Morrigan's Curse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
madam_noe
madam_noe
1,845 Followers

"What did you do today?"

"We drew pictures!" Her daughter cried as she touched ground once more. She held up the folded piece and when Kelly saw it her heart almost stopped. It was a crude picture of her at the breakfast table, and a man was touching her.

"Who's that, sweetie?" Kelly pointed at the man.

"That's daddy. I see him. He's sad that you're sad."

"Oh, I'm not sad."

"Yes you are, daddy says it's okay, you'll be happy soon. We couldn't play in the gym today because there are builders in there."

Kelly was speechless at her daughters ability to change subjects so rapidly. "Sorry honey, want to go to the park?"

"Which one!?!" Hyperactivity quickly set in.

Someone brushed close and Kelly stumbled back, dragging Holly with her.

"Pardon me."

That voice...she turned to see a man she didn't recognize. He was guiding three others moving drywall in. He was tall, slim, with long blonde hair. But his eyes...

He cocked his head in a very familiar way. "Ma'am, this is going to sound crazy, but do I know you?"

Those dark brown eyes sparkled like honey.

"Maybe. I'm Kelly, Kelly Quinn."

"James Murphy."

"Oh, this is my daughter Holly."

He waved on the others and bent down, offering her little girl his hand, which she took and pumped eagerly. "Hello, are you going to make my mommy happy?"

He laughed. "Gee, I don't know. You're quite a forward lady, aren't you?"

"Mommy says I'm a straight shooter."

He laughed.

"Honey, why don't you get in the car?" Kelly waved to the limo driver who rolled the back windows down.

"Okay. Bye!" She waved at James.

They watched her go. "You're going to think I'm insane, but I- I think I dreamed about you. And about you...but you were different."

"Was I Siobhan?"

That startled him. "How did you know?"

"I don't know how it's possible, but I know you. Knew you. I- it's complicated."

"Would you like to have dinner and explain it? Oh, I'm sorry, are you- is Holly's dad-"

"He's been gone a long time. I would love to have dinner. Here's my card." She fished one out and passed it to him. As their fingers touched a very familiar tingle began.

His eyes snapped to hers. "I think I'm losing my mind."

"That's okay. Sometimes it's how you find your heart."

He leaned in closer as did she, and they kissed. It was familiar, yet he tasted of cinnamon, different enough, but it was the same passion.

"Mom! Gross!"

Kelly pulled back laughing. "Would tonight be too soon?"

"I'm done here at five. I'll call you then but I'll need to go home, change." He spread his hands to indicate his dusty jeans and paint-splotched navy t-shirt.

"I'll get a sitter."

"Oh, Holly can join us."

She put her hand on his arm and felt that jolt. "No, she can't."

He smiled at her, and once more Kelly's soul felt at peace.

***

"I win! I win!"

Morrigan folded her arms and sighed. "You'd think after a few millennia, you could be a gracious winner."

"It's just I never win, you always do!" Áine chuckled.

"Well, war, vengeance...these are things people see every day. For most true love is something from movies. How'd you do it?"

"Sex."

"Pardon?" The war goddess blinked.

"Why do you think I'm a fertility goddess? You think I really like farming that much? As if, can you imagine cow patties on these?" She lifted up her small feet to show off the ungodly expensive designer heels.

"Focus, cupcake."

Áine stuck her tongue out. "True love equals amazing sex. Fucking is what gets their attention. I just get them to fuck their true loves, and the rest falls into place."

"You know, if you were human, they'd call you a sociopath."

"And you'd be Alexandra the Great, but with tanks."

"They hardly use tanks anymore. Oh, if only there was a man alive half as smart as Alexander. I don't know, I like the daughter."

"Holly?"

"She's tough, smart. I think she'd make a fine warrior."

"Not if I find her soul mate faster."

"That reminds me, I ran into Psyche the other day...she says hello."

"Hobnobbing with the Greeks? You haven't been boinking Ares again, have you? I seem to recall the last time you did that there was a volcanic explosion, a city sank into the sea-"

"Cold turkey. Say how did you go behind my back? That was some slick time-travel stuff you did there, I mean, one night my boy Cillian is banging Kelly, and six months later his soul's in a man who appears to be-" she glanced at James, now kissing Kelly, and turned back with a sneer of disgust. "Thirty, maybe thirty one years old. Ooh, he's a lefty and knows how to use a firearm. I kind of like him."

"He likes opera and gardens," Áine said, casually examining her nails. "And I'm not telling. Danu knows what you'll do with that secret."

"So how about another bet? I was up on you for over five hundred years. We need someone new."

Áine raised her brow. "I get to pick."

"You picked before and you got that milquetoast Siobhan. I get to pick."

"You'll find the next Pol Pot! I pick!"

"Let's go." Morrigan said with a smile and they assumed their poses, ready for combat. "One, two, three. Damnit!"

Áine laughed. "You always go for rock, and paper beats rock!"

"I fail to see how that follows the laws of physics."

The other ancient goddess just raised her brow at that. "Come on, they're having dinner and fantastic sex tonight, our work is done. I like America, but New York...it's getting cold. Let's go to L.A.!"

Morrigan shuddered. "Too many pretty boys who can't take a punch."

"Oh, you whine too much. We'll find you a nice stuntman..."

They left the school grounds, walking past James Murphy who stood there, staring at the retreating limo. As the other goddess yammered on about movie stars who liked to fight, Morrigan looked over her shoulder at James and caught his eye. She winked, for once glad to lose one of her warriors.

madam_noe
madam_noe
1,845 Followers