Mending Wounds Ch. 07

Story Info
Buffy gets ready for her date with Angel.
1.3k words
4.6
17.9k
1
0

Part 6 of the 24 part series

Updated 10/09/2022
Created 03/29/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
angel13
angel13
24 Followers

Buffy just couldn't believe how absurd Riley had been with her. She was his wife and she's the one that caught him in a compromising position with another woman. She closed her eyes as she lay in the bathtub immersed in vanilla bath beads with strawberry scented candles. Her muscles were sore all over from stressing out on Riley's reaction towards her and the anger that she felt. She really thought that he was an understanding husband. Buffy thought their marriage was made to last forever. She knew that after the last of their child she was distant, but that didn't mean she didn't love him any less. Well as of now there was no lost love. Riley Finn is definitely going to pay for the harm that she caused upon her. The funny, yet unusual thing was that Riley had hired an attorney from Wolfram & Hart. He knew that she was working undercover to find out what they were doing. Then she had another problem as to who hit her on the highway and why. She thought about it carefully and came to the conclusion of Wolfram & Hart. Somehow in someway they were connected.

~*~*~*~*~*

Holland Manners was in his office and surprised to find out that Buffy Summers-Finn was still alive. His perpetrator didn't do his job as well as he was paid to. He figured maybe there was a way the firm could find something incriminating against her and fry her ass. She was too smart for them and could never accept her reasoning for joining their law firm. Now he knew for sure that after this divorce Buffy wouldn't be able to practice law.

~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy decided that since Wolfram & Hart were the ones planning the divorce that she should hirer her long time friend Willow Rosenburg-Ozbourne. She called her best friend and explained the situation and agreed to help her out. Afterwards she hung up with Willow, she kept on wondering if she should give Angel a call. Though a part of her wondered what lame excuse she'd think of to tell him. She decided not to make that phone call, but wondered what her Angel was doing.

~*~*~*~*~*

As the weeks went by both Buffy and Angel has no contact with one another. It wasn't that they didn't want to call one another, but they were extremely busy with work, especially Angel. He just seemed to have a lot of patients everywhere. It was like no matter where he moved there was another pregnant woman waiting for him. All Angel wanted now was a break so he could finally have the courage to call up Buffy.

"Doctor McCallister, you have a patient waiting for you in room two." Angel sighed. He knew that after this patient he'd take his lunch peacefully in his office. He walked in and noticed it was his favorite patient, Cordelia. Cordelia was married to Alexander LaVelle Harris, also his boss at Sunnydale General. This was their second child on their way. Their first child was a boy, so he's hoping that Cordelia wants a girl.

"So how have you been Cordelia? Have you had any upset stomach or any pain around your belly."

"Nope. I'm feeling the same. You know bloated and gradually getting bigger by the minute. I think after this one we won't be having anymore," she said lightly massaging her belly.

"I don't know about that. Xander seems like he wants a huge family."

"Well he's not the that's going to be the size of a beach ball for nine months. I am." Angel laughed. He then went on with his regular examination and then finally had an ultra sound to make sure that they weren't any complications with Cordelia's child.

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel went back to his office and had his lunch. While he was biting into his ham and Swiss sandwich, he kept wondering if seeing Buffy was the right thing that he needed in his life. It was the right thing. Since after his breakup with Darla he didn't feel the need to go out with any woman. Then all of s sudden Buffy somehow fell into his lap. She was everything he ever dreamed of in a woman, but the slight drawback was that she was taken. Though now he might have a chance with her. They kissed a couple of times and it was electrifying. He picked up his phone and dialed her cell phone number, since he didn't have her parent's number. After two rings someone picked up.

"Hello." Joyce heard a male voice she wasn't familiar with and wondered who he was.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" Angel figured out that it wasn't Buffy.

"I'm Doctor McCallister, Buffy's physician. I'm sorry about that Mrs. Summers. I was wondering if you knew where your daughter was."

"Sure. She's actually taking a bath, I'll bring the phone to her." Angel had this visualization of Buffy in a bathtub full of bubbles reaching up to her neck. Her arms lay on the side of the tub, with her eyes closed and her hair swept up. His thoughts of her naked in water were causing a sudden hardness in the center of his pants.

"Buffy, honey there's a Doctor McCallister on the phone for you," Joyce said handing her the phone.

"Thanks Mom."

"Hey, what's up doc?"

"Ha, ha very funny. I was calling to see how you were doing. So how are you?" She sighed.

"Ugh. I don't want to talk about it." Angel didn't like the tone of her voice. She sounded furious about something or it could it be someone.

"What is it? Tell me," he asked concerned. She thought it was so thoughtful and sweet of him to have such concern for her.

"Well since you insisted, it's Riley. He decided to file for divorce. He has some nerve stating I'm the cause of the separation. He's the one that made a decision that I wasn't good enough for him and started to have sex with a blonde floozy," she said angered.

"Maybe, I shouldn't have called. I've upset you by prying into your business. I'll go now."

"No! Don't go. I'm glad you called. Actually hearing you voice made me feel so much better. I missed you." Hearing those last words brought a smile to his face.

"I missed you, too. Uh… I was wondering if you'd like to go out to dinner with me? If it's a problem, due to Riley I'll perfectly understand." She thought about it for quite a while and couldn't believe that he was asking her out. She loved the idea of picturing him nicely dressed in a suit, preferably black. Angel couldn't stand the silence on the other end of the line. He wondered that maybe she thought he was being too straightforward. 'Way to go idiot. Now she thinks you probably just want to get inside her pants.'

"Sure. I'll go out with you."

"Really?" He was surprised with her answer.

"Really. It'd be great to see you again. Hopefully when I see you, you'll be able to cheer me up a bit."

"I'll try my best. So I'll pick you up at eight."

"Okay, I'll see you then." When they hung up the Angel had this huge grin on his face that definitely showed that he was in love with Buffy Summers.

~*~*~*~*~*

Later on Buffy was glad to be home and was excited about her first date with Angel. She didn't consider her going out with Angel as cheating on Riley. He did far worse than her. As she was getting dressed in a simple blue dress, that reached her knee, she decided to not wear her wedding band. Buffy figured that she wasn't married to Riley anymore. Buffy was about to apply her makeup when her mother stepped in.

"Buffy, where are you going tonight?"

"Oh, mom you startled me. I have a date tonight," she said smiling.

"A date? With whom may I ask?" Joyce inquired.

"I'm going out with Angel. And before you say something, he's a really nice guy, mom. He's been really thoughtful about my whole ordeal with Riley."

"Well by the way you have spoken about Angel. I can tell he's a nice guy."

"Yes, he is," she said smiling.

angel13
angel13
24 Followers