More Than Human

Story Info
Half-breed hero fights monsters to save mankind.
1.1k words
3.55
13.6k
3
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,123 Followers

Sometimes, I honestly truly hate being human. Seriously. Humans are the most bigoted creatures in the universe, and if I sound like someone who would know, it's because I do. I have mixed parentage, meaning that I am half mortal and half other. The Others are here, and they've always lived amongst you. Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, and all kinds of Supernatural entities. My father was a Golem, and my mother was human. I grew up different, to say the least. Not that I looked it, thank Heaven for small favors.

Anyone looking at me would see a six-foot-one, lean and fit, light-skinned young man with curly black hair and pale green eyes. Ethnically, I'm half Black and half white, just thought we'd get that out of the way. Caleb Dalton is the name, but my friends call me C.D. I'm a business administration student at the University of Toronto, and for the most part life is okay. At least that's what I tell myself. Lately, I've been running into quite a few unpleasant critters and I've been forced to deal with them. Doing that and leading a normal life, definitely not the easiest thing in the world. Sadly, I've got no choice.

The Others are all around us every day. You see them and you don't know it. You don't realize that the friendly old guy working in your favorite restaurant is actually a werewolf, or that this hunky night club bouncer at your favorite club is a Vampire. These things are all around you, you simply don't realize it. I am one of them, sort of. I have always known that I am different. You see, I can see the supernatural creatures that are out there. I have always stayed away from them. Until the day they killed Frank Castillo. The City of Toronto, Ontario, is my birthplace. I was raised by my aunt Joanne Dalton, my mother's younger sister, and her husband Mitchell Dwyer. They're nice people, but they've never understood me.

Whoever my father was, he was a Golem from Africa whom my mother, Carlene Dalton met while studying at the University of Toronto. He seduced her, and left her pregnant. She gave birth to me, and I am sad to say that my birth pangs were her death throes. I have always felt like I was a burden to my aunt and her husband, and I never felt like I belonged anywhere. I wish I could say that I had cool abilities like superhuman strength and speed, or that I could fly or cast spells or something. Sadly, I can't do any of that. Still, I can spot any unnatural creature. Doesn't matter if they're walking around in human form, or if they've got some kind of stealth mode or invisibility thing going on. They can't hide from me because I'm one of them. A Half-Breed. Welcome to my life.

I tried to lead a decent life, I really did. I was going out with this chick named Samantha Winters, a gorgeous Jamaican chick I met at U of T. You should have seen her, man. Tall and busty, with wide hips and a big round ass. I approached her, and she seemed to like me, for after chatting for half an hour, she gave me her number. I called her the next day, inviting her to grab coffee at the campus Tim Horton's. She showed up, wearing a red tank top and tight black jeans. I was smitten, and ended up asking her out not long after. We began dating, and for a while, we were inseparable.

Yeah, things were really great. Until I decided to tell her about the other side of me. No, not the supernatural stuff. I'd never tell anyone about that. They'd never believe me. No, what I shared with Samantha was deeper and far more personal than that. I told her that I am bisexual, because, well, I am. For as long as I remember, I've always felt attracted to both sexes, though I definitely preferred women. I was starting to fall for Samantha and I wanted her to know the real me. I thought she'd understand. Well, she didn't. When I shared that with her, she smacked me, called me a fruitcake and stormed out of our favorite restaurant. How do you like them apples?

I guess honesty isn't always the best policy. I got dumped by my girlfriend on my birthday, how about that? I decided to focus on school and put all thoughts of Samantha aside. I found myself thinking about my life way too much, and that's when I began spinning out of control. I began drinking, and getting into fights, and my grades at the University of Toronto basically plummeted. If it weren't for my old friend Castillo, I think I might have lost it. Who is Castillo, you may ask? He's this nice old man who's been my friend and neighbor for as long as I can remember.

I used to go to his house to hide from my uncle and aunt. They could be real douche bags sometimes. As usual, Castillo was there for me. Well, one day, I went to visit him and saw him get attacked by one of the Others. A bloodthirsty Vampire. I rushed to defend him, but I was too late. The Vampire and I fought, and somehow, I managed to fight him off. I went to Castillo, who lay on the floor, bleeding to death. The Vampire had murdered him. I was saddened, but I knew what I had to do. I took Castillo's body and burned him to ashes to prevent him from coming back as a Vampire. Then I swore to avenge his death.

That's how it all began, my crusade against the Others. I set out to track down and kill Castillo's killer, a Vampire named Rashid, who was born in what is called Afghanistan around 1200 A.D. and became a Vampire in 1240 A.D. I tracked down the son of a bitch and killed him. Along the way I met Castillo's long-lost stepdaughter Marisol, she helped me kill Rashid. We've been fighting the Others ever since. We've both lost someone dear to us. That's what the Others do. They have an almost pathological hatred of humanity, and see themselves as the rightful rulers of the world since their various breeds are older than humans. Hidden behind various agents in the worlds of politics, business, technology, religion and education, they're out there. They secretly rule the world. Well, somehow, we've got to take the world back from them. This is my fight. It's my war, and my choice.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,123 Followers