Merry Little Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Saxon_Hart
Saxon_Hart
1,150 Followers

The next few days Josie alternated between melancholy and semi cheerful. I tried to keep her mind busy. As time went on she got back to being more like her old self. I never let her see me down. No matter how bad I felt I wore a perfect mask.

A few weeks later she went to see Dr. Tanner. After an exam she said we could resume sexual activity, but she wanted Josie to have four cycles and come see her before we tried to get pregnant again. Those four months were interesting.

We didn't think the pill would be a good idea if we were going to try again soon, so I wore condoms. We found out, in a not so nice manner, that I have a latex allergy. My new definition of fun is going to the ER with my cock bright red and swollen almost to bursting. Three shots later I was back to normal and buying lambskin condoms to wear.

When Josie went back to Dr. Tanner we found out that our worst fears were true. The scarring was to a point that conception would be a miracle. Josie was once again devastated as was I. I comforted her as best as I could, and wept in private.

The biggest savior was Josie getting a promotion at work. Her boss Arthur Eastwood made her and Mel Wise his right hand girls. She was able to throw herself into her work. The only downside was that for one week a month the three of them had to fly to Chicago for two days and to New York for three.

I had heard many cheating wives stories that were based around business trips. I was quite uneasy, but trusted Josie. I did feel better when Arthur took Josie and I, as well as Bob and Mel to dinner with his wife Kitty. He explained that Kitty would go on all of the trips with them. He said his biggest fear was one of his employee's marriages being destroyed because of something his doing business caused.

It was hard for that week having Josie gone, but after a couple of years I got used to it, and besides, I did get to do a few things that I wouldn't normally do. The wait staff at Charley's Sausage House got to know me well. I had been watching my weight, and Josie had forbidden Charley's sandwiches. They knew when she was gone because I was in there at least twice during the week. The second cheat I did, was riding my bike without a helmet. I had traded the Dyna Glide in for a Fat Boy a couple of years before. I loved riding with just sunglasses and maybe a bandanna to keep my hair from getting all tangled up.

When Josie returned each time, she always brought me something Harley Davidson, or Corvette from both cities. I loved the fact she did that for me. She knew I never wore ball caps so she never got me one. In the years she'd been making the trips I had received swag from every Harley dealership in both cities and ever Corvette specialist as well. I even had a signed poster of Paul Teutul and his son Paul Jr.

When she returned from the trip at the end of September this year, she told me she had some exciting news. Arthur had hired a man she knew from college, and they'd had a meeting in Chicago. As soon as she said the name Derrick Miller my hackles were up.

Derrick had been her long term boyfriend in school. The only reason they split up was Josie not wanting to go to the East coast right out of college. I knew from what she'd told me that they had been quite wild together. I trusted Josie, but she got a funny look when she talked about him. This was also the first time she didn't bring me back anything. That was about the time the late evening meetings had started. Every Wednesday night and Friday night Josie had to stay late for management team meetings. She didn't really seem to act to put out by these changes.

Another thing that didn't sit quite right with me happened the next day. The doorbell rang around noon and I went to answer. Josie usually went shopping early Saturday morning with my half-brother's wife Tina. I opened the door to find Mel looking nervously around.

"Hiya Mel, Josie's shopping can I help you with anything?"

"Oh, hi Marty. Josie had just left her gifts for you in my bag last night and I thought I'd bring them too you." She handed me a bag and we bade our good byes. I opened the bag to see two ball caps.

When they went on the trip in October, I did my usual run to Charley's on the Fat Boy sans helmet. I had just got my sandwich when I turned and ran into Arthur Eastwood. "Mr. Eastwood, why aren't you on the trip back east?"

"Oh hi Martin. Didn't Josie tell you? I send her and Melinda now with Derrick. He has closer ties to the offices back east than I do."

"Yeah and the cock sucker has closer ties to Josie."I thought to myself. I bade Arthur farewell and left for home. I was so uptight that I just threw my food in the nearest garbage can. I rode for hours. I actually ended up in Arizona before I turned around and headed back home. Should I trust Josie to do the right thing? I knew I should, she'd never given me a reason not to trust her, but I had such a queasy feeling.

It didn't help that she had seemed so distracted and forgetful lately. She had even failed to notice that three days last week when I rode the bike to work I hadn't remembered my helmet. She was always preaching about that helmet. I would get warned that the next time I "forgot it," she would "forget" to give me some pussy. Mr. Smirnoff and I spent most every evening together.

I sobered up in time for her to get home Friday evening. She walked in and gave me a perfunctionary hug and went to put her things away. The alarm klaxons were really blaring now and I didn't know what to do.

"So, how was it?" I asked as I entered the bedroom. She was putting underwear away and looked like a deer caught in headlights when I walked in. I noticed she was putting her lacier undies away.

She looked annoyed and gave me a short snappy "Fine."

"I ran into Arthur two nights ago." She shot me a glare as I said that.

"I'm fucking sorry I didn't tell you that he was not going with us."

"Whoa! I didn't say..."

"Do you have any other snide remarks asshole? I don't know why you are being such a nosy fuck but you oughta keep your nose out of my business or I swear you'll regret it sonny boy!" I reeled as if I'd been slapped. I opened my mouth to say something and felt my stomach flip. I turned and left the room. I didn't stop until I was on the bike and had it running and rolled halfway down the driveway.

I paused at the bottom of the driveway looking toward the house. Did she really just say all of that to me? Did it mean anything? I told myself it could be from the depression she gets once in a while over her miscarriage. None the less it stung. I rolled into the street a kicked the hog into gear. Just as I released the clutch I saw her come running out of the house. I opened up to full throttle and sped off down the street.

I got about five miles and had to stop at a convenience store to buy some cheap sunglasses. I'd been in such a hurry to get out I had left my Oakleys at home. My cell was buzzing in my pocket. One advantage of the bike, you can't hear your phone or feel the vibrations while riding. I looked and there were six calls from Josie. I also had four text messages from her. All four said:I'm sorry. Call me plz. As I was debating to call or not it rang again. I thumbed the starter and the hog roared to life again.

I relented and answered. I hoped the rumble of the bike would cover up and shake in my voice.

"Hi"

"Oh baby," she was crying, "I'm so fuckin sorry I said that to you. I don't know what came over me. Where are you?"

"Headed north."

"North? Why north? What's north?"

"Just a direction. I need to ride and think and clear my head. I don't know how long I'll be." I was about to hang up when I heard her wail.

"Please come home to me. I really need you babe."

"I'll be home later. I am hurtin'baby. Bad. I,.. I gotta go." I hung up and wheeled the bike back onto the road and headed north.

Long after sundown I got to the small ski town of Red River. Every Memorial Day weekend there is a bike rally here. I have been several times. I went to a small Mexican restaurant and tried to eat something. Food just didn't seem to sit well so I ordered several Dos Equis. By time the restaurant closed I was positive I wasn't trying to get back to Santa Fe tonight. I debated not calling Josie, but decided I wasn't going to turn into Captain Asshole over this.

Maybe I wasn't being supportive enough. I knew I needed her like I needed air. I dialed her cell and it went to voice mail. When prompted I left a message. "Hi baby, it's me. I'm in Red River and don't feel safe trying to make it back tonight. I'll call you in the morning when I head home. I love you more than you'll ever know."

I got a motel room for the night and kicked back on the bed when my cell rang. It was Josie. "Hi"

"Why did you go to Red Riverbabe? Am I that bad that you had to run away?"

"No baby, I just had to think. I needed to ride. I don't understand what's happening and riding helps." I thought I heard someone in the background. "Where are you babe?"

"I'm at Bob and Mel's. Bob said you had to be doing 90 when you went past their house. You left your helmet here too. It scares me you were riding that fast and didn't have your helmet." She sobbed. "I am so sorry. I wish you were here so I could make it up to you. What time do you think you'll be home?"

Something in my mind told me to overestimate my return time. I'll be home around three I think. I'm going to look up a couple of buddies in Angel Fire and see what they're up to." I did have a friend who lived in Angel Fire but he was in Texas until December. I wondered what I'd find when I arrived home. I knew I wasn't going to sleep worth a shit so I'd likely be on the road shortly after seven. I'd definitely be home before noon. "What are your plans for tomorrow?"

"I'm going to sit here missing the most wonderful man in the world who I treated like shit tonight. I'll tell you about what's bothering me when you come home. Sleep well baby, you're not getting any sleep tomorrow night. I promise."

I lay there trying to sleep, but my brain just wouldn't shut down. Was Josie fucking Derrick Miller? Should I go to their office, get my caveman on and beat his ass? If I did and nothing was going on, then I would look like an untrusting heel. Maybe she had spilled her lacy underthings when she was putting her clothes away from her trip. That sparked another question. Who brings back clean laundry from a trip? Maybe the hotel launders their clothes while they are away during the day. I'd have to pick Bob's brain next time I saw him.

I didn't sleep at all that night and ended up leaving the hotel before the sun was even up. I regretted that as soon as I hit the road. It was likely twenty degrees out and I only had a flannel shirt, jeans and riding boots. My sateen bandana only served to make my head colder. By time I got to Taos I was colder than I had ever been.

I found a little restaurant and ordered coffee and a hot roll. The coffee definitely hit the spot and even the roll was good. I tried to remember the last time I had really eaten anything. I drew a blank. After about an hour and a third cup of coffee, I hit the head and then hit the road.

The sun was up and starting to warm things up a bit. I got in behind a semi hauling cattle. I got close to the trailer and it broke most of the wind that had been buffeting me. The only bad thing is that I was at the mercy of the truck driver to not run over things that his wheels might kick up into me. About twenty miles out of Santa Fe he ran over something. I never saw it, but I felt a stinging sensation on my head. I wobbled the bike, but thankfully didn't dump it. My head and face hurt but I was fine for a while. After a few more miles I began to feel light headed and cold.

I vaguely remember riding up my street and seeing Bob in his front yard in his robe grabbing his morning paper. I looked his way and he had a strange look on his face. Did he think I was an asshole for spending the night away from Josie? Did he want to fuck Josie? Did he think I wanted to fuck Mel? Not that I did so; FUCK HIM!! I really didn't give a shit what he thought. Two minutes later I pulled up in my driveway. For some reason I had a hard time putting down the kickstand. I killed the motor and started to get off the bike. My head itched suddenly so I reached to scratch it. The bolt of pain was unbelievable. I jerked my hand away and it looked like I had dipped it in red paint. The sound of my bike still running made me look back. I thought I had killed it.

I heard a screech from my porch and looked over to see Josie with a horrified look on her face. I reasoned that she was pissed off about me not wearing a helmet. I'd calm her down after I got inside and got warm. The last thing I remember was thinking I needed to cut the lawn as it rose up to meet my face.

Darkness prevailed. Sounds came to me here and there.

Josie crying.

A male voice saying something about "a lot of blood."

A woman saying "He'll be alright."

More darkness.

I was in a warm tropical paradise. Cabo maybe? Cancun again? Native girls in coconut bikinis, who all looked like Josie asking for rides on my hog. I slowly started to realize that I was not in a paradise. There was a lot of pain in my head. Bright lights invaded my eyes. "He's starting to come around."

"Do you know where you are?"

"Can you tell us your name?"

A cacophony of sounds and light washed away the tropical paradise for good. I looked around and saw people in safety glasses and face shields like welders and fitters use. I could feel hands tugging at my hair. A striking gray eyed blonde was looking in my eyes with a pen light.

"Sir, can you tell me your name?"

"Marty Fischer. Where am I?"

"What do you remember from this morning Marty?"

"I had coffee in Taos. I was cold from riding. I thought I got home."

"You were in Taos this morning? Wow, do you remember getting hurt?"

"I remember a semi kicking something up off of the road. It slapped my head a little, but didn't hurt too bad."

She looked over at a brown eyed guy with bushy eyebrows who seemed to be holding something over my head where I couldn't see.

She spoke again, "You are in Mercy Hospital in Santa Fe. You have an eight inch gash in your scalp. We'll be putting staples in to close the largest part, and a few sutures to close the small end."

"How'd I get here? Where's my bike?"

"Your wife and neighbors brought you in. I don't know anything about your bike sir."

"Josie? Where is she?"

"She's in the waiting room. She'll be able to come see you when we move you to the recovery room."

A male voice somewhere above my head chimed in. "You've lost a lot of blood Marty. It's a good thing you made it home when you did, I think you were running on empty about then." I could hear, through my skull as he stapled a section and then told bushy eyebrows to rinse it again. I looked around and there were two bags of blood on an IV stand.

Finally after what felt like hours I was wheeled into another room. A matronly nurse with curly gray hair came in and took all of my vitals. She asked the same inane bullshit as they all do. My favorite was, "How are we feeling?"

I answered "Well, this part of we feels mighty crappy about now."

"How are you feeling crappy son?"

"Woozy, a bit nauseous. Head hurts like hell."

She made a note on my chart and said "I'll see what the doctor wants to do. He'll be in soon to see you. I'm going to show your guests in now."

A pale Josie came into the room and burst into tears immediately. "Oh baby. If I hadn't been such a bitch last night this wouldn't have had happened. I am so sorry." She buried her head in my chest and sobbed. I put my arm around her shoulder and hugged her to me.

"I am so sorry baby. I shouldn't have run off like that. I..."

"I shouldn't have treated you like shit. I had no call to yell at you like that. You almost bled to death because of me."

About that time my neighbors Bill Harper and Corey Johnston came through the door. They remind me so much of Cam and Mitch on "Modern Family" that I laugh whenever I'm around them. Neither one of them could hide their homosexuality if they wanted to. They were walking stereotypes. They are also two of the coolest guys you'll ever meet.

He used to shock me with things he said, usually an innuendo about me and the two of them. I always thought the two of them were hilarious so I never gave serious thought to anything he said, and he had pulled me aside and told me that he wished I was gay, but knew I wasn't and was disappointed that he couldn't shock me.

"Dude, I'm from Cali. We invented the queer." I'd had gay friends all my life. As long as they never tried to go beyond that point I was cool with them.

"Oh my, the big sexy hunk isdown. Usually I like a big hunk going down but not this one."

"How are you feeling big guy?" asked Bill. "You gave us all quite a scare back there."

"Plus you oughta see the back seat of the Wagoneer. We look like mass murderers now."

"Bring it over when I'm feeling human again. I have some stuff that will take all of the stains right out."

"Oh we'll get it sweetie," said Corey, "How are you now JoJo?"

"Still scared. Worried sick."

They stayed and visited for about an hour. A cute blonde nurse came in and asked that they all leave the room for a few minutes. "Come on JoJo, we'll go get you something to eat while they tend to your hunk." said Corey.

"I love you baby." Said Josie as she kissed me and left the room.

"I love you too babe."

They left and the nurse brought her cart over. I looked at her truly for the first time and thought she looked familiar. Maybe I'd seen her in the ER or something. She took my vitals and then got a tray with sponges and shampoo on it.

"I need to get you cleaned up now. They didn't clean much in the ORT earlier so I'll make you presentable."

How dirty could I be? I figured I must have some blood in my hair since that was where they were stitching and stapling. She began washing my face and got a funny look on her face.

"Marty Fischer? From Long Beach?"

"Yes, I'm from Long Beach. I'm sorry, might be the shot to the head or the drugs running through me but I can't remember you."

"Teri. Teri Daniels, well Teri Chesterfield now. I was a year behind you in high school. I didn't recognize you with all the blood on your face."

"How badly was I cut?"

"From almost the middle of your forehead to three inches past your ear. Your scalp was flopping when they brought you in. Well that's what I heard anyway."

We chatted while she cleaned me up. I about wet myself when she started washing my hair. She immediately apologized and went slower. "Has Dr. Seger been in yet?"

"No, and neither had the older nurse that was going to fix my nausea."

"When I go back out I'll tell them to tend to you. I have vitals duty this round and am only about half through my round." She finished cleaning me and said she'd stop by later if she got a chance.

Josie, Corey and Bill came back in. "The guys are going to take me home so I can change clothes and come back in my car. Do you want me to get you anything?"

"Could you guys help her get my bike into the garage?" I asked Bill. "I don't think I need anything right now baby. I just need you."\

She smiled wanly at me and they left. I felt bad for causing her pain and worry, and why? Because I was a suspicious caveman and had run instead of facing down the issue.

I was half dozing when I was awakened by a nurse and a doctor entering the room. Josie was sitting in the chair by my bed and Bon and Mel were sitting across the room. Josie was looking more refreshed than when she'd been here earlier.

The doctor was an older man, he'd been a brunette but was more gray now than not. He wore a pair of half glasses and he looked over the top of them as he spoke to me.

Saxon_Hart
Saxon_Hart
1,150 Followers