My Cup of Tea Ch. 03

Story Info
Love is like a rose...
1.6k words
4.44
8.3k
00

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 12/07/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Stupid Ian." Sara muttered as she scrubbed the life out of the toilet seat. Her back ached and it screamed for revenge. Just two days ago, Ian had told her he liked her. Just this morning, he had told her he missed her. And right now, at this very moment, as Sara wielded a menacing scrubber in her hand and smelled like tooti-frutti ice cream X manure, she felt as though someone had turned her head into a top as it spun and threatened to pop. What was going on in that head of Ian's? One moment he melted her with his words and the next—well, he made her want to strangle his perfect neck.

"I guess this is what they call love..." The butterflies in Sara's heart flapped their wings and made her beating heart send warmth throughout her body. He made her... crazy. Well, she was a little crazy to begin with, as her two best friends and sisters would agree. In daydreaming like a little fool, Sara hugged the wet and smelly scrubber to her chest and sighed. "Eew." Sara chucked the scrubber and stood up like an Amazon princess in the middle of a battle. Today was a Wednesday and she finally realized it was Ian who was designated by the Boss himself to clean the creamery's bathroom every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Sara smacked a sticky palm to her forehead and rubbed her face. She clenched her fists by her sides and stormed out of the bathroom.

Sara shot an accusing finger at Ian. "You were supposed to scrub the john to—" For the first time in Sara's life, she became speechless. On top of the counter in front of her usual spot in scooping ice cream for the customers was a single long-stemmed pink rose wrapped at the stem with a beautiful white ribbon.

"Ian..."

Sara knew her face was flushed and sweaty from scrubbing the toilet. She knew she smelled like bleach mixed with fruitiness mixed with crap—well not really crap, no one crapped in the creamery's toilet, though there was this one time when Sara couldn't help herself. The chili from the night before had destroyed her GI tract and gave her diarr—anyway... Sara was absolutely speechless. She swallowed air down her throat and felt metaphorical flames flickering before her face. She thought she knew how to handle the boy before her—he wasn't much of an enigma, he was just someone from another planet because guys like Ian Forest Collins would never like girls like Sara Biea Affen, Plain and Not Tall. Since she first met Ian, everything had felt like a dream, like a teenage soap opera where she was the lucky star—just like the bike ride, but so far there had been no bumps in the road and no falls, just clear and smooth sailing down a frictionless path, with her arms reaching the clouds. As her eyes drank in the sight of the beautiful pink rose, Sara's heart reminded her how real everything was. She was a dreamer but at the moment, she was not dreaming.

"Is that for me?" If he said no, she'd bury her face in a vat of ice cream. Or better yet, his face... Since meeting Ian, Sara found herself to be very violent! It was funny but violence solved nothing, kids.

Ian shrugged. His eyes could house storms, Sara thought. They were impossibly blue—baby blue to be exact—and the darkness of his lashes and his hair gave him an exotic look, not like Tarzan, but more like a gypsy boy, a boy with magic in his soul and wonders in his heart. His eyes did not look at her and he seemed nervous as he stared at his shoes and held his hands rigidly by his sides. Suddenly, he looked up and his eyes locked with hers and he began to move toward her and stopped when only a foot of distance stood between their bodies.

"I..."

The warmth in his gaze threatened to melt her into her classic puddle of pee—Sara! Now's not the time to make strange jokes and stuff! Focus! Focus!

His lips looked moist and he swallowed as his eyes traveled down to Sara's lips—Sara pouted them a little and she could swear they quivered.

He turned his eyes away from her face and rubbed the back of his neck with a hand. "I want you..." Ian laughed. Why were the words stuck in his mouth? Why did he feel so nervous? Would Sara laugh if she knew he had never confessed anything to another girl before? Would she explode into giggles if she knew she would be his first... everything? The confused look on Sara's face made his heart dance and he summoned his courage to finish the rest of his sentence.

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

Before she could even digest his words, Ian bent down and gave her forehead a soft kiss. Sara felt wonderful chills run down her spine and the back of her neck tingled.

"You taste funny." Sara frowned-- why did he always have to ruin moments too? Ian stuck out his tongue and laughed. Sara narrowed her eyes.

This was all happening too fast.

And what was it that Ian saw in her? All these thoughts could make her head explode.

She reached down for the pink rose. It hadn't bloomed yet. Someone wise once said love was also like a rose, beautiful in bloom but transient, so transient for the petals will always fall and the rose will always wilt. Love is then like a rose, only beautiful in bloom and their love was just blossoming.

A mix of euphoria and sadness filled Sara's heart. She had known Ian for over a month now but it had only been two days since she knew how he felt about her. Sara breathed deeply.

If love was a bike ride, then all she had to do was be unafraid, wear a helmet, and go full speed. Tears welled up in her eyes—she'd never felt happier. Luckily, the atmosphere in the creamery was great, not a single soul wandered in for ice cream. Well, it wasn't lucky for the Boss, but who cared about the Boss at the moment, especially when he gave them no bonuses and made them scrub the toilet.

"I want you to be mine too. Well not girlfriend. Ugh..." Crap, leave it to Sara to screw the loveliest of moments up. To make up for her slip, she shot forward and wrapped her arms around Ian and crushed into him with a hug she wished could last forever. He scent, his warmth, his body—everything about him felt so right and familiar. He made her heart beat. He made her forget about her troubles. He made the queerness of the creamery bearable. Ian hugged her back tightly, so tightly she could hear the soft rumbling of his stomach and the beating of his heart, a steady beat at a quickened pace.

"What the heck are you two doing?"

Sara gently shoved Ian away from her as the sweetness of their embrace was shattered by no other than best friend number one and two, but mostly Lisa whose voice when peeved was squeaky enough to make eardrums commit suicide.

"I told you my love spell would work." Jenna in fishnet stockings, a stripped shirt that fell to her knees, and her dark hair down in curls instead of the usual bun looked absolutely bewitching. Dark eyeliner framed her eyes and her bangs covered her forehead—the most prominent feature of her face. Jenna hated her big forehead but Sara admired it because Sara knew a wonderfully brilliant brain hid behind that forehead.

As for Lisa, she was nothing less of the blond goddess she was, in a black skirt short enough to make an old man blush, a light-blue tank top that revealed too much, and her face glowing. Every since Ian rejected her, Lisa had plotted openly to crush his heart, which she knew was black because no one with a normal heart would reject her, Lisa of all people! She narrowed her beautiful eyes at Sara and Sara almost cringed in the corner like a frightened mouse in the presence of a killer cat.

"I got free tickets to a concert for tonight. Don't know which band is playing, don't care. But if you want to come along..." Jenna sent Sara a wink. Sara wished Jenna had a spell potent enough to freeze Lisa.

Ian looked at the three girls and felt cornered, as most boys do when outnumbered by girls. "I'll finish cleaning bathroom," he said with a shrug before he disappeared into the bathroom.

"I can't believe you Sara."

"Way to go girl."

"You are a traitor!"

"I knew you two had something going on."

"I won't lose to the likes of you."

The likes of me? Sara blinked.

"Shut up Lisa."

"Make me witch."

"Guys just calm down! We... we were just..."

"Whatever." Lisa dismissed the girls with a quick wave of her hand. "I'll remember this Sara Biea Affen." Lisa walked out of the creamery with clenched teeth and bulging veins in her neck and temples.

"She's always like this. Forget her. Now about the concert."

"But Jenna..."

Sara's insides churned. Was it wrong to like the boy who rejected one of your best friends? Was she a betrayer?

"What should I do?"

Jenna shrugged. "Not my problem." She slapped two tickets on the counter and waved. "See you tonight."

Sara sighed. Best friends forever? Best friends for life?

Sometimes, best friends were scarier than the worst of enemies... Sara stroked the rose and bit her bottom lip. Was being with Ian worth losing a best friend over?

When Ian poked his head out from the bathroom and waved the scrubber in the air like a sword, Sara knew she had the answer to her own question. He was...