against him and hugged him. Max rested his hand against his head, rubbing his short brown hair idly. The kid's hair was almost the same color as his own.

"I like you too." He had never really been around children much. He wasn't sure if he really had done anything for the little boy. He just did what felt natural. They stayed like that for a while, Max realized Christian had fallen back asleep. Afraid to wake him up again, Max closed his eyes.

***

After a shower and shave, Max came out of the bathroom feeling refreshed. He made up the car bed, and headed downstairs. He saw Megan reclining on the couch and smiled. Walking towards her, he came to sit beside her.

"Sup, Buttercup?"

"Sup? What are you, fifteen?" She looked at him funny. "Just was thinking."

"About?"

"About what happened last night. Maybe it was a mistake."

His smile faded and was replaced by a frown. "How was it a mistake? You didn't seem to think so at the time."

"Because Max, you left. You should not have come back here. I should not have done what I did last night." She stared at the carpet in front of her.

"I wasn't thinking right. It's been years since a man has touched me." Megan admitted.

"Well since you have a kid, obviously that isn't entirely true. Speaking of him, where did he come from?" Max questioned.

Megan got up off the couch and walked over to a bookshelf. She pulled out what looked to be a photo album. Bringing the album with her, she sat back down next to him. Placing the album in his lap she indicated with a nod for him to open it.

Max opened the cover. The first page was of Christian as a newborn, mouth wide open, screaming mad. Underneath the picture written in blue calligraphy it read: Maxwell Christian Roberts. Max's heart sped up and he had the urge to throw the book from his lap, as if it was on fire.

His eyes flew up to meet Megan's. She smiled feebly at him. "Why does that say Maxwell Roberts?"

"Because, he is your son." She answered him quietly. "We use his middle name instead."

"Why did you not tell me? Not one of the letters you sent said you were pregnant with my child!" He began to raise his voice in anger.

Megan closed her eyes slowly and took a deep breath. "You left and didn't contact me. I figured you were done with me. I was sure that if you had known you wouldn't have wanted anything to do with him." She opened her eyes. "I wanted to protect him."

"Protect him from me? I am not that heartless, I would have sent you money. I would have helped raise him." He ground out.

She reached across and flipped a few pages into the book. He looked down and saw a picture of Christian-Maxwell- whatever his name was, as a toddler, smiling up at a picture. The picture was of Max dressed in his uniform. "He knows the picture as Daddy. I told him you were in the Army. I'm surprised he hasn't figured it out that you are the man in the picture. He is mighty proud."

Max's head was spinning. One day he was near homeless, the next he finds out he has a son whom he never knew about. Not knowing what to say, Max flipped through the pictures. There were pictures of Christian's first steps, his first birthday. All the 'firsts' Max missed and wasn't even given the option of having seen.

When he reached the end of the album, he closed it. "Why did you use my name?" The middle name was not the same as his, but it was close enough.

"He looks like you, except for his eyes. He has your personality, too. He is an exact image of you, only as a child."

Max stood up, unable to hear anymore. She had hid the truth for too long. He couldn't help but feel betrayed. He did not get in touch with her, but he did it to save her from the heartache of being alone. He thought she'd meet a man who would make her happy when he couldn't. Never did he once think instead she would hide a child, his child, from him for four years.

12