Mike's New Job Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now it was Mike's turn to hesitate. For the rest of the afternoon and early evening he had nervously thought through every thing he should have said to Heidi, everything he could have said. But in the end, his only reply was, 'My day was...pretty interesting too.'

'I love you.' Heidi didn't quite know where that had come from. She'd just felt like she'd needed to say it. But did this mean it was sincere?

'I love you too,' Mike replied. Inside he thought: Love you enough to possibly cheat on you for money?

There was an awkward silence. Normally one of them would have noticed this, but they were both trying to prolong it as long as possible.

Finally it was Mike who broke it.'Well, hun, I'm glad you're doing okay, but I'm pretty beat. Mind if I call it an early night?'

'Not at all, my hard working man! You need your beauty sleep.'

'You don't; you're beautiful enough as it is.'

'Aw. Good night, Mr Crane,'

'Good night, future Mrs Crane.'

Both put their phones down.

Both thought: For how much longer?

12