Mick the Dick Ch. 16

Story Info
Mick comes out on the good side.
3.2k words
4.66
25.1k
1
0

Part 16 of the 39 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/31/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

By the time the police finished everything they needed to do, which didn't take too long, and Teresa finished embarrassing Stacy, and Benjamin finished embarrassing himself, the party had just about cleared out. Don did an excellent job with evacuating the Whitmans out of the area. Being an older couple and rather "well-to-do", it would have been a little too exciting for them. I was ready to evacuate myself, but had to worry about getting Freddie and his "niece" back downtown. And frankly, Freddie wasn't quite ready to go, so I had to stick around a little while longer.

Teresa Armacost was handling it rather well, all things considered. She didn't ask anybody to leave, even though most of them did. She apologized for the excitement, but not for Benjamin's actions. "He got himself into this mess, he'll have to get himself out."

Holly, on the other hand was quite upset. She was embarrassed, hurt, and pissed off all at the same time. She had gone to her room. I knew there wasn't much I could do, but I felt obligated to do something. I approached Teresa, who had just gotten off the phone and was still entertaining like the perfect hostess. "Mrs. Armacost, I noticed your daughter seemed pretty upset. I think I might be able to help her out a bit, that is, if you'd like me to try."

"That would be very nice of you, Mick. Do you know where her room is?"

"No, ma'am. Can you tell me?"

"If you go upstairs, her bedroom is the second one on the left. Mick, she and her father are very close. Be careful what you say."

"I will. If Freddie is looking for me..."

"Don't worry about Freddie, I'll keep him occupied."

I just smiled as I started towards the stairs. When I got to the second floor, Holly's room was easy to find, it was the only door closed. I knocked on it twice.

"Who...who is it?", Holly asked. I could tell she was crying.

"It's Mick."

"Go away Mick. I don't want to see anybody right now."

"Are you decent?"

"Yes, but go away."

I opened the door. Holly was sitting on the edge of her bed.

"What part of "go away" didn't you understand?"

"The part after you said you love me." I smiled at her as I walked closer to her.

Holly cracked a smile. "Oh Mick. Why? Why did my father have to go and fuck things up like this?"

"Because he's a man. Men have a tendency to fuck up everything."

"Mick, I'm serious. Why is he fucking the lady next door? Why did he just fuck up his marriage to my mother? Why?"

"I wish I could explain it, Holly. Sometimes all of that power and money just goes to peoples' heads. I'm not making excuses for him or anything. To be honest, I think he was pretty stupid."

"So do I."

"Well, he did this to himself. It's nothing you could have done about it."

"I know, but..."

"No buts. This was totally his fault. You had nothing to do with it."

"I hired you."

"Yes, you did. But Holly, your mother hired me too. I'm not supposed to tell clients about each other, but under the circumstances..."

"I know."

"You know what?" She had me a little confused.

"I know my mother hired you. I'm not stupid."

"How did you know?"

"I knew it the day I hired you."

"Well why didn't you let me know that you knew?"

"I figured you had a reason for not telling me. I knew it was probably an ethics thing. And frankly, I wanted to see how much your ethics meant to you."

"Well how do you think I did?"

"Well, up until you just told me, pretty good." Holly leaned over against my arm and shoulder. "I'm glad you fessed up to me though. At least I know I mean more to you than your stupid old ethics."

Oh how I wish she hadn't said that. My lack of ethics is what got me started with her in the first place.

"Does your mother know that you hired me too?"

"Hell no! She knows I know she hired you, but she'd really get pissed if she thought I was doubting her. You don't have to tell her do you?"

"No. We can work around that."

"Mick? Would you do me a favor?"

"Sure."

"Would you run downstairs and get me a drink? Something strong."

"Sure, but can I walk instead?"

Holly laughed a little, "Always joking around?"

"That's me." I stood up and walked out of her room and back downstairs. I found the bar and poured Holly a highball glass full of bourbon. No ice, no water, no soda, just bourbon. I think she needs it.

Teresa was talking to some of the guests that remained. She looked over at me and made it obvious she saw the drink. I mouthed to her, "It's for Holly", and pointed upstairs. She smiled and nodded indicating she understood. She walked towards the stairs and intercepted me.

"How is she?", Teresa asked with true concern.

"Oh, she's doing much better. She'll be fine."

"Thanks, Mick. You're a good friend." She kissed me on the cheek and walked back to her guests.

I walked back up to Holly's room. When I got there, she had slipped off the dress she had been wearing and had on a thin oriental silk robe. "I hope you don't mind if I got a little more comfortable."

"Not at all. It's your room." I handed her the drink.

"So, Mick. Why did my father mess around with Mrs. Schmidt? Do you even know?"

"Honestly, no. I don't. Like I said. It has to be one of those ego trips."

"I'm glad I know the truth, but I wish it had never happened. I have a feeling things are going to be a little rough around here. I know mom is going to get even with him somehow. You know, she's got more money than daddy?"

"That's what I understand."

"So I know she's going to do something to get even with him. She doesn't need the money, but I know she's going to take the house and whatever else she can get."

"Do you blame her? I mean, your father was the wrongdoer here."

"No, I don't blame her. I guess I still wish they would just forget it and go back the way things were a year ago."

"Holly, do you really believe this was the first time?"

"First time? What do you mean?"

"A man that fools around with someone as close as the next door neighbor, especially when there is a little bad blood between her husband and him, isn't doing this for the first time."

"Mick, I'm having a hard time with it only being once and now you're telling me that he has done this before? I don't believe you."

"I'm just trying to tell you..."

"I don't want to hear any more. You don't know my father the way I do."

"You mean the way you thought you did."

"What ever. Look, I want to be alone."

"Okay Holly, but what are you going to do tomorrow when all of your friends read about it in the newspaper?"

"What??? What do you mean, newspaper?"

"Did you know there were two reporters at the party tonight?"

"Reporters? What was that one of your ideas?"

"No, your father's. They are friends of his. Or maybe clients. I recognized them."

"Well, if they're friends or even clients, they won't say anything."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Oh Holly. You are so naïve. A reporter would sell their soul for a story like this. One of the most powerful men in the city gets caught cheating on his wife with the next door neighbor during a big party at his house?!? You're not that stupid."

"Alright, Mr. Pheury. Like I said, I want to be alone."

I got up and walked towards the door. "And you can send me your bill in the morning."

I didn't say anything and just closed the door behind me on the way out.

I went back downstairs and passed Teresa on the way towards the kitchen. When I caught her eye I just shook my head and rolled my eyes back. She stopped her conversation and followed me into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?", she asked.

"She's one mixed up, upset young lady."

"I thought you said she was okay."

"She was, at least I thought she was. She's still trying to defend what he did."

"What? Is she trying to blame me?"

"No! Not you. I warned her that this was not the first time. A man doesn't get this extreme with an affair his first time out."

"I know. Mick, I wasn't totally honest with you about his affairs. I know he has had several over the last few years. Frankly, he fucks around on me all the time. Secretaries, clients, clients wives, you name it. I've always tried to stick with him. Mostly because of the kids. I guess that now that they've grown up, I can face reality once again."

"Holly is worried that you'll get revenge on him."

"Oh? She's worried about it? She doesn't need to worry. I will most definitely get revenge. I don't know how, but I will get revenge. I will fucking ruin him."

"About two years ago, I found out about an affair he was having. I changed the locks on the house. I made him move out. Holly and Ted were told he was involved with a big case and would be living closer to the office in an apartment. I threatened him with a divorce, the third time I did so during our marriage. I threatened to go public and kill his law practice. But being Holly had just started college and Ted was getting ready to, I couldn't do it to them. I let Benjamin move back in. I let him know that if I ever caught him again, I would divorce him very publicly. I thought he had listened, at least until a couple months ago."

"I also tried to warn her about the press. I told her there were at least two reporters here tonight."

Teresa laughed, "Two?? Try four. And the one is one of the best investigative reporters in the city. On top of it, she's never really liked Benjamin."

"Why was she here?"

"She's been shacked up with one of Benjamin's best friends for over a year now."

"Oh, I see. So chances are, the wake up news story is going to be about the wild party at Benjamin Armacost's house."

"That should be about the size of it."

"Hoo boy. I just hope Holly doesn't go off the deep end about this."

"I hope not also." Teresa paused as if contemplating to continue. "Mick? Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Sure. But I reserve the right to answer it."

"Is there a woman in your life?"

"Ahh. Umm." I hope it's not an inquiry for her. Why do you ask?"

"I think Holly is falling for you."

Oh, oh! This could be a problem. "Holly is a nice girl."

"You didn't answer the question."

"What makes you think she's falling for me?"

"Mick Pheury this and Mick Pheury that. You have been the only man she has talked about this week. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought she moved in with you."

"Oh, no. She hasn't done that."

"No, I just mean, Holly doesn't usually talk about men that much. I was just wondering if she has made a play for you. She has a tendency to go for older men, I guess she has some of her mother in her."

"To answer your question, there is one girl in particular in my life, but there isn't any formality in our relationship."

"Does Holly know about her?"

"Oh, I think so. She's my secretary."

"That's good, because sometimes I think she could fall in love too easily. She's a little naïve. I guess she gets that from her mother too."

"Naïve? You?"

"Yeah! Me. After all, I'm the one that thought Benjamin had learned his lesson. I guess this time I won't have to change the locks, he doesn't have any keys with him. Ooo! By the way, you don't think I should run any clothes down to him, do you?"

"Hell no. The police won't let him run around naked. They'll give him one of those nice bright orange, very chic jumpsuits to wear."

"Good, that's what I was hoping."

"You know, he'll probably be out in a couple of hours or so. The court will probably release him on his own recognizance, being who he is and all."

"What happens if he shows up here? Do I have to let him in?"

"Well, it is his house too. You can't legally keep him out and it's not illegal to break into your own house. But I don't think he'd be that stupid. I don't think he'll come home tonight. If he does, call the police. They'll try to convince him to stay somewhere for the night."

"I hope not. What should I do tomorrow? Or do I have to wait until Monday?"

"Well, I'm not a lawyer, but I'd say that's where you should start, with your lawyer. I take it you have one?"

"Oh yes. I still use the law firm my father was with. It pisses off Benjamin."

"That's good. Do that first thing, provided someone is in the office. I think they'll get things going."

"Hey Mick! I know this has been one hell of a party and all," I turned to see Freddy standing in the doorway, "but can I get a lift back downtown? I mean, if you've struck out with the goof ball's wife."

"Yeah, sure thing Freddie. Are you ready now?"

"Yep. Ready when you are."

"I'm ready. Grab your niece... I mean get your niece and I'll meet you out front."

Teresa grabbed me by the arm, "Mick. Thanks for everything. I'll be by your office Monday morning after I finish with the attorneys. I'll settle things with you then, if you can have the bill ready." She kissed me.

"I'll have it ready for you. Thanks for the hospitality. And tell Holly I said good night."

I went out to the limo and started it up. I pulled it around to the front door of the house and got out. Freddie must have still been saying his good-byes while I stood by the opened car door.

"Mick! Psst! Mick!" I looked up to the second floor of the house. Holly was leaning out an open window and whispered, "I'm sorry Mick."

"Don't worry about it."

"Please don't be mad with me. I'm upset, not at you."

"I'm not mad at you."

"You have a right to be. I've been a bitch."

"Yes you have, but I'm not mad with you."

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay. We'll talk then."

By that, Freddie and Shirley came out the front door. "Wow! What a night, huh?"

"Yes it was. I hope you had a good time, even with all of the excitement."

Shirley crawled into the back seat of the limo. "You know something Mick, you saw a little history tonight. Everybody in town has been waiting to watch that son of a bitch fall. Tonight we got to watch it first hand. It's about time he get caught. He's been fucking around on that lady for a long time."

This was funny. I thought all of these people loved Benny Armacost. But, what I'm seeing is that they were all just hanging around waiting for a moment like tonight.

"I thought you were a friend of Mr. Armacost."

"Friend??? Let me explain something to you Mick, Benjamin Armacost doesn't have any friends. If he can't make a buck or get fucked by you, you're shit to him." Freddie got in the car.

I closed the door and walked around to the drivers door and got in.

"The scenic route or quickest?", I asked Frankie.

"Well, let's leave it up to my niece."

"I could use another drink," Shirley said almost immediately.

"Where would you suggest, Mr. Taxidriver?"

"Classy, or just a fun place?"

"How about just a fun place."

"Okay, I know just the place." Murphy's, here we come.

It was about midnight when I pulled the limo up in front of Murphy's. Luckily, there is a loading zone in front of Murphy's that doesn't get used after 6 pm. The cops usually leave limos alone when they park there at night. Not that Murphy's gets many Limos.

There was a good typical Friday evening crowd. We went inside, and I got the customary hug and kiss from Sylvia. "A table or the bar."

Before I could ask, Freddie said, "The bar will be just fine."

"The bar, please."

"Your seat is available back in the corner. I'll see if I can get them to move down a little for you." Sylvia took the lead.

"I take it you come here often?", Freddie asked.

"My first time."

Freddie just looked at me. "And if I don't believe you..."

"If you don't believe me, you can by my drinks. I'll have a club soda with lime, thank you very much."

Freddie just laughed. As we got to my corner, Murph handed my stool across the bar to me. "Thanks Murph. Nice crowd tonight."

Murph just grunted, smiled, and went back to waiting on his patrons.

Freddie just smiled. "I thought this was supposed to be a fun place. It sure has a lot of class. Personalized seats for first timers and all."

"This is a neat place. I like it," Shirley said as she took a seat on one of the stools.

"You pick them good, Mick," Freddie smiled, "She likes it here."

"I knew she would."

Murph returned to our end. He had some help, three other younger college kids working their way through school, and D.J., his usual night bartender. "What'll you have."

Freddie spoke up, "My friend on the end will have a club soda with lemon..."

"Lime," Murph interrupted.

"Lime?", Freddie looked at me and then back at Murph.

"Mick only drinks lime with his drinks, even when it's only club soda."

"Okay. I stand corrected. A club soda with lime, for my picky friend on the end. The young lady will have a champagne cocktail..."

"With a shot of tequila," Shirley interjected.

"Ah, am I like the one ordering here or what? And before someone tells me what I want, I'll have a scotch and soda," Freddie let out a sigh.

"Any particular scotch?"

"The best on your top shelf."

"You got it." Murph walked away and returned a few minutes later with our drinks. Freddie and Shirley were having such a good time drinking and talking. I told a few stories about when I was a cop and Freddie told a whole lot of stories about Benjamin Armacost. We stayed until closing time.

Freddie lives in a swank downtown apartment during the week. This week that included Friday night. He lives about 100 miles out of town and usually commutes home to his estate on weekends. Oh, and his wife. I dropped Freddy and Shirley off at the apartment. As he got out he shook my hand and slipped me a couple of bills. "You did a real good job tonight, Mick. I hope to see you again."