Meredith

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
smj54ap
smj54ap
730 Followers

We chatted about our careers, friends and families until the early evening. Meredith was turning out to be one of the nicest and warmest female friends that I ever had. She had the uncanny knack of drawing me into her world and making me feel as though we'd been friends for a long time.

We neglected to talk about the houses that we saw and I telephoned her on Monday.

"I didn't see anything that I liked; I guess I'm a difficult client," she said sheepishly.

I assured Meredith that nothing could be farther from the truth and we spent the next six weeks looking for houses but also tightly bonding as friends.

Once Meredith decided on the end unit in the very upscale Landisville Meadows, my dad got involved and the three of us spent several evenings ironing out details and drawing up an agreement of sale.

On a chilly afternoon, I stopped at my dad's office to deliver the signed contract with initialed changes.

"Looks like your friend's bought herself a house," he said with satisfaction.

"Thanks dad, I appreciate all your help."

"You did the hard part, showing her the homes and spending the time necessary to make the sale possible."

I felt a little embarrassed because my real motivation had nothing to do with selling Meredith a home.

"Victoria, I hope you don't mind me saying this but..." he paused. His face became thoughtful and I expected some sort of criticism; this was how he usually started his diatribes. Getting up, he closed the door to his office.

"What dad?" I asked irritably.

"How long have you known Meredith?"

I'm sure I had a mystified look on my face because my dad, with the exception of Manny, never asked about any of my friends.

"Oh...a couple of months, I think. Why?"

"Because, Meredith really impressed me; she's one of the nicest and most charming young women I've had the privilege of meeting. Intelligent, warm...I've spent just a few hours with her and..." he replied, but stopped and looked as though he was searching for the just the right words.

"I guess what I'm trying to say...she's the kind of individual I hope to see you with someday...ah...in a relationship."

Now I was beyond stunned; my mother and father rarely commented about my sexual proclivity. To my mind, they always treated it as a non issue; something that existed but was never publicly acknowledged.

I distinctly remember the day I told them. The expression on their faces remained calm and while they accepted it, there was no out pouring of support or understanding. They were non committal and generally remained very low key about my sexuality. In all my years of dating, I never once entertained the thought of bringing anyone home for them to meet.

My mother expressed to me on several occasions that my younger sister Janine would supply them with grandchildren. Holidays at my mom and dad's were usually spent with them fawning over Janine's kids.

My eyes welled up and as fat tears poured down my cheeks, my dad took my hands in his.

"I mean...one day...your mother and I...won't be here...you know...and I only want what's best for you...that you have someone in your life that you love and loves you just as much. I...oh I'm not making much sense..."

My father was not only making more sense than I thought he was capable of but his emotion and heartfelt feeling towards me made me hug him tightly, the silent tears sliding down my face as we embraced.

"I know I don't say it very often but...I love you Victoria and...I want you to be happy," he exclaimed and I knew he was crying too. They were the most tender, kind words my father had spoken to me in years and I wept until his shoulder was wet.

"I love you dad," I blubbered hoarsely.

From that day onward, my dad and me shared a more open and affectionate relationship.

What A Girl Wants:

The process of purchasing a home brought Meredith and me much closer together. I went with her to Lowe's and Home Depot so that she could decide on paint colors, new carpet and new tile for her kitchen.

Why Meredith valued my opinions more than her close family or friend's was a mystery to me.

After the real estate settlement, I spent countless hours with her, painting, cleaning and finally, helping her move into her prized possession. I met her friends and her family. Rather quickly, I discovered that they were just as nice and sweet as Meredith.

"Merry!" her little brother cried when he saw her on moving day.

"Nicholas!" she exclaimed and hugged her beloved brother tightly.

"Mommy said I could help you," he declared with innocent sincerity and it made my eyes mist.

When Meredith turned to introduce her brother to me, she looked into my damp eyes with curious delight. After the introduction, she continued to gaze at me with a warm, affectionate look and my heart throbbed with feelings for her.

My world revolved around Meredith. We worked out at the same gym, we dined together almost daily and on the weekends, partied like two very close gal pals. I spent many a Saturday night in her guest room because I was too looped to make the trek home.

My acceptance into her circle of friends was stress free and I was one of the gang without any complications. However, most of our socializing was spent with each other to the exclusion of everyone else.

Slowly, my friendship with Meredith took on a new dimension. Without sounding cliché, she was positively sisterly toward me and yet in my heart, it felt like it was more than that. Although I was raised in a non-religious home, I prayed in my crude way for my romantic feelings to be reciprocated.

Often, Meredith's gray eyes gleamed with sentiment when we were together. She exhibited a playful, humorous side that balanced perfectly with her occasional serious demeanor. At first, I thought it was due in part to her scientific training but realized that she displayed a depth of character rarely seen in my other acquaintances.

Meredith was fiercely loyal to those around her. Usually, if she had something planned with a friend or family member, she would politely decline an invitation but she always seemed to have room in her schedule for me.

In spite of the fact that Meredith was dating Pat, I was baffled at how little they saw of each other. After she purchased her home, her relationship with Pat appeared to be in serious decline. But, whatever dynamic their association was undergoing, one thing was certain, she was spending much more time with me.

I became keenly aware of the evolution when I called Meredith to invite her to attend a concert that one of our favorite local bands was giving at a well known venue. She explained that she was going rolling skating with Pat and asked if I would join them.

"Meredith, I've never roller skated in my life; I'll make a fool of myself."

"Not with me there," she replied confidently.

"But, you don't want a third wheel interfering with your date," I stressed.

"Bullshit, I wouldn't ask ya, if I didn't want you to join us." When we met at the roller skating rink, the look of anxiety on my face must have touched something inside Meredith because although she was on a date with Pat, she stayed by my side the entire time.

"Vicki, my god, you're shaking. Here, take my hand and try to relax," she said patiently and guided me slowly along the outside perimeter.

Half way through, Meredith put her arm around my waist after I had a near spill. The sensation of her body next to mine was comforting and gave me some confidence at the same time.

During a much needed refreshment break, we chattered away like two hens and generally ignored a very bored looking Pat. Several times Meredith tried to draw him into the conversation but he wasn't interested.

We were ready to resume our activity when Pat declared that he was feeling under the weather and wanted to leave. At first, I thought that the evening was over but soon discovered otherwise.

"Vicki, can take me home," she told him gazed at me hopefully.

'Yeah...sure can!" I said enthusiastically.

Meredith didn't appear to be concerned over Pat's speedy exit; in fact, she seemed to really enjoy the evening. There was no further mention of his name and we indulged in a couple of beers after the skating.

As we sat at O'Malley's Pub, I gazed at Meredith's adorable countenance with my emotions running riot. When I returned from a bathroom break, my legs were still shaky from my skating experience and I plopped in a very ungainly manner onto my seat causing her to guffaw heartily.

"What's so funny?" I giggled, trying to sound serious but failing.

"You on roller skates!" she laughed.

For the next half hour, we recalled my funniest moments and while it might have seemed cruel to an outsider, it was all in good natured fun. When I pulled up in front of Meredith's home, she reached over and embraced me tenderly.

"I had a great time tonight," she said.

"Me too," I replied.

"Hey, next Saturday, let's have dinner at the William Penn Inn," she suggested.

**** When I arrived at her home at the appointed time, Meredith wasn't ready, which was unusual behavior for her. She was seated at the kitchen table and I immediately saw that something was wrong because she looked so down in the mouth.

"Wassup?" I asked quietly.

"My mom was right," she said gloomily.

"About what?" I asked.

"After college, it's all downhill," Meredith's eyes filled up and her lower lip started to quiver. This had to be more than just post college blues.

"Hey," I said, putting my arm around her.

"Oh Vicki, I broke up with Pat last night."

"I feel bad for you," I murmured sympathetically but inside I was celebrating.

"Last night, he was looking for some kind of commitment from me but...I don't feel it with him, you know - love; I'm not in love with him."

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"I'm almost twenty nine and up until a few months ago actually thought about marrying somebody I don't love...Jesus Vicki, I feel like a loser," she said despondently.

"You are not a loser, it just...wasn't meant to be."

"Thanks, you've been such a good friend to me." She looked at me sad eyes.

My innards were churning with desire for her but I kept my cool.

"Where did you meet Pat?" I asked.

"Originally, in college but I didn't date him until about two years ago."

"What was college like for you?" I asked, frantically trying to change the subject.

"In what way?"

"I mean did you go on a lot of dates, that sort of thing," I enquired

"Not really, but I usually had a boyfriend. I was a science major so it was mostly; eat, sleep, school work, lab time and party on Saturdays," she answered.

We moved to the sofa and I realized my arm was still around Meredith's shoulders. She didn't seem to mind so I kept it there.

"It wasn't all work and no play, then?"

"No, I had lots of fun but I took my studies seriously. Hey, what are you driving at? Are you trying to say I was a pencil neck geek?" she hit me with a couch pillow.

I reciprocated and we had an old fashion pillow fight that got physical. We wound up on the floor but with Meredith's athletic body and strength, she easily positioned herself on top of me. She gazed at me, her gray eyes sparkling.

"Looks like I win," she said, and twisted my ears.

I could have put up more of a fight but I was enjoying every second of Meredith's physical domination. She didn't appear to be grieving very much over the downfall of her relationship with Pat. Any anxiety, tears or whatever emotional stress she was experiencing seemed to be short lived.

"Hey, let's go to dinner but afterward, I say we hit the bars until closing," she announced.

Much later, as we took a taxi back to her home, I was six sheets to the wind while Meredith was very tipsy but steadier on her feet.

"You're not in any condition to drive, you better spend the night," she said in a woozy voice.

Meredith helped me to the guest room and when she went to look for a pair of fresh pajamas, I decided to change with my back to the door. As I pulled my tight denims off, my panties slipped enough that the butterfly tattoo on my right butt cheek was exposed.

"Hey, that's a cool tat," she said with a lot of interest.

I kept my underwear at half mast so Meredith could get a good look.

"Did it hurt?"

"Kinda, but it was more uncomfortable than painful," I said, pulling my drawers back up.

Meredith had a very thoughtful look on her face.

'Wassup?" I asked and put on the pajamas she handed me.

"I've always wanted to get a tattoo; not very big, just large enough to be visible. Maybe a rose."

"Since it's your birthday next week, it'll be my gift to you," I offered.

"Thanks Vicki! You really mean it?"

"Sure thing, something small but classy; there's a place downtown that had good reviews in the newspaper."

"Ok, what about next Friday, the night of my birthday!" she said excitedly and gave me a friendly hug.

Meredith's kind, friendly affection was getting to me. What started out as a desire to bed her had evolved into heart pounding romance; except for Manny, she was my closest friend but I realized I wanted much more.

**** "Dexter's House of Ink" was easy to find and it was a clean, brightly lit establishment that made me feel at ease. Meredith looked apprehensive but the man behind the counter was helpful. She looked at all the rose flower designs and after much debate and consultation with me, decided on one that she liked.

"Where do you want it? Any idea?" he asked.

She nodded and pointed shyly to her inner thigh, right next to her crotch. Considering the size and detail, it was the perfect spot and would only be visible during intimacy or a very skimpy bikini bottom.

"For that location little lady, my wife Belle will do the honors," he said with a sigh.

Dexter led Meredith to a small enclosed area with a curtain for privacy.

"Is it ok if my friend is with me, you know, for moral support," I heard her ask.

When I entered Meredith looked nervous but Belle was a professional.

"Ok, now darlin', I can't do much through your blue jeans," she said and tapped her fingers on Meredith's knee.

Meredith looked shell shocked.

"My dear, it's nothin' I haven't seen before; Ok?" Belle assured her.

Meredith inched the denims down her legs leaving a pair of sexy French cut panties in place. Using a mirror, Belle and Meredith agreed on the exact spot.

"Hold my hand," she asked me, clearly in need of support.

As Belle set to work on the tattoo, I gazed lustfully at Meredith's lean and toned legs. I was dying to see what she looked like under the triangle of cloth covering her sex. She had creamy flawless and unblemished skin.

Several times, Meredith clenched my hand but she was a real trooper. When we left Dexter's, she admitted that it was uncomfortable but she liked the result.

"In a way, it turned me on," she confessed shyly and her comment left me speechless.

At Meredith's birthday party, many of our mutual friends were there and Manny, of course.

"Hey, I'm goin' outside for a smoke; come with me," Manny yelled in my ear as the noise reached painful levels.

When we reached the side patio, Manny was regarding me with an intensely curious look.

"What?" I practically shouted at him.

"I have something to ask you but please consider my request before you say anything."

"Ok, that's cool," I answered.

"I want you to be my best...ah, man or woman at my wedding," he asked humbly.

I stared at him in disbelief.

"You remember last year, on the night of Taryn's party? Well, I ran into an old flame and..."

"Claudia?" I asked.

"Yeah, I mean we dated on and off for most of college but damn...I hadn't seen her in five years maybe longer. That night we reconnected and I don't mean just physically...it feels right; you understand?"

"Oh Manny, I'm so happy for you," I said and hugged him.

Unexpectedly, I recalled the radiant oversized moon that night and it dawned on me that its influence extended to my best friend. Manny had been Moonstruck!

"Vicki, you've been my best friend since what, first grade? So, will you do it? Be my best...woman?" he pleaded.

"You know I will," I answered excitedly.

Manny was very pleased but he looked at me with that curious expression again.

"Have you made any progress with, Ms. Gray Eyes?" he asked.

"Her name is Meredith," I blasted at him.

"Chrissakes, don't get your tits in a wringer, I'm only askin'," he said with a wounded look.

"Shit, I'm sorry Manny, I didn't mean..."

Manny looked very closely at my face and started to laugh.

"You're falling for her!"

"I didn't plan on it," I said sheepishly and looked down at my feet.

"Hey, any chance she might have any feelings for...you?"

"I dunno, sometimes I think she does but I just can't tell."

"Any mattress action?" he quizzed me.

"Nah, I might as well join a convent; this is the longest dry spell in my life. But, when I think about having sex with another girl, it feels like I'd be cheating on Meredith; stupid, huh?"

Manny was staring at me with amusement.

"Fuck Manny, I've never met anyone like her. She's really freakin' smart, you know, geek smart but great sense of humor; she can really make me laugh."

"You got the bug Vicki and it's called love."

"Now, the girl can talk but it's not bullshit; she makes observations about stuff that impresses the hell out of me. You know, Meredith's got more personality in her little finger than most girls have in their whole body. She's so damn nice, sweet and really innocent about some things.

Jesus, my heart beats faster when I'm with her and I get this incredible feeling in my bones; yeah, it's love," I stated.

Manny was regarding me with a look of compassion.

"Girl's got a real sexy aura about her that eclipses physical beauty and she reeks of it in my presence," I stated with amazement.

Manny embraced me with a half smile on his face.

"I don't remember you talking about anyone else in this way."

"I know this might sound crazy but on the night of Taryn's party do you remember the moon? How bright it was?" I asked cautiously.

"Nah, I don't think I remember; why?"

"Oh, it's not important."

By the time I rejoined the party and found Meredith, she was feeling no pain.

"Hey girl, where've ya been," she said in a tipsy voice

"Oh, just hangin' out."

After I grabbed another beer, I stood sullenly in the kitchen until the crowd thinned out. I was starting to think that my pursuit of Meredith would most likely be mired in friendship with no hope for romance.

The girl is straight laced with no gay bones in her body, I thought. By the time, the last person left, I was on my umpteenth beer, feeling very sorry for myself.

Meredith sashayed into the room, singing a tune by Jet. "...long brown hair...she's so cool with her get back stare...be my girl, be my girl...won't you be my girl..." but stopped when she saw my expression.

"Yo Vicki, why the down face?" she slurred.

Meredith was standing in front of me swaying ever so slightly. She looked so damned cute with her light green spaghetti strap belly shirt and tight jeans on her slender frame. With the alcohol rushing through my veins, my resistance weakened and vanished. I leaned forward and kissed Meredith full on the lips; not once but twice with a lot of feeling. She had a surprised look on her face and immediately I felt very foolish.

"I'm sorry; I should leave," I said apologetically.

"Don't leave, please?" she pleaded.

"I should never have done that; I'm really sorry."

"Vicki, I liked it but I don't know..." Her eyes were filled with doubt and uncertainty.

"I understand," I said sheepishly and hung my head.

smj54ap
smj54ap
730 Followers