Mothers and Daughters Ch. 10

Story Info
Daphne and Tiffany.
12.5k words
4.74
20.8k
8
0

Part 10 of the 33 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 08/21/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

While Vera and Ingrid were enjoying their breakfast that Sunday morning, Dawn Cutler took stock. Although her encounter with Vera was very brief, it was long enough for Dawn to ascertain that Vera had to be one of the most gorgeously good looking females on the planet. Although having high self esteem, Dawn was realistic enough to realize in beauty she sure could not compete with Vera!

What was ever more disturbing with that brief encounter from Dawn's point of view was that Vera seemed to have actually enjoyed the sex with Ingrid. Although Dawn did not share the breakfast she could hear well enough to know that Vera and Ingrid enjoyed each other's company thus reinforcing the notion that the sex between them must have been very good.

Dawn had lived long enough with Ingrid to know that Ingrid's lovers and especially including herself treated her shabbily. Up to this point Ingrid had to put up with it as the alternative was celibacy. Now Vera's presence seems to have the potential to upset this great situation for herself. Dawn knew that if Vera wanted Ingrid for a relationship, her ass was grass since Ingrid would turn her out in a heartbeat.

Dawn was assuming that Vera was a lesbian otherwise it made no sense to see Ingrid with her. Dawn knew in the back of her mind that a straight girl can on occasion be induced into some girl-on-girl sex but usually it would be done as an experiment by the straight girl. But the way Vera was carrying on and pulling out those anal beads sure convinced Dawn that Vera's apparent joy of sex with Ingrid was genuine. Besides Dawn believed if Vera was heterosexual she would have the entire male population hitting on her that she would not have any time to experiment with the ways of Sappho.

That was the one saying hope for Dawn. Vera was such a prize female surely she could have her pick of anyone she would take a fancy to. But in this vein, Dawn knew there were some very attractive qualities to Ingrid; loyalty being chief of them. Thus Dawn realized it was not out of the realm of possibilities that Vera might choose Ingrid to be her steady lover.

Dawn had a good thing going with Ingrid. In fact it made her hopes and aspirations feasible. She was poor and the rent free residency with Ingrid made it possible for to attend college and graduate in time. If she had to pay rent she would have to take some semesters off to consolidate her finances.

With all these considerations in her mind, Dawn came to the conclusion she would have to treat Ingrid better. She had to secure her as a full time lover to prevent the possible lure of Vera. As Dawn assessed Ingrid's character she knew she could do a lot worse when contemplating entering into a relationship. Besides the obvious indication that Vera and Ingrid had experienced some great sex made Dawn believe that Ingrid probably could be a great lover; it's just that she had never cultivated or exploited Ingrid's potential sexual capabilities. All in all the decision to make peace with Ingrid became more palatable the longer she contemplated it.

Consequently when Vera left, Dawn emerged from her bedroom and started her campaign to woo Ingrid permanently to her side:

"Ingrid darling, I am so sorry I was so grouchy this morning. It's just that I had a shitty night and I was hoping for some loving from you. I'm sorry I reacted so badly when I saw you had a friend over. We were obviously not properly introduced so could you tell me who she was?"

"She's Vera Starikovich and she is the best player on our rugby team even though she is a rookie freshman. As you know after games the entire team goes to a bar to socialize. Vera and I were together and we hit it off. The rest as they say is history."

Dawn was a little heartened by the story in that it was clear that Vera and Ingrid were not an item, yet. Thus she had the time to nip this in the bud before Ingrid became irretrievably lost to her. So carefully choosing her words Dawn replied:

"What I saw of her this morning I could tell she was very pretty. I guess you had a fun night?"

"Oh it was fun all right."

"Well as I said I had a shitty night. As you know I had a date with Helen Dawes for a Chicago Symphony Concert with the debut of its new conductor Dieter Ebersbacher. Although the concert was a success the rest of the night with Helen was not."

"Oh? I'm sorry for you."

"Yes as I had told you I was supposed to spend the night and today at Helen's parents' home in Buffalo Grove. However Helen became a shrew. When we arrived at her house in my car, she demanded we have sex. However I had been enthralled in the majesty of the music we had heard, I was not in the mood for sex. I pleaded tiredness but Helen was not buying it. So I complied but I did not enjoy it.

Helen could sense I had not given it my all and conceded that I might be tired. I could sense she was disappointed and I agreed to a long satisfactory sexual session when we woke up. She seemed to be mollified, but when we woke up she was most persistent we have sex in accordance with the agreement. So I was put off by her forcefulness and could not get in the mood. She was so angry that she slapped me. I had to escape so I rushed over here to hopefully to be comforted by you."

The story Dawn recounted was accurate except that the roles were reversed. She was the shrew that was insistent on sex whereas Helen was the reluctant lover. Dawn had wisely switched the story accordingly to present herself in a better light to Ingrid. It really didn't matter as Ingrid paid scant attention as her mind was occupied in reveling the wonderful evening she had had with Vera. Dawn sensing Ingrid's inattention decided to take the plunge and get to the objective she was striving for. So she said:

"Anyway Ingrid, this unfortunate night made me rethink our situation."

Ingrid responded as she sensed something important was going to transpire : "Oh! What do you mean?"

"Well Ingrid I know we have sex occasionally ostensibly in lieu of my true obligations to pay rent."

"Yes and..."

"Well I think this financial understanding has been clouding what could be a delicious relationship. Perhaps I don't give myself freely as I know I am capable of because of this financial obligation. Likewise you probably don't benefit from the sexual joy you could have if you did not sense the obligation I am under."

"Where are you going with this? Don't tell me you are going to offer to pay me rent"

"No! No Ingrid. Unfortunately my finances are so tied up that I just can't afford even to pay you token rent. What I am getting at is that last night demonstrated to me what an unsatisfactory casual sex I've led. I also sense that you have not had that great a sex life either."

"I don't know Dawn. For me last night was pretty spectacular. I sure have no problems with it."

"That may very well be true about last night for you, Ingrid but you must agree that last night would be the exception rather than the rule of your sex life in general. Besides from what I could tell of seeing this Vera, she seems to be a gorgeous creature. I have no doubt that she is great in bed. But how loyal can she be? Won't all the other girls on your rugby team be after her as well? Can you be sure of her?"

Actually Ingrid was not that worried about competition from other girls for the charms of Vera. Her main problem was that Vera was straight, a fact obviously lost on Dawn. Ingrid knew there was no hope of a long lasting relationship, as Vera was bound to eventually snap out of her temporary aversion for sex with guys.

If Vera was a true lesbian Dawn would be toast because Ingrid had gained enough self assurance in herself to realize she could attract and keep a worthwhile lover. The chemistry between Vera and herself was there that she knew she could have Vera as her exclusive lesbian lover. However curious to find out what Dawn was proposing she played along by replying:

"Well you may have a point. I guess it is always possible for someone to steal my lover away. Mind you we sure had fantastic sex last night and maybe Vera might not stray."

Dawn saw that this was harder than she had anticipated. This Vera must be something else. She knew that had she proposed a committed exclusive relationship previously to Ingrid she would have accepted in a flash. Dawn now realized that it would take a genuine commitment on her part to now lure Ingrid.

Ignoring the mercenary considerations it dawned on her that Ingrid was a catch after all. In the two plus years of living with her she had gotten to know Ingrid very well and liked a lot of things about her.

What was really the disturbing thing about Ingrid was that she allowed herself to be kicked around. It was shameful on her part to take advantage of her and derive malicious pleasure from it. Now belatedly Dawn wanted Ingrid desperately just when it looked like she would be impossible to get. Dawn knew there was no turning back and that this had to be good. So she laid her cards on the table:

"Last night was a watershed for me. We have been living these past two years and I know I have not treated you well. But last night demonstrated how stupid I have been. None of my casual sex partners can hold a candle to you. I had a good thing going with you and now I realize I have flubbed it.

I am going to be quite honest with you. I cannot say that I love you at this moment but I can honestly say I am sure I can fall in love with you. I want to propose that we enter into an exclusive mutual relationship to determine if we can make a go of it.

I know you have so many good points that I know I can love you. I believe I have good points as well and so I think you can fall in love with me as well. If you like we can set a time limit to see if the relationship will work. What do you say Ingrid darling. I mean what I say."

"Wow Dawn this is an out of the blue proposition. I am caught totally off guard. I don't know what to say. I don't want to give a snap answer. Let me think about it for a couple of days and give you an answer. OK?"

"Sure Ingrid honey. You're right to consider carefully. If we are going to do this I want it voluntarily entered into to give the relationship a realistic chance to succeed."

Ingrid did consider Dawn's proposition for the next couple of days; weighing the pros and cons. First of all to consider was what to make of Vera and the fantastic sex that night. There was no denying the sex was terrific, great, fabulous etc.; all the superlatives that one can think of. Ingrid believed she was on solid ground when inferring that Vera enjoyed the sex. Her orgasmic outbursts were so pronounced that it could not have been faked. Her enthusiasm was obviously genuine.

As for herself, Ingrid deemed without any uncertainty that the sex with Vera was the best she had ever experienced and unlikely to be surpassed never mind even coming close to equaling. All of her previous sex experiences to date were at best mediocre when comparing to that hot night with Vera. In addition to the glorious sex, Ingrid had a great time just by being in her company. Vera was about easiest person she had ever encountered to get along with.

All things being equal, Ingrid would consider Vera to be the ideal if not the perfect girlfriend for her. However all things were not equal. Unfortunately from Ingrid's point of view, Vera was straight. Granted that Vera was not adverse to lesbianism and seemed to have enjoyed their girl-on-girl sex. Given Vera's current state of mind regarding heterosexual activities, Ingrid was certain they could engage in some more lesbian sex even frequently in the days, weeks perhaps even months to come. But the end would come.

Ingrid knew that the sex between them would not be of prime importance to Vera, unlike the "be all" and the "end all" it would mean to her. Thus any relationship with Vera would by logic be absolutely unequal. Vera would not fall in love with her no matter how great the sex; no matter how total the enjoyment, and no matter how long their relationship would last. Nothing would change such outcome.

On the other hand, Ingrid knew she would fall in love with Vera, and deeply so. Hell she was almost there already. Therefore when the break-up would come and certainly such would be inevitable, Ingrid knew she would be devastated. She would suffer despair beyond anything she could imagine.

Of course Vera would be unaffected. No doubt Vera would even caution Ingrid that once she got over her funk she would be heterosexual again. Knowing that Vera would suffer no pain, Ingrid surmised she would become angry at Vera for the break-up. Then she would realize it would be unfair of her to be angry at Vera as after all she would have started the affair knowing full well that the break-up would naturally occur. Knowing then that her anger at Vera would be misplaced she would become humiliated by her bitterness. She would become angry with herself and that would make her misery complete.

If there was any chance whatsoever that Vera could be enticed to love her, Ingrid would take that chance. But as Ingrid discerned, it was clear how Vera recounted her love of Rodney Parker, that her memories were focused on a potential serious love affair cut short by the horrible crime of Dr Slaughter. Likewise the manner in which she described her three-way sex it was Michael who was the main interest for Vera, whereas Ebony was essentially just there not really providing extra titillation for Vera to enjoy.

Those two examples were proof positive for Ingrid that Vera was a staunch heterosexual but one who simply didn't mind participating in lesbian acts occasionally. Ingrid knew that Vera meant it as a playful assertion when she proclaimed lesbian sex was better than masturbation, but she sensed that there was more truth than poetry in that unguarded comment. Ingrid believed that this comment reflected precisely Vera's attitude towards girl-on-girl sex with the implied unsaid addition "but it is not as good as the real thing." Still if it was not for Dawn's proposition, Ingrid would have pursued Vera for as much sex as Vera would be willing to have. Ingrid's viewpoint would be it is better to have great sex that would end in misery than no sex or the occasional mediocre sex. Now Ingrid was not fooled by Dawn's sudden interest in a committed exclusive relationship. She saw it for it was; a crass heavy handed attempt to maintain the financial arrangement between them. Obviously there was no true love interest motivating Dawn in this matter.

Still Dawn was a lesbian. In the two years that Dawn had lived in Ingrid's house they got along fairly easily. The sex was enjoyable not great and certainly not comparable to the fabulous sex with Vera, but it did bring about certain satisfaction. Ingrid could envision that if the commitment took hold the sex would improve. There might even be a serious love develop from the relationship. And if there was one thing that Ingrid truly desired above all other hopes and aspirations, it was to have an honest to goodness love affair.

The bottom line for Ingrid was that the proposition of Dawn could pave the way for what Ingrid sought. Sex with Vera no matter how prolonged could never get her there. However one thing that Saturday night with Vera did for Ingrid was to boost her self confidence. She was cognizant of how much she had allowed her lovers to walk over her; and how her self esteem had eroded by the humiliations she had endured. Now she was determined to change that.

With such mindset she duly made her decision and communicated same to Dawn as follows:

"Last Saturday night I had the best sex I had ever experienced in my life. Vera was definitely the best sex partner I have had to date. What you have said about her is probably the truth; I would be a fool not to realize that every lesbian on campus not just the rugby team would be hot after her. Although I am not despairing of my chances as I believe you were made aware that Vera was pleased with our sex as well. However I do desire a committed relationship and Vera would probably not provide that. I am tired of all the casual sex so your offer has lots of appeal despite the fact that neither of us love each other."

At these words Dawn was agitating to protest probably to suggest insincerely of her love. Ingrid was having none of that as she help up her hand to stop Dawn from interrupting, and so she continued:

"No don't deny it. It doesn't matter. I do believe we have a chance to make a go of it. I do believe we can grow to love each other. I am willing to chance it; I do like you and we have had some good times. However it must be a sincere and honest effort on both of our parts for this to succeed. But beware I am no longer going to be a doormat for you.

My night with Vera taught me that if I can attract and please such a gorgeous woman as her then I am worthwhile and desirable. Therefore I need not put up with shit. The bottom line is this Dawn: I am willing to try a committed exclusive relationship with you, but it definitely must be exclusive. There will be no second chances. If you cheat on me I will throw you out on the street immediately. You should know that I consulted a lawyer yesterday, who advised me that I have every right to kick you out without any notice. Since you pay no rent you have no legal rights that normal tenants who pay rent have."

Dawn was astonished at the brutally frank speech. She could not have conceived that Ingrid had it in her to articulate her position so defiantly. In the back of her mind, though she was pleased. Although Dawn had a domineering personality, paradoxically, she had no respect for those she dominated and did her will. As this forceful side of Ingrid was to her liking she had no problem in accepting Ingrid's response:

"Oh wow Ingrid! This is a side of you I like very much. I too am weary of casual sex. I have no problem with exclusivity, after all I proposed it. I am confident we'll make a great pair."

During the next rugby practice Ingrid made Vera aware of her decision:

"Oh Vera, I want to thank you for a wonderful Saturday night. You were the greatest lover I've ever had bar none. Although you might not suspect it I have had quite a few lovers up to now."

"Why thank you Ingrid. I enjoyed myself immensely."

It was not lost on Ingrid that Vera did not jump at the opportunity of naturally suggesting a reprise. This just confirmed her belief that Vera definitely would not be interested in any special kind of relationship. So she continued:

"Yes Vera it indeed was marvelous and nothing would please me more that having another night. However Dawn has since talked to me and convinced me to try an exclusive relationship. Although I would dearly love to have some more sex with you, but I know you are straight. Consequently with you there is not the kind of future that I want available to me. So I accepted Dawn's proposition as the future I desire may be possible with her."

Vera snorted in amusement and replied:

"I wonder if my naked appearance in front of her had anything to do with this sudden interest for a permanent love arrangement."

Ingrid laughed in reply:

"I am positive that the sight of your gorgeous, magnificent naked body had everything to do with Dawn's sudden interest in little old me- not that I am little or old for that matter. I believe she realized if I can allure and satisfy a delicious dish like you into my bed, I might no longer have any need for her and thus would throw her out thereby putting an end to the gravy train she has with me."

"Well if that's her true and only motive, aren't you afraid you don't have a solid base for this proposed relationship to work?"

"Oh I think my chances at happiness with Dawn are about as good as anyone's when entering into a relationship. We do get along and I have a certain fondness for her that could develop into a deep maybe even passionate love. I think my problems in the past with her had to do with her promiscuity and my tolerance of it. It did not help that I groveled for her favors. This time I emphasized that I would not allow her to cheat on me and that I would toss her sorry ass out of my home the instant she cheats."