Mountain Man

Story Info
Young transgendered man's journey of discovery.
11.6k words
4.48
61.7k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
yukonnights
yukonnights
508 Followers

Introduction

This is a tale of homosexuality in the early 1800's among the men who explored and lived in the lands west of the Mississippi River. But it is more than that. The main purpose of the story is to explore the feelings and emotions of a young transgendered man as he comes to accept his sexuality. It is a fictional account of those times and cultures and is based loosely on certain theories about how some societies throughout history have accepted homosexuality and honored those persons known as "two spirited" or "third gender". I should tell you before you start that it is a longer than average tale. And while it does have some graphic homosexual erotica, it is also a tale with a story to tell. I should also say that this is pure fiction and does not pretend to be absolutely accurate as to the historical facts about the people, places and cultures depicted. Nor does the author claim a personal understanding of the depth of transgendered people, so anything that seems wrong or in any way offensive is due to my ignorance only and is unintended. And finally, while the hero of our story is sometimes referred to as "lad" or "laddie", he is twenty three years old and all persons depicted are adults over the age of twenty.

If this tale in even a small way encourages understanding, acceptance and love of all people in our society, then the effort will have been worthwhile - yukonnights

--------------------------------------------------

Finally! After more than three months of river travel, James got his first look at St. Louis. From his home in Pennsylvania he had followed the same difficult route down the Ohio River and then the toilsome grind up the Mississippi that Meriwether Lewis and William Clark had done seven years earlier. As he watched St. Louis come into view, he didn't see the rain and mud, or the squalor of the small crude shacks or even the garbage. Instead he saw the glorious stepping off point to the vast western wilderness, the place of legend where men of strength and courage gathered before going out alone into the unknown territory and on to the great mountains far to the west. At twenty three James couldn't remember a time when he hadn't been planning for this day. And now he was here!

The keel-boat stuck in the mud fifteen feet from the shore along the natural rise of land known as the Landing. Amid curses and calls of blame among the boatmen James lent a hand trying to use the stout push poles to get the boat closer to shore. Finally the men gave up, and amid renewed curses of blame they simply jumped into the muddy water of the mighty river and waded to dry land. Realizing that his boat ride was over, James gathered his few possessions and followed. Once on shore he slogged his way up the sloping bank that formed the Landing. Following a muddy track, he made his way toward what appeared to be the main part of town located on the bluffs to the west. It was early spring of 1814 and St. Louis was still little more than a trading outpost conveniently located near the junction where the Missouri River came in from the northwest to join up with the great Mississippi. But it was already a place of legend among the boys and young men throughout the Ohio valley and cities of the eastern civilized regions. So James wasn't about to let the less than grand first appearance of the town along this area next to the river dim his excitement at finally being here. This place had been the subject of countless hours of his daydreams. So, he puffed up his full one hundred and forty six pounds and strode forth with an air of having more confidence than he actually felt. As he worked his way through the scattering of lean-to shacks, shanties and warehouses he started to notice that the people he encountered were not the glamorous mountain men he had dreamed of finding here. Instead there were only more of the rough and dangerous river men he had been around his entire trip. He also began to notice that he and his still shiny new equipment were getting more than a few unsettling glances from dark eyes peering from under battered hats. Clutching his gear tighter, James quickened his pace on the muddy trail heading inland toward the busier part of the settlement.

After a brief climb he was rewarded by a more established scattering of buildings and then he spotted what looked to be a genuine mountain man! Dressed all in leather and wearing high topped moccasin foot gear, he was a rugged man with flowing beard and long hair. Then he spotted others. Men of every possible description, and each one had the unmistakable air of a man who is very secure in his ability to take care of any situation. This is what James had dreamed of, and now he was here!

James' excitement carried him along for several days. However, after more than a week of trying to get acquainted with some of his heroes, he was beginning to realize that these men didn't just accept some young untried greenhorn into their elite group. Some had been polite, others had been downright rude, but all of them had told him that they didn't need any new partners. Soon he saw his dream slipping away even before it had begun. How could he go into the western wilderness if no one would allow him to join them to learn the ways of the mountains, trapping and survival?

"What's the matter young 'un?", the old trapper said to James who was sitting under the porch in order to get out of the rain. "You look like someone just scalped your Ma."

"Oh, how do you do sir," said James, jumping to his feet. "I have just come from near Harrisburg on the Susquehanna to join up with a troupe of mountain men, but I can find none who will take me into their party."

"Well, I've heard some talk about you young feller, and I thought maybe I might have an idea for you to think on."

"Oh, yes sir, I would be most grateful for any advice you might be able to offer a new mountain man like myself," James said excitedly as he removed his hat and stuck out his hand.

The old man ignored the offered hand and said, "Well, first off, don't be go'in round about calling yourself a mountain man! That's a name you earn with many a hard fight. And it's others who'll call you such, but never yourself."

"Yes sir," stammered James, "I, ah, I didn't know that."

"There's that and a damn sight more you don't know, young man. In fact, the best advice I could give you is to get yourself on a boat and go back to where you came from. I've seen too many like you who go out yonder and are never heard from again." The old man looked a bit tired and sad around the eyes as he said the last.

"But, sir," James began to protest but was stopped short when the old man held up a silencing hand.

"Save your breath," he said, "I just said it was the best advice I could give 'ya, but I know a smart young pup like you aint a gonna' listen to my best advice. So here's the only other I can offer; If'n you really want to get up into the mountain country then try to get hooked up with one of the boat crews a go'in up the Missouri. They's all getting ready to pull out any day now just as soon as the river goes down a bit more. Get on out there on the river where it's safe and learn the ways of the country. Maybe after a few seasons you might learn enough to actually get yourself into the mountains. That's if you survive."

"But, sir..." and again the old trapper silenced him.

"That's it boy. I'm done trying to talk sense into you!"

James was left looking at the old man's back as he strode away mumbling something about getting soft in the head and how Mike had said it would be a waste of time talking to the pup.

That night huddled in his crude lean-to shelter behind one of the trading establishments James faced his first crisis of realization. He wasn't going to go into the mountains with a happy band of trappers on a quest for riches and adventure. But he also decided that he wasn't going back home either. First thing tomorrow he would go and find a river crew to work with. He may not be big and strong, but he figured he could offer to cook. He would do anything to get out into the wilderness and begin to learn the ways of this land.

James slept better that night after his decision, and it didn't take long the next day to find a party of fifteen men who agreed to take him on as a cook and porter. The men were taking trade goods up the Missouri, stopping at the native villages along the way and traveling for as far as it took to trade all of their supplies for fur. In fact, they planned on leaving day after tomorrow.

"Men, let me introduce our new cook. Mr. James MacManus most recently of the grand city of Harrisburg has agreed to join us on our little adventure." The man, who had introduced himself simply as Ambrose, said this with a laugh and pushed young James forward to a mixture of cat calls, scowls and a few friendly greetings. This was not really the glamorous men of the mountains James had hoped to be in the company of, but at least it felt good to not be alone anymore.

"Well, Mr. James MacManus," Ambrose said with an exaggerated mocking at his name, "Me thinks that we will just call you Jamie to keep it simple." The big man then laughed and slapped him on the shoulder, the friendly gesture breaking the tension in the air. Jamie smiled and was surprised when Ambrose then patted him on the butt.

"Come along lad, and I'll show you the layout and the cooking gear." And again the big man patted him on the ass. Jamie couldn't help but notice the knowing smiles on some of the faces as he walked away with Ambrose.

"Throw your bedroll and gear in that tent there with the cooking supplies," Ambrose instructed him.

Again Jamie obeyed his new boss. But as he was walking over to deposit his belongings, he felt an old stirring in his loins that he had tried to suppress since leaving home. At twenty three, Jamie was not ignorant when it came to what men sometimes did together and he knew that there was more to Ambrose's touch than just friendly jest.

For the last two years Jamie and his older cousin Benjamin had explored the sensuous pleasures of homosexual love. They had quickly progressed from their first shy touches to passionate nights camped out of doors where they could safely learn to do all of the things men have done together since the beginning of time. Jamie had never been with a woman, but he was no virgin. He had soon found that he enjoyed it most when his cousin would lay him on his back and spread his legs wide. After Benjamin had licked and fingered him and made Jamie beg for it, then his cousin would slide his hard manhood into Jamie's open body! He would hold Benjamin's body close as the bigger man humped and thrust his long hard shaft in and out of Jamie's ass. It gave Jamie great pleasure to feel Benjamin grow bigger and harder inside of his body and then tense and cry out in pleasure as he emptied his seed into Jamie's yielded hole.

As close as they had been, Jamie had never even told Benjamin that he often thought how nice it would be to be a woman, to have breasts for his cousin to suck and a woman's body for him to enter. No, that was a secret only Jamie pondered. However, he and his cousin both knew that they must keep all of what they did together a secret, but all the secrets had begun to wear on Jamie's soul. Finally, the night before he was to leave home Jamie had sworn to himself that he would now put this part of his life behind him. Jamie had been lying alone in his bed after he and Benjamin had sneaked out and loved each other for the last time. After all, he had reasoned, he was now going out west and he figured the men out there wouldn't look kindly on that kind of stuff. But now the touch he had felt from the big burly Ambrose had him both confused and strangely aroused.

That night Jamie's efforts at his first meal were well received by the men. He was pleased to see how they enjoyed his cooking and also how they seemed to be accepting him into the group. Later, after the men had finished their meal they sat and relaxed for awhile with a pipe and drink of rum around the various campfires. Jamie was still cleaning up after the meal and was also making some preparations for the morning breakfast. As he was working, he noticed the men begin to retire to their tents and shelters for the night. He was somewhat shocked to notice many of the men pairing up together in a rather suggestive way. A few elected to sleep alone, but many more entered the shelters in pairs. It wasn't long before he heard the unmistakable sounds of sex from around the camp. Jamie knew what that meant and he was surprised to find homosexuality being so openly displayed. He and his cousin had always felt the need to keep their own sexual activities a secret. This was indeed a different land in so many ways that he had come to!

As Jamie was just finishing up he noticed Ambrose coming back into the camp from a last check on the boats and posting of a guard. Jamie's heart began to race a bit for some reason as the big man made his way over to where he was putting away the last of the dishes.

"Well, you did a fine job with supper laddie," Ambrose said as he took the drinking gourd from the bucket and quenched his thirst. "If you keep that up I think we will have found ourselves the best cook we have had since old Martin was killed four seasons ago. Yes sir, I think you're going to fit in just fine." As he said the last, the big man reached an arm around Jamie's shoulders in a friendly gesture.

"Thank you sir, my Ma said that everyone ought to be able to fix themselves a meal and she taught all of us to cook a bit. I aint never cooked for so many, but give me a bit of practice and I know I can do it just fine."

"Oh, I think you'll do just fine." Ambrose said kindly, still holding his arm about Jamie.

Then he continued, "There is one other thing I need to discuss with you though."

"Yes sir, what is it?"

"Well, it's about where you'll be sleeping," the big man said.

"Oh, I can make do just about anywhere," Jamie said quickly, trying to show that he would not be any trouble.

"No, that's not my point Jamie lad. The fact is that you have a choice to make. You see, I don't like to sleep alone. I like to have someone to lay with on these cool nights. I'm not the kind to force myself on a young man, but I will be blunt with you. You can either choose to take your gear over to my tent there or you can sleep here in the cook tent tonight and leave our merry band in the morning."

Jamie was in one sense shocked at the blatant proposition, but a part of him was not surprised that it had come. He had not been oblivious to the touches earlier in the day and what they implied. However, he was at a loss as to what to say or do, so he just stood there with the man's big strong arm around his shoulders. As he stood there his mind raced through his choices. This had seemed like his last chance at staying out west and pursuing his dream. If he refused Ambrose's proposition he figured he would either have to stay here in St. Louis and try to find some kind of work, or return home. Neither of those choices appealed to him. Then as he began to consider the other alternative Ambrose had offered, he found himself remembering how he had felt as his cousin lay on top of him those many nights in their own little camping tent. He also felt a familiar stirring in his loins!

"Well Jamie, we can't stand here all night now can we? What's it gonna' be; my bed or your departure?" Ambrose was purposefully making him declare his choice.

Jamie made his decision. He walked over to his own small pack of supplies and picked them up. Turning, he began to walk towards Ambrose's tent. As he walked the short journey, his thoughts were aflame at the knowledge that he had just submitted himself to being something akin to the big man's woman! He was both ashamed and at the same time so very aroused by his submission.

The big man smiled as he saw the lean young Jamie stoop to enter the shelter. He unconsciously reached down and stroked the hard flesh through his pants and said to himself, "I thought so."

The interior of the shelter was too small to stand comfortably, so Jamie sat on the only place open, which was Ambrose's bedding. As he sat in the dark waiting, he heard the footsteps as they came toward the tent. He unknowingly held his breath as the tent flap was opened and the large dark form of the man entered. Jamie was startled when a spark box flared and Ambrose reached to light the candle sitting on a keg at the side of the bed. Ambrose turned to look at Jamie and saw his eyes dilated with both fear and passion. Kneeling beside him, Ambrose pushed young Jamie back onto the bedding. Trembling with fear, Jamie closed his eyes and a single tear ran down the side of his face.

Seeing the tear, Ambrose bent forward and gently kissed it away. He began to softly kiss Jamie's face and neck saying, "Do not be fearful laddie, it is no harm I intend for you. I think you will find me a very kind and capable lover. Now, just you lie there and relax." And Jamie did begin to relax as the gentle kisses continued and were then joined by equally gentle hands beginning to loosen his clothing.

Soon it was time for Jamie to sit up so Ambrose could remove his shirt. By now the young man was a willing helper as the man began to strip him. Jamie didn't need to be forced to lie back down and stretch his arms above his head so Ambrose could run his rough hands over the soft skin of Jamie's smooth chest. And when Ambrose found the hard nipples and began to gently pinch them, Jamie let out an involuntary moan of pleasure that sent a shock of pleasure into Ambrose's balls. As Ambrose bent and took one of the hard buds into his mouth, Jamie put his hand into the thick mane of black hair and held the lips tight to his breast. As Ambrose sucked, he felt the young man's nipple grow long and hard in his mouth. He was amazed at the size of it, and reaching to pinch the other one with a work calloused hand he found they were now both as large and hard as some he had seen on a woman!

Ambrose could wait no longer. Kneeling again, he unbuttoned his pants and pulled them down to expose his large and thick cock just inches from Jamie's face. Ambrose knew from his own experience that his cock was a bit larger than most men's. However, it wasn't so much the size that pleased his lovers, but the raw virile strength of his tool that set it apart from the average. What Jamie was presented with was the first cock he had ever seen that was such a swollen muscle bulging with veins. The magnificent member was standing arched up and rock hard towards Ambrose's belly! For a long moment Jamie simply stared at the big hole in the end of the swollen head. There was clear moisture beading out of the hole and running down the underside of the purple bulb of a head. Jamie moved his gaze to notice the thick black hair and big full balls hanging loosely between the slightly spread muscular legs. The young man could feel the heat coming from the massive manhood and then he also became aware of the heavy musky smell of man, an intoxicating smell that caused him to close his eyes and move his mouth forward to taste of his man for the first time.

Ambrose groaned in pleasure as the obviously experienced young man began to suck him. It had been several days since Ambrose had any sexual relief. Worse yet, the last time had been less about pleasure as was about necessity when he had used the ugly fat whore at Dunagin's. But this was pure ecstasy! The young man lying before him was not only a capable cocksucker; he was also much more beautiful than any of the whores to be found this far from civilization. As he looked down on the lithe young body and the budding nipples he could only imagine how pleasant it would be to have Jamie totally nude; to use him time and again as he made the young man into his squaw-man. These thoughts, along with Jamie's vigorous slobbering up and down his cock, soon brought all further thought to an end as he felt his seed begin to swell. Ambrose reached down to hold Jamie's head to his cock and began to hump into his mouth as the young man sucked. Jamie felt the big tool grow even harder and knew what to expect as Ambrose's strength burst forth in strong ropes of thick semen into his still sucking mouth. Jamie had never experienced such a volume of cum! And still Ambrose kept emptying himself into his mouth, until finally it was either choke or let the thick fluid flow out the side of his mouth and down his chin. Finally Jamie felt the big man relax and knew that the climax of his passion had been spent. Now he did what his cousin had liked so much after cumming; Jamie began to gently lick the length of the softening tool, cleaning it of the sticky man seed and showing the man how much he adored it. Every so often he would carefully put the cock back into his mouth and let the big man milk the last of the cum from its tip into his mouth. Jamie would then gently swish his tongue around the head, being careful because he knew how sensitive it would be after cumming.

yukonnights
yukonnights
508 Followers