Mike and Mary Tree

Story Info
The continuing saga of a good life.
6.7k words
4.13
51.4k
16
30

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/02/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers

My life is still good. After my internship in Hell, I decided to leave the Guard when my time was up. Even though I am out, the guys and I are still friends. Mary understands, and would not have it any other way. In fact I have become the official, unofficial, photographer for the unit. I mostly do a few training items for them and a yearly shot of the entire group in formation. They pay me with their friendship, and occasionally some of them visit to help with my forest, on their own time of course. They also get some free firewood.

After a while my partner, in the photography business, decided it was time to cut back and enjoy life more. Business has been steadily picking up and a while ago we had to bring in another trainee. She is learning the same way we did, master 1 thing and then move on. Martha has been working on her own for 3 months now and is doing well. Most of our work is digital now, but we still work with film when a job requires it. Now there are 2 ½ of us and it sure is nice to have a female perspective on some things.

I was on the way back from assignment when I pulled into a little diner along the border between Pennsylvania and Maryland. I had been there years ago, before Hell. The food was good then and still was. There were a few others there, but one couple stood out. You could tell how in love they were from the way they talked and looked at each other. She was a redhead, bright green eyes, and a body to kill for. Her face was a little on the boyish side, this made her all the more intriguing. He was tall, dark and handsome, in fact he was black. Not that it bothered me, I thought it made them that much more interesting. I heard enough of their conversation to know they were quite articulate.

We all left at the same time, as we got outside I commented on how they looked good together, she blushed. I could not tell if he did. We talked for a bit about how so many people had a negative view of their relationship. I asked them "Do you love each other?" of course I already saw the answer in their eyes. They responded "Yes" at exactly the same time, in 2 part harmony. I told them that if they were truthful, then what everyone else thought was not relevant.

As we parted he noticed me heading toward my company car, logo on the side. We talked for a few more moments about my work, he commented that he might be able to send some work my way so I gave him a card.

A few months later I was on a call to visit a potential client. In the lobby a photo on the wall looked familiar, like an older version of someone I had met before. The meeting was going well; they had looked over the material on our company web site and were excited to talk to me. The firm they were doing business with was slower than they liked and the work was becoming sloppy, no longer to their liking either. I asked how they heard about us, the president pulled out a slightly worn business card and told me his son –in-law gave it to him. His daughter and son-in-law were very impressed with me personally and if the web site was any indication, the company was going to love the quality of our work. I am hardly ever at a loss for words, but I was so lost. He saw the look on my face and called for someone to come into his office.

I heard footsteps behind me; he said "I would like you to meet my daughter, Katherine." I turned to see the most stunning green eyes. Now I knew why he looked so familiar. The faces could have been twins, except for the age difference and that red moustache. I also noticed a small baby bump. Mom always told me that a gentleman never mentions pregnancy first in a conversation; I smiled and shook her hand. "The diner" I said. She smiled.

I left with a 3 month contract, so we could see how the companies worked together, with an extension to 3 years if everything worked out as expected. As we shook hands Katherine handed me a slip of paper with a phone number on it. "Please call this number." was all she said.

I was not sure what to think, but life was good and getting better. I don't think my partner would agree much. He may need to work full time until we can train someone.

An hour later, when I got home, I called the number. It went straight to voice mail; I left my name and number.

3 days later I answered the phone, "Hi, this is Mark." was the first thing I heard. My first thought was I am so happy for you, but I asked," How can I help you?" He explained that he was Katherine's husband, and then he sort of stammered around a bit before he asked if I might be interested in doing some intimate photos of his wife and him. I explained that I was an industrial photographer, rarely did people, and had never done anything in that line. I knew someone who would, and could give him their number. He explained that he and Katherine were comfortable with me and would appreciate it if I would consider. He also expressed concern that someone might get their hands on the photos, if too many people were involved, and he could not allow Katherine to be embarrassed that way. I told him I would think it over for a few days and call him either way.

The next evening Mary and I talked about it. I had taken some modest pictures of her when she was pregnant with Billie. Mary was proud of them and thought I should do the job. She pointed out how women are even more beautiful when they are pregnant and should have a reminder of those times. Who can argue with logic like that?

The next day I called Mark back, we talked about it. I told him that the job would be private; the company could not to be involved. If he was looking for explicit photos that I would not do it, the only way I would do the shoot was to do it digital, hand him the memory card and he was responsible for the printing. I only wanted a modest picture or two to share with Mary. I also would let him set the price with the understanding of what we charge at work; after all I am a pro. Since I had never done this type of work before, I would not accept payment unless they were completely satisfied. He was happy with the offer and replied that they would talk it over.

The next day Katherine called and accepted the terms. Neither of them had ever posed like this before and both had concerns. I offered to send Mary's favorite picture for their approval, explained that it was quite modest and that I had her permission to do so. I told her we would need to set a time and place and have a plan before anything else would happen.

On the appointed day I showed up at their home, WOW it was beautiful but much too large for my tastes. We talked and agreed that we would start outside in the garden, fully clothed. They had some clothes they wanted to try, I thought Katherine in black and Mark in white would be interesting. The first set we did they were dressed "to the nines" in evening gown and tux, then she wore a peasant dress and he wore casual clothes, both were barefoot. Then we tried the black and white, again barefoot. They looked good together, separate and in everything they tried on. After about 3 hours we headed indoors to take some photos in their bedroom. I told them we would go as far as they felt comfortable. By now we had built up a trust and were working well together. They were still dressed in black and white, so we continued with that theme.

About an hour later they were nude except for a few strategically placed body parts and draped bed clothes, she was even more stunning. As we finished and they got up to dress I saw that Mark had an erection. I was slightly impressed when I had seen him flaccid, but erect he did not get any bigger, just harder. In fact he and I are about the same size, so much for rumors.

They dressed as I gathered up my equipment and put it away. We returned to their living room and I gave them the memory cards I had shot. Mark showed me the new professional grade printer they had just purchased. It was a newer version of one we used in the shop. I liked the extra features and decided to get one.

3 weeks later I received a large envelope in the mail; inside were 4 photos and a check for $5000, more than I had expected. 3 of the photos were taken outside, 1 in each clothing change. The final one was of Katherine reclining on the bed reclining against Mark who was behind her, one knee strategically placed and Marks arm across her breasts, and her belly was prominently on display. The joy on their faces was incredible. There was also a letter that expressed their overall satisfaction with the results. They made a CD of the photos and had printed almost every one of them, I am glad I did not have to pay for all the ink. There were only 5 or 6 that they did not use, out of over 900. Nobody does perfect work, all I promised them was they would like some.

They said the final photo they sent me was blown up to 11 x 14, they framed it and hung it on their bedroom wall where they could see it from the bed, but not visible from the door.

I took the photos to show Mary, she knew Katherine from college. They had taken some classes together. Mary called Katherine the next day; we will be getting together for supper next month. It seems that Katherine also recognized Mary but did not want to say anything that might make the shoot awkward.

One day there was a visitor at work, he was a Marine Corps combat photographer. He told our secretary that he was looking for The Red Baron. She thought he was nuts, and told him you could get that brand of pizza at the local market. Not many people know about that part of my life, except for what is known about my heroics. My partner heard him and asked him to wait a minute. He then called me and let me know about the visitor.

I met Steve about an hour later; it turns out he was along for the ride, that day in Hell. He had some photos of the action that day. I looked at one of the explosion's flash and a couple of others showing combat that day, they were all top quality. He had a flash drive with all the photos he took that day that he wanted to give me. I had seen enough, and politely declined. When I asked him if he was still in the Marines, he told me had seen enough too and had recently gotten out. I asked what he was doing and where he was going, he was not sure. I told him about our company and asked if he might be interested in working with us. After talking for a while he thought that might be a plan, I called my partner and set up the meeting.

Great minds think alike, so I've been told. While at the shop he had shown some of the photos, my partner was impressed with the quality too. To frame and shoot as many photos as he did and get good work almost every time is nearly impossible. He did the impossible.

We agreed to set him up on a 6 month trial basis; if it did not work out, or he wanted out, we could still be friends. He gave the flash drive to my partner in case I might change my mind. I don't think I will, but you never know.

It was 2 days later that he brought in the rest of his portfolio, I think he was better than me. There were action photos from sporting events, portraits, landscapes and some industrial photos sort of like we do. The photo I remember most was taken at a racetrack. It was a stock car, head on, taken with a wide angle lens from ground level looking up; the tires were not touching the ground. He said that "...he got out of that business after seeing the photo, because the car was doing 150 MPH and turned sharply about 40 feet before it got to him. His Momma raised big kids, not dumb ones."

Starting the next week, we had 4 working photographers for the next 3 months. We did not need to bring him onboard slowly as before, but he needed to understand the requirements within our contracts, and learn how we wanted the work done. Upon further reflection he did extremely well.

That afternoon when I got home I could tell that Mary had a lot on her mind. I let her think about whatever it was that was bothering her. Finally told me she was not satisfied with where her life was. "NO!" she said "That is not how I want to say that." She felt that she was lost and was being watched all the time. She loved me so very much and that would never change, but she did not know who she was or what she wanted. She felt that she needed some time alone to think about those things. She never had a period of time alone just for herself.

To that point she felt that her life had been a series of events just cascading out, without any particular reason. First she was her parents' child, then into college, her internship and job, engaged and married, my ride through Hell and subsequent rehabilitation, and then she was a mommy to the most wonderful little girl in the world. She was happy with all that had happened, but she needed to stop and take look at her life, decide what she wanted, then she could continue. She thought she knew the answers, the future frightened her.

We talked for hours; she did not have anyone else and was madly and passionately in love with me. I was the perfect husband and had not done anything to cause this. There was a small, furnished apartment a short distance from her job that she had looked at and she felt she would be OK there. She wanted me to keep Billie and stay at home, "...to limit the outside influences". If there was an emergency I could call her at work anytime. Throughout all she said, I was mostly quiet.

She had the time to think about how she wanted to present her case, I asked for a little time to think about all she had said.

Not much was said at supper, and after I put Billie to bed I took the time to speak about my concerns. I loved her more than life and told her so, but if she was to have the time she asked for, we must both be true to each other. There could be no dating anyone else and definitely no sex of any kind. I thought that if we were to have sex in that period it might confuse or influence her, the decision had to be entirely hers. We were well known throughout the area and if either of us were unfaithful it would most certainly get back to other. I thought it would be a good idea if we were to get together for a date every now and then to discuss anything that might be important. Before we separated she would need to give me some sort of idea of how long she might need and I asked her to think it over for a few more days before she decided to act.

Now my head hurt, almost as much as my heart. For the first time in our marriage I turned and went to bed without kissing her good night. I did not sleep much that night and I don't think she did either. She did not come to bed and when I looked in on her at 3 she was still sitting in the same spot with tears running down her face.

As I lay in bed I thought about our life, wondered how this came to be. Maybe I was not attentive enough, did I crowd her or spend too much time watching over her, and was she honest about not having anyone else? Now I was starting to doubt myself and everything I knew and believed. Worst of all; I did not know if I could trust her. Had she killed that?

5 days later after much debate, crying and frustration we were no closer to resolving the matter. We were both mentally worn down, physically exhausted and extremely unhappy. In short, our lives were turning bad very quickly.

Billie was starting to notice things were not right and was now asking questions. Why were Mommy and Daddy not happy? Did we love her? How can she make us feel better? Did she do anything wrong? Was someone sick? No little girl needs to worry about thing like this, and if Mary left it could be worse.

Finally we sat down with Billie and told her that we both loved her and each other very much, but that Mommy was confused and we would be spending time apart. Mommy might pick her up from nursery and keep her overnight sometimes, but she would be here with me most of the time. We assured her that the problem was not because of something she had done. Billie tried to find a way to keep her Mommy home, and then ran out of the room crying. Mary looked like she wanted to die. Billie cried herself to sleep while I held her hand and tried to talk to her. Later, in the little bedroom, I cried myself to sleep too. That night she packed some things, tried to sleep on the sofa, and left for work and a different life in the morning.

I took the day off. Billie was sure that "...Mommy did not love her enough." There was nothing I could do or say to convince her otherwise. That night Mary called to be sure we would be OK. She wanted to speak to Billie, who responded that "...her Mommy was gone and she did not want to talk to anyone on the phone." Mary heard her and sobbed for a while before hanging up. I never had a chance to say that Billie was angry and felt abandoned. I tried to call her back, but her phone was off. I left her a message telling her that we both loved her and would miss her; I hoped she could decide sooner rather than later and would be happy in the long run. I continued to sleep in the little bedroom after that night.

I was worse than useless the next week. Finally, everyone at work told me to go home until I was better.

The next day we packed food and clothes in the car and drove down to see Mom and Dad. I wanted to borrow their camper to get away, relax and try to have some fun. While we were there Mom and Billie had a long talk, over cookies and ice cream, about how much Mary loved all of us and how hard it was on Mary when I was away. We had not told Billie yet about my being in Hell, as we thought she was too young to understand. Then Mom pulled out some pictures of how I looked before it all happened. Billie eyes were wide; she was surprised to hear that her daddy was a Hero and even more surprised that I looked so different. Mom showed her a photo of me at the age she is now and Billie thought I looked just like her, without hair. Then Mom showed her a picture of me in all of the bandages and one the doctors had sent before the surgeries. I don't know how but her eyes got even wider. She ran to me and hugged me and said she "...did love her Mommy, and me and how she was glad that I was pretty again and that I was a hero and please don't die."

I hugged her and told her "I knew she loved her Mommy, and there was no way I was going to die for, hopefully, a long time". I guess every Father is a hero in their child's eyes.

As we drove to the lake we talked. At the lake we talked even more. We swam, fished and hiked all over the place for 5 days. The second day there; Billie declared that she needed to speak to her Mommy. We talked about what she wanted to say when we called, and that Mommy was at work so her phone would be off. There was no phone signal at the lake so we hiked to the top of a small mountain nearby. When we were there Billie got to tell her all the things she had to say. She told her where we were, that she was the best Mommy in the world, she missed her and she was happy that I was a hero and would not die for a long time. Before she hung up I told Mary that there was no reception at the lake and that I missed her too.

That night was the best time ever. We caught some trout for dinner, sang songs and told stories until we too tired to go on. We slept well that night.

In the morning Billie talked me into climbing that mountain again. We ate breakfast, packed lunch and headed out. We walked a bit slower that day, took many breaks and talked about the trees and flowers, birds and animals and how pretty the sights would be at the top. Before we got to the top I told her that "Mommy might not have turned on her phone last night".

I never go anywhere without cameras in the car, I grabbed one today. As we walked and talked we decided what to take picture of and I showed Billie how to aim the camera and take pictures, I even let her take some. She did alright. At the top we had lunch, took more pictures and then we got the phone out and I let her take a picture with it to "send to Mommy".

PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers
12