Meant to Be Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lydia handed it to her father and the two girls kissed their Dad. "We love you, Dad." Aaron didn't know what to say.

"Wait, Dad, there is more," Katie said.

Tom was next. "Our Dad never told us about what he did during World War II. We knew he flew bombers and met our mom. What my sisters found in trunk told us a lot more. It seems Dad was hero. He won a Bronze Medal, a Distinguish Flying Cross and a Purple Heart."

Tom took out a piece of paper. It was Aaron's citation. He read it.

Turning to his father, Tom said, "We feel you should have these where people can see them. You should be proud of them, as proud of them as we are of you." With that, he handed Aaron a box framed with his medals plainly visible. "Love you, Dad."

Before Aaron could move, Vicki stepped forward. "There is one more thing. In the trunk, the girls found this picture. It is a picture of Aaron's crew and their plane."

She gave it to him. Only now it was a 12x18 photo and it had the autographs of all the surviving crew members.

Aaron didn't know what to do or say. When his children pushed him to front of the people, he just stood there. He looked at his family, his mom, his sister Casey and her family, his friends. "I'm at a loss of words," he began.

Someone yelled, "That never stopped you before!" Everyone laughed and it placed everyone at ease.

"Wow!" he began again. "I guess I never looked at what I did as that different than what we all did in that war. We had a job and did it. Somebody had to. I truly feel what I have done since then is much more important. The one thing I got out of the war was the love of great woman. Without her, I could have never done anything especially to have three kids like these." He stopped and looked around. No one said anything. "Hey, everyone, this is suppose to be a party. Let's eat!"

That night as they readied for bed, Aaron asked, "Was all that the children's idea or yours?"

"Except for the crew picture, it was all theirs"

He sat on the edge of the bed. "Vicki, do you have any regrets? Seriously."

"About what, dear?" she answered.

"About marrying me?"

"No, why should I? Do you?"

"No. Heck, I still remember that first night we made love."

Vicki walked over to the bed and sat next to him. "So do I. It was in London and I was so nervous. I thought I wouldn't be good enough for you. I loved you then and I love you now." With that she stood up.

"Where are you going?"

Vicki turned off the overhead light and then turned on the soft light on her dresser. She turned to him. "You know I'm not the same girl I was 18 years ago. My body has changed." She pushed the straps of her nightgown off her shoulders. As it fell to the floor, she stepped out of it.

"My God, Vicki, you are so beautiful." She was right. Her body had changed. Her breasts were fuller and not as firm; her waist was thicker and hips wider but that's not what he saw. He saw the love of his life and she would always be that. He held out his hand, inviting her to the bed. "You know I'm not the same boy either."

She took his hand and climbed into the bed.

"Let's leave the light on."

12