Mustang Romance Ch. 03

Story Info
The auction.
3.5k words
4.61
34.1k
14

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 07/18/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
leejames
leejames
86 Followers

Chapter 3: The Auction

The light streaming in through the cabin window would've been enough to wake Amy up, if it wasn't for her growing excitement. She couldn't believe that they were going to buy a mustang today, an animal so different from the thoroughbreds she was used to. She yawned and stretched, her lithe body kicking off the covers as she did so, and Amy let her mind wonder back to the previous night's events.

Levi had driven her to the cabin that she'd be living in for the next six months, it was about a mile from the farmhouse but the stables were in between. He'd been pleasant enough, making small talk, giving her a run-down of what she could expect tomorrow, but he hadn't mentioned anything about what had been going on at dinner. Amy had her confrontation all ready to go, but by the time she'd worked up the courage, they were pulling up to the cabin. Levi was out of the truck and to her door before she could open it, and he took her hand to help her out, the sizzle when their fingers touched sending a shock up her arm.

There was definitely some physical chemistry between them.

Levi sighed softly, trying to banish his thoughts. He couldn't believe he'd been such a dick during dinner, acting like an alpha wolf instead of a gentleman. Something about Amy raised some primal part of him, a desire he'd kept buried for years. He hadn't meant to get so possessive of her, to touch her at all, but his hands, and perhaps a part lower than that, had a mind of its own, and he hadn't done anything to restrain that. So when she took his hand to get out of the truck, it was all he could do not to shove her up against the side of the Ford and take advantage. He took his hand back quickly and stalked to get her bags out of the bed, he could NOT lose it on this girl.

Amy smiled at him, just barely, and grabbed one of the bags as he unloaded them, shaking herself mentally. She wasn't this dumb school girl; she wasn't a damsel in distress. She'd worked her ass off, doing everything for herself since she'd moved out of her alcoholic mother's house at 14, and to just let this guy change all that with a look was ridiculous. She was harder than that, tougher than that.

She followed him up the steps to the cabin door, and he unlocked it then dropped the key into her hand.

"Well, here it is." He walked easily into the cabin and dropped the two bags he carried onto the bed, and then switched on the lamp on the bedside table. When he turned, Amy was standing right behind him, not two feet away. He heard her suck in her breath, and couldn't help but grin; he was getting to her too. He closed the distance to one foot, and smiled when she didn't move away. Her beautiful freckled face was flushed, her chest heaving, the flush moving down her throat to creep under her shirt and crimson her breasts, he was sure.

He leaned closer and took the bag from her hand, setting it down on the floor without really looking.

Amy couldn't believe she was letting this happen, but she didn't really care at the same time. Levi's face was so close to her, she could smell his natural scent clearly, his pheromones like a drug to her. He smelled of horses, and sweat, of wildness and the wind at your back. She knew he was going to kiss her, hell, she WANTED him to kiss her, and she tilted her chin towards him just a little in an unconscious invitation. Just as he closed the remaining foot between them to descend his mouth onto hers, she blew the whole thing.

"What happened at dinner?" Her voice was breathless, strained, but the question came out just the same. She was mortified.

Levi's mouth stopped just inches from hers, her lust-filled voice asking him the question he'd been avoiding since they left the house. Amy opened those gorgeous eyes and looked at him, her deep green pools confused and embarrassed, and the spell was broken; he remembered himself.

Taking several steps back, he shook his head, as if to clear a fog, and hastily repositioned his hat.

"Well, looks like you don't need a hand gettin' settled, so I'll just, uh, go. I'll be here at sunrise to pick you up."

And with that he hurried out the door, not bothering to close it. Amy stared out after him, cursing herself and grateful for the interruption at the same time. She just didn't know which one she felt stronger.

*****

There was a shadow over her, she could feel it. Amy turned and tossed, trying to get the shadow to move, but it wasn't budging. She suddenly remembered where she was as her sleep fog cleared, and knew there shouldn't be anything there. She opened her eyes and then shrieked, shocked at what was in her room.

She must've fallen back asleep while she was daydreaming, because it was well after sunrise, and Levi was standing in her room, staring at her with unbridled desire on his face.

Amy snatched the covers back up, covering her black panty and tank-clad body. She always slept in little clothing, but she didn't usually have gorgeous wranglers standing by her bed, looking like they'd found the Promised Land.

"What are you doing in here?" She squeaked out, her face red with anger.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I knocked and knocked but no one answered, and we really can't be late. I – I'm sorry."

He didn't look a bit sorry.

Amy was pissed, but she didn't have a response. Levi didn't look like he was going anywhere.

"Do you mind? I need to get dressed."

That arrogant smirk from the night before returned.

"Nah, you go on ahead, I don't mind at all..."

She huffed angrily, kicking off the covers and standing up, aware of how the smirk disappeared from his face. Good, she thought smugly as she walked over to one of her bags and leaned over to grab the cut-off shorts she'd packed. She knew Levi was still in the room, still staring at her, but she tried her best to ignore it. She wasn't a tease, she didn't care about games, but after how he'd left last night, she kind of felt like playing that little game, turning the tables and seeing how he liked it. Apparently, he didn't like it at all.

Amy heard him walk up behind her, but before she could do anything, he had spun her around and pinned her against the wall, one hand holding her wrists secured over her head, the other fisting in her messy waves, just like he'd imagined the first time he saw her. Her breath came in short little pants, and he loved the smell of her pheromones, so intoxicating to him, like she was made just for him. The vanilla scent she released was making him drunk, and before he could get himself back under control, Amy let out a little mewling noise of desire, and that did him in.

Amy had mere seconds to register what was happening when Levi's lips crushed against hers. They were rough but full, and his breath was delicious, his taste was heavy and delightful on her mouth. Her belly tightened and her legs rubbed together, instantly aroused by his advances.

Levi couldn't believe he was losing his control like his, or that she was letting him. Her taste was like honey, it was just as overwhelming as her scent, and he knew he could easily let himself take her right there. The primal call inside him roared in triumph, and the blood in his head drained down to his cock, and his erection was rubbing against her belly. This seemed to only encourage her more, and she rubbed her belly against him, her hips gyrating on their own, and he could only imagine how wet she was. Her arms shook against his hand, but he didn't think she was really trying to get away.

Amy had lost all her senses, she was drunk off of him, and when she felt him against her, his length stiff and impressive, she became aware again that she was just in a lacy tank top and panties. Her body responded to his easily, and she couldn't help the way she was writhing against him.

Totally inappropriate, so wrong, but neither of them cared. All that mattered was just easing the physical chemistry that boiled between them; breaking the sexual tension that had been building since they'd seen each other less than 24 hours ago.

Levi suddenly snapped, and it seemed Amy did at the same, for they both pulled away from the other, totally breathless, flushed. Levi immediately released her hands, and Amy moved away from both him and the wall, and stood awkwardly staring at him.

"I'm sorry Amy, I...damn it." He stopped, unable to spit out what he wanted to say. She was staring at him with a look of lust and apprehension. He moved to the door. "I'll just wait outside. Take your time."

He stalked back out of the door, and Amy sunk down on the bed, shorts in hand, but her mind a million other places.

*****

They had driven up to the farmhouse in silence, sat down to breakfast with the whole group from last night, then hooked up to the trailer and followed Virgil and Jill into town. They'd both tried to attempt small talk, but no words were coming out, so they'd settled for just driving in silence, old Brooks and Dunn songs blaring on the one radio station in town. Levi had his arm casually slung over the bench seat, his hand barely resting on Amy's hair, but she'd noticed how he'd wound his fingers through a few of the stray tendrils. It made her giddy like a 15 year old.

Besides, she thought to herself, didn't she deserve a chance to feel like this, for once in her life? To be the damsel, to feel the giddiness, to not have to be a badass, to just have fun?

Levi just couldn't help it, although he didn't know what to say, he couldn't keep his fingers off of her, he just had to be touching her.

They rode to town in an easy silence, and though it should've been awkward, it was like they'd done this a million times before. Neither one brought up that morning, but both were okay with that.

In about thirty minutes, they were pulling up to the county livestock barn. This weekend was the round-up, and about 150 mustangs were for sale. Amy followed Levi in to the barn, her eyes everywhere at once. Cowboys covered the place; there were what seemed like a thousand people there. Levi reached back and grabbed her hand, she was going too slowly and they almost got separated. She grinned down at the ground and he grinned back at her, his eyes dancing, and then continued to pull her to the front office, where they met Virgil and Jill and got their bidding number and the program. The program listed all the horses available to be purchased, and the information about them.

Virgil told Amy that in half an hour, the bidding would start, so she better get started looking right away.

The group found a spot on the bleachers and started pouring through the program. Virgil, Jill, and Levi all had an opinion of what kind of mustang she should look for.

"You need a gelding..."

"A short gelding, they're easier..."

"And make sure it's a nice color, he'll sell better when you're done that way..."

"Don't get a sorrel..."

"Get a sorrel..."

Amy shook her head, trying to focus on the program she and Levi were sharing. Surely there would be something in this auction right for her. She looked at a pretty appaloosa, but he was only 12 hands, and that was just too short. Next she liked a blue roan, but he was only 2, and that was too young. She looked and looked, all the while getting advice about which one to choose, and finally the half hour was up, and the auction started.

The first group of horses was under 2, and though there was one she liked, it was too young to start breaking. The second group was mares, and she didn't pay any attention to that. She'd ridden enough horses to know she didn't want a mare.

The last group would be the geldings, so the stallions came next. Levi shook his head, and leaned over to her.

"Don't even waste time with this group, you don't want a stud..."

Amy wrinkled her nose a little and watched as only five studs were brought out. The first was a gorgeous bay, with three white stockings and a huge blaze. He was pretty calm for a stud, and she smiled to herself. Virgil looked over at Levi. "There ya go, son. That's the horse for you."

Levi leaned forward and studied the stallion. He was beautiful, if not a bit short at only 15 hands, but a fine size for ranch work. He thought over the mare he'd just finished out, she was a good mount, but not really very challenging. He smiled and nodded at Virgil. The older man nodded back, and when that horse came up for bid, Virgil's number 16 won him. Jill clapped her hands excitedly, and Amy smiled. It was an incredible horse.

The next stallion came up to the block. He was a rangy chestnut, not very impressive. He went for little. The following two, a gray and another chestnut, looked a little better than the second, and they went for a decent price, considering how little mustangs go for anyways. Finally, the last stud came to the front, and Amy sat straight up.

The horse was dancing at the end of his stud chain, and his nostrils were flared with excitement and fear. He was jet black, blacker than any horse Amy had ever seen. He was huge, a towering 16.2 hands, and he had no markings at all. His mane was long, falling down to his chest, and his tail dragged across the ground. His entire body was muscled and lithe, he was a solid rock.

Levi had noticed the look on Amy's face, and he followed her captivated gaze to the horse in the ring. A real devil, obviously, that horse looked like he'd just as soon kill his handler as his own mother. He looked back in Amy's face in disbelief.

"That's the one..." Amy said breathlessly.

"You've gotta be kidding, Amy." Levi said, images of her dead corpse in the arena flashing through his head. "Amy that horse is loco, he'd kill you!"

She snorted, sounding just like the horse. "No he wouldn't, that's the one, that's the horse I want. Please..." She turned to face him, her face pleading. He knew when he saw that look that he was in trouble, he'd never be able to tell her no when she gave him that face. "Please, Levi. I know that's the right one."

He looked over at Virgil, who was shaking his head. "Don't do it son, that horse is crazy."

Levi sighed. "I'll help her, Virg. C'mon, give the gal a chance."

Jill smiled, bemused. Virgil shook his head again, but he'd come to trust Levi's judgment in the last two years more than any of his other hands, and he didn't plan to change that now.

Grudgingly, he raised his number, and he won the horse on the first bid, amid murmurs. No one else was crazy enough to bid on that animal.

Amy actually squealed when they won, and she clapped her hands together and bounced in her seat. The smile she gave Levi was so glorious, so beautiful, that it made him think it was worth getting his neck broke, just to see that look on her face. She grabbed him around his waist and squeezed.

"This is great, Levi! I can't believe it! I haven't had my own horse since my dad..." She stopped and faltered for a minute, then turned and smiled back at him, the moment gone. He smiled back and put a hand against her cheek, and she pushed against him and basked in the glow for a moment before they looked back at the auction, the geldings were coming out and Virgil wanted three more to take home that day.

*****

They stopped at a burger joint on their way home, the only one in town. All in all it had been a great auction, they'd bought a roan, a chestnut and a gray besides the two studs, and Virgil was pretty pleased overall. The trailer he and Jill were hauling held the three geldings and the bay, and Levi and Amy's trailer held her black. That had been a royal nightmare, getting that horse loaded. They'd had to drive him in through the chute, because there was no way anyone could get close enough to him to load him.

Virgil had shaken his head, Levi cursed under his breath, but Amy held steadfast to her conviction. She knew what she could do with that horse, and she was going to prove it to them all. Finally, they'd just sedated the stud and run him into the trailer, and he was standing in there quietly, for now.

*****

After dinner was finished, everyone piled back into their trucks and headed on home, Levi's free hand wrapped in Amy's hair once again, both humming silently in contentment. When they pulled up, Joey, Mordecai, Hank, and Luke came meandering up to help them unload. Veronica was there too, wearing designer...everything.

She sauntered up to Levi as he hopped out and walked around to get Amy's door.

"Hey Levi, where have you been all day?" Levi sighed, she knew the answer to that. What she was really asking was why he hadn't invited her along.

He opened Amy's door and helped her out without answering. The two women squared off and faced each other. Veronica's nose wrinkled a little. Amy stood 6 inches taller than her, and it was intimidating. Amy's smile, however, was genuine.

"Hey, I'm Amy. I've heard so much about you, I followed you in all the magazines when you won Nationals last year!"

Veronica flashed a smile, but it was decidedly false.

"Of course you did." With that, she turned on her heel and sauntered off.

Amy stood staring after her, confused. She looked at Levi, but he just shook his head and grinned at her in his easy way, and she smiled back. Just the light in his eyes melted her.

"Let's go get that devil of yours." He grabbed her hand as he pulled her to the back of the trailer, and she giggled despite herself. All the cowhands noticed, including Luke, who growled under his breath, and Veronica, who turned a shade of purple.

They ran the mustangs out in an arena off the side of the barn. The four went in easily, but the black was freaking out, pawing and snorting, his huge black body quivering and angry. They ran him into a separate pasture, the one reserved for visiting studs, with 7 foot tall pipe fencing and an electric wire. He ran around and around it, his speed incredible. Amy leaned against the fence, watching him. The other cowhands wondered over from the first group to look at him.

"The boss was crazy to bring this devil home; he'll never amount to anything but dog food!"

Luke looked over at her and gestured to the first pen where the other new horses were. "So which gelding is yours?"

Amy shook her head, and the wranglers all raised their eyebrows. He was about to persist, but just then, Levi came stalking back over, and the rest of the hands moved off to get the mustangs settled, including Luke, though sullenly.

"Don't listen to them, Amy. I don't know what you have up your sleeve, but I do know that you wouldn't have asked me to stick my neck out for you if you didn't have a plan. It'll be fine, you'll prove them wrong."

Levi wasn't sure how much of that small speech he could rely on, but the look Amy gave him was enough to reassure him.

"You'll see, Levi. They'll all see. This horse is going to go places."

And with that, she turned and headed back in the direction of her cabin, Levi smiling after her. She was a hell of a woman. The black snorted loudly and bucked, and Levi stared back at him.

He just hoped that that hell of a woman was a match for this hell of a horse.

leejames
leejames
86 Followers