Meant to Be Ch. 10

Story Info
The war ends and Vicki comes to America.
4.3k words
4.84
13.7k
7

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 04/01/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Standing on the railroad platform, Vicki was terrified. She held tightly onto Aaron's arm, dreading what was next. Here in a small southern Pennsylvania town, she would be meeting Aaron's parents, Thomas and Edna Williams and his sister, Casey, for the first time. She who had met European elite as Robin's wife now trembled as she waited.

Aaron and she got married less than a month ago. He promised he would when the war ended and he kept his word. They waited until the end of June as the Army wanted a little more from him. He had enough points so it wasn't a problem plus it was easy to get the right papers when you knew the right people. It was a small ceremony in front of the local justice of the peace with her mother and Major Scovill as witnesses. Aaron booked passage on a small liner and they left England bound for New York City and then on to Pennsylvania. The voyage was smooth and quick with the only problem being Vicki starting each morning seasick. As the day wore on she felt better but then the next morning she awoke feeling queasy.

Aaron didn't allow her any time to be sick once they reached New York. It was a whirlwind of events. He took her to all the places including The Statue of Liberty, the top of the Empire State Building, Times Square, and Central Park. He even arraigned two tickets to see the hit Broadway show Carousel and the second night to have dinner at one of New York's hottest night clubs. As they returned to their room they were exhausted but never too tired to make love.

It was obvious to anyone who cared to see, Aaron and Vicki were deeply in love. Both were enjoying each other whether making love, walking the streets of NYC, or in the middle of a crowded nightclub. Aaron felt for the first time in his life he had focus. Vicki had found what she always wanted, real love.

"So what do you think of America?" Aaron asked Vicki as their train traveled across New Jersey and into to Pennsylvania.

"It is much more than I dreamed of," she replied. "It's bigger, brighter, and life is definitely faster. I'm a little overwhelmed."

"I'm sorry," he said putting his arm around her. "I'm afraid we did quite a lot since we arrived. Things will begin to slow down real soon, as soon as we get home. I promise. Are you feeling OK?"

"Just a little tired." Vicki stretched in her seat. "And a little nervous."

"Don't be. Everything will work out fine. You'll see."

Vicki was more than a little nervous. She hoped to make a good impression and was pretty sure she would. But what if she didn't? They hadn't seen their son in three years and now he returns with a wife, a foreigner, and an older woman. So many things could go wrong. Her stomach already unsteady gave another flip.

So here they were, stepping down from the train. The moment she dreaded was here. They looked around. "They should be here," Aaron said. "I wired them what train."

"Uncle A!" a young boy shouted running towards them.

"Hey Rocky!"

The boy threw his arms around Aaron's waist. "Am I glad to see you. How was it? Wow! A major! Did you bring back any souvenirs?"

"Hey, slow down. I want you met somebody." Aaron held the boy's hand. "Vicki, this Rocky, er Walter, my cousin. Walter this is Vicki, my wife."

"Pleased to meet, ma'am. You can call me Rocky. Everybody does." He held out his hand.

Vicki took it. "Pleased to meet you, Rocky. You may call me Vicki."

Rocky looked at Aaron. "She talks funny. Come on let's go." He began to pull Aaron along.

"Whoa, Slow down, Sport."

Together they walked rather quickly down the platform. Standing there, waiting for their son and his new wife were the Williams. Vicki grasped Aaron's arm tighter and she took a deep breath.

There was a brief moment when everyone stood and looked at each other. Then his sister Casey threw her arms around his neck. "I'm so glad you're safe!" She stepped back, embarrassed, tears running down her cheeks.

Aaron's dad was next. Vicki could see where Aaron got his looks and height. He extended his hand. "Son," he said with the look of pride. Aaron took it firmly. "Dad."

Finally there was his mother. Edna Williams was standing there, dressed in her Sunday best. She was a stout woman with her gray flecked hair pulled back in a bun, and steel rimmed glasses. Even though her eyes were filled with tears, you could see by the lines around them that she was a woman who enjoyed life. Her smile at this time said it all as she looked at her son. She was bursting with joy.

"Mother." Aaron put his arms around her and hugged. She held him tight then like her daughter, she seemed embarrassed by this public display. She let him go.

Now was the moment Vicki had gotten herself ready for. She tensed up, waiting.

"Mom, Dad, Casey," Aaron began. He had thought over just what he was going to say. "This is Vicki, my bride, my love." Turning to Vicki, he said, "Vicki, this is my family."

Vicki nodded and smiled. "Pleased to meet you. Aaron has told me so much about you. I feel I already know you."

Mom looked her over and smiled. Holding her arms wide, she said, "Welcome to the family!" With that she pulled Vicki close and gave her a big hug. That simple move seemed to break the tenseness. Everyone began talking at once, laughing, patting Aaron the back, and shaking Vicki's hand.

"Son," Dad said. "Let's go see about those bags. We'll meet them at the car."

As they walked down the platform and out of earshot, Aaron asked, "Well, what do think about her, Dad."

His father looked back over his shoulder. He could see the three women talking. "I think she'll do," he laughed, "but you know who really matters."

Aaron looked back. "What do you think Mom will think?"

"Personally, I think you have nothing to worry about. From what you wrote us about Vicki, I think she'll fit right in."

The ride home went quickly. Vicki, Aaron, and Casey squeezed into the back of the '37 Ford. Rocky sat up front between Mom and Dad but kept turning around, asking a ton of questions. Aaron let him wear his hat and the boy loved it.

"I hope you don't mind, son, but a few people are at the house," his mom said as they entered the driveway.

A few! It seemed like half the town was there. Family, friends, and more were there to greet them. "Mother, I thought I said we just wanted a quiet time,"

"Well, son," Dad said, "Its not often that we get a real hero coming home."

As the car stopped, the people gathered around the car. When Aaron stepped out, they began to pat him on the back and escort him away from the car. It seemed everyone wanted to greet him, to say welcomed back. He turned and attempted to go to the car to get Vicki but there were too many. He vanished into the crowd.

Vicki sat alone in the back seat not sure what to do. A voice calmly called her. It was Aaron's mother. "Come, my dear," she said. "I'll introduce you to everyone. You must be starved."

Mrs. Williams took Vicki by the arm and brought her around. To everyone they met, she introduced her as my new daughter-in-law. She never left Vicki's side as they walked. The more people they met, the more relaxed Vicki became. She also realized her new mother-in-law was doing all she could to make it easier for her.

She was amazed at the food that was available. There was cole slaw and potato salad; sliced turkey and smoked ham; apple and blueberry pies spread out on large wooden table. To drink there was homemade wine and potent applejack.

"Fill your plate, dear."

Vicki hadn't seen this much food in four years. She stood looking not sure where to start.

"All the food is local, from our gardens or the nearby farmers." Mom explained. "Sugar is hard to get but we get by." She put her arm around Vicki's waist. "My, you are skin and bones. We'll take care of that."

After Vicki filled her plate, Mom invited her into the house. She took her into the kitchen where they sat down.

"Quite a crowd, isn't it? Well, they are just happy to see Aaron again. All the women wanted to meet you too. They were interested in who was the lucky girl who landed him. You know, I think Aaron was the lucky one." She reached out and rested her hand on Vicki's knee.

Vicki put her folk down and looked down. "Thank you, Mrs. Williams."

"Oh no, that won't do. Call me mom or Edna. Mrs. Williams won't do."

"All right. Mom."

"That's better. Come on, I want to show you the rest of the house."

Aaron's mother showed her around the house and then upstairs. "This was Aaron's room but Tom and I thought you would stay here until you found a place." She opened the door. "The bed was Aaron's grandparents. We moved it in here. We couldn't let you two sleep in his small one."

"It's very nice," Vicki said, sitting on it.

Mom sat next to her. "I don't want to be one of those know it all mother-in-laws but you know how they say 'the way to man's heart is through his stomach'." She looked around as if looking if anyone was listening. She patted Vicki on the knee and winked. "There is another way."

Vicki looked at her. They both smiled and then began to laugh. Yes, they would get along just fine.

The next morning Aaron came down for breakfast. He could smell the eggs and his mother's scrapple. It had been a long time. He kissed his mother on the cheek. "That smells great," he said. "Morning, Mom, Dad."

"Good morning. Where is Vicki?" Mom asked.

"She'll be down soon. Her stomach is a little upset."

"Really?"

"Yeah. First it was a little seasickness, then all that rushing around and rich food in New York, then she was really nervous about meeting everyone plus she ate a lot of food yesterday. She'll be alright."

"What are your plans today?" Dad asked.

"I thought I take the car and show Vicki the area. It is suppose to be hot so I figured we go over to Rock Creek and have a picnic. Take some Cokes and leftovers."

"Sounds good. Just remember that gas is rationed here so don't go to far."

Vicki entered the kitchen and sat down. "Good morning, everyone."

"Good morning, Vicki," Mom said. "Feeling better?" The look she gave her seemed to ask more.

"Yes, much better. It is just all the excitement."

Aaron kissed her. "If you feel up to it, I thought I show you around the neighborhood and then go on a picnic, just you and me."

"I'd like that."

Around 11, Aaron and Vicki headed out. They placed the picnic basket filled with yesterday's leftovers in the back seat of his Dad's car and drove downtown. Vicki slid over next to him and Aaron put his arm around her. It brought back his high school days when he drove his Model A to the dance. Only this was so much better.

He showed her the town center, the high school, the town's only 5 & 10 store. They parked and walked over to the town green, hand in hand. Along the way, folks said hello and welcomed him home. Vicki was surprised as to the number. It seemed every one knew him. He explained that, just like in England, in a small town, everybody knew everybody and there were no secrets.

"I bet they know all about you now, after yesterday."

"Really?"

"One of those many people you met was Mrs. Mullins, the town busybody. Any one who wasn't there has heard about it from her."

"I met so many yesterday that I can't remember everyone. I hope I made a good impression with her."

"Don't worry. You did fine." He leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Come on, let's go have that picnic."

He took her to a very private area just out of town along Rock Creek. They parked a few yards away and walked to the spot. It was a wide deep pool with rocks along the edge. The creek tumbled over the large rocks before it entered the smooth waters of the pool. The spot Aaron consisted of a large ledge that tapered down to water's edge. Tall oak and beech trees surrounded this side of the creek while across it was open field. Despite the trees and the shade they created, most of the rock was bathed in sunlight. The site was very secluded with only the rushing water and occasional birds disrupting the silence.

Aaron spread the blanket on the rock and opened the basket. He took one Coke and handed it to Vicki. Keeping one for himself, he placed the other two in the creek. As he walked back, she was taking out the food and spreading it out.

"I can't believe all this food!" she said. "I'm truly amazed." In the basket was some of the cole slaw, potato salad, cold turkey and half of loaf of his mother's bread. She shook her head. "You know what your mother said?"

"No, what?"

"She said I was skin and bones. I think she wants to fatten me up!"

Aaron dropped down next to her. Putting his arm around her, he eased her down on the blanket. "You're great just the way you are." They kissed and held each other, just enjoying the moment.

The two of them sat and talked about yesterday. Aaron apologized for leaving her alone most of the time. Vicki said it really didn't matter as it gave her a good chance to get to know his mother. Vicki asked more questions about a number of people she met as she thought her first impressions might be wrong. After she explained herself, Aaron laughed. Almost in all cases she had formed the right idea. Overall, she told him it went better than she thought it would.

"Does it always get this warm?" she asked.

"About 3 or 4 times in the summer. We could go swimming to cool off."

"We could," she answered, "but I don't have a suit."

"Who needs one," Aaron said standing up and removing his shirt. "We could skinny-dip."

"What do you mean, skinny-dip?"

He looked at her. "Swim naked. Don't tell me you never have."

She shook her head. "No."

"Well, it is time you did. Come on, no one is looking." He swung his arm around.

Vicki slowly stood up and began to remove her dress. She felt that she was doing something dangerous, naughty. Her heart began to race as she laid her dress aside and began to remove her under garments. Aaron was already naked and in the water. "What if someone sees us?" she asked.

"No one will. Who cares?" he waved to her. "The water is great."

Vicki stood naked on the rock and gave one final look around. She ran to water and dove quickly in. Aaron was right, the water felt great. Not only that, she felt incredibly free. Swimming naked in the cool water created feelings she never felt. It seemed as if only the two of them were on this earth and the world was theirs.

She looked around for Aaron. She wanted to tell him how great it felt but where was he? She began to call out his name, "Aaron, Aaron, where are you?"

Suddenly she felt something grab her around her waist and she screamed. Aaron broke surface right front of her and laughed.

Vicki said with a hint of anger in her voice, "Don't do that! You frightened me."

"I'm sorry."

"Well, don't do it again." With that, she splashed water in his face and began swim away. "You can't catch me!" she said over her shoulder.

Aaron shook the water from his face and took off after her. Quickly he caught her and spun her around in his arms. Vicki put her hands on his chest and tried to push away. "No! no!" she said laughing.

"Gotcha and you're not going anywhere." He was laughing too.

They stopped and looked at each other. Aaron kissed her and her lips yielded to him. She sucked on his tongue and bit his lip. They pulled each other closer as Vicki wrapped her legs around his waist. It was if they couldn't get close enough

"You're shivering. Come on, let's get out." Aaron said.

They swam to the rock and Aaron got her a towel. He rubbed her down and dried her off. He went and got his towel. As he turned, he looked at Vicki. The sun was behind her and silhouetted her. It caused a rainbow as she shook her blonde hair and the water drops flew. He stared.

"My God, she is beautiful," he thought. "Her breasts are perfect and firm; her waist narrow and her hips flare with a blonde patch between her thighs. How he loved her."

Vicki dropped onto the blanket beside Aaron. She kissed him then rolled onto her back. She could feel the heat of sun warming her body and it felt good. She wished that day would never end. It was perfect.

She felt Aaron's lips on her nipple. He sucked and nibbled on it, sending electric tingles between her legs. She sighed and spread her legs.

"Aaron, honey."

He lifted his head.

"I need to tell you something," she said.

"OK, go ahead."

"I don't think it was seasickness, or rich food, or nerves that has been making me sick in the morning."

Aaron now concerned got up on his knees. "What is it?"

"I missed my last period and now I'm late again. I think I'm pregnant."

"How?'

"How?" I think you know how. At least you're pretty good at it," she laughed.

"No,no. Remember you said that you and Robin..."

"I guess it wasn't me who was the problem."

"Oh Wow! This is great, fantastic. What should I do? Here, you should get dressed." Aaron started reaching for her clothes.

"Aaron, calm down. I'm not made of china. I won't break." She reached up and caressed his face. " I want you to make love to me right now." She spread her legs.

Aaron looked into her face and understood. He moved over her. Vicki reached down and guided him into her. Despite the coolness of their bodies from swimming, he could feel her heat. Slowly Aaron began to move in and out.

Vicki wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him deeper. "Faster," she pleaded. He moved faster, going deeper with each stroke. Vicki moaned loudly, grabbing his ass. "Yes, oh yes!" she said.

She could feel the pressure within building, demanding release. No longer caring, she yelled, "Oh God," as she came.

So underneath the warm sun, on a ledge near Rock Creek, two people, deeply in love, made passionate, meaningful love.

Dr. Aaron Williams looked across his backyard. He had done pretty well in the last 18 years. He was a full professor at the local college and the author of quite few books on English History. He had a nice house, a number of friends, and most important a great family.

There was his oldest daughter, Katie, talking to one of her friends over by the picnic table. She had her mother's looks and grace. Next year she would off to college, majoring in journalism. She was a great writer having won a few awards for it.

Over by the cold drinks was Lydia. She was the middle child and the tomboy of the family. Where Katie got great grades, to Lydia it was sports. She lettered in 3 varsity sports and still had two more years of high school left. She definitely had her Dad's athletic skills but like Katie, she got her Mom's looks. Aaron considered that a blessing.

Then there was Tom. Named after his late grandfather, Tom was a spitting image of his dad. Not only that but he did very well in school and on the playing field. He was lucky enough to get the best traits from both his parents.

Aaron was very proud of his family.

"All right, everybody, gather round," Vicki shouted to the group. Still after all these years, she still kept a part of her accent.

The occasion was Aaron's 40th birthday. He didn't want a party and he even threatened to stay away. Vicki convinced him that it was his children's idea and he couldn't let them down so here he was.

Lydia started it off. Standing next to the picnic table, she addressed the group of Aaron's closest friends and family. Aaron wondered what was going to happen.

"I've known my Dad all my life," she began and everyone laughed. "But there is a lot I didn't know about him. One weekend Katie and I were in the attic and found a trunk so being curious we opened it. It was full of Dad's Army uniform and stuff. We spent the afternoon going through it. Now don't get mad, Dad. We asked Mom if it was alright and she said it was."

Aaron gave Vicki a dirty look who just smiled back.

"We found out that our Dad met General Eisenhower and there was a picture of the two together. How cool is that! We thought he should have it on display so Katie wrote to the General and asked if he would autograph it. Well, Dad, he did and here it is, signed and framed."

12