More Than Just a Fairy Tale Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jaisen
Jaisen
691 Followers

"Uhhhhuh. Sleehhhp," said Luc. In a moment he was shifted and curled up around Meg. "Soft One smell goood," the wolf thought as he drifted off.

Meg curled as close to the wolf as she could and went to sleep.

*

Ginny arrived at 10am. She looked like she was ready for a battle instead of a shopping trip.

"Are you ready?" Ginny asked.

"Just a moment. I want to get the list I wrote up," said Meg. She grabbed her list, jacket and handbag. "Let's go," she said and headed out the door. They took Meg's Neon. If Ginny got pissed off, she didn't want to be stranded.

"Let me see this list," said Ginny as Meg pulled out of the driveway. Meg handed her the list. She and Luc had planned the meal and as much of the sundries as possible. Ginny looked it over and then put it down. "I guess we are headed to the Mall?" she asked.

"They have the party store and some of the catering supplies I want. Plus, I need to stop by and see Andrew at the Silver Lode," said Meg.

"Why?" asked Ginny.

"Well, I have a snag on my chain. Seems Unky Wolfie chewed my chain," said Meg.

Ginny laughed for the first time in ages.

They got to the Mall and headed to the Silver Lode first. Andrew was at the counter when they walked in.

"Hello ladies, and how are you today?" he asked.

"Fine," said Ginny although the smile was a little tight on her face.

"I have a snag on my chain," said Meg. She took it off and showed Andrew where Luc had nicked it.

Andrew shook his head. "Going to have to give that boy a teething ring," he said jokingly. Ginny and Meg laughed. "I'll have this fixed in about thirty minutes. Come back on your way out," he said.

"Alright Andrew. Thanks," said Meg as they turned to leave the shop.

The two of them headed for the card shop first to pick up invitations. After that, they talked to the caterer at 'Lunch is on Us' to arrange for various chaffing dishes and the cake. At the party store, they picked up balloons, silly party gifts and the paper products.

"I don't know about you, but I'm really hungry," said Meg.

"Yeah, that Chinese place down in the food court smells really good," said Ginny as she lifted her head sniffing the air.

"Chinese it is then," said Meg as they headed to the food court.

*

Forty-five minutes later, the two women gathered their bags and headed back to the Silver Lode. A twenty-something woman was at the counter. "Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, I left a chain with Andrew to be repaired," said Meg.

"Oh yeah, He got it finished and I'll go get it," she said. She headed to the back of the shop. She reappeared a minute later with Meg's chain in her hand and a box. "The chain is fixed, and there's no charge," she said handing it back to Meg.

Meg slipped it over her head and then looked at the box the woman was handing her. "What's in the box?" Meg asked.

"I don't know. Andrew said it was a present for Luc," she said and walked off to help another customer.

"Hmmm, guess we'll have to wait until Luc opens it," said Meg looking at the nicely wrapped box.

"Yeah. Let's go to the grocery and get the rest of this stuff ordered," said Ginny.

*

They left the Mall and headed for the little Italian grocery store that did deli orders and made things like handmade ravioli. It always smelled so good in the shop that Meg was tempted to lick the walls. Mrs. Giovanni took their order, and gave them each a piece of tiramisu as a treat. Meg and Ginny headed for the door licking their fingers and waving goodbye.

"The cocoa on top isn't going to make you sick is it Ginny?" asked Meg.

"No, just give me the burps for a while," said Ginny. "Where to now?"

"Not sure. I want to buy a nice dress and some sexy undies," said Meg. "We probably should have done that at the Mall, but I forgot."

"We could go to Carter's over by the box stores," suggested Ginny.

"Hmmm, haven't been there in ages. Yes, let's go." said Meg as she started the car and backed out of the space.

*

Carter's had just the right undies for Meg and a little black dress that would fit the occasion. Ginny found some new undies too which she finally bought after Meg teased her into it. They headed home and had just gotten all the bags in as Luc arrived home.

"Looks like you two had a good time shopping," said Luc.

"Yes, and I'm off home to see what trouble those kids got into this time," said Ginny. She grabbed her bags and headed out the door. "Bye Meg, and thanks for the lovely day," she said.

"Bye Ginny," said Meg with a wave.

"Wow, did I forget deodorant?" Luc asked.

"No, but that was amazing. She was really civil for most of the day. A little touchy around Andrew, but otherwise she was fine," said Meg.

"Ohhhkay," said Luc.

"Okay what?" asked Meg.

"Okay as in she really needs to get laid if she gets grouchy every time she's around a male shifter," said Luc.

"Oh," said Meg. "Want to see what we got?" she asked. Luc nodded and they started unloading the bags. The dinner was in two weeks. When they got to the box from Andrew, Luc looked at it puzzled.

"What is this?" he asked.

"Andrew said it was for you," she said. "His assistant gave it to us, so I couldn't ask him."

"Hmm," said Luc. He took the package and read the label. "To Luc, Use it in good health, Andrew". Luc tore through the wrappings and opened the box. Inside was an ivory colored ring about three inches across with a silver handle. Luc picked it up and started laughing.

"What's so funny Luc?" Meg asked.

"Oh, it's just Andrew's way of telling me to be careful," he said and handed the piece over to Meg. "It's a teething ring."

Meg took it and started to laugh. "He said something about a teething ring when we dropped off the chain. I never expected him to actually give you one," said Meg.

Both of them collapsed to the bed giggling.

*

Tuesday morning, Cal stuck his head into Luc's office. He didn't say a word, just smiled and gave Luc a thumbs up sign. Luc nodded. It was the prearranged signal that Cal's cousin Patrick would be coming by some time today. They had decided on silent communication because Ginny seemed to hear everything said in the office lately. It had brought most conversations to a halt, and Luc had had just about enough. He really hoped that Patrick and Ginny hit it off. The phone rang and Luc answered it as Cal headed out the back way to the warehouse.

"Yes ma'am, we certainly can install new Cat5 cabling at your flower shop. Cost is by the foot, and whatever supples on top of our minimum hourly. Yes, that's right. Just one minute," he paused and then wrote down the address. "One of our techs will be out to you in 45 minutes," he finished and then hung up the phone.

Luc gathered his tools and headed for the front door. As he passed Ginny, he waved and disappeared as quickly as he dared. He knew that the customer management system would let her know where he was going. Meg could tap into it too if she needed him. Meanwhile, he was off to do what he enjoyed; doing tech work.

*

Thirty minutes later, Kevin left on a job as well. He had a computer client in one of the suburbs that kept getting hacked. He had what Luc called a little black box solution for this business. It was a tailored router and firewall. He went out the back door to avoid Ginny. He was still on her shit list for reasons he had yet to figure out.

Meg had shut her door when Kevin left, knowing that she was the only one in the main office and while her workload was light today, the last thing she wanted was to be interrupted. She was crunching data for a state job. Her frustrations with economists that don't understand the formulas behind their data had reached a new high.

Peter and Cal were working in the loading bay when a beat up Subaru pulled up. At first Peter thought it was Luc coming back, until he noticed that it was a lighter shade of green than Luc's.

"Hey Cal. I think your cousin is here," he said.

Cal looked up. "That's him. Now we see if there's fireworks or a dog fight," he said. The two of them watched Patrick walk into the office.

"Did you ever tell your cousin what's going on? That we're trying to set Ginny up with a date 'cause she's crazy in need of a fuck?" asked Peter.

"Sorta. I didn't want to say too much. Just that our receptionist was a nice gal and that maybe he'd like to meet her. Plus, dammit Patrick, how long has it been since you've been laid?" said Cal.

Peter smirked. They moved to the corner of the yard that was just out of sight from the front office, but close enough to hear if Ginny exploded in a ball of fury.

*

Ginny looked up as the door opened. She could see it was a man, but the way the late morning sun hit the door, all she could see was a silhouette. Once he got to the desk she'd be able to see his face. "Can I help you?" she asked.

The man walked up to the desk and stood relaxed with his hands in his pockets, "Yes, I'm here to see Cal Johnson," said the man. His voice was deep and he smelled delightfully of shifter.

Ginny took a good look at the man. "Sure, he's probably back in the warehouse. Just a moment and I'll go get him. May I ask who you are?" she asked.

"My name's Patrick Dorret. Cal's my cousin," said Patrick.

"I'll be right back," said Ginny. She got up and headed to the back of the offices to call Cal through the back door. It gave her time to compose herself. She hadn't had a man or shifter affect her so strongly in ages. She reached the back door and after opening it and not seeing either Cal or Peter, she called out. "Cal! You have a visitor!"

"Tell him I'll be there in about five minutes. I have to finish up here first," said Cal from across the bay.

"Alright," said Ginny and she headed back to the front office. On the way, she checked her appearance in the reflection off of Kevin's office door. Yes, she looked okay and then she headed back down the hall.

"Cal will be here in just a minute," said Ginny as she sat back down at her desk. "What brings you here?" asked Ginny. She was curious as hell and wondered if Patrick was single or not.

"Oh, I came down to visit my cousin, and maybe look for a new job," said Patrick. "And you are?" he asked.

"Ginny," she said holding out her hand. "Pardon my manners, it's just been an odd sort of day," she said apologetically. "Gee, and can I blush like a school girl or what?" she thought feeling the blood rush to her face.

"It's alright. We all have off days," said Patrick. "Hmmm, could she be the woman Cal mentioned? Not bad looking... wonder what's really going on?" he wondered. "Seems quiet around here. Much business lately or is it slow this time of year?" he asked.

"A little slow and two of our techs are out of the office. Plus, it's almost lunch time. Any later and the only one in the office would have been Meg," said Ginny.

"Ah," was as far as Patrick got before Cal walked into the room.

"Hey there Patrick!" said Cal as he grabbed his cousin and gave him a combination hug and pat on the back.

"Good to see you Cal. Work must be good, you smell like a grease monkey," teased Patrick.

"Yeah. Had a dust up with Peter the first day, but we soon worked out the pecking order," said Cal.

"Okay, and who's the boss?" asked Peter from the doorway.

"Ginny of course! She's the Alpha bitch in this company," said Cal with a smile. "And if I live through the next 60 seconds, I'll be amazed!" he thought.

Ginny smiled. "I certainly am and you'd better not forget that," she said. "Now are you taking an early lunch to show Patrick around town?" she asked Cal.

"No, wish I was, but there's a shipment from Wintronics due in any time now. Too big for just Peter to unload and stock. How about you take him to lunch? Meg'll watch the phones." said Cal. "Please oh please let this work!!!!" he thought.

"Well, um," she hesitated.

"In all honesty, I did arrive early. I'd be pleased if you'd accompany me to lunch Ginny," said Patrick. "Right phrase, so this is the one Cal is trying to set me up with. Might as well see how it goes," Patrick thought.

Ginny hesitated for just a second. "Oh, Okay. Cal would you let Meg know to listen for the phones?" she asked as she stood up and grabbed her coat and handbag.

"Sure Ginny. Have a good lunch you two," said Cal as he and Peter headed back to the warehouse.

Ginny nodded and headed out the door with Patrick. "I take it you're a steak on the rare side kinda guy?" she asked. Her nose told her he was a shifter, but she still asked to be polite.

"Yes, and I hope you know a really good place for a meal," he said. "I feel half starved. Breakfast was about five hours ago."

"Oh geeze. I know just the place. It does organic hamburgers and lamb burgers to order," said Ginny.

"Lamb?" he asked.

Ginny nodded.

"Then what are we waiting for?" he asked as they headed for her car. A minute later, they were out of the parking lot and heading down the street.

Cal and Peter watched from the loading bay. Tentative smiles crossed their faces.

"What big order from Wintronics?" asked Peter.

"Oh, the one I fabricated an invoice for yesterday with Luc and stuck on Ginny's desk," said Cal. The two men laughed.

*

Luc watched as Ginny's car turned into the parking lot just as he was locking the door. Meg was standing next to the car watching.

"Where have you been?" asked Luc as Ginny got out of the car. He watched a man get out of the passengers side of the car.

"Um... Cal's cousin came by and Cal had to work, so I took him to lunch and then we talked and I drove him around town and well,... I lost track of time," she said.

"Hi, I'm Patrick Dorret," Patrick said as he walked up to Luc. "You must be Luc Moreau, Cal's boss." He shook Luc's hand with a firm grasp.

"Yes, I am. Nice to meet you. This is my mate, Margaret Stewart," he finished as Meg walked up to the two me.

"Just call me Meg, and ignore him if he starts growling and getting all protective," said Meg. She'd realized that Patrick had to be a shifter by the graceful way he walked and the easy way he had about him. He moved like Andrew and Luc.

"Nice to met you Meg. Ginny and I have been talking about how you saved Luc from being grizzly bait," he said.

"Ah, no family secrets eh?" said Meg.

"No, none at all," said Ginny.

"So, are you going to show him where Cal lives since Cal left about twenty minutes ago?" Luc asked.

"I guess I am," said Ginny. "Sorry about dominating your afternoon Patrick," she said to him.

"No problem. That was perhaps the best lamb burger I've had in ages," said Patrick. "Plus, the conversation was delightful."

Ginny smiled. "Shall we go?" she asked. "I promise to drive slow."

"Okay. Just give me a minute to get the car started," said Patrick as he headed off to his Subaru.

Luc headed for his car and Meg followed. Both of them buckled in and watched as the two cars left the parking lot.

"YES!" shouted Luc the moment the two cars disappeared out of sight.

"Good grief! Think you were loud enough?" Meg asked.

"Maybe," Luc said with a smile. "I think that the cousin is going to work out," he said as he leaned over and kissed Meg.

"You're awfully certain after meeting the man for five minutes," she said.

"Ah, but you see, I have a nose. A nose that smells all sorts of lovely things like pheromones. Ginny's all said 'YES' and so did his. I'll be surprised if Ginny makes it to work in the morning," he said. "Plus, he drives a Subaru."

"What?" asked Meg wondering where the kind of car a person drove fit into this mix.

"Yeah, a Subbie! Haven't you noticed that most of us drive them?" Luc said with a smile.

Meg thought for a moment. She started counting cars on her fingers. "Am I the only one in this company that doesn't drive a Subaru?" she asked.

"Yes, and that is why I said he was a good match too," Luc said.

"But, is this a local phenomena? Or is it some planet wide conspiracy?" she asked.

"Just local, but it's a good sign," he said.

"So, you think they'll jump each other that fast?" asked Meg changing the subject.

"Yes, I do. It all depends on how well Cal handles things this evening," said Luc.

"Cal? Not Ginny or Patrick?" asked Meg.

"Yes. Cal has to make it easy for Patrick to be with Ginny without it looking like he asked his cousin to come by just for Ginny," he said.

"Okay, I can see that," she said. "Since we aren't chaperoning them, how about we go home and see how some of that lingerie I have goes over with you tonight," Meg said.

"I like that idea. Lamb burgers for dinner first?" he asked.

"Definitely!" said Meg.

Luc started the car and headed for their favorite burger joint.

*

Ginny drove away from Cal's house as Patrick parked his car and headed inside. She pulled out into traffic and headed home feeling happier than she had in a month. "Damn he smells good and pushes all the right buttons," she thought as she shifted in her seat. "Wonder if he'd be interested in sex?" Ginny's thoughts were interrupted by a honk from the car behind her. She looked up to see that the light had turned green. She headed home.

Pulling into the driveway, she saw that George was there, but Sandy's car was gone. She grabbed her stuff and headed inside. She dropped her bag by the coat rack and hung up her jacket. She could hear a little bit of noise, but no kids. Walking into the living room, she saw why. George was racked out on her couch covered in a mound of small children raptly watching a Pixar movie.

"Hey George," she said softly.

"Hi Ginny. The kids and I are watching Cars," said George. "Sandy went out with a friend and Ysabel went shopping with 'Solda and Bitty."

"Okay. Has everyone eaten?" she asked.

"Yahuh, Unky Gee made us sanwitses," said Sara. Joe and Ivan nodded.

"Okay, then I'm going to go shower," said Ginny.

"Enjoy," said George as he and the kids turned back to the movie.

Ginny walked into her bedroom, gathered her sweat pants and a teeshirt and headed for the shower. Dropping her clothes in the hamper, she looked at herself in the mirror. A few wrinkles, gray hair, a little saggy around the breasts, but not bad. Ginny turned the shower on and stepped in when the water was hot.

The water felt wonderful, and as she brought her hand up to her face, she caught a faint whiff of Patrick's scent. "Damn, that man smells good," she thought. Grabbing the shampoo, she started washing her hair. Once that was finished, she turned the shower head to pulse and let it hit the tension spot between her shoulder blades. The knots slowly worked loose. The water began to cool off and she turned off the water and grabbed her towel as she got out. Ginny thought she heard the front door open and close as she got dressed. She wondered if it was Ysabel and the girls back from shopping or Sandy. She grabbed her comb and headed out to the living room to see who it was.

"You look comfortable," said Patrick who was sitting on the end of the couch.

"I.. um... I," Ginny stuttered. "George, why didn't you tell me we had company?" she asked as she felt the blood rush to her face.

"You were in the shower," said George. "Just relax, we've been having a nice conversation."

"And Sara here has told me all the family secrets you forgot over lunch," Patrick said with a smile.

"Okay, I'm going to go change clothes and we'll start this over," said Ginny as she tried to walk slowly back to her bedroom. "Oh gods! Hair tangled, in sweats! Geeze!!!! No wonder I haven't had a date in ages!" she thought in a panic. She stopped mid room and tried to work the comb through her hair. She swore there were more tangles than hair. "Maybe it's time for a haircut," she thought.

Jaisen
Jaisen
691 Followers