Milly Houston Pt. 01

Story Info
A young journalist finding her feet makes it in New York.
12k words
4.71
16.5k
2

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/31/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

WARNING: No much sex as the heroine is too busy working...

CHAPTER 1

Brunette and with a fine figure largely concealed under unfashionable clothes, Milly Houston entered the office of newspaper editor Matt Easton, aware this was her last-chance interview. Although she worked hard and her output was considerable, her work lacked real flair and was considered thin on new and riveting facts that made readers sit up and talk about her contributions.

Matt, pencil behind his right ear, his penetrating blue-eyed focused on her face and that rather unnerved Milly. She'd much prefer him to look at her new boots or perhaps show he was red-blooded and stare at her breasts.

"Hi Milly, take a seat and sweat."

God, what a horrible man. Matt was attempting to pound her into submission so she'd end up resigning. The jerk!

"Tell me Milly, why are you here?"

"Three months ago..."

"No Milly, why are you working on the Dialabo Chronicle instead of serving fries at Martha's diner or even operating the cash register there or perhaps being day manager? The way you hair is and the way you dress prevents my from suggesting perhaps managing a dress store or owning your own hairdressing business."

"Matt, you have no right..."

"Can in Milly. We are talking about your career, not your ego or endeavoring to be political correct. Three months ago I put you on three months' notice requiring you to upgrade your performance significantly. At the end of that first month it was the combined opinion of the chief reporter, the news editor and me that your improvement was negligible. We thought kindly perhaps a 1% lift. The three of us completed our review yesterday and we noted a small improvement had occurred but was nowhere near the 50% target. Do you wish to resign now?"

"No I don't."

"Very well, continue for your final month at our expense."

"Damn you, I want you to make me a star."

"You have to be joking."

"You have turned people around during your illustrious career before your father put you into that chair."

"Oh Milly, they had natural talent. With you the cupboard appears bare."

"Appears or is bare?"

Matt rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "You were recruited a year ago as a graduate from journalism school aged thirty-two instead of the usual twenty-two to twenty-five year old. Harry the chief reporter liked your smile so decided to take a risk and hire you, and now says that was bad judgment. Academically you were top student of your intake but very mediocre in news hounding. You were cited as having no nose for news – that should have sent Harry's alarm ringing. After fourteen months on the job and taking our money you still don't seem to understand how to dig for that killer angle."

"Aren't you overlooking I write well and you receive complimentary letters about my feature stories?"

"That's true but we have three feature specialists and don't require of a fourth. Also feature writing is more about content than praise."

"You are callous and wandering away from the point. You said the cupboard appears bare rather than is bare. Why?"

"Because I remain undecided about you."

"Oh yes, in other words you'd like to bend me over your desk to find if I'm good at that?"

Her deep green eyes flashed and that made Matt grin. She did have the fire. "Well, yes I can't deny the thought of that appeals to me..."

"What! How dare you."

"Excuse me, but the initial statement of me having the desire to bend your over my desk came from you."

"Oh god, damn you. You have me pinned down."

"Which is what the investigative side to good newspaper journalism is all about. You offered me your body over my desk and I'd report that as factual and as an aside might add the thought of that had some appeal to me."

"Is all of this relevant to my review?"

"Yes – it points to gaps in appreciation of how a reporter's mind needs to function. For instance I don't just see your butt over my desk after you've hitched up your dress and pulled down your panties...."

"God, this is sick."

"... I ask myself why is she doing this? Something must be motivating her? What will be the consequences if I take advantage of her? If I don't will she attempt to discredit me in some other way? How good is she at sex? If we do it will she talk about it to others?"

"Matt, are you out of your mind?"

"You're not listening young woman. Your mind is in frivolous mode again. Meanwhile my mind has raised a number of questions and my task if a reporter would be to set about getting the answers. Compared with the way you think about investigating a story my mind is streets beyond yours."

"So all that wasn't really about sex with me?"

"Good girl. It was purely the bones of a teaching example – the framework that required fleshing out and I did that by raising questions and the body of my story would come as I secured those answers. You report what you see and hear and more often than not you fail to flesh out your story, piling in words instead of facts, writing more frivolously than tersely."

"Oh god, I've been wasting my time."

"Perhaps?"

Milly looked at Matt disbelievingly. "Perhaps?"

"Yes. You have thirty days to made good."

"Matt, oh Matt. If you really think that please help me."

Matt asked was she serious about that and Milly said yes, definitely.

"I want you to move in with me for one month."

Shock ripped her face. "Matt, you're married."

"Apparently not. Julia has left me and has filed for dissolution of marriage. My attorney received the papers last week."

"So you wish to fuck me for my final month on this newspaper of which you are publisher-editor?"

"I said move in with me for a month. Give me your mind and body to control as an intense teaching lesson. If you want sex then feel free to fuck me."

"Matt, I can't believe what I'm hearing."

"Milly, be a dumb broad and walk out now or think career, making something of yourself and go to your shared apartment now and pack your bags. You've picked me up at my home a couple of times so know the address."

"But what will people think?"

Matt said be a dumb broad if she wished. "This interview has ended; I have work to do."

Milly walked out in a daze into the newsroom and the four of the six other reporters plus the chief reporter in the room assumed she'd been fired. The news editor and four sub editors were too busy to look up. Milly who was due to work through till 10:00 pm said to Harry the chief reporter, "Matt said I was to go home and contemplate."

"Then off you go Milly. Think carefully and make the right decision."

She walked out knowing Harry had gotten that wrong; he'd meant decide whether to resign now or work out her last month of the three months' notice. She went to a bar fuming. What the fuck was wrong with her hair and her clothes? People were always congratulating her about her by-lined stories and those being the subject of an article often expressed appreciation of her sensitivity and accuracy in her writing. What did Matt and his henchmen want – blood? She wept over her drink.

* * *

Matt arrived home at 11:15 to find Milly in her car on his front lawn. Parking in the garage he walked back to her and saw the car was loaded.

"Good girl. I'll open the other garage door. Drive in and grab the bag you want tonight. We can unload in the morning. Had dinner?"

"Just a sandwich."

"I have a hot-pot on slow cook. There's more than enough for two. Have you been crying?"

"Yes."

"Good, I like you honesty and it will cleanse your spirit. From tonight you are taking your life on a ride. I'll make up a bed for you."

"I'll sleep with you but no sex until I say so."

"Fair enough, that was the condition I suggested."

They ate dinner in virtual silence, although Milly complimented the chef.

When they finished Matt carried the plates to the sink and said he'd clean up in the morning.

"I'll do the dishes now."

"No, you have had an emotional time today. Come and watch some light TV. Lie against me in the big chair. Julia used to do that when we were in love."

Milly followed him into the TV room like a lamb, yawning. She didn't last long, falling asleep. He carried her into the bedroom suite and placing her on the bed removed her dress and shoes, finding under the bulky dress she had a really lovely body. He licked his lips but did nothing more than pull the bedclothes back and roll her on to that side and cover her. She groaned but didn't appear to wake up although she did murmur, "Where am I?"

"Safe, with Matt," he whispered and there was no answer.

Matt went to sleep thinking perhaps he'd dream about fucking the butt off Milly. Tomorrow was Saturday so Milly would also have tomorrow off. Jim the news editor was acting editor at weekends. Matt made a note to have Harry schedule Milly's days off as Saturday and Sunday for the next month.

During the night Matt awoke to find Milly was under the blankets working his cock into an erection. He lay relaxed with a big smile on his face and she almost had him off, but not quite. She then rolled onto to her back without a word and he knew her legs were wide open. So he crawled between them and sank his very ready cock into her. It went in a treat because she was well lubed and her saliva was all over his dick.

Matt had thrust into her no more than thirty times when she squeezed. He felt this enormous pressure on his dick, although it was still sliding – but only just – in and out along her sheath. He exploded. She groaned and as he untangled she rolled over onto her side. He went out for a pee and returned with a towel and she awoke to cooperate as he attempted to push it between her legs. She rolled her shoulders back and murmured, "Kiss" and so they kissed. Matt could scarcely control his delight; at this level of cooperation; he'd make her into a much better journalist within a month or his name wasn't Matt Easton.

Matt moved in behind her and draped an arm over her hip. She pulled it up to cup one of her pert and firm breasts and she murmured "nice." He wondered if he'd now dream about Milly fucking the butt off him but if he did dream that it was not in front-of-mind by the time in the morning when she'd pulled the curtains back and he saw she was in a tracksuit.

"I run for around five miles from 6:00 most mornings. Are you up to it?"

He thought why not, so jumped out of bed.

"Did I really have that in me last night or was it a dream?"

"You had cum oozing out of you when I brought a towel to you."

"Oh, that's how that towel got there. I should have sniffed it and would have know the reason."

"Oh, thinking like a good reporter leaving no fact unturned. Very good," he smiled.

As he suspected, she ran him into the ground. Before completing the fourth mile he staggered to a public seat and waited to be goaded. She did that but began with unexpected sophistication.

"And what lesson did we learn today?"

"I should have stayed in bed."

"Oh good boy. But that averts the problem, rather than solves it. What did you fail to do macho man?"

Feeling his drained body was returning to couple with his mind again Matt thought, attempting to find the answer she was angling for. It came to him. "At the outset I should have said it's a while since I've done some running so I should have asked could I set the pace?"

"Oh brilliant, good boy. Let's grab a cab."

"No you finish your run at your desired pace and I'll walk home."

Off she went waving a hand behind her. He didn't think it was a two-finger obscene gesture.

Matt arrived home to be kissed. Milly's hair wet from the shower.

"Let's get this straight. Did I initiate sex last night?"

Always or almost always a gentleman to a lady, Matt said, "I'm willing to take the blame."

"So I was? God, what a slut. Shower quickly. Breakfast is ready.

The smell of near burning bacon caught Matt's nostrils before he reached the kitchen.

Matt gulped down the small tumbler of orange juice and looked up to see a stack of crispy bacon pancakes descending in front of his nose.

"I thought I'd be placed on a sensible eating diet?"

"Correct, but only week days. At the weekends we break out, sensibly but are free to pig-out one meal on either Saturday or Sunday.

Milly had in front of her one piece of thick whole meal toast. Her hand snaked beyond the butter spread, reaching for the low-cal marmalade.

She saw Matt eyeing her critically and explained, "A nutritional spread providing it's tasty and used sparingly is okay."

He grunted and she smiled and said for the next month she wanted him to consume only low fat milk, to eat no fat-laden spreads and not to add sugar to anything but he could add a few grains of salt to things if he found that necessary.

"Grains?"

"Yes, countable grains."

"Fuck."

"Not yet, I'm having my breakfast."

Matt scowled at her pathetic humor.

Milly said brightly, "What's on today?"

"I'm taking you shopping bisected with lunch at a fish restaurant."

"Shopping? I want for nothing."

Matt eyed her ill-fitting jeans and over-sized man's shirt. "Oh yeah? And your hair appointment is for three o'clock. It will be cut and styled and if you complain Maine has my permission to thump you."

"Who is Maine?"

"My older sister."

"What, a person like you has relatives?"

He forked in pancake, grinning

* * *

Matthew James Easton's parents now lived in Honolulu. His younger unmarried sister Annette was a theatre nurse in Boston and his older sister Maine had remained in her hometown of Dialabo City in southwest Utah along with her brother Matt and just under twenty-seven thousand other citizens. Slightly over-weight and facially unattractive, Matt was thirty-eight and had been promoted from news editor to publisher-editor thirteen months ago on the retirement of Stephen his father. Stephen had purchased the Chronicle thirty-one years earlier.

Matt looked back across the table to his protégé. "Where's the Chronicle?"

"You left it in the mailbox when you came in."

"So did you."

"Stop nitpicking Matt. I trust I won't have to say that to you again. It probably cost you your marriage."

"I've been married twice," he said acidly and scowled when her heard Milly say under her breath, "Those poor women."

Milly then said, "Go get your newspaper Matt while I clean up here. And if you think you're going to dress me in spandex then you are bound for disappointment. I'll not buy unsuitable clothing."

"I'm buying so shut up and it won't be spandex."

"Why are you grumpy?"

"Because you are challenging my authority."

"Be a grumpy asshole with me and your mission to whip me into becoming a good reporter in thirty days is doomed to fail."

Matt glared and then his eyes dropped. "I guess you are right. Sorry."

"Thank you. Since you are tired and physically exhausted I'll go out and get your fucking newspaper."

Almost before Milly stood up Matt was up and out the door, grinning. If he'd caught her triumphant grin he'd been spitting tacks.

After reading a few pages while Milly read a book about trekking through Kenya Matt said, "I haven't heard you talk about your parents."

"So?"

"Well they live in this city."

"So?"

"I find this odd. I've spoken about mine a couple of times and they're in Hawaii."

"Well if you must know I was thrown out of their house; or given twenty-four hours to leave actually after mom caught me in her younger brother's bed for the second time. He was staying with us."

"Your uncle?"

"That's what a mother's brothers are to her daughter."

"Of course. So you refused to apologize for shocking you mother, your father told you off and then what?"

"I told him to shut up about it but her ranted on about bringing shame on the family so I hit him, knocking him almost senseless."

"What he hit his head on the table or something?"

"No. I got him over the heart."

"Jesus."

"Thank you Matt. You may wish to continue reading your newspaper."

They drove to the city center. Milly wanted to walk but Matt asked her how would she get the shopping home.

"How much shopping?"

"Five complete business outfits and two outfits for social outings. Then some great gear for around the house."

"That will cost a small fortune."

"Oh good, I aim to spend my money before I enter marital property split negotiations."

"Attorneys on the other side will attempt claw-back."

Matt smiled and said let them try.

While Milly was trying on the first business suit he called a pal dealing in European cars and going through the VW inventory chose a pre-owned VW manual Eos loaded with extras to be delivered to Matt's home and registered in Milly's name. They would drop in on Monday to complete formalities. Milly had to be really pushed to choose three business suits and two less formal business outfits.

"These prices," she gasped.

"Milly, with one I'm facing one of the biggest challenges of my life, to make you a star. I won't achieve it in thirty days but if you give yourself to me I'll lay the proper framework. Also I want you as my mistress."

"Mistress? Oooh."

"Well I'm a little old to be your boyfriend."

"Give over pal, you are only six years older."

They laughed and left loaded with parcels and probably leaving the attentive store assistant wondering where she could get a guy who wanted a mistress and was as generous as Mr Easton.

They loaded the trunk of Matt's car including with the two social outfits of Matt's choice with admissible input from Milly and then went to lunch with a chilled quite acidic white sending down the lightly grilled fish beautifully.

Later, after introducing Milly to his sister Maine at her salon, Matt went off and purchased sexy underwear (having earlier checked Milly's drawer for bra and panty sizes and then a spandex running suit with small back over-shorts to prevent the runner from looking too 'undressed' and blue running shoes to match. He didn't have the size but when he gave the store assistant Milly's high, bra and panty measurements she made an intelligence guess that proved to be spot on.

Returning to the car, Matt called Maine to say he was about to drive past.

"Milly is all ready for you Matt. She is rather nervous about her new look so be sweet and for heaven's sake don't laugh at her. She's by far your best choice to date Matt. Please do your best to hold on to Milly. We got along like sisters."

Matt tooted and out came his brunette now with a blonde streak and a short ragged cut. He leapt out and smiling hugely said, "You look wonderful" and after kissing her held the door open. He was illegally parked and two cops in a cruiser came up behind and did a brief wail of their siren. Matt waved at Maine standing in the doorway, half saluted at the cops and drove off expeditiously.

He repeated without having to lie, "You look wonderful" and Milly lied, "I thought you would like it."

She looked at the Eismeer blue car on the lawn with a pink ribbon tied around it on which was clearly written in black, 'Milly'.

"Oh no you can't."

"Oh yes I can."

"Oh now you can't."

"Too late, it's registered in your name."

"Oh Matt."

"Oh Milly."

He almost drove through the closed garage door as Milly leapt at him.

Inside the house Milly was almost beside herself in excitement and now passion, panting while pulling Matt out of his clothes. With his pants and underpants around his ankles she pushed him on to the sofa and began vigorous fellatio with Matt laughing and doing nothing to push her away, saying, "This is unnecessary."

Milly with her mouth full didn't attempt to answer.

With Matt's cum dripping from the corners of her mouth, smiling, Milly climbed on to her hands and knees and leaned over the arm of the sofa. "Give it to me slowly Matt, grab my tits and squeeze them softly. I want to really get to know you."