Molly & Marilyn & Me Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,595 Followers

"Yeah ... I can see how that would hurt," I said.

"Talk about a shot to the ego. Anyway, I knew it was over. I put my condo up for sale and sold it for the first decent offer I got. I made a ridiculous amount of money in less than three years. And that's when I knew I wanted to come home. There was nowhere else to go, but there was nowhere else I wanted to be," she said thoughtfully.

"I'm glad you did. Very glad," I whispered, kissing her cheeks and forehead.

"Me too. But ... I wasn't so sure at the time. I thought maybe I burned all my bridges with my parents and you. I was scared, Tory. I thought maybe I could make it right with Mom and Dad, but I was sure I had lost you."

"Close. I wasn't sure I could believe you when you suddenly appeared in front of me yesterday," I admitted.

"I know. I could hear it in your voice. I was so scared."

"Well, it looks like we got over that hurdle, girl. Are you still scared?"

"No," she smiled, nuzzling even further into my neck. "Not any more. You made that all go away."

"Good. So, what do you say we phone your folks and make our visit with them and then we can come back her for some more ... punishment?"

We made that phone call and were immediately invited for dinner. There was no way we could decline.

Molly's mother was a great cook and she made us a wonderful beef stroganoff that we demolished, despite the fact there was enough for six people. At the risk of creating an awkward moment, I broached what I thought was an important question to Margaret.

"Can Marilyn cook as well as you?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Margaret smiled and looked at her daughter, who was now blushing vividly.

"She used to be able to. Perhaps I can get her back up to speed with a refresher course," she suggested with a wink.

"I think that's a very good idea. Part of her re-training program," I laughed.

"You guys are picking on me," Marilyn groaned.

"All part of your penance, my dear," her father chimed in.

It was that kind of evening. You could feel the tension lift and the familiarity of the past return. It was just another thing that told me we were going to be OK.

On Valentines Day, there was a special gift for Marilyn. I picked it out earlier in the week and it was to be ready Saturday morning. I made an excuse to get out of the house early that day. One dozen roses, a nice card and my special gift were all picked up and carefully stowed away for the next morning.

On Sunday, I made Marilyn breakfast in bed. I gave her the card and the roses, which were already in a vase. We shared the breakfast, just as I planned, and when we were finished, I put the tray on the floor, reached into the pocket of my dressing gown, and produced a small, velvet-covered box.

"Marilyn. I can't tell you how happy I am that we're back together. We've gone through a lot to get here, but now ... now it all seems worthwhile. I'm sure and I know now that you're sure. I love you Marilyn. I want to marry you. Will you ...?"

I choked up and couldn't finish that simple question. I opened the box and with a shaking hand, took the engagement ring out. There were tears in her eyes as she nodded, holding out her right hand. I slipped it on and it fit perfectly. Neither of us said a word. She leaped at me, wrapping her arms around me, her body wracked with sobs. For once, I wasn't worried. I knew what these tears were all about.

Molly and Grant came to our wedding, of course. My mother was there as well, having travelled from her home in Arizona. My father passed away when I was young, and I'm sorry he couldn't have been there to see the beautiful woman his son chose for his bride. Naturally, Jerry was my best man. I think he was convinced he was responsible for Marilyn and me getting back together. I never did quite work out his logic.

I introduced Mom to Margaret and Walter Lee and they got along very well. I had become very close to Marilyn's parents in the last few months. I was pleased that they were nearby, and even more pleased that they thought of me as their son.

We married in June, even though it wasn't the ideal time for my new business. Nonetheless, we snuck away for a two week honeymoon. We chose the Oregon coast and we looked forward to being pampered at the Inn at Otter Rock. My bride was used to being pampered in her previous life, but never with me along, and never with this much time for just ourselves.

There was a picture I wanted that was long overdue. Grant looked after it, using both his camera and mine. On my left arm was Marilyn, my bride. On my right arm was Molly, a very pregnant Molly I might add. I wanted to remember how all this started. We were in the Pickled Pumpkin of course. It was the only logical place to take this picture. It's where it all started.

Marilyn works with me now. She loved the name Maritor Designs and she's now taking classes at Michelson College. She's already a great help to me. Her woman's touch and a good eye for interior design are going to make us a very successful team. Even having kids won't interfere. It's all part of our master plan.

Things don't always turn out the way you expect them to. That's for sure.

The End

Again, my thanks to ErikThread for his editing skills, suggestions, and encouragement.

Any errors or omissions are mine alone.

coaster2
coaster2
2,595 Followers