Mommy Was a Whore Ch. 05

Story Info
Gina's meeting with the prospective in-laws has its moments.
5.1k words
4.58
19.4k
4

Part 5 of the 11 part series

Updated 09/21/2022
Created 06/24/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jacqui McGeorge, already upset that her son was late for dinner, said disapprovingly, "Mrs Wright told me she's twice seen you with that flamboyant woman who is always showing off her body as if she were proud of it."

"Oh Gina? Gina is no more flamboyant than your pastor's wife."

"Well, you know what we think of Mrs Lancer."

Nathan's father growled, "That's enough lip. Treat you mother with respect."

"Or else?"

"I'll give you a damn good cuff."

"This is too much. You two will give me indigestion. I'm off."

"Sit back down and eat the meal your mother has slaved over the stove cooking for you. Good god man, show respect."

"If mom is slaving over the stove why not give her money so we can eat out?"

The McGeorge's eat at home like proper Christians."

Nathan shook his head and sighed. "Gina is going to be much too much for your guys. Although less full on, Sam had your almost out of your trees every time you were with her."

Jacqui, dressed in a 10-year-old unfashionable suit said, "Yes Samantha, poor Samantha. Why did you throw her out?"

"Because I kept tripping up over her lovers and she wouldn't change the sheets after sleeping with them."

"That is absolutely disgusting son. Never have I..."

"Turn it off dad. She's history. I've divorcing her."

Nathan's parents chewed heads down in silence.

Finally he gave them a future thought. "You better get used to the idea I'm going to marry Miss Flamboyant."

"What! Why?"

"I suppose because she has great tits mother."

His mother ran from the room crying and his father appeared to be oblivious to what had been said. He was shaking his head saying, 'Never has there been a divorce in the McGeorge family' and repeated it.

"Give up dad. There has to be change within families or else we wouldn't have family history. It's probable Gina will be the most flamboyant women to hitch up to the McGeorge family ever."

"I'm gravely disappointed in you son. Gravely disappointed. Go to your mother and apologize."

Nathan hugged his mother. "Sorry I said tits mom."

"It's not really that son. It upset me that you could demean a woman in that way."

Nathan decided not to fight it and say spicy Gina loved her breasts. Instead he said, "Sorry mom."

She sniffed, patted his hand and thanked him. Nathan escorted her back to the table.

After apple pie had been consumed Nathan said, "I'd like you guys to come to Little Italy Restaurant as my guest tomorrow night and meet Gina."

Archie snorted, "We don't go to restaurants."

"Thank you dear, please make it 6:30. We don't like being out late. I feel we should meet this woman and get it over with."

"You'll like her and in time you'll love her mom."

"I like the thought of that but..."

"After all these years you don't know you mother, do you boy?"

"Whatever you say dad. Apple pie supreme again mom. Thanks."

* * *

The city was still stirring when Gina made her 8:00 am appointment at the hairdresser's.

Pulling the dark brown hair out in her hands, salon owner Bette Orange said, "I'm sorry Miss Lott but I must say no to creating you as a full out blonde."

"Well thank you for the recommendation but please proceed."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you'll be an obvious phony blonde. Now listen to me young lady. Your skin is olive, your eyes are almost black, your eyebrows are brown and your hair is multiple shades of dark to mid brown. If I were a corsetiere would you allow me to pack you into a 34 bra even D-size?"

Gina's eyes met the stern blue eyes in the mirror and she cracked a smile. "You'd have breast everywhere if you tried that mission impossible."

"Well, there you go. I cannot accept mission impossible and color you full blonde. I'm prepared to lighten your darker browns and give you blonde highlighting. So my way or you're on your way out of here."

"Then your way I suppose. I've been a full blonde before and I guess it was unsuccessful. Sorry to have been stubborn with you Mrs Orange. Please do it your way and I'll sit and chat like the nice woman I really am. Please call me Gina. Can you take me as a regular?"

"Only if you come early like this Gina. I'm Bette and I'm never grumpy. It's good to have someone who connects back to the Youngerman's."

"How did you know that?"

"I was in that founder's society meeting when you gave that inspiring speech."

"Inspiring? Thank you. Where do you stand on the memorial?"

"With you. If you and your friends can sort out the confusion over Mr Palin you'll win through. We have a founders' society but we don't have a founder's day because no one is credited with being the founder of the city. I believe many people are not comfortable with that."

"Bette, that's a huge point that I must remember. Thank you."

As Bette worked she listened fascinated as she was told everything Gina knew about Sergeant Palin.

"How is it that you know more than about Mr Palin than citizens who've lived all their lives here?

"A lot of information exists about Sergeant Palin, more than we'll find. It's just that no one else has bothered to collate any of it. The times being what they were in 1871 I don't think we'll prove one way or the other the 'Indians are coming' controversy. To me it doesn't matter. He is the man whom I believe was the founder of this city."

Gina dressed in the French underwear Nathan had given her and black stockings. She pulled on a black wool jersey dress, knowing black made people look slimmer and then finished off with a red brocade jacket and red matching sunglasses and went down to the guest lounge. She believed she would be named on the commission because it would take a brave council to go against the mayor who had the backing of Judge Lucy McLennan.

Fleur came in for coffee and stared in astonishment. "Are you going to a wedding?"

"No but I wanted to look great because this afternoon I will attain the status I need to push ahead with the memorial project. Poor Nicci, she will be devastated to learn in the morning's newspaper that mother's club or whatever she is president of is rather out of sight on the VIP scale."

"Who's Nicci and what's a VIP scale? I do love your new look hair styling."

As they had coffee Gina ignored Fleur's question about Nicci and filled her in about being asked to serve on the commission, her meeting with Judge McLennan, her afternoon with Mrs Ross and Gina learning about the Pilcher St stables after finding where Sergeant Palin was living just prior to his death.

"This is amazing, wonderfully amazing," Fleur said bouncing up and down on the sofa. "Oh you are such a genius. You..."

"No, please Fleur. Okay, I might be the driving force but much of the information is coming to me through the work of other people. Please do not consider me as anything but one of the gang wanting to plug a gap in our town's history."

Gina's phone went. She became highly excited and called the caller 'you darling' and thanked him or her with kisses and requested with considerable emphasis the information be kept confidential.

Fleur said as Gina snapped her phone shut, "Congratulations darling but you were a little over the top in receiving news of your appointment."

"No, no Fleur. This is much more exciting news. An old guy who had been searching the archives at the state museum for me has found a copy of Sergeant Palin's discharge."

"Well I admit that is interesting but scarcely earth-shattering."

"Fleur, listen to this. It is an honorable discharge, dated of course and there is a note that Sergeant Palin injured his hip when thrown from his horse but nevertheless staggered on for three miles to warn transient settlers of a possible Indian attack but the threat was aborted due to the Indians fleeing when sighting troopers."

"Ohmigod. That's all you need. It makes Sergeant Palin a hero."

"No so fast lady. We still have to find just how Sergeant Palin came to be at the center of the founding of our city."

"Damn, yes of course. God you have a wonderful mind under stress darling. I go to pieces."

"Yes, well if you spent ten years dealing with emotional Italians who go over the top at the slightest pretext, you'd discipline yourself mentally as I had to do."

Gina took another call.

"Oh thank you, you are so kind. Yes I'm available to leave right away. Thank you. I'm at the Blacksmith's Retreat."

Gina told Fleur: "I am a commissioner and the mayoral limo is on the way."

"You are so calm about it. Congratulations darling. You will be the prettiest commissioner ever. They mostly look like old bags like Judge Lucy McLennan."

"She's actually quite nice, if you ignore her tough exterior. I was thinking, why wasn't this called The Stables and then it hit me. Although horses were stabled here and rented out, the day of the horse was beginning to decline so my grandfather build up his blacksmithy to survive in business."

"I guess you are right. The year of construction of this building will be recorded and an article in the Post may have been published at the time of its opening. Newspaper did that sort of thing, tracking a town-city's history."

"Yes. Have you received your appraisal report yet?"

"No, your guy came yesterday and I expected our report in the mail this morning. Perhaps it will come tomorrow."

"I asked for urgency with mine."

"So the appraiser said. We may be in business discussion on Friday."

"Could be. Fingers crossed we can make quick progress."

Gina was surprised that the event was considered important enough to have a TV camera crew at the official announcement of the commission.

Mayor Johnson delivered a short speech that the city was long overdue for a comprehensive review and he was impressed at the caliber of the members of the commission. He introduced Judge McLennan, architect Stanley Charles, town planning consultant Bruce Dowling, retired commercial developer Mario Parducci (and surprising Gina who thought she'd be without a tag), historian Gina Lott who had experience of some European communities redesigning their cities to cope with new century living.

The press were invited to ask Judge McLennan questions and it went smoothly with Lucy emphasizing the city possessed reasonable infrastructure and good arterial links to sustain growth at the present rate for many years to come, with some important adjustments and additions. For example, timing of provision of a third river crossing should be researched. Then she struck back at a radio journalist who asked, "Do you foresee problems from lobbyists such as the bunch of crooks behind some of the commercial developments in this city?"

"Young woman, I ask you to withdraw that statement and apologize unreservedly. No matter what your personal views are no business person in this city may be labeled a crook unless there is evidence to back up such allegations."

"I-I sorry for over-stepping the mark Judge McLennan. My question related to hearsay and I apologize unreservedly and state I had no wish to cast unfair aspersions."

"Thank you Jennifer. Now do you have a more acceptable question?"

"Yes ma'am. Why is Miss Lott on your commission? You must have approved her application. She is no more a historian than I am and she is an outsider."

"Another abrasive question Jennifer but I shall accept it. In fact I'll invite Miss Lott to answer you."

Gina stepped up to stand beside her chairman. "It astonished me to be asked to stand for nomination. I lived much of my early life 200 miles from here but visited almost every summer to stay with family and attended school here at times. I completed my final year of my high school here and Mayor Johnson was one of my classmates and a friend. I own a property here – the Blacksmith's Retreat – and it's true I do have a fascination for the history of this city. It is my desire to help plan an even better city and at my age I feel I represent the new generation of younger people coming through who now own property to become, like me, contributors to city taxes. Thank you."

When Gina stepped back Judge McLennan said, "Please note that Miss Lott has a direct line in maternal lineage through to one of our first settler families, the Youngerman's. Her mother was the last of the Youngerman's left in this city when she married and became Mrs Lott."

And that was that. Afternoon tea was served. A woman who introduced herself to Gina as Amy Marks, a television producer Amy, said her mother had told her about Gina's impromptu address to the founder's society and it was one of the best addresses her mother had heard in forty years of being a society member.

"I'd like you to consider working in association with a team I propose setting up, providing I can get funding, to make a mini documentary on Sergeant Palin."

Gina felt her mouth fall open.

"I know I'm intruding into what you are doing..."

"No, it's not that, definitely not that. I'm just dumbfounded. A doco could bring people out of the woodwork who have snippets relative to Sergeant Palin."

"Yes, probably. That often happens. I learned about Sergeant Palin at school although there wasn't much known about him. I thought it was so unfair to call him a loser without possessing the facts and I remember asking, "How was it settlers thought enough of him to call their new town Palin and our teacher said it was a joke as it was called Palin's Folly. I still think it's unfair to be so dismissive and every other community I know acknowledges its founder."

"Right Amy, I'll cooperate on two conditions: That you involve the Palin Post in making this doco and you'll use it's editor as the presenter."

"Robyn Hudson? Yes, I know her and she should measure up fine but our usual presenters will be upset. The studio won't like it."

"Well tell them this: Use Robyn and I'll convince the Post to make a major contribution to funding and I'll urge the Founders' Society to join us to apply for a state grant for a program of significant historical interest. Imagine the interest: 'A Town In Search of its Founder,' or something like that?"

"Yes, Amy breathed heavily. "I do believe I have a novel program in gestation."

Hearing the news of the commission appointments on radio, Nathan called Gina and congratulated her hugely. Later he took her to dinner to meet his folk.

"I think you should give mom some flowers; I'll buy them."

"No, you indicated your parents were somewhat upset you were seeing me. My best tactic is to dress normally like this and not give an inch."

"You look very sexy. I thought you would have dressed down, you know, conservatively?"

"What, give them an immediately victory. I'm changing nothing just to appease them. This is me and if they don't like it tough."

"Gina I really think..."

"How was your money-gouging day darling?"

They drove on in silence until he mumbled, "It's tough getting used to you."

"Get used to it darling. If I fail to make a good impression on your mother I'll probably walk out, complaining of a pussy ache."

"Gina!"

"I mean a headache."

"What about my dad?"

"What about him?"

"I have two parents."

"Only one of whom matters to me darling. Ever girl with brains knows fathers change with the wind but mothers dig in forever."

"I never new that."

"You're not a girl darling."

The restaurant was practically empty, it being only 6:30.

After the greetings, Jacqui said, "I saw you on TV this evening. You spoke very well. Thank goodness you didn't have as much bust showing as you're showing now."

"Thank you Mrs McGeorge."

Archie cleared his throat. "Well I agreed with the questioner; you have no right to serve on that outfit as you are an outsider and know nothing about Palin."

"Oh yeah Mr Palin. What can you tell me about Sergeant Tom Palin?"

"Was his name Tom? He was credited with founding this city as Palin's Folly. He was a joke. That's all I know."

"Why would a man name a settlement after himself as Palin's Folly?"

"I haven't a clue."

"Doesn't it suggest other men named the settlement after him, even in jest, not expecting the settlement to survive?"

"They might have."

"Well let me inform you Mr McGeorge that Thomas Palin joined the army aged eighteen and being a horseman and became a trooper. In 1871 as Sergeant Palin, then aged thirty-eight and perhaps scouting, rode to warn transient settlers camped here on the banks of our river of a pending Indian attack. He rode his horse into the ground and it died on the run after five miles and he fell, injuring his hip. He then ran as best to could three miles to warn the camp. The Indians never arrived, hence the jest, Palin's Folly. But we have located an army record of Sergeant's Palin's honorable discharge because of hip injury and it suggests the rebel Indians were driven away by troopers. Sergeant Palin had no home to go to, so it appears he came here and helped set up this town. He died here in 1909 and his home was then at stables in Pilcher Street."

"What the old stables?" Mr McGeorge said in surprise. "We used to play cowboys and Indians around that ruin and kids were later banned from playing there after a big storm caved in the roof. I'm astonished you know so much about Palin."

Mrs McGeorge said that was all very well but what was the use of compiling such information?

"I shall be pushing to have a suitable monument erected in the memory of Sergeant Palin if and when we establish as close as possible that he was the founder of Palin."

"You? But you have no status."

"True Mrs McGeorge but I intend motivating people like yourself to support the call for a Sergeant Palin monument."

"What on earth would I want with a monument?"

"Do you ever have coffee upstairs on the corner of the avenue and River Road?"

"Yes, sometimes twice a week. We regulars gather there."

"And on the deck looking out what do you see?"

"Smelly traffic and the town bridge in the distance."

"Well I'm having erected a Sergeant Palin memorial in the heart of that intersection as was planned in 1929."

"Planned in 1929, are you sure?"

"A big newspaper article of April 1929 is my evidence. The plans for it are probably in council archives. It will require modernizing. It incorporated water effects and flower plantings."

"Flowers?"

"Yes Mrs McGeorge. That will be a real feature don't you think? The monument will slow traffic; the traffic lights will be removed and the street widening will be completed as originally planned. I imagine the deck of the coffee house is high enough to be cantilevered out to practically remain in its present position and be clear of high vehicles."

"Good gracious. All that sounds impressive. I must tell my friend Mrs West."

"Dot and Harry already know. I have been talking to them at length and Harry returns today from the state capital. It was Harry who this morning found the copy of Sergeant Palin's discharge to establish proof that such a man existed and did make a brave dash to warn the settlers."

"Oh my, how exiting all this is. Gina if Dorothy allows you to call her Dot, you must call me Jacqui and call Archie Archie."

"Thank you Jacqui. Is it okay that I call you Archie Mr McGeorge?"

"Call me anything you like," he laughed. "I must say girl, it appears you get off your butt and get things done, not like many of the younger women today."

"Oh I'm sure many younger women learned to work hard from their mothers Archie. May I recommend the loin of lamb? Actually just let me check as they sometimes prepare it differently."

"Bring me Cesare," she called to a waiter. He bowed and a minute later the chef came out. He nodded to Jacqui and Archie, gave Nathan a friendly punch on the shoulder and Gina held up her hand; he kissed her hand, murmuring sweet nothings. Cesare and Gina had an intense exchange and he left, smiling at every one around their table.

12