Misty Dawn & The Raven Ch. 7

Story Info
Dark clouds.
3.1k words
4.57
16.4k
2
0

Part 9 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/29/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Charles was enjoying the smell of the sea air as the afternoon shadows began to creep over the Raven's deck. He was sipping a silver flask of brandy and gnawing on an orange as he watched the activity on the deck. Four of his men and Catherine were on their knees scrubbing the deck clean. Her small ass was jutting skyward and invitingly, the few days of rest had all but removed her striping she had suffered the other night. It was obvious her strength was returning, and though she still protested from time to time, she was adapting to her role as a trophy of war rather well.

He pulled at the flask and let the wind sweep over his bare chest. There was a slight chill and urgency to it that belied the afternoon heat. He lowered the flask and let his blue eyes scan the horizon. His lips pursed at what he saw in the distance. "Mr. Collins," Charles asked as he lifted a muscular arm to point to the horizon behind them. Young Collins leaned forward from his post and followed Charles arm to the horizon, squinting for a better view. Charles did not need to see the color leave Collins face, for he was certain of what he saw. "Looks like there be a blow, comin' up, Mr. Collins," Charles said with no emotion in his voice.

Collins nodded as he reached for his spyglass, "Aye, cap'n, does indeed, sir." Charles continued to watch the thin black line on the horizon, trying to guess the speed of the clouds that would soon have the Raven enveloped. Collins was doing the same with his glass extended and rose to his eye. The two men stood there in silence staring at the sky and sea. Suddenly Collins lowered his glass and then lifted it again. Lowering it once more he pointed to the horizon and offered Charles the glass, "Cap'n," he said with urgency, "there's a sail."

Charles snatched the glass and lifted it to his eye, trying to follow Collins' indicating finger. Suddenly the lens revealed buffeted sheets of a ship. He held the glass upon it for a moment. He had known those sails well, and their captain. Charles studied the scene for a long moment. The ship was scrambling to cut sail and prepare, but it was loosing time fast. The storm was moving as fast as he had surmised. Charles lowered the glass and clapped it close. "They'll have to do what they can, Collins," Charles said as he handed back the instrument of sight to the young pirate. "We've work to do," Charles said matter of factly as he drained the flask and then leaned over the rail and bellowed to the deck, "All hands on deck!" His bark was followed by shrill whistles blowing and rousting scurrying men from all quarters of the Raven.

---------

Dawn had been smoothing the blankets of Charles' bed from their latest activities when she heard Charles booming voice followed quickly by shrilly sounding whistles. She rose and was both curious and concerned. Part of her imagination was telling her that there was another victim of the Raven close at hand and she would soon hear the booming of great guns inaugurating another battle at sea. Her heart leapt to her throat thinking of the risk that Charles would be taking with his life and she ran to the door, her crimson curls flying away from her pale skin in her wake. She pulled the door open and took one step onto the deck when she ran head long into Fazul's incredibly large chest.

Fazul pushed her back into the cabin and pulled Catherine in his wake. Dawn was shocked, "What is going on Fazul?" She demanded. "A storm, Sultan's Girl," Fazul said quickly and firmly. "He took her hand in his and looked her in the eye, "Sultan's Girl, Sultan wants the two of you to stay here. Keep the door bolted so it will not fly in the wind." He almost had turned away, but he caught the look of concern wash over Dawn's face and the look of fright sparkle in Catherine's eyes, so he looked at both of them and smiled a massive, reassuring smile, "All will well. The storm is not upon us yet and there is no finer a man than Sultan in a blow. Now stay put and keep warm, all will be well. Sultan will come when his our work is finished." With that he bowed deeply and slammed the door behind him, "Calling through the wood, remember, and keep the door bolted!" His last remark was more like an order than she had heard from the kindly giant, but Dawn stepped to the door and through the bolt.

Catherine started hesitantly, "D-dawn..." Dawn turned from the door, her temper roused by being brushed aside like a fragile woman. If this ship and crew needed help for the safety of all, why then was she locked into a cupboard like a precious trinket! Her blazing eyes fell hard upon Catherine's cowering form and she rolled her eyes, "What, Catherine, what?"

Catherine looked at the anger in Dawn's eyes and somehow found comfort in that she was brave enough to be angry. Catherine herself, not one for enjoying the buck and roll of the sea under the best of circumstances was terrified. She almost ignored the fact that Dawn had taken to calling her by her given name, as if they were equals. "Dawn, do you think we will...sink?" Terror had consumed her voice with a tremble to her shrill tenor.

Dawn threw her arms up, her fingers jutting out like small fans, "Catherine, I do not believe this is the first time that these men have seen a little storm before." She realized that her words had stung Catherine deeply and she took a deep breath then pulled Catherine beside her on the bed and held her bony shoulders. "Everything will be alright, you'll see," Dawn offered reassuringly as Catherine put her face in her hands and leaned into the swell of Dawn's chest.

----------

For what had seemed like hours Dawn sat with Catherine, occasionally glancing at the closing of the dark swirling mass out the window. Then came the first tiny, wind split droplets upon the cut glass panes. Suddenly they were being pitched violently. They were both holding one another for support as the storm raged above decks.

Twice Catherine filled Charles' brass chamber pot with the contents of her jostled stomach. Her face was a pallor of green as the deck leapt beneath them. The window was as black as pitch, washed with splattering of tormented waves, and sprayed with heavy drops from overfilled clouds.

Dawn more than once heard Charles voice booming like a second thunder against the fury of the storm. She also heard the heavy crashing of objects, bursts of thunder, shouts of men, and the ever present battering of rain. Catherine was finally asleep, exhaustion from her fear and tender belly pushing her into the solace that only sleep could bring. Dawn drew the covers over her companion and kissed a lock of disheveled brown hair from her face as she tried to stand form the bed as it pitched violently in the storm.

Dawn had to bend over and thrust her legs to support her weight as the rain was buffeted and listed quickly before righting itself. She heard Charles swearing violently at one of his pirates. She swayed her steps to the door and put a hand on the bolt. Her toes were cold and wet from water that was leaking beneath the door, the wood felt chill as well. The Raven lunged and Dawn fell from the door hitting her head hard on the deck as she landed. Her eyes glossed with dull pain and she decided that her curiosity would only kill her if she dared to open the door. She crawled to the bed disappointed and hurting.

---------------

The Raven leapt and bounced over the thrusting waves, like a whore over undulating body of her mate. Taking an unwelcome brutalization from the sea, her timbers creaked and strained, her overstrained rigging groaned against the winds cruel caress. Surf and rain pummeled her decks like calloused hands over a body to be discarded after the joy was spent. The Raven had chosen its fate and was now seeing the harsh reality of its wanton life. Lightning split the sky, flashing like a quickly flashing candle, revealing her disheveled ignoble state. Thunder laughed as a vicious hand of the sea slapped her hull in a cruel thrust. Her prow disappeared as a foaming kiss swept over her visage, only to spit her out once more.

Charles was soaked to the bone. His nipples were dripping from their hardened points. Every muscle in his body was fighting the wheel to keep the Raven on the only course he could steer, into the depth of the storm. He shook the drenched locks form before his eyes and shouted more orders across the sea swept decks. Collins was trying desperately to help him with the wheel, but the young man was losing his fight with his strength. Charles ignored the burn in his muscles from his back, legs, arms, and neck. He was thinking how wonderful it would be if Fazul could teach Misty Dawn to soothe his muscles with Fazul's oils and balms when a giant wave smashed the bow of the Raven, lifting her high from the water and burying the deck in a foamy wash at least four feet in depth.

The ship landed hard upon the icy boiling waves. Someone shouted that a man was overboard, and Charles cursed, as there was a scurrying along the decks. He knew how hopeless it would be; the man could be a mile behind the Raven. Clenching his jaw, he did not look at Collins' pleading eyes as he said in a hushed shout, "Steady on, Mr. Collins." Collins closed his eyes and his fingers tightened on the wheel.

Collins knew that Charles was right, there was little to be done in a storm like this. To risk turning the wheel would mean capsizing the mighty Raven and the attempt to rescue one man would cost all their lives. Collins wondered where Charles found his clam in disregard for human life. It was if the man was made of stone, immobile and resistless to any attempt to pull upon his heart. It was not that Charles did not care for his men, he would be the first to a fallen man's side; that is once the task was complete. However, once death was upon a man, Charles put him completely from his mind. He had not once heard of Charles mentioning anything of Starkley's death since that very night. It was as if once the man's body had been given back to the sea, it washed all memory from Charles' mind forever. Collins shook his head and blinked sea spray from his eyelashes peering into the nothingness of the black storm that had swallowed them all like Jonah's wale.

Charles noticed a deal of commotion as several men were pulling something up the side of the ship. He ignored it and faced the storm. It was losing to him. The storm was breaking against the iron will that was the master of the Raven. He smiled as the winds slowed a bit. The waves were still pitching, but losing their power. The rain fell slowly about the Raven and she was becoming more receptive to the helm. Charles was about to dismiss Collins when Fazul came puffing up to his side, "Sultan," the large man gasped, "there is something you should see." Charles glanced at Collins who nodded and gripped the helm snugly, as Charles nodded putting one hand on the young man's shoulder before turning to leap after Fazul.

-----------

Dawn was dreaming a dream of rolling hills and flight when she was shocked awake by a gust of cold, wet wind. A lightning bolt lit the sky leaving only a dark silhouette of Charles, his feet set square in the flapping door frame, a dark body clasped in his arms. The wind buffeted the room, sending charts and things toppling. The lantern squeaked and swung darkly having been put out long ago for safety against fire. Charles burst into the room, followed quickly by Fazul. Charles snarled to Dawn, "Misty, get Catherine out of bed, Fazul needs to work!" His tone was demanding and desperate. She pulled Catherine's arm waking her as she did. The poor seasick woman immediately brought one hand to her mouth not knowing what was going on.

Before Dawn and Catherine were clear of the bed Charles dropped the body of a woman with dark skin to his sheets. She was covered in water, as if she was a fish just plucked from a river. She wore a light colored blouse that was stuck to her dark skin with the remnants of the sea. Her firm breasts pressed against the transparent cloth as if pleading for release before they were drowned. Her legs were covered with tight leather pants. A pistol was pulled from her belt and water poured from its barrel as it was cast aside. The woman's eyes were half closed and her voluptuous lips were a shade of ghastly lavender.

Fazul began to inspect the woman in a most familiar way. Her skin making his dark thick fingers seem light in contrast. Charles fumbled with the lamp as Fazul tore the blouse from her chest, her soaked black breasts springing free. Dawn noticed how large her nipples were and how curiously dark they were on her chocolate skin. Fazul rolled her quickly, and none to gently onto her back, her head dripping like water over the side of the bed, her soaked black hair slashing upon the deck. Dawn gasped as the giant put both his massive hands beneath her and pulled her abdomen up harshly, tenting her back over his fists.

The woman gurgled and spit a stream of seawater from her purple lips. Dawn gaped as she watched the woman groan and cough. Charles knelt beside the woman who was moving and coughing, "Welcome aboard the Raven, Captain," he smiled to the side of her girlish face. Dawn's jaw dropped.

-----------------

Dawn could not believe what had happened the night before. It had scarcely been a few hours since she had found herself with a new shipmate. She was leaning over the Raven's gunnels watching the waves that seemed so peaceful in the morning sun. Complete contrast to the dark black and raging swells of last night. Those strange waves, like the winds of destiny that had swept one of Charles' cutthroats to his doom and brought a dark-skinned woman to his bed. Not that Dawn was jealous, but Charles had insisted that Dawn and Catherine leave the woman to his cabin alone with Fazul while she recovered from her experience. Dawn could not believe that anyone could have survived in the water last night. "Where did she come from?" Dawn asked the waves softly, rubbing her hands over her upper arms to fend off the morning chill in the air.

She wondered how Charles had managed to keep awake after leading the Raven through the storm. He was still working full force, righting the ship, and barking orders, inspecting rigging and sails. She could hear him on the far side of the ship. His voice was flowing on the winds. She could also hear Fazul arguing with him, encouraging him to lie down for his health. Charles was not impressed. His voice was growing agitated and louder, though a little hoarse from his shouts of orders over the howling winds of last night. She could almost imagine him, still shirtless and his long golden curls knotted as they had dried haphazardly as the rains had ceased, throwing his arm skyward in his annoyance, "I said NO! Fazul, this is my ship and I will not rest until she is right as rain! Is that UNDERSTOOD"?

Dawn covered her smiling lips as she giggled a bit towards the low hanging morning sun. She stared off into the distance enjoying the quiet for a while longer before she heard heavy footsteps approaching behind her. She slowly turned, and Fazul bowed his head towards her. She smiled at the gentle giant of the waves and leaned back on the rail on her elbows, her chilled and bumped breasts pushing out towards the man who seemed not to notice her at all. "Sultan's Girl," Fazul began softly as to not wake the shivering wet blanket covered Catherine at Dawn's feet. "I must beg a favor of you, if I may," Fazul said softly, his eyes seemed glistened with nervousness that shocked Dawn, what could this man possibly be frightened of?

Dawn smiled and responded gaily, "Of course, Fazul, anything," she said as she stepped forward and placed a tiny hand against his huge chest as if to reassure him. Fazul smiled warmly down into her eyes. He watched her for a long while in silence before he responded. "Sultan's Girl, you are too kind. Much more so than you should be," he added with a raised finger of warning that amused Dawn. "Sultan is refusing to rest. He has ordered all men to take their rest. He fought with the wheel all night, and though he will not admit to it, he is definitely worse for wear than the Raven." Fazul stopped and took both of Dawn's hands into his own and asked as the smile faded from his lips, "Sultan's Girl, I think that you are possibly the only one on this vessel that might be able to get him to get some sleep."

Dawn instantly cocked her head to one side and began to accept, "Fazul, I will..." However, the large man cut her off, "Sultan's Girl, you must know that he is angry at me for my failed attempt, this could tempt his anger I have no right to ask this of you, but the man must rest." Dawn's red eyebrows bunched hard upon her gray-green eyes, she did not like being interrupted like that, "Fazul, you are right that he must get some sleep." She said as she strode right past the large man and as she passed, she tossed some crimson curls over her shoulder and flashed an impatient look at her friend, "Fazul, I know what I am doing, I am not a child!" With that, Fazul watched her stomped across the deck towards Charles' barking voice. Fazul shook his bald painted head and stepped away.