McKayla's Miracle Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HLD
HLD
2,964 Followers

"I guess they feel that the world is already over-populated," McKayla replied with a smirk. "God made us in His image. That includes people who are black, people who are white, people who like dogs and people who don't like sushi. And it includes gays and lesbians. God loves me, despite all my flaws and no matter who I have in my bed."

She squeezed my hand.

"When you hear people say, 'God hates fags' and other shit like that, they're not speaking for God," my lover said, "They're speaking for themselves. They've read His Word and have interpreted it one way, but you can use the Bible to justify just about anything."

"Like what?" I said. Not only was McKayla beautiful, but she was smart, too.

"People have used the Bible to justify slavery, misogyny, you name it. And lately, homophobia." Our breakfast was forgotten. She took my hand and led me to the back of her house, past her bedroom.

In one of the spare rooms, she had set up a small private office. In another, there were stacks and stacks of books. McKayla is a neat person. Think of every anal-retentive accountant stereotype you know and that's her.

But this room was unlike any other in her house. Along one wall, a set of mahogany bookshelves stretched from the floor to the ceiling. The shelves were filled with books of all types, but that wasn't all. On the floor, on tables, in boxes. Books were everywhere. They weren't messy; everything was in an ordered pile, but it seemed to me that she was reading books faster than she could find space on the shelves for them.

She went straight to the desk and picked up a book with a well-worn leather cover and pages that had been read through over and over. McKayla flipped through the first part of the Bible and then handed it to me, pointing to a spot on the page. "Read this. Leviticus, chapter 18, verse 22."

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." My spine shivered as I realised what she was showing me.

I looked up from the page at McKayla, wondering why she would be showing me a verse that seemed to tell me quite clearly that what I had spent the night (and next morning) doing was wrong.

"There it is, in black and white," my lover said. "God has spoken and given us His word. Homosexuality is wrong."

She smiled, as if to let me in on a secret, and then took the book from my hands.

"Now read this," she flipped to a couple pages earlier then handed it back to me. "Leviticus, chapter 11, verses 9 and 10."

"These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat," I wondered where this was going. "And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you."

I stared at the page, letting it sink in.

"The fishes 'that have not fins and scales in the seas', which ones are those?" she asked me, that glint back in her eyes. "Shrimp, lobster, crab. 'They shall be an abomination unto you'. Just as a man laying with man and a woman laying with woman."

She lip turned up into a mischievous smile. "The Bible tells us lots of things. Some of which we follow and some of which we ignore. We are told quite clearly not to eat pork or some other things, yet we do. Why? Because technology and modern health standards make them okay to eat. So why do some of us hang on to ideas that may also be out of date?"

As she talked, I think that was the moment I fell in love with her. She knew herself. She was so secure in her sexuality, in her person and in her skin, that I felt nothing but envy for her.

"I love listening to people quote Leviticus and tell me that being a lesbian is wrong because when I tell them that after having the shrimp cocktail or lobster bisque or crabcake for dinner, they just committed a sin equivalent to having homosexual sex, they go apeshit," her smile changed from mischievous to straight-out wicked. "The Bible is a guide for us all. It's generally good, but contradicts itself in places and it's dated in other ways. Our calling today is to discern God's Word and how it affects our lives. I believe the Bible was inspired by God, but written by humans. That means it is flawed."

McKayla seemed to know what she was talking about and she drew me in immediately. I felt the conviction of her faith and knew her sincerity. In all my life, I had never devoted much time to thinking about church things; sure I knew a few of the "essential stories", but I hadn't devoted much mental energy to them.

"Choosing to ignore some parts of the Bible doesn't mean we have to throw it all out," she said, gently placing the book back on the desk. "It means we have to discover its larger meaning. For instance, if you listen to the talking heads on TV, you'd believe that the entirety of the Bible is devoted to two causes: opposing abortion and homosexuality. But how many verses of the Bible discuss homosexuality?"

"I couldn't tell you," I said, shaking my head.

"Four." McKayla said, taking my hand and leading me back to her living room. "How many are related to poverty?"

"Couldn't tell you that, either."

"Over two thousand. What should that tell us, as Christians?" McKayla asked.

"Homosexuality shouldn't be high up on our priority list." I let her lead me on.

"Exactly," she said. "I don't believe being a lesbian is wrong. IknowGod made me this way. It's not a choice. It's not something I would have chosen. But it's who I am. God would not have made me gay if He didn't want me to be that way."

"What does that say about me?" I whispered. "I've never thought of myself as being a lesbian . . . but . . . but I like it . . . at least when I'm with you."

McKayla reached out and took me in her arms. I felt so comfortable in her embrace. So safe.

"It says that I've still got my touch," she whispered in my ear, a gentle teasing tone to her voice. "I'm sohawtI can make straight girls go gay."

We giggled together and her soft lips pressed against mine.

"Does it feel right to you?" McKayla asked, her voice a little more serious.

"Yes," I breathed.

"Then what's to wonder about?" She leaned in to kiss me a little harder this time. "One of the things I believe about Christ's message is that love is never wrong. I don't think it matters whether it's between a man and a woman, two men or two women. The things we do are just acts, but how we treat each other is how God will judge us."

"So we just shared an 'act'?" I asked, my turn to have that teasing tone.

"Several." McKayla winked. Her hand went to the back of my neck. I tilted my head back and opened my mouth. Her tongue intertwined with mine. "And I plan on sharing many more with you later today."

"Mmmmmm," I purred. "That sounds like a plan."

"What do you want to do now?" McKayla asked. "Finish breakfast?"

"Maybe later," I said seductively. "I think you need to pray some more."

"Pray?" she gave me a quizzical look.

"Yes, sweetheart, you're going to pray." Taking her hand, I pulled her toward the bedroom. "Are you ready? Repeat after me . . . Oh, god . . . OH! God . . . Oh, GOD!"

We laughed and fell into each other's arms.

***********************

That night, I tried to convince McKayla to call in sick with me the next day, but she had some important meetings. I had to be at work early, too, so I headed home late Sunday. I also needed some time to think.

What was I doing? My feelings for McKayla were becoming stronger. There was definitely an attraction between us, and not just because of the sex. I was intrigued by her intelligence. She was interested in the world. We talked about nearly everything. She was funny. She was kind. The only way she could have been more perfect was if she spent her weekends volunteering at a shelter for homeless kids and donated a kidney to a random stranger.

Yet a little part of me wondered if I was willing to completely change my lifestyle. I felt some of that while at church and out in public with her. I felt like people were staring at us. Judging us. Judgingme.

I felt so alone that night. Laying in my bed, without her arms around me, I wished she were there to comfort me. I had never felt that way with anyone before. Even with my ex, for the two years we were together, I don't ever remember wanting him touching me as I slept. And there I was, missing the gentle touch of my female lover.

A part of me wanted to call her, but would that make me come off as being desperate? Or would that scare her off? After all, McKayla was already cautious of relationships; the last thing I wanted to do was smother her. So I lay there alone, counting sheep and wishing my lover was next to me.

When I finally fell asleep, it was only bundled up under my heavy comforter and surrounded by pillows. They were poor surrogates for my raven-haired beauty with the charming smile and tender touch.

The next day, I had lunch with Allyson and Bretlynn. We met at the Chinese place in the strip mall. I didn't say much. They seemed to be staring at me.

"Sooooo?" Bretlynn asked, finally breaking the tension. "How was it?"

"Don't you mean, 'How wasshe'?" Ally snickered.

My face flushed with embarrassment.

The other girl's hand slammed down on the table. "Iknewit! McKayla had the exact same look this morning when she came in!"

I looked away, worried that the other people in the restaurant might be staring.

"You mean the I-just-got-some look?" Bretlynn grinned.

"Stop it!" I said with no threat in my voice. The other girls spent the rest of the meal teasing me and trying to get me to blush some more. They succeeded.

Allyson pulled me aside as we were leaving. Her face suddenly turned serious. "Amberle, I don't know what you did to her, but she's got it for you. Bad. She's had that dreamy look in her eyes all morning and thisneverhappens. Not to McKayla. She almost missed her lunch meeting because she was too busy obsessing about you."

My jaw dropped.

"I've known McKayla for almost two years. She's had more one night stands than the three of us put together. Usually after one of these weekends, she comes in and is as cool as ice. She's a mess today," Allyson paused for a second. She looked me in the eyes. "If you're getting together, I want you to know that no one is happier for you two than me. She deserves so much better than she's had, and she's got so much to offer . . . Hell, you know that."

I tried to say something, but couldn't. It was as if my voice had been stolen.

"Just don't break her heart, Amberle," Allyson said, her voice dropping to a whisper. "I don't think she could handle it."

For a long moment, I just stood there, mute. Bretlynn finished paying her bill and Allyson pulled me out the door with them.

I went back to work but didn't get anything else done that day. Allyson's words echoed over and over in my mind. She could have said the exact same thing to McKayla about me and she would have been just as right.

When my watch read 4:00, I figured that it was 5 o'clock in Nova Scotia, so I made up an excuse and left work early. My boss didn't care; all the reports had been run and in truth, I could have just left and he never would have said anything to me.

As soon as I got back to my apartment, I picked up my phone and called McKayla.

"Hey, baby," she said quietly.

"Are you busy?" I asked.

"Kind of," her voice was soft. I could hear someone talking in the background. They were going on and on about something financial. "I'm in a meeting."

"I was wondering what you were doing for dinner." Was it too soon to see her again? Was I coming off as too eager? I really didn't care though, I just wanted to be with her again. Ineededto be with her again.

"I don't have any plans," she said.

"Well," I said seductively. "Why don't you come by my place after work? I think I can find something for you to eat."

"That sounds delicious," McKayla replied, and I could picture the mischievous grin on her face.

I decided to tease her some more. "And right now, it's happy hour. Two for one until 5:00."

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

"The apartment will be unlocked."

She burst through the front door at 4:58.

I was in my bed. Naked.

McKayla stayed over that night and I found out that she didn't ever want to sleep alone again either.

***********************

The next week passed quickly. The only times we were apart was when we were at work. Otherwise, the two of us were out to dinner or home watching TV or in bed. We alternated between her house and my apartment. My place was closer to our jobs but hers was nicer.

I felt comfortable with her. And I think she felt the same way around me. Out in public, I still felt awkward. I couldn't take her hand when walking along the beach or put my arms around her at the mall for fear of attracting all sorts of unwanted attention. On the few occasions when we did so, I discovered that we were either being started at disapprovingly by older people or gawked at by horny young men.

I spent the next Friday night in her bed. We made love all night. It was cool enough to leave the windows open and with the warm ocean breeze and waves crashing on the shore, the atmosphere was perfect for romance.

Waking up in her arms made me realise how lonely I had been for the past few months. I watched her sleep for a long time. She looked so peaceful. So beautiful. That was the morning I vowed to do everything in my power to hold on to her.

We spent a lazy Saturday around her house. After dinner, with the sun setting, we sat on the beach as the clouds streaked with reds and oranges. I leaned back into her arms. This stretch of sand was devoid of tourists; they were further south with the hotels and resorts. Her neighbourhood was gated and the beach fenced off so other people on the beach were few and far between.

Her strong arms were wrapped around me. I turned my head and nuzzled up against her neck. She let out a contented sigh. Her eyes were closed and there was a slight smile on her lips.

"You are a wonderful kisser," she said in my ear.

"So are you," I replied.

"Can I ask you something?" she said after a long pause.

"Anything, sweetheart."

She didn't say anything for while. I sensed that she was building up to something, so I remained silent. My lips nibbled at her neck and the underside of her jaw.

"Did you . . . um, do you wish . . ." McKayla faltered for a second. "Are you happy with the way things are going . . . you know . . . between us?"

"Yes," I replied quickly, not wanting her insecurities and fear of commitment to take over. "Are you?"

She turned and looked me in the eyes. "Yes . . . more than you can know."

"I was worried that I was going to scare you off," I admitted. "That first day I was with you . . . I knew what I wanted . . . I knew I was right in asking you out."

"I'm glad you did," McKayla said. "I wish I had the guts to make a pass at you months ago."

"Why didn't you?"

"Because you weren't sending me any of the usual signals," she replied. "And you were kind of seeing that guy . . . what's his name? Travis."

I blushed and looked away. My fuck buddy.

"And I didn't . . ." her voice trailed off for a moment. "I didn't want to just have a fling with you. I wanted more than just a one night stand."

"Why?"

"I don't know," she replied. "I think it was because I didn't meet you in a bar. You were more than just a girl I could fuck and then leave the next day."

Inwardly, my stomach flipped, and not in the bad way. McKayla was telling me that she felt the same way I did about "us". My pulse began to race.

McKayla's arms tensed around me, pulling me close to her. She took a deep breath. "I've been praying a lot lately. I've been looking for direction. For purpose . . ."

I kissed her gently on the cheek. Her mask of certainty slipped away. My hands closed over hers and I squeezed her reassuringly. It was good to know that she reciprocated the feelings I had for her. I also wanted to take this woman in my arms and hold on to her. Maybe it was some maternal instinct to protect the people we care about.

Or maybe I was falling in love.

Her lips met mine and I melted into her embrace. The two of us stayed like that for a long time. Neither of us said anything else. We didn't have to.

The moon was out before we got up and went inside.

"I have something for you," McKayla said, letting go of my hand and pushing the sliding glass door open. "I'll be right back."

When she returned, she held a box that was wrapped in elegant silver paper with a big bow. It was a lot heavier than I expected. I looked up at her incredulously. She only smiled.

I slipped the paper off the parcel and opened up the box. Inside was a thick, leather-bound book. There was a faux-lock on the cover, like you might see on a wizard's spellbook in a Lord of the Rings movie. The pages were thick and gilded with gold. The volume had been carefully made up to appear as it had come to life from a fantasy world.

My eyes welled up as I read the words on the cover,The Elfstones of Shannara.

"Where did you—?" I gasped.

McKayla smiled—that beautiful, haunting smile that made my heart melt—and pulled me close. "There's this thing . . . it's called the internet . . ."

I was laughing and crying at the same time. I pressed my forehead against hers. Our noses brushed together.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"You're welcome," she replied warmly and we kissed again. "Just one thing, though: You just have to promise that you're not going to turn into a giant tree."

Tears began to roll down my cheeks. It had been years since I had read the story, but I knew the gist of it and how my namesake ended up at the end of the book.

"You read it?" I asked. I set the book down on the kitchen table and took McKayla in my arms.

"Of course," my lover replied. That was a silly question; McKayla read anything and everything she could get her hands on. I bet that she got through the entire book in a few days. "It's a good story."

"You know," I wiped the tears from my eyes. I kissed her playfully. "If I do turn into the tree, I'll protect you and the rest of the elves from the demons."

McKayla pressed against me. Her grasp was firm, almost desperate. I tilted my head back as her lips descended on mine. This kiss was hungry and primal. My arms wrapped around her.

"You're doing that anyway, Amberle," her whisper was so soft I almost didn't hear her.

I could hear the blood pounding through my veins. I could feel her heart beating next to mine. Her touch was hot. Her face flush. I looked McKayla in the eyes and saw something there I had never seen before. It was more than lust or desire. It was love.

We stood in the kitchen holding one another for a long time. I never felt rushed around McKayla. I never felt like she was trying to hurry me into bed. I loved that she was just as content to hold my hand as to feel me up. When we were together, we could lay against one another without tickling or groping (not that those didn't have their places, though . . .) and be content just laying next to one another.

"Where did you get the book?" I asked finally.

"There's a store in California that specialises in that sort of thing. One shot collectable type books," she smiled, apparently happy that I liked her gift. "For fantasy geeks."

"It must have cost a fortune," I started. "You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to," McKayla said simply.

"Well, I love it," I told her. The smile I returned to her was a little subdued, a little bitter. "My parents would have liked it, too."

"What were they like?" she asked.

HLD
HLD
2,964 Followers