Moonlit Visitor Ch. 06

Story Info
Sam.
7.1k words
4.62
12.4k
13

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/02/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey everyone this Chapter is mainly about Sam. Due to the fact even though he is not the main character but he is a very important one to this story. So I hope you all enjoy. Also about Alice having a backbone. Gotta give me a bit of time with that.
<3 RoseDarkfire

Sam moved in front of the bed placing himself in a guarding position. He glanced over to see that Alice was still fast asleep as he had hoped. Originally the idea was to come over to apologize to Sabrina for the huge argument they had at the bar. But when he had arrived Sabrina was heading upstairs, for an early bed time he had guessed. So he had followed her up the stairs wanting to surprise her. When she went into Alice's room this made him question his lovely playmate's actions. He caught sight of the words on the notebook over her shoulder. Being a fast reader he knew what she was doing and made quick movement. Taking hold of her by the sides and tossing her back to the door.

Her eyes were locked at him at this point almost surprised. "Sam what are you doing here?" She snapped in a sudden reaction. She attempted to hide the small notebook behind her back. "I thought I said we were through and I never wanted to see you again." Her voice hinted her anger, but was it because he was there or she got caught toying with her friend.

Sam made a step towards her still guarding the sleepy Alice behind him. "What the fuck are you doing Sabrina?" He snapped his voice forming a harsh whisper. Sam usually was a docile person very loving and caring but when it came down to it Sam was an asshole when needed. "About to fuck with your friend's memory all because I won't further our relationship?" It occurred to him then what Dante would do to her if he ever found out. Sam sighed momentarily looking back at Alice who had shifted to face towards the window. The moonlight poured on her face making him realize what Dante had seen. This was the one woman in the very need of Dante's curse that had befriended him. Even if it had been for one or two nights back in the forest, but those one or two nights are what made it count. She reminded Sam of his mate who had passed away two years earlier. This made a sudden feeling of guilt dwell on Sam, he recalled that very night.
Sam's Memory
He had been out with the pack hunting for Dante at the time. Sam couldn't shake the feeling that something bad had happened to him. Dante may have been Sam's beta but he was determined to protect him at all costs. He knew very little about the women Dante had associated himself with therefore asking them anything would be out of the question. They were either cheap women you could pick up from an alley corner or the women who only wanted a sugar daddy. Sam begged for Dante to get away from them but his beta proceeded to tell him: "What harm is there in a little fun? Not like I have found my mate like you eh Sammy Boy."

They combed through the forest Sam's nerves worked up in a tiff over this. He was not in a good place to be hunting. He swore if one of those women had done something to his beta he would knock their head clean off. A demanding but gleeful growl came from his throat while he lowered his snout to the ground sniffing out. Dante loved the forest areas so it was only reasonable they'd look here. He was so fond of the forest he bought a rather large piece of land out here. He would ask his women to put on a white dress, a red cloak, and have them carry around a basket through the woods. Dante had a twisted fascination about little red riding hood, minus the whole little part. Why did Sam know all this? Dante would come to Sam's office the next morning half asleep still and bragging about how amazing the girl had played the part.

This made Sam think to check Dante's home now, he might have been there in need. This had also been the first time Sam had seen Alice. He had mistaken Alice's home as Dante's and went in without even a second thought. He came through the door shifted into his human form but was quiet about it just in case there had been a stranger in the home. Sam soon turned a flush color looking at the neatly placed furniture that decorated the living room. A cup sitting on an end table hinted that the owner had gone upstairs already. He approached picking up the cup and taking a sniff of it, honey vanilla chamomile. 'Oh that's like heaven.' Sam thought to himself before looking around placing the cup back where it belonged.

Luckily for him the owner was been upstairs at the time and from the scent it was a woman; her home was sweet to the nose filled with jasmine. But Sam had no time to lavish his senses in this aroma. That and he didn't want to explain to her why a naked man was standing in her living room. He huffed his way out the door already plotting the devious things he would do to his mate because of this jasmine scented home. He closed the door just as quiet as he had entered catching a glimpse of the woman from the corner of his eye. A smile came to spread widely across his face, how he wanted to see more but he had other things to tend to. Giving a faint bow to the woman whom didn't even know he was there he darted back off into the forest. He shifted back into the rather large black wolf with gorgeous brown eyes.

His snout pressed back to the ground trying to drown out Dante's scent. The woman was a distraction one that Sam hadn't needed but could praise Mother Luna for. She helped ease some of the tension and the thought that Dante would be safe came into his mind. He chuckled as he thought he might have to thank the young woman formally. No not sexually but actually introducing himself to her, the home was rather large for one person to live there. Tossing the thoughts of the woman to the side the search for his beta continued. One of the members of the pack approached him, they both shifted to human form.

"Anything?" Sam spoke out at the man, demanding the man to speak growing impatient. He needed to know that his beta was safe.

"His cabin is empty sir. I mean all of the furniture is there but there was no one there. Perhaps Dante went on a vacation and didn't tell anyone?" The man stated leaning up against a tree to catch his breath.

Dante's place was empty which meant that he hadn't been there, or he hadn't yet. He was probably already starting to play his little game of red riding hood with one of his play things. This made Sam stop at that thought. If Dante was playing then the woman would be terrified if she had seen wolves running around the area. Sam turned towards the man who stood up straight.

"Quickly reform everyone and get them back. I have a feeling if Dante isn't there he will be sooner or later. And if you recall he usually has his choice of a girl to play with. And we really don't need her jumping out of her skin because we are seeking a member." With that he sent the man away with a sudden fear that his pack would get discovered.

Had he known he would have kept looking that night but fear of his pack came first. He was supposed to protect them at all costs. If Dante came in the next morning Sam would be giving him all kinds of hell for this night. Within a half hour the pack had returned to the edge of the forest. They all had grabbed their clothes pulling them over their sweaty bodies. The run was very enjoyable but could have been done without all this worry of Dante. Sam was looking forward to going home finally with a delightful idea in store for his mate.

Before he headed home he stopped at the grocery store. Yes he was a mighty Alpha who ran personal errands for his mate. He whistled a tune to himself walking down the white tiled grocery store pushing the metal grocery cart. Picking things from the shelves occasionally and dropping them into the basket. Considering his missing beta he was in a rather cheerful mood. He made around the corner and caught a couple of female's glances. Sam wasn't the type to play around though like Dante. He may give off the flirtatious grin but he would never really make an approach. He was too faithful to his mate to do such a thing.

The girls giggled loudly when Sam nodded his head to them, leaning forward on the handle of the cart. His steps were slow down the next isle, birthday for her, his eyes read over the small colored print. It was his mate's birthday and he planned already a special evening for them. Now yes she did find it tacky that he bought her a card every year but he loved the way her eyes looked like they were about to water with happiness. The way her lips curved into a smile that could break her face. Sam sighed in midst of his own thoughts, yes tonight was going to be perfect. He bent over examining all the cards trying to find the right one. He finally found one that read: "To the Other part of My Soul" on the cover. Flipping it open his eyes skimmed over the fine golden lettering on the inside. He was satisfied with the card, taking the envelope behind it placing it at the top of the cart. With a quick inventory of the cart to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything he moved towards the front of the store. He wanted to get home before his mate would wake up from her dreamy sleep.

The checkout counter didn't take too long being it was only three in the morning. But the lady there gave Sam a shake of the head. She had been his good friend for years now and he knew very well what that shake meant. It meant: You should be at home sleeping rather than out at the grocery store this late at night. He gave a reassuring nod as she rang him up. He paid her exact change this way he didn't waste any more time. His items were bagged in large brown paper bags that he carried out to his cherry red Dodge Prowler. Placing the bags in the passenger seat he made sure they were safe; making a run around the other side to hop into the driver side. He arched his back fumbling to take hold of his keys from his back pocket, a most uncomfortable place to put them when you intend to sit down. Soon he was pulling out of the parking lot and was on his way home.

It was three thirty by the time he reached his small home in the suburbs. Sam loved it out in the suburbs not too many disturbances, and never had to fear a rogue trespassing here. Most of the pack members lived on the street except Dante. The thought of Dante made Sam stop momentarily, silently hoping he was alright. He pulled into his driveway managing to not stir any of his neighbors luckily. He hopped out of his car and took hold of the groceries. But when he walked up to the front porch he halted in fear of something. The door was cracked open; this puzzled Sam because he knew Margaret, his mate, would not leave the door unlocked. And he always made sure it was locked before going out on a hunt or a run. Making it over to the swing that sat on his porch he put his groceries down, this way he was free to shift if needed without ruining anything he just bought.

His mouth was extremely dry from the fear he felt this very moment. Pressing his hand against the wooden door he pushed it open. A gust of air flew at him as he breathed in his homes fragrance. His heart now dropped to his stomach the scent of blood was tinting the air. And this was no minimal amount there was lots of it. He didn't waste any time he moved into the house quickly ready to tear off his clothing. A deep guttural growl escaped his throat and he slammed the door behind him.

"Margaret." He called out for his mate to respond. He wanted her to respond for his sake this was not what he was supposed to come home to. Tonight was supposed to be perfect by all means. She didn't answer his call. Now he worried, moving to the kitchen the fridge was swung wide open. Bottles of his favored alcoholic beverage were crushed upon the floor. One of his cabinet doors had been ripped clean off its hinges and was lying on the counter top. A struggle had occurred in this room but there was no scent of blood in here. He moved to the hallway, there were several pictures smashed along the walls. Some were of older couples a few of the entire pack and then the one at the end of him and Margaret on their wedding day. The wedding picture was closest to the bedroom. The closer he got the more his heart raced, the scent of blood was thick around this area now. Placing his hand on the knob of the room he turned it slowly. He pushed the door open and the sight he saw horrified him. On the bed was what used to be his beloved mate. Her arms had been tied to the head board with what looked like hand cuffs. Her blonde hair spread wildly over the pillow, with bruises all over her face. His eyes continued downwards to find lacerations on her breasts and abdomen. The fatal blow that had rendered her lifeless was the large laceration on her neck just under her chin.

Sam felt a hard pain hit him, his knees buckled and he fell to the ground. The sight was almost unreal to him, tears came over him. A hand on his shoulder startled him, turning his head he saw Dante standing behind him wide eyed. Though he saw it was Dante in hybrid form but this hadn't even rendered to him.

"I was only gone for a couple of hours." Sam sobbed looking back at the bed. He was on the verge of a breakdown and he hadn't known it. Surprisingly he really wasn't freaking out too much, but he was unable to move. His eyes were glued on his beloved wife who lay covered in her own blood. Dante's clawed hand pressing into his shoulders.

"Sam you have to call the cops. I know this is not something that you wanted to see. Maybe Frank can help you out but we need to get her body out of here." Dante spoke to him in a low voice.

Something inside Sam suddenly snapped, he turned and grabbed Dante swinging him onto the floor. A deep growl emitted from his throat. His palm pressing into Dante's throat holding him there. Even in hybrid form Dante submitted and bared his neck to Sam. "I will do what I feel like doing." Sam snarled at Dante. "What the fuck are you doing here anyways?"

He could feel Dante chocking for breath as his face turned to look at him. "I was coming to see you." His voice hoarse but very clear for Sam, he sought deception but found none in Dante's eyes. He let up his hand from Dante's throat.

"You better shift back before I call the cops. I don't need to explain why there is a half wolf half man looking thing in my house." He spoke looking back at his beloved Margaret. His heart sinking to the pit of his stomach as he thought he should of never left the house.

He could hear Dante getting up from the ground. "Um Sam I can't shift back." He heard Dante speak. He turned to face Dante his face questioning the reason as to why. "Sam I fucked up royally. I didn't expect to come here and find this but I'm in trouble. Turns out that a girl I had a sort of long term relationship with wanted more. She confessed that she knew I was a Were and knew of the mating rituals." Dante's hand moved behind one of his ears, as if seeking the words to say. "She demanded I mate her and let me be hers. But I didn't feel the way she wanted me to. I know my mate is out there and I didn't want to fuck up by being with someone who I knew for sure wasn't the one for me."

Sam thought he heard his heart stop momentarily. Dante knowing he had a mate, the wolf whom defied his orders and slept with numerous women. Finally admitting that he would one day be one on one with a woman. Dante must have noticed the shocked look on Sam's face. "Yeah as farfetched as it may seem it is true. But back to the original subject I had no fucking clue I was dating a witch. And Sam if I ever date another witch if this ever gets fixed please smack me. But apparently she transformed me into my hybrid form and cursed me to stay like this."

"For how long?" Sam's voice sounded angered suddenly but at the same time he was concerned. "Dante I can't have you get your life fucked up. Even if there is a woman out there who is meant for you. You can't just approach her in your hybrid form. She might fucking freak the hell out. I mean remember how Margaret reacted." Sam shivered recalling the bullet he had to dig out of his shoulder when he tried to play with her. The woman had one hell of a shot but then again he hadn't really informed her he was coming home from a business trip or that he was a Were. He watched Dante's shoulders rise and fall looking down at the ground. "Where are you going to go?" Sam asked.

"The forest where I live will suit me just fine. Enough places to hide there and such. I just won't stay at my home. Too much of a risk of old girlfriends showing up wanting to have a good time. I could imagine their faces even as much as I would think it funny: Big Bad Wolf is literally here to play with Little Red." Sam could hear the chuckle in Dante's voice but then saw Dante hang his head. Dante knew he had fucked up badly in this case and was paying for it.

"I will have your home looked after for. If this thing ever has an end you will have your home Dante. And I will make trips out to see you as well." He walked over to pick up the phone from the nightstand dialing 9-1-1. "Get out of here. I have some things I have to take care of. Things I don't want to take care of but have to."

Dante nodded his head and left without another word. Sam not only had lost the love of his life but now his brother to a curse. Not many knew that Sam and Dante were related. Mostly cause they were adopted together. By chance they both had wolf blood in their genes, this seemed to be weird. He looked over at the love of his life lying on the bed. Half knowing that her death was of great pain, he wanted to make sure the person who did this would suffer. The operator picked up and he filed the complaint. A while later police and paramedics were there they drug out Margaret's body in a bag and on a stretcher.

Another hand was placed on his shoulder; he knew it wasn't Dante this time. He turned to face an officer and a pack member of another pack. 'No not pack member, alpha.' He rethought as he gave brief acknowledgement. The man stood a head taller than Sam, with dark red hair and the most vibrant green eyes that a man could ever have. This man's name was Carl Rosenberg, he had taken a position as sheriff of the town not only to help keep things in order but to make sure things between packs went smooth. In this small town there were a good two to three packs which is normally unheard of.

"How are you hanging in there Sam?" Carl asked placing a bit of pressure on Sam's shoulder to try and comfort him. "It's not easy to come home and find your mate murdered in the bed you share. But I give you my word I will find whomever it is responsible for this. I just hope we do soon before there are more murders like this one."

Sam looked up at Carl. "More? What do you mean more?"

"There were three other killings before this a male and two women. All three were mated, but Margaret was the first Alpha Bitch to get murdered. The others were Omega's of the Gibson Pack." Carl sighed taking a step back towards the house. Sam saw the concerned look on Carl's face and was about to say more when he noticed where they were going. Once they were in the house they walked back to the bedroom where he had found Margaret's body. When they walked in Sam almost stopped wondering why he hadn't seen it before. In the center of their redwood head board there was a carving in it. It was carved deep with what he might have thought a knife. The symbol was that of a pentagram, it wasn't upside down but Sam knew it was the symbol for witchcraft.

"This night just keeps getting better. First my brother is forced into his hybrid and is now stuck because of it. And now I find my mate is murdered in the name of witchcraft. Both things are linked as well as the other three murders. However I will not risk the rest of my pack." He turned to Carl. "I am going to be spending more time with my brother due to his condition but I am hoping you will accept my pack to join with yours. They are going to need an Alpha that isn't out of sorts right now with the loss of my mate I am not considering myself best choice for leader of the pack. But this is only temporary Carl. I will want my pack back in due time. Let's just call it a vacation for an alpha."

12