My Day at the Mall Ch. 08

Story Info
An ex-Marine finds himself embroiled in a fight for his life.
2k words
4.73
65.2k
56

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 07/24/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I chuckled as I lay there after Maggie left looking at the twin visions at my side wondering how in the hell I could do this and not screw it up. I had no insight whatsoever into the BDSM subculture and had never thought I'd find myself any more involved with it than dealing with a few scuffles between patrons at the Mall. Hurting a woman who wasn't pointing a gun at me just wasn't in my nature, and that was all I thought BDSM really was.

Now Maggie is telling me that I'm going to have Becca for what sounds like forever. I was interested in her sister and now that seems like that might be out the window. I sighed and Rachel stirred.

I looked down into the greenest eyes I'd ever seen. They sparkled with life like twin emeralds set on a perfect alabaster necklace. I smiled and said softly, "Hello, little one. How are you feeling today?"

Her eyes snapped wide open and for a brief moment there was panic in her eyes as she stiffened next to me. I was saddened by the fear in her eyes. She didn't move away however, and the moment quickly passed. She relaxed back into the shelter of my side. Hesitantly at first she took my hand and drew my arm over her back and hugged herself to my side.

The Irish lilt in her voice was intoxicating to me. I could listen to her speak all day and never tire of her voice. "I am sorry to react that way to you. I have to remind myself every time I'm near you or the others that I needn't be frightened of you. That you and they haven't and won't hurt me." A single tear leaked from the corner of her eye and trailed down her cheek.

I wiped the tear from her cheek and said, "You never need to fear me. We'll do our best to keep you and you sister safe. In time and with help these feelings will pass."

She smiled and the room lit with her joy like a spotlight had been switch on in the room. I hesitated for a moment and then said, "I don't know what Maggie has told you about your sister's condition but it isn't good."

Sighing, I used the phone next to the bed and called the kitchen. When Jerry answered I asked, "Jerry? Call Mel and tell her I'm not up for her visit today. Don't tell her why. Just tell her that there were a few complications and ask her to give us a couple of days to sort things out a bit. Also ask her if we can send you after one or both of her cousins to help with security till I'm mobile again. They are Troopers so it shouldn't be a problem."

"You got it Bossman. Good thing you called; they would be leaving soon."

He hung up and I settled a little more into the soft bed. Rachael snuggled down next to me and I swear she was almost purring in contentment. I spent the next few hours talking with her and learning about her.

Rachael was a graduate with honors of the National University of Ireland Galway and had a double degree in Finance and Business Management and Bachelors in Computer Sciences. She loved computers but her passion was art. She was an accomplished artist in her own right and while not famous she'd had several international showings in Europe and one in New York. She used her degrees to manage her and her sister's modest holdings and to trade on the Dublin Stock Exchange.

How she did all of that in such a short lifetime amazed me. Her sister had degrees in History and Art. Becca hadn't applied herself to her schooling the way Rachael had. She had preferred to party more than study and still graduated in the top ten percent of her class. These women were both astonishingly intelligent.

Sometime while she was talking I drifted off to sleep. When I woke up Becca was curled into my side. She was moaning in protest at the nightmare that she was having. I cooed softly and stroked her hair. "Gently, Becca. No one is going to hurt you. It's all right."

I stroked her face and as I spoke she relaxed, sighed softly, and drifted into a deeper, more peaceful slumber. I heard a small sound and looked to the door to see Maggie and Rachael standing there with looks of adoration on their faces.

Maggie whispered, "That is so cute."

Rachael nodded, "I'm the only other person that I know can do that. Mum and Da would always have to wake her; she must feel safe with you."

Okay, so I blushed a little, sue me.

Ray came in and told us that Jerry would be back in about twenty minutes with Tommy Monroe and Mike Butler. Mel had sent them to help us with security until I was mobile again.

With a little help from Rachael, Maggie managed to move the sleeping woman so they could give me a sponge bath. As much fun as that could have been we passed on the sexy antics to be ready for our new arrivals. As it was, we only just got me redressed before we heard Jerry in the hall. I tugged my T-shirt into place and asked Ray to help me into the living room.

"Cowboy, that just ain't gonna happen! I told you I want you to rest today. If you feel good tomorrow we try putting you in a chair and letting you sit in the living room or the security room. But you are going to take it easy for the next five days if I have to sedate you to do it!" Maggie's voice and the look on her face brooked no argument.

I looked at her for a moment. "Maggie, I need to talk to them and I don't want to disturb Becca or have her wake up in a room full of strange men."

She looked at me for a moment. "It would be easier to move her to another room temporarily than to let you risk hurting yourself or delaying your recovery. Every time you stress that knee over the next week you are going to delay your recovery. You can sit up in here and Ray can bring her back in after you talk to the others."

The look on her face told me this was the best compromise I could expect. I sighed and nodded to Ray. Rachael moved quickly out of the door to prepare another bed for her sister. "I'll stay with her so she won't be alone if she wakes up."

Ray carried the sleeping woman out of the room and a few seconds later Jerry, Tommy, and Mike came in. "You just wanted an excuse to laze around all day, didn't you, you goldbrick," Tommy Monroe said with a grin.

I looked at him with a straight face and asked, "If you had three ladies that looked like these around you'd want to lounge by the pool with them too."

Maggie's eyes popped open wide and Rachael's face blushed a bright red. Tommy and Mike were just flabbergasted. Ray and Jerry began laughing as the others caught on to the joke.

Maggie then broke them up again when she asked, "Does this mean the hot tub is no longer clothing optional?"

Tommy whipped his head around to her so fast I was afraid that he'd get whiplash.

I laughed again. "Has Jerry explained the situation?"

They sobered and Mike answered. "He told us that you are off your feet for a week and that you needed help to watch over these ladies. He also said this is a fortress in disguise. He said the setup is state of the art."

"He's right, it is. But three people can only watch for so long before fatigue takes its toll. We needed at least one more and with the two of you we can staff the security room around the clock and still make sure everyone gets enough downtime to stay sharp. I expect this to take several months at the least unless he tries to cut a deal and Mel says that's not gonna happen."

Tommy looked at me and then at Mike and looked distinctly uncomfortable. "Um... I don't know how to tell you this but Winslow was transferred to federal custody yesterday. Sissy is trying to get him back into state hands but the Feds and Homeland Security want the information that they think he might have. She may not be able to prevent a deal."

The rage that welled through my threatened to burst free in a conflagration; Rachael stroked the side of my face to get my attention. I looked at her. "You will keep us safe. You gave your word and I trust you. You won't let us down."

I sighed. "Did you guys bring any more surprises with you?"

Mike smiled and they went back into the hall. Mike brought in a double case of 5.56mm ammunition and set it down. Tommy came back in the room with four double rifle cases and sat one on the foot of my bed.

"Do you prefer up close, distance, or a mixture for your primary weapon?" Mike asked.

I looked at Jerry and he just grinned. "I'm good on any of the three. I have sniper certification, C.Q.B.(Close Quarters Battle), as well as guerrilla warfare experience. Why?"

He opened the case and removed a very formidable weapon. The H&K G36 is the preferred weapon for the German military and is coming into popularity with most police departments and SWAT teams. The FBI also issue them to their HRT(Hostage Rescue Teams) squads. H&K says they have a production model with over 25,000 rounds fired without a single misfire or jam and without cleaning.

The variant he brought out was the G36K, a sniper rifle including built in 3-power optical scope. Handing it to Jerry he said, "This is for Bear, and this," he held up a G36C with red dot scope and laser targeting device, "is for you. I've enough of each of these so we each have one. I have one of every variant, assault, sniper, and close quarters for each of us. These are yours. A friend in D. C. was more than happy to help Red out when he called him with the information about Winslow's change of custody."

I grinned at him. Missouri had refused to purchase these a year ago citing lack of funds in the budget. Red had gotten them for us which put us on an even footing with just about anybody that would come after us.

"I want to thank you for your help. If the Feds give Winslow a deal none of us are going to be safe. I'll tell you now that if they give him a deal I will take him out. I will eliminate the threat he represents permanently."

I looked around the room and saw nods of agreement from everyone there.

Tommy and Mike nodded and Mike said, "If they let him off, he'll come after everyone he can find that had anything to do with arresting him. Wayne and the girls will be his first targets but the rest of us won't be far behind. He was a frequent host to Senator Mavros. That man is dirtier than a cesspool. He'll take money from anyone and cover it up anyway he can."

I put a hand to the bridge of my nose and sighed. "This just keeps getting better and better." I looked around the room and said "I need to rest. Jerry can show you the security. I want at least two of us up and watching at all times. From this point on everyone is armed at all times; no exceptions. If they are this connected then we are in deeper shit than I thought."