Mick the Dick Ch. 23

Story Info
Carla starts showing her jealousy.
1.9k words
4.57
17.5k
00

Part 23 of the 39 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/31/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A couple of days passed. All of the "human interest" in Armacost had died down. I heard that his bail was dropped and he was released on his own recognizance pending his trial. I also understand that his attorney strongly recommended he stay away from Teresa and the house. He took up residence in an apartment building in the same block as his building. The truck, Teresa had loaded up by noon on Saturday, dropped everything off at his new residence on Monday afternoon, just after he was released. Naturally, the media made a circus out of it and had coverage on it through the day. I guess they killed the story enough that nobody cared by Tuesday afternoon.

On Tuesday morning I received an email from David Schmidt saying that he posted the bail for Stacy once her lawyer had her sign the separation agreement. David was still being way too nice. He pulled some strings to get her a nice apartment on the outskirts of downtown. He even put up the first three months rent. I guess he was ready to do anything to get rid of her.

Sergeant McNally called just to say he had not been able to find out anything yet. Being the prostitution detail was working nights, and he was on days, they just hadn't had a chance to meet up.

I hadn't heard from Holly until Wednesday afternoon. She called after she finished classes.

Carla yelled in to me, "Mick. Holly Armacost is on the phone for you."

"Okay, thanks." I picked up the phone. "Hi, Holly. How are things."

"I guess they're alright."

"You guess? Have you heard from your dad?"

"No. Actually, I haven't heard from my mother or father."

"Where'd your mother go?"

"I'm not sure. She said she needed to get away for a few days, just to calm down."

"That was probably a good idea."

"Yeah, but I wish I knew where she went."

"Why didn't you go with her?"

"I asked if she wanted me to and she said no. She said she didn't want me to miss any classes on account of this and said she'd rather be alone. She said she'd be a few days and that she'd call. She hasn't."

"How did she go? And when?"

"I guess she drove. Her car is gone. And it was Monday morning, after I left for school."

"And you have no idea where she would go?"

"No, Mick. I really don't. You know, she and my father have several places she could go. They have a place at the beach, one in the mountains, and one in Florida. I checked the boat, which was my grandfathers, so that's all hers, she wasn't there. She wouldn't take that out by herself anyway."

"Is there anyone you could call at any of the other places that might be able to tell you if she's there?"

"No. Unfortunately, I don't know any of the neighbors at the other places."

"Well, look Holly. I don't want to sound cold, but if something had happened to her, you'd have heard by now. The one thing police are real good at is making a notification. I'm sure you will probably hear from her this afternoon. Have you tried her cell phone?"

"No, I haven't. I don't want to sound like I'm keeping tabs on her."

"Maybe you should. The one thing she kept saying was how close you and your father are. Maybe she is worried you are more loyal to him."

"Pardon me, Mick. But fuck him. He's the one that caused this, not her."

Wow, what a change a couple days can make. "I know that and I know you know that, but maybe your mother doesn't know you feel that way. You should tell her."

"Maybe you're right, Mick. Thanks. I'll call you back in a little while."

"Okay, I'll be here."

Carla poked her head around the corner of the doorway. "How's she doing?"

"She's worried. Teresa went somewhere to get away and hasn't called her."

"Any idea where she went?"

"No. Holly didn't want to call her, but I just talked her into it."

"That's a good idea. Is she going to call you back?"

"Yes. That's what she said."

I pulled up my email and was reading them when Holly called back. "Mick! Holly!"

"Did you get ahold of her?"

"No. I got her email and told her to call me."

"Well at least that is something. Don't worry about her Holly. I'm sure she's okay."

"I hope so Mick. I lost one parent this week, I don't want to lose the other."

"I know what you mean. Let me know when you hear from her, okay?"

"Yeah, I will. You know something, Mick. I sure could use some company later."

"Really? You have any idea with who?"

"Yes. Would you like to stop by later?"

"I have a better idea. Carla and I were going to throw a couple of steaks on the grill, why don't you stop by my house. I'm sure I have enough for another mooch."

"With Carla? What are you nuts?"

"No. It's no trouble at all. Stop by around 6." I had to say something to throw off what was being said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. We'll see you around 6."

"Okay, it's your funeral. I'll see you around 6."

Carla spun towards me in her chair. "I didn't know we were having dinner at your house tonight."

"Oh! Didn't I ask you? It must have slipped my mind. Would you like to have dinner at my house tonight?"

"Is she stopping by?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Then I'll be there." Carla snickered.

"Not taking any chances? Meoowwww!!!"

"That's right." Carla let out a devilish grim. "Actually Mick, I think that was really nice of you. If she is worried, she probably shouldn't be alone."

"Yeah! I know, I'm such a nice guy."

"Yeah, you are."

About an hour later, the phone rang and Carla answered it. "Mick! Holly!"

I picked up the phone. "Hi Holly. What's up?"

"My mother just called. She's okay."

"Where is she?"

"California."

"California? What the hell is she doing in California?"

"I don't know. She just said she wanted to get away and decided on going out there."

"That sounds strange. Has she gone out there before?"

"Yeah. Her and dad have gone out there a few times. She likes San Francisco."

"Is that where she is?"

"No. She's in L.A."

"But she didn't say why?"

"Nope. Just said that was where she wanted to go."

"Did she say when she was coming back?"

"Nope. Just that she wasn't going to be long."

"Well, at least she's okay."

"Yeah! Are we still on for dinner?"

"Yes. We'll celebrate her being okay."

"Is Carla still going to be there?"

"Of course."

"Oh well, I guess I can't have everything."

"Don't forget to bring a swim suit. Maybe we'll go in the hot tub for a while after dinner."

"Okay. See you at 6."

I know what you're thinking, "You stupid asshole, what the fuck do you think you're doing, putting Carla and Holly in the same house together?" I was thinking the same thing. But I always have liked living dangerously.

I stood up from behind my desk and walked to the doorway. "Teresa is fine. She's in California."

"California? What the hell is she doing out there?"

"That's what I asked. She didn't say. I guess she wanted some sun."

"I guess so. Did she say when she'd be coming back?"

"No, she just said she wouldn't be long."

"If it were me, I'd stay out there."

"Not me. Earthquakes, mudslides, forest fires, I'll stay here."

"Yeah, goofy lawyers cheating on there wives..."

"That's the life for me. Job security."

"Hey, if we're supposed to meet the ditz at 6, does that mean we're not hitting Murphy's tonight?"

"Hmmm! Well, we could knock off a little early..."

"Sounds like a plan to me." Carla started putting away the files on her desk.

"Well I guess that settles that."

For a change, we made it to Murphy's at the beginning of happy hour instead of the end. You know something? It is so comforting to go into a place and be welcome. Not for your money or influence, because I don't have either, but just because it's you. Sylvia gave me the customary hug and a kiss on the cheek. She has even gotten into giving Carla a hug when she stops by. I walked through the bar saying hi to a few of the regulars. Murph yelled his greeting as usual. I made my way to my seat in the corner and Carla took the seat next to me. We had no sooner taken our seats when Murph brought a round of our usuals and sat them down in front of us.

"Sorry I missed you two yesterday. I took a well deserved day off."

"That was well deserved, Murph."

"So, Mick, I understand you were at Armacost's place the other night when all hell broke loose. Is that where you were coming from when you stopped by?"

"Yeah, but it really wasn't that big of a deal."

"What happened?"

"Armacost was next door fucking the neighbor's wife when the neighbor came home and caught them. That was all."

But the news said he got caught by the cops running through the neighborhood naked and then he slugged one of the cops."

"Well, yeah. He did that too."

"That was a pretty stupid thing to do."

"Yes it was."

"And the neighbor, he's a lawyer too?"

"That's right."

"What is this guy, the most stupid man on earth?"

"No. The most arrogant."

"And then the neighbor's wife gets locked up for punching out the husband, right in front of the cops. That must have been a riot to watch. She isn't too smart either."

"Nope! It's a shame because her husband is a nice guy."

"I wonder what gets into women. I'd like to know what she sees in a turd like Benjamin Armacost."

"I'd like to know that myself. Frankly, I'd like to know what Armacost sees in her. Mrs. Armacost is not exactly hard to take."

"That's the broad you were in here with earlier last week, right?"

"Yeah, that was her alright."

Murph looked at me and winked with the eye Carla couldn't see. "Well, maybe now's your chance. An extremely wealthy divorcée who obviously has a liking for you."

Carla gave my right knee a hard squeeze but said nothing as she daydreamed down the bar.

"No comment?"

Carla acted like she didn't hear Murph, "Huh? I'm sorry, what was that Murph? I wasn't paying attention."

"I was just..."

"Forget it Murph, she was listening. I still have the finger marks in my knee where she grabbed me when you said it the first time."

Murph chuckled in his deep guttural tone.

"No," Carla said very calmly, "Mrs. Armacost is a little too old for Mick. But her daughter may do. And I know she has the hots for him."

"Ooo! Mick! The daughter? How old is she?"

Quickly, Carla replied, "Eighteen. In two months!"

"Murph! Don't you have some work to do, like bring us another round?"

"Eighteen?"

I defended my honor, "She's 22."

"Your drinks are on the way." Murph laughed all the way down the bar.

"Phew! And you were no help."

Carla just smiled. "Like you said Pheury, meoowwww!"

I couldn't help but laugh. I knew Carla was putting on a little act, but I was wondering just how jealous she was of Holly. Women have this sixth sense about other women. They can tell whether a man is telling the truth about another woman or not. Carla was obviously using hers, and I'm sure she was just warming it up for what was in store the rest of the evening.