Music & Passion

Story Info
Beth decides to go to a festival with the girls.
1.7k words
4.08
10.4k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After the six hours on the road, in a car loaded with camping stuff, three other females, wellies and various cases of alcohol, Beth was finally has a little alone time to enjoy the sunshine. She loved her friends but seriously, when they were together the four of them chatted for Britain and now, finally her ears had stopped ringing.

The excitement between the ladies about hitting a festival this year had been infectious, the planning, the packing, the travelling, it had arrived all too soon. Now Beth sat in a very large lush green field, staring down at the infamous shaped stage watching the young American sing his heart out to the ambling crowd of all ages and styles.

Today was a good day, the tent was up, her stuff was shoved inside hastily and the cool tin of alcohol she held in her hand felt nice against the warm summer sun. A little piece of heaven, while the others stocked up on cider and takeaway food at the various vans dotted around the area.

Beth raised her head and eyes to the sky, clear and blue, she closed them momentarily. It felt good to finally have a few days off from work to relax and socialise with her favourite ladies. She stretched out her legs. With a few seconds a large thump, like a kick hit her shin, which sent her bolting forward. Her beer quickly cast aside and then her torso covered with a cold liquid that made her gasp.

'Shit.' She looked down at her favourite top, then over at the crumpled form that lay a mass her legs and grass. She reached over to pat the figure in a assuring way. Less than a day and already...

'OW, fuck! that really hurt.' The hunched man spoke before she could ask.

The male figure sat up reaching for his nose. Beth gasped in horror as crimson smeared his top lip and cheek, she quickly reached for her bag, grasping the first thing that came to hand, her favourite dress scarf. She knelt quickly and grasped the guy's head, wiping his face gently. As he jerked, she tutted.

'Are you OK?, I'm so sorry.'

Two guys appeared beside them, similarly dressed in casual jeans and vintage tees.

'Hey man, you ok?' One of them asked in the same southern drawl clearly concerned.

'Yeah, Yeah' They injured party replied, he pointed to Beth with a wiggle of his wrist, which she took an an implication to give her name.

'Beth' She answered.

'Beth is looking after me.' He smiled at her with white straight teeth. Beth continued to dab the area while the mystery man removed his hat but left a dark pair of sunglasses in place. Beth looked around hastily trying to spot her friends, while the stranger's companions hoovered by the wooden bench adored with hanging basket and flowers, talking amongst themselves, although Beth knew they were discussing them.

'I'm so sorry,' Beth answered apologetic, 'I didn't see you,'

'No worries, I'd like to say it happens all the time, but its not everyday I get knocked off my feet by a beautiful woman.' He flashed another smile as Beth laughed.

'That is so cheesy.' Beth murmured as she reached for the wipes in her bag.

If her friends, Maggie and charlie could she her rummaging through her Mary Poppins bag now maybe they wouldn't have joked on it's size quite so much. Beth had always been the sensible one, the one prepared for all eventualities, hence her nickname Mother hen.

'Nobody ever told you you're beautiful?' he asked.

Beth ignored him as she pulled out a wipe, 'this maybe a little cold.' She told her patient. He nodded.

As she cleaned the area and a bust lip reveal itself, which appeared to be the cause of the bleeding. Her victim spoke. 'I'm James by the way.' his southern American accent drawing out the words.

She looked into the dark shaded glasses and smiled back, 'Nice to meet you James.'

One of his companions, came a little close. 'Hey man, we're startin' to get a bit of attention.'

Beth looked to him with a frown and then scanned the area and indeed several groups of people where looking their way. She removed her hand quickly. James caught her hand and gave it a quick kiss. 'Thank you.'

For some reason, Beth felt herself blush, people were outwardly staring and James didn't really seem to mind. She coughed and cleared her throat, 'its ok.' she mumbled.

'Where are you going later? When the bands are through?' James asked.

'Me and my friends are heading over to the cabaret and circus areas' Beth answered a little nervously.

'I'd really like to see you later...' James started.

'I don't think that's a good idea' Beth was staring right back at a pretty blonde to her left heading their way.

'Just a drink then? at least let me offer a drink in way of apology for wetting your shirt.' He pushed his sunglasses up his head and Beth was confronted with a pair of beautifully blue male eyes He searched her face waiting for a response, 'Please?' he added with a grin. He was so familiar, Beth tried to place his face. She nodded in response.

He nodded back. 'Ok then Beth, I'll be seeing you later.' With that he swiftly stood and gave her a wink before replacing his glasses. Maggie passed him with a frown, while Charlie was staring at his friends. They walked away in a huddle followed by a few girls who pointed and whispered.

'Is that who I think it is?' Maggie said in a whisper as she leaned into Beth.

'And who do you think is it?' Beth asked innocently.

'That's that guy from that band.' Charlie commented as she handed Beth a drink and took a mouthful from her own.

'What guy? What Band?' Beth asked puzzled.

'Please.' Maggie answered as the sound of instruments and audience cheers began again for the next band drowning out conversation.

As the day drew on, the topic of what Beth had been doing with 'the band guy' seemed to pop up at intervals. Who he'd been aptly named was broached and Beth answered completely explaining the situation. All the girls could do was roll their eyes and discuss what might have been if Beth voiced where they'd be later.

As the last band of the night drew to a close and fireworks lit the sky overhead. Beth found herself torn about seeing a certain male again. The girls made their way through the hordes of music lovers at a steady pace. It took a good forty minutes to reach their destination.

As they shuffled and skimmed their way into the circus tent for a better view they dropped to the matted the floor in a huddle watching in awe at the flame throwers and fire eaters being performed in front. As a thunderous applause filled the air, Beth started to relax as she scanned the crowd. How easy would it actually be to find her in thousands? she wondered. Not likely going to happen, she thought. Probably wouldn't even see the guy again the whole festival.

But with that thought, Beth was suddenly surprised it saddened her. 'What a fool I am' she mumbled to herself as two guys on stage began an intricate dance of tricks with juggling balls.

'These guys are amazing' Charlie leant over into Beth's ear, suddenly needing to whisper.

As the compaire asked for a second round of applause for the jugging journalists, Beth felt a cool breeze blow across her face. Charlie stood giving various sounds of appreciation. Making a smoking sign with her hand she departed out of the tent as Maggie shuffled closer.

'You ok?' Maggie asked.

'Yeah.' Beth nodded, she knew where this was going, Maggie had been her closest friend for ten years, since the beginnings of school.

'You've been quiet, you missing Karl?' Maggie cracked open a tinnie and took a sip.

Beth took a long breath, she hadn't even thought about Karl. They'd been together four years, their break up was still raw and Beth didn't want to talk about it.

Beth nodded and looked to stage and nodded again in response. Their breakup had been rough and messy. She could feel the tears building and tired not to blink.

Maggie touched her arm, 'I'm sorry hunny, I'm being an insensitive bitch.'

Beth gave a weak smile and turned her head back to the entertainment. Her eyes widened as she noticed a familiar figure talking to the fifties style dressed compaire.

'Well, well, well' She heard Maggie mutter.

The compare took to the microphone, 'Is there a Beth in the house?' Her voice was crystal clear over the PA system.

'Oh my god' Beth felt herself blush.

Charlie was making her way back to the ladies, Maggie gave a wave, 'Beth's friend is looking for her' She frantically pointed to the stage.

The house lights came up and Beth shielded her eyes. 'She's here!' She heard Maggie shout. She slapped her arm and glared.

'What?' Maggie asked innocently, 'You need to get laid, have a little fun.'

'Magg-'

'No' Charlie interrupted, ' Magz is right, keep your phone handy, keep texting to let us know where you are and go and have a little fun.'

Before Beth could utter any kind of comment a cool hand touched her shoulder.

'Hi' James looked down at her, still the same hat but he'd changed his clothes. He gently touched her cheek and smirked. 'you caught little sun today.'

'Yeah, your lip looks better.'

'I had a good nurse.'

Beth smiled and looked away, people where staring, openly staring and pointing.

'You don't take compliments well, do you?'

She looked up and shrugged.

Charlie leaned in a bit unsteady on her feet and patted James' arm, 'Her Ex was a prick'

'Charlie!' Maggie laughed.

James smiled, 'You want to get out of here.' He held out his hand.

Beth smiled, 'Yeah, why not.'

They held hands as they weaved through the people sitting, standing and hanging around the tent. A few over eager fans took his hand and gave it an over enthusiastic shake. As they exited into the night, James squeezed her hand.

'I'd like to take you to my favourite place here.' He whispered leaning in to her face as they walk.

Beth looked at him and smiled, 'Yeah, why not.'