Mira Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
secretme
secretme
3,478 Followers

Mira didn't hear Lilith's speech. Not that it mattered. She knew the speech by heart. It was the same for each of the girls who entered the vampire's cave. Mira's mind was more concerned with the parts of the story that were left out of the flowery farewell and the fact that this time it was intended for Aris. Somehow she felt slighted that the speech was not for her.

Mira looked up from her thoughts to find that the high priestess had stopped speaking. Everyone was waiting for Aris to finish the ceremony. They were patient and stood quietly. Mira didn't know how long they waited for Aris to realize it was her turn. Now as she looked around, she was more afraid of what was to happen to the girl than she thought she would be. The lessons were all too short; so matter of fact.There wasn't enough time to train her properly. She's going to die like the others, only this time it will be my fault. It's my duty. I should be going. I belong to him, not her.Mira couldn't stop her mind from churning. Tears fogged her vision. She realized suddenly that she felt as if she was losing a lover.

Mira stepped shakily forward, gripping the gate, praying that Aris would turn and run. The moon, high in the sky now, cast a blood red sheen over the clearing and an eerie light beyond the gate. Aris passed through the tall, rusted iron gateway, and it creaked, swinging shut behind her. The clanking gate lock sent a jolt though Mira. The last of her heart seemed to have been locked on the other side. She looked into the darkness beyond the mouth of the cave trying to see if he was watching, but she couldn't see anything. The little light that touched the hungry cave mouth was swallowed into the black, offering no hint of what lie within.

Mira turned around to see if the others were still watching. No one was there. The gate had been locked and she was standing alone, watching Aris. All that was left for her was to enter the cave and find him. Mira's eyes traveled the twisted metal archway that she studied so many times in the past. Now as she stood facing the closed gate she realized that she was truly on the wrong side.

secretme
secretme
3,478 Followers
12